To Aru Kagaku no Railgun

Discuss any anime in general, ISML or not. Please be mindful of spoilers and use spoiler tags!
hinakatbklyn
Incubator
Incubator
Melon Pan: 55

Re: To Aru Kagaku no Railgun

Post by hinakatbklyn » Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:21 pm

Just by reading through the manga and seeing the first few episodes of railgun, it's not mentioned as much as Mikoto X Kuroko, but Mikoto complaining about not being able to beat Touma (in more than 1 episode or multiple chapters) is mentioned quite a bit. If she's complaining about someone who doesn't fight back, try and complain when she has to face a real opponent. And I have yet to see past episode 5 of the Index series which is right now more serious than the railgun series.
Rathma
Cardcaptor
Cardcaptor
Melon Pan: 50

Post by Rathma » Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:55 am

Ah, getting a topic back after some months is always great xD

So, Railgun is now on Episode 18 and had after finishing the first arc from ep 1-12 only episodes mostly concentrating on side charakters. They still are nicely made and had some funny parts, also guest starrings from index, himegami and komoe-sensei.
It was also nice to get to know some more charakters. Here and there were some hints for a future story.
What i read, it's nothing mentioned in the Manga, but i don't know it, so it doesn't bother me. Still enjoying this series.
gunwolf100
Ninja
Ninja

Post by gunwolf100 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:33 am

the show is awesome! the room keeper crushing necks is just epic ^_^

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
dotKuro
Mahou shoujo
Mahou shoujo
Melon Pan: 0

Post by dotKuro » Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:05 pm

Not a fan myself. Most of it is at the better end of mediocre, but I hate Mikoto with a passion.
Cytrus
Translator
Translator
Badges:
Melon Pan: 65

Post by Cytrus » Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:36 pm

I haven't enjoyed a show as much as I do Railgun in quite some time. What I find particularly admirable is how the transition from the manga was handled - which things were dropped and which became more emphasized. Not only were there actually some changes for the better, stuff that could easily become horrible filler actually feels as much part of the show as everything else. The anime found time to do things the manga couldn't, like the Kuroko/Kazari origin episode. I even like the slice of life pace we're getting lately, though that means less story arcs in all (second season please).

There are necessary evils: perverted Kuroko (fanservice, and for those unable to pick up on the deep bond between Kuroko and Mikoto from more subtle and powerful scenes) and Touma half-existing in the series for little to no apparent purpose (offshoot complex, I'll call it). But I found those possible to ignore overall.
FF.net account:: Railgun, Higurashi/Umineko, Haruhi, L*S, HnG, Touhou...
aly_angelflight
Sacred jewel
Sacred jewel
Worships: Miyanaga Saki
Wish: A job to just land on my lap

Post by aly_angelflight » Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:20 pm

The Touma and H-Kuroko scenes are usually borrowed from the manga, though. ^^;

If there's a S2 of Railgun, it better have the Sisters Arc in it. (So far, Mikoto's POV pwns Touma's POV of the arc by the billionth power.)
Rathma
Cardcaptor
Cardcaptor

Post by Rathma » Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:45 am

God, Uiharu... freaky, she took something before she got there xD And funny how Saten got her back, just flipping the skirt again.
ANd Misaka in this dress absolutely and overwhelming cute.
akumaxx
Puella magi
Puella magi
Wish: An ISML without harmonics

Post by akumaxx » Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:58 pm

On seeing the new guy someone guessed her CV right...
Will she be cannon fodder in Saimoe?
== Low Activity ==
Current Soul: 269
Newest cards of Saimoe set: (Resized for signature use)
Previous cardsShow
ithekro
Strike witch
Strike witch
Badges:

Post by ithekro » Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:16 pm

Depends on if they are remembered next year.
Space Opera
AmuletShana
Ninja cadet
Ninja cadet

Post by AmuletShana » Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:34 am

what are you guys talk about nya???
Fate
Moon princess
Moon princess
Badges:
Worships: Fate Testarossa
Melon Pan: 105
2020 Female Favorite: Aisaka Taiga
2020 Male Favorite: Hei
2019 Female Favorite: Aisaka Taiga
2019 Male Favorite: Sakata Gintoki
2018 Female Favorite: Aisaka Taiga
2018 Male Favorite: Sakata Gintoki
Wish: Perpetual joy for friends and family

Post by Fate » Sat Mar 20, 2010 4:25 pm

Wow, the last ep was epic compared to the previous eps. 9/10 overall for this series.
ImageALL HAIL FATE T. HARLAOWN!Image
[url=irc://irc.rizon.net/Feitoism]#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net[/url]
Toady
[School Idol Producer]
[School Idol Producer]
Badges:
Worships: Tsuruya-san
2020 Female Favorite: Nagato Yuki
2020 Male Favorite: Ishigami Yū
2019 Female Favorite: Nakano Azusa
2019 Male Favorite: Kyon
2018 Female Favorite: Rem
2018 Male Favorite: Roy Mustang
Wish: A wedding for Nico & Maki

Post by Toady » Sat Mar 20, 2010 5:08 pm

I gave it a 8/10.

And yeah, Railgun is quite slow-paced, but we had two wonderful final battles. One in the middle of the series and this epic one. Especially the battle on the car, with the combo Misaka-Kuroko. Wonderful !
Much stuff (but Chibaka has more)Show
#Drunkard4Ever #ThanksKiwi
My Secret Santa is awesome :3

Hikarin <3
Thank you Secret Santa 2016 :3
akumaxx
Puella magi
Puella magi
Wish: An ISML without harmonics

Post by akumaxx » Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:20 am

I mark it a rank of S(3S most)
That iron punch... can I call it Rail Cannon?
Artifical railgun is weak!

