Voice Actor (Seiyuu) Appreciation

Discuss any anime in general, ISML or not. Please be mindful of spoilers and use spoiler tags!
Juice
Thaumaturge
Thaumaturge
Melon Pan: 50
Wish: To successfully guide students on their path.

Re: Voice Actor (Seiyuu) Appreciation

Post by Juice » Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:09 am

uis wrote:Well anyway this thread is specially for seiyuu fag (i mean r****o)

Noto Mamiko doing good job in Jigoku Shoujo (Jigoku Shoujo famous in my country)...
and her Ippen Shinde Miru quote quite famous even i feel lol when someone said it in public...

but i like Noto Mamiko because her role in school rumble as Tsukamoto Yakumo...
she really do a good job and i really like her voice as Yakumo...

Koshimizu Ami also doing a good job as Tenma in Sukuran... Her voice as Tenma make me lol... lol and lol...
Anyway i better stop... If i talk about Sukuran i will never stop *ex-sukuran-fag*
What do you mean "ex-sukuran-fag"? There exist no such thing!
*points to own sig and avatar.*

As for Koshimizu Ami, I appreciate her roles as Horo (Holo), Ric-chan (Kujibiki <3 Unbalance), Tenma (School Rumble [but of course]), and underappreciated for her role as (often hated) Kallen (Code Geass). So we have Mysterious, Subdued, Genki, and Tsundere, respectively. BTW, she's not bad at Live acting either.
New Saimoe Podcast!
GTO--an inspiration to my next stage in life.
Corni
~Senior Member~
~Senior Member~
Badges:
Worships: Yoshino Sakura
Melon Pan: 15
2018 Female Favorite: Tenma Gabriel White
2018 Male Favorite: Kanzaki Hideri
Wish: Wanna have daughters someday... Don't care blood or non blood... Maybe meet someone blonde and less than 140cm for marriage...

Post by Corni » Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:52 am

Anyway back to my fav seiyuu we start with Horie Yui Hocchan ftw <3...

I begin love it when she role as Honda Tohru in Fruit Basket especially For Fruit Basket (Yui Horie version) - Fruit Basket OP...

and when she given role as Shirakawa Kotori in Da Capo i love her more more *Da Capo fag*
her song Andante in DCSS really kick ass and damn good... *this is my opinion lol...*

and more lovely lovely when she given role as my originally 1st fav girl - Sawachika Eri -
her tsundere voice as Eri make me go *****, **** and ******...
and her song in Scramble, Feel My Feeling and Best Friend still my fav until today...

and some Hocchan role that i love -Hanyuu, Asakura Yume- *lol i forgot*
Look up high into the beautiful sky, with a steady gaze. Lets commit this moment to our memories.
We will make the beautiful sky even brighter. I will embrace you and your wings.
I want to protect that radiance. It is what keeps me going.
#eramalaysiabaru
SpoilerShow
Quote from song lyric BEAUTIFUL SKY by Hikasa Yoko, Yukana, Shimoda Asami, Hanazawa Kana, Inoue Marina, Saito Chiwa, and Mimori Suzuko from Infinite Stratos 2 ED
Chocola
Hikarin's Kitty
Hikarin's Kitty
Worships: Kousaka Reina
Wish: Hikachu to not hate me

Post by Chocola » Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:58 am

I haven't watched Fruit Basket yet, but lately she's been voicing some unique roles outside of her comfort zone, which IMO made me like her more. She's about a 3.6/5 on my scale, which is good - excellent. I love her voicing in Manabi and Minorin, and she did a good job with Hanyuu, Ayu, and Naru. Unfortunately I did not like her very much in Eri, but then again that might be bias from the series itself.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
MAL Ratings ISML Chat, Saimoe Blog, Saimoe Wiki
A tall, towering wall looms in front of me. Beyond that is something that I could never to see on my own.
And that is...the view from the top.
Corni
~Senior Member~
~Senior Member~
Badges:
Wish: Wanna have daughters someday... Don't care blood or non blood... Maybe meet someone blonde and less than 140cm for marriage...

Post by Corni » Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:13 am

I love her voice as Ayu and Minorin <3...
*Damn why i forgot...*

i will check wiki for more about her roles anyway because i easily forgot many things...
Look up high into the beautiful sky, with a steady gaze. Lets commit this moment to our memories.
We will make the beautiful sky even brighter. I will embrace you and your wings.
#eramalaysiabaru
SpoilerShow
Quote from song lyric BEAUTIFUL SKY by Hikasa Yoko, Yukana, Shimoda Asami, Hanazawa Kana, Inoue Marina, Saito Chiwa, and Mimori Suzuko from Infinite Stratos 2 ED
LazyCanuck
Chuunibyou
Chuunibyou

Post by LazyCanuck » Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:24 am

Eh I would say the closest thing to VA fagging that I do would be being able to pick out like 5 VAs.
Tamura Yukari
Noto Makiko
Rei Kugumiya
the chick who does Shinku's voice
Aya Hirano
and Mabye a few others not sure

Just being able to pick them out is nothing to be overly proud of I guess but that's the best i can do and probably the most I'll ever do :v
Chocola
Hikarin's Kitty
Hikarin's Kitty
Worships: Kousaka Reina
Wish: Hikachu to not hate me

Post by Chocola » Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:57 am

...LC you're tempting me to make a list.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
MAL Ratings ISML Chat, Saimoe Blog, Saimoe Wiki
A tall, towering wall looms in front of me. Beyond that is something that I could never to see on my own.
And that is...the view from the top.
Corni
~Senior Member~
~Senior Member~
Badges:

Post by Corni » Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:06 am

Damn i dont care about seiyuu list but i really need one character fav list...
I think MAL list is enough but think again i wrong...
#eramalaysiabaru
SpoilerShow
Basaka
Translator
Translator
Badges:

Post by Basaka » Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:36 am

MAL list allows 10 chars. lol.

Anyone like the classic actors like... Toru Furuya and Ikeda Shuuichi?
Seishi
Familiar
Familiar
Worships: Takamachi Nanoha
Wish: The past to not weigh me down

Post by Seishi » Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:40 am

Gundam fan, Bas? I'll go with those guys.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Mushi
Hunter
Hunter
Worships: Shana

Post by Mushi » Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:53 pm

uis wrote:Noto Mamiko doing good job in Jigoku Shoujo (Jigoku Shoujo famous in my country)...
and her Ippen Shinde Miru quote quite famous even i feel lol when someone said it in public...

but i like Noto Mamiko because her role in school rumble as Tsukamoto Yakumo...
she really do a good job and i really like her voice as Yakumo...
Noto Mamiko is love... pure love.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xKTdf4JDPY

What a sweet lady. I don't care if she sounds the same with different characters. That soft, gentle voice makes me melt. Image

I guess I need to watch Jigoku Shoujo. One part that she's done that seems very different for her is Masane Amaha in Witchblade. I don't know how good the series is, I only watched the first episode to get an idea of what her part is like. She still has the trademark breathiness in her voice, but in the scene where she transforms, she gets into some dramatic voicing that seems different from her typical roles. And I was surprised by how good she sounds in the ED.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tE7tN5Qc2nE
Val
Uguu~
Uguu~
Worships: Fate Testarossa

Post by Val » Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:18 pm

Fate wrote:tl;dr
Nana is win.
I couldn't agree more for Mizuki Nana. Excellent voice acting for cute characters (even if she hasn't done that much roles), and truly EPIC songs with a beautiful voice.

Aya Hirano is obvious, I didn't like that much the Haruhi character *dodges missiles from Haruhi fans* but the songs by the characters (God Knows and Lost my Music) are pure awesomeness. Her Konata performance is outstanding, and I was surprised to hear her voice in Valkyria Chronicles, in a completely different tone.

More classic, Megumi Hayashibara is also one of the greatests for me, from the quiet Rei from Evangelion to the overexcited Lina Inverse or Faye Valentine, she has done pretty much everything.

And I started to like Rie Kugimiya since Toradora, I'm not really into tsundere characters, but I liked this one.