Edit: Someone said that Saten shall have a skill of "Fourth Wave"(@ Needless)
== Low Activity ==
Current Soul: 269
Newest cards of Saimoe set: (Resized for signature use)
Previous cardsShow
Clones1201
Ninja cadet
Ninja cadet

Post by Clones1201 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:43 pm

I think it is better than INDEX~
WhiteCrow
Pokémon trainer
Pokémon trainer

Post by WhiteCrow » Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:14 am

To Aru Majutsu no Index 2nd season announced!!!!!!!!!
Be ready for more exciting shots of Touma, Index, Mikoto, Kuroko and Accelerator&Last Order!!
(I truely love J.C.Staff)
ImageImage Image ImageImage ImageImageImage ImageImage Image Image Image Image
kuachai
Harem lead
Harem lead

Post by kuachai » Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:26 am

WhiteCrow wrote:To Aru Majutsu no Index 2nd season announced!!!!!!!!!
Be ready for more exciting shots of Touma, Index, Mikoto, Kuroko and Accelerator&Last Order!!
(I truely love J.C.Staff)
Yep here it is~ From the official website. Heard that the it will be animated till Chapter 13 of the light novel
Kordosa
Soul gem
Soul gem
Worships: Moriya Suwako's hat
2019 Female Favorite: Sakurajima Mai
2019 Male Favorite: Eugeo
2018 Female Favorite: Yamada Elf
2018 Male Favorite: Willem Kmetsch
Wish: A third season of Spice and Wolf.

Post by Kordosa » Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:20 am

So it seems everyone forget that there were separate threads for both Index and Railgun (the latter of which was pushed down to page 11).
By the way, I personally don't believe thread necromancy is bad. If something is relevant to a thread, then it's relevant.

So I finally started watching Railgun S via Funimation. Currently at 16/24; just finished the Sisters Arc.
Railgun S - Sisters Arc (through episode 16); Railgun 1st season…Show
I really thought Mikoto received a hell of a lot of character development beyond what she's already gotten in Index and the first season of Railgun.

In the first season of Railgun, Mikoto's general attitude towards people seeking power was more or less ambivalent. And then she encountered the AIM Burst creature, which held all of the subconscious thoughts of all the level 0s i the city and their feelings of worthlessness due to their lack of power compared to the city's espers. She did gain some development there since that changed her outlook on that topic. But she was then presented with the opposite extreme in Railgun S when she met Accelerator and his quest for absolute power seemingly to simply dominate everyone. While it wasn't shown explicitly, I would assume Mikoto's now realized that the concept of power and the reasons people seek it is incredibly varied.

She demonstrated how incredibly badass she was when facing Item. Also, that ponytail. As Kyon might say, "her charm points increased by 15%". :love:

Also, while I thought the confrontation she had with Touma on the bridge was impressive in Index, with the backstory fully revealed in Railgun S and showing the ordeal Mikoto was going through, the entire scene became incredibly powerful on an emotional level.

Kuroko also gained some character development here, and I've found that she's a likable enough character on her own rather than simply being comedy relief.

Finally, I liked the new character Nunotaba (her English is awesome, and she got away with hitting Mikoto - TWICE). I hope she'll come back in the last few episodes.
QuotesShow
Cirno wrote:*sinister laugh* Winning by only 47 votes is all part of my master plan. Now everyone will think I'm weak when, in fact, I'm the strongest. And then, when they least expect it, I'll strike back and take over the entire ISML. It's foolproof. Hahahaha, I'm such a genius!
Crisu wrote:And, of course, never merge an anti-cookie with a normal cookie. Serious consequence will occur.
shiraoky wrote:I'm always squeeing lol.
Metaler wrote:Seriously, if you're gonna do something badly, then don't bother doing it. It's like when you take a dump: you don't show it to other people specifically because it's shit!
Kordosa wrote:Protip: If a male high school student character is voiced by a female seiyuu, there is a 100% probability that that character will be forced to crossdress at some point.
Kordosa
Soul gem
Soul gem

Post by Kordosa » Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:53 am

Just finished Railgun S. I give it 9/10.
Overall thoughtsShow
I am really glad that what I pointed out in my previous post about Mikoto's view on power and why people seek it showed itself in the end when she was talking to Nunotaba. Hooray for character development that lasts. :) And after watching the Silent Party(?) arc, I just have to ask why does Ruiko have to be such an awesome character? She took charge with Febri almost immediately and made it look easy. Also, I'm really glad my other favorite, Mitsuko got some airtime and a chance to shine near the end. But a Gundam, really? Ok, then. Also, Nunotaba was put on a plane at the end. Oh, well.

And with the underlying message of this season being about family and friendship, I'd like to jokingly give the series the tagline "Friendship Is Magic Science".
QuotesShow
Cirno wrote:*sinister laugh* Winning by only 47 votes is all part of my master plan. Now everyone will think I'm weak when, in fact, I'm the strongest. And then, when they least expect it, I'll strike back and take over the entire ISML. It's foolproof. Hahahaha, I'm such a genius!
Crisu wrote:And, of course, never merge an anti-cookie with a normal cookie. Serious consequence will occur.
Metaler wrote:Seriously, if you're gonna do something badly, then don't bother doing it. It's like when you take a dump: you don't show it to other people specifically because it's shit!
Kordosa wrote:Protip: If a male high school student character is voiced by a female seiyuu, there is a 100% probability that that character will be forced to crossdress at some point.
Kordosa
Soul gem
Soul gem

Post by Kordosa » Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:53 pm

Finally got around to watching the Railgun S specials.

Subs: UTW-Mazui
Rating: 8/10

Not much to say other than more fluffy comedy stuff as has been standard with the other specials.
QuotesShow