As for male seiyuu:

Jun Fukuyama, since his Lelouch performance and his similar role as an Emperor in Valkyria Chronicles. So much charisma in a voice... °_°

Akira Ishida, I just like his acting in many characters : Chrno, Athrun, Kaworu (Eva), Gaara... and most of them, Xellos :D

And I can't forget the voice that is true embodiment of epicness, Tōru Furuya (Amuro Ray, Seiya, Casshern)
Seishi
Familiar
Familiar

Post by Seishi » Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:33 pm

(I guess I'll bold the seiyuu and italicize the titles from now on in this thread)

Hmm, I'm glad someone mentioned Akira Ishida. I've seen quite a few of his roles, but I have to believe his best was the Dung Beetle in Bokurano; he was such an absolute prick. Now I'll list some other men I appreciate.....erm, voices of, that is.

Okay, I'll use pretty much the cast from Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann. which I consider to have some of the best voicing out there.
Testuya Kakihara - Simon's voice. A fairly high voice for a male, some other notable roles include the unlucky Fujioka from Minami-ke and Graf Eisen (believe it!) from the Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha series. Oh, and who could forget Meguru "IT'S A SONY" Akiba from Kannagi
Katsuyuki Konishi - Kamina's voice. A veteran of the industry, Konishi has probably done at least one role everyone here can recognize. Many people would consider him to have a deep and "manly" voice.
Masaya Onosaka - Leeron's voice. Pretty much my male version of Kana Ueda, he is mostly oustanding in comedic roles.
Nobuyuki Hiyama - Viral's voice. My second favourite guy for doing hot-blooded roles. He has a very distinct and unique voice. He also did the voice of Link in The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time video game.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Shini
Pokémon trainer
Pokémon trainer
Worships: Shana

Post by Shini » Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:53 pm

Continuing on from my previous post...

Tanaka Rie - another great Rie, with a good range of voices. There's the sweet, cute type (Mitsuki from Akane-Iro), the gentle, meido role (Maria, Izayoi Sakuya), and the evil role (Suigintou). Sadly, it's been so long since I've seen Chobits and Rozen Maiden that I have a hard time remembering what Chii's and Gin's voices sounded like. ):
Haruka Tomatsu is a great new voice, mostly known for Nagi. She instantly became one of my favourites after a few episodes of Kannagi. Mada mada JIMI DA NE~
Horie Yui - I shouldn't have to explain this one. She has TONS of roles that I love, and she's doing a great job as Minorin.

And about Hirano Aya..I actually do like Haruhi's and Konata's voices, and I think they suit the characters well. It's the voices she did for Minato (Akane-Iro), Ayumi (Hyakko), and now Yuki (White Album) that I don't like. They're too high-pitched for my taste, and I can understand the reasoning, but it just seems strange when I know they're being voiced by Aya.
raizoo
Familiar
Familiar

Post by raizoo » Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:08 pm

Val wrote:I couldn't agree more for Mizuki Nana. Excellent voice acting for cute characters (even if she hasn't done that much roles), and truly EPIC songs with a beautiful voice.
What are you saying? She's had a decent amount of roles under her name. It's probably just hard to juggle her time with anime recordings, anison recordings, radio shows, TV shows and practising routines for concerts, but she's still done quite a number of characters.

And then I feel a little confused. Are we appreciating a seiyuu's acting, singing, maybe them as a person?

She is the most popular singing seiyuu idol of this generation, but should her singing ability be included all the time when we're talking about her? As a seiyuu, I find Mizuki Nana average, even overrated like Hirano Aya. As a singer, she's definitely talented, though I'm saddened by how she doesn't sing enka more. As a person, she seems fun and interesting, if radio and random TV shows really tell us anything about her. I still find it hilarious how a lot of people don't even realize she's a seiyuu because of how popular her singing career is getting. In Japan, at least.

What about the other seiyuu that can sing? Sakamoto Maaya is the first name that pops to my mind. Then there's Chihara Minori, Hayashibara Megumi, Nanri Yuuka, Kuribayashi Minami, Momoi Haruko and I'm going to include Chiba Saeko, just to name a few. Nakajima Megumi and Makino Yui are also some other names I'll throw out here. I'm unsure on what Tomatsu Haruka is trying to do either because she has done some drama shows and she's also signed with Music Ray'n Inc. And yes, I didn't include Horie Yui and Tamura Yukari for a reason, despite them being the two most popular seiyuu idol after from Mizuki Nana. I mean, gosh, Nanri Yuuka is the first seiyuu to have a single hit the #1 spot on the Oricon Daily Rankings as a part of FictionJunction YUUKA and I don't hear much about it. Not like she's been doing much lately, but hey, she's in Sora o Kakeru Shoujo and is releasing a single on the 25th of February.

It's just annoying to hear how amazing Mizuki Nana's voice acting seems to be and how her singing is nearly always mentioned in the other various seiyuu threads I've seen. Why don't we do the reverse and say a seiyuu isn't all that great because their singing sucks? Kawasumi Ayako, Noto Mamiko and Kugimiya Rie are names that automatically click in my mind.

Singing is just an added bonus.

I guess this is also me trying to not mingle other things a seiyuu does that doesn't directly involve their voice acting while it seems that other people are. I thought Kitamura Eri had a versatile voice and finding out how much of an otaku she is made me love her more. I thought Ueda Kana was awesome and hearing random clips of her, especially Marunage with Shimizu Kaori, made her even more awesome. I used to not care about Fukuen Misato until I saw some random episodes of Smile Gang, a radio show that got most of its popularity due to Mizuki Nana being the host. Should I like Fukui Yukari for being an ex-gravure model? Or how about Kobayashi Yu for being a former model and still having nice legs? Takahashi Chiaki for being a sexy girl? Okay, so maybe I'm really the only one here who might think about the non-singing side of things, but still.

sgbsfjgbasg I'll just try to drop the whole singing seiyuu thing.
Seishi wrote:Now I'll list some other men I appreciate.....erm, voices of, that is.
Sexy guys are sexy. I'll list some other random ones I like, though I think a few of them were already mentioned.
  • Jouji Nakata
  • Shiraishi Minoru
  • Inada Tetsu
  • Ono Daisuke
  • The Boss
  • Koyasu Takehito
  • Kamiya Hiroshi
  • Fujiwara Keiji
  • Sakaguchi Daisuke
  • Maeno Tomoaki
  • Fujita Yoshinori
THE BOSS!
Seishi
Familiar
Familiar

Post by Seishi » Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:52 pm

raizoo wrote: What about the other seiyuu that can sing? Sakamoto Maaya is the first name that pops to my mind.

Why don't we do the reverse and say a seiyuu isn't all that great because their singing sucks? Kawasumi Ayako, Noto Mamiko and Kugimiya Rie are names that automatically click in my mind.
I remember being a Maaya fan for her music before I was a fan of any particular seiyuu. I have all her albums, and she definitely ranks in top five Japanese singers.

I agree on those seiyuu not being particularly talented singers. I guess I find it easier than others to separate voice acting with singing in how I appreciate seiyuu, and since I don't really do the extra research the rest of the stuff doesn't affect me much.
Basaka
Translator
Translator
Badges:

Post by Basaka » Sat Feb 21, 2009 2:58 am

Did I hear Sakamoto Maaya? Her + Kanno = Canon.

For me, Tanaka Rie was probably my first favourite VA. Story: Gundam SEED was one of my first proper anime (not counting dubbed TV programs in NZ and Taiwan) that I watched. I liked Lacus. and her singing.
Corni
~Senior Member~
~Senior Member~
Badges:

Post by Corni » Sat Feb 21, 2009 3:07 am

Oh well another seiyuu that still not discuss but i love it - Murata Ayumi, Tokunaga Ai and Fujimura Ayumi...
#eramalaysiabaru
SpoilerShow
Seishi
Familiar
Familiar

Post by Seishi » Sat Feb 21, 2009 3:18 am

uis wrote:Fujimura Ayumi...
Her voice is so infectious, especially with Kyouka. She really brought Aya to life in the Touhou anime.
ithekro
Strike witch
Strike witch
Badges:

Post by ithekro » Sat Feb 21, 2009 4:05 am

Quick list of those participating in the ISML for reference:

(Five characters)
Kugimiya Rie: Aisaka Taiga, Katagiri Yūhi, Louise Françoise le Blanc de la Vallière, Sanzen'in Nagi, Shana
(Four characters)
Tamura Yukari: Furude Rika, Kawasumi Mai, Sunohara Mei, Takamachi Nanoha
(Three characters)
Hirohashi Ryō: Alice Carroll, Fujibayashi Kyō, Kawazoe Tamaki
Horie Yui: Furude Hanyū, Kushieda Minori, Tsukimiya Ayu
Nakahara Mai: Furukawa Nagisa, Hakurei Reimu, Ryūgū Rena
Tanaka Rie: Chii, Maria, Suigintou
(Two characters)
Gotō Yūko: Anya Alstreim, Asahina Mikuru
Matsuoka Yuki: Evangeline Athanasia Katherine McDowell, Kasuga "Ōsaka" Ayumu
Ueda Kana: Tōsaka Rin, Yagami Hayate
Sawashiro Miyuki: Kirisame Marisa, Shinku
Hirano Aya: Izumi Konata, Suzumiya Haruhi
Kawakami Tomoko: Kamio Misuzu, Kurata Sayuri
Koshimizu Ami: Holo, Kōzuki Kallen
(One character)
Katō Emiri: Hiiragi Kagami
Fukuhara Kaori: Hiiragi Tsukasa
Itō Kanae: Hinamori Amu
Nonaka Ai: Ibuki Fūko
Noto Mamiko: Ichinose Kotomi
Kadowaki Mai: Illyasviel von Einzbern
Iguchi Yuka: Index
Itō Shizuka: Katsura Hinagiku
Kitamura Eri: Kawashima Ami
Tange Sakura: Kinomoto Sakura
Kōda Mariko: Minase Nayuki
Satō Rina: Misaka Mikoto
Satō Akemi: Misaka Shiori
Hazuki Erino: Mizunashi Akari
Chihara Minori: Nagato Yuki
Haruka Tomatsu: Nagi
Takahashi Mikako: Patchouli Knowledge
Tsuji Ayumi: Remilia Scarlet
Sakamoto Maaya: Ryōgi Shiki
Kawasumi Ayako: Saber
Kuwashima Hōko: Sakagami Tomoyo
Iizuka Mayumi: Sawatari Makoto
Fujimura Ayumi: Shameimaru Aya
Kuwatani Natsuko: Suiseiseki
Sanada Asami: Vita
Fukuen Misato: Konjiki no Yami
Yukana: C.C.
Toyoguchi Megumi: Chiba Kirino
Mizuki Nana: Fate Testarossa
Space Opera
imbehindyou
Time traveler
Time traveler
Worships: Rena
Wish: Becoming Pokemon Master.  Wishes for: Becoming teh Master Hater.  Wishes for: James' Victreebel & Mime Jr. Secret Identity: I am a robot. 

Post by imbehindyou » Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:10 am

Kugimin and Yukarin leading! So many characters.

Some of my favorite seiyuus are

Male Seiyuus
Suwabe Junichi - He has this sexy voice that makes me just.. melt melt melt! I really liked his role as Atobe Keigo in Tennis no Oujisama and also as Archer in F/SN. Well, I'm just in love with his voice so I basically like most of the characters he voiced. ;P
Ishida Akira - Sore wa himitsu desu! Ahh~ He probably voiced like 34209823049 characters but Xelloss is my favorite out of them.
Hoshi Soichiro - It's great that he can voice variety of characters. I still crack up every time I listen to Kira crying :lol:

And some other favorites are Ueda Yuuji, Kiuchi Hidenobu, and Kamiya Hiroshi. (and many more)

Female Seiyuus
Tanaka Rie - Rierierie! I just love her voice. Gentleness and calmness. Maria-san and Gin-sama are among my favorite female-girl-whatever characters.
Tamura Yukari - Another great seiyuu, the gap between loli voice (Nanoha, Mei, Rika, etc) and mature voice (Mai, Rika, etc) always surprises me.
Hayashibara Megumi - Mmmm all good good good! Lina, Rei, Haibara, Musashi, Faye, etc etc..

Some other favorites are Nakahara Mai and Horie Yui. (and many more)