Most hated characters

Discuss any anime in general, ISML or not. Please be mindful of spoilers and use spoiler tags!
User avatar
Kiwigiwi
[Apteryx mantelli]
[Apteryx mantelli]
Posts: 3406
Joined: Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:21 pm
Badges:
ImageImageImageImage
Worships: Death
Melon Pan: 81
Wish: hehehe......poggers....

Most hated characters

Post by Kiwigiwi » Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:42 pm

People don't usually like seeing people shit talk their favorites. I know I don't, especially when they post it on threads that are open to people who may or may not want to see such hate talks. Discussions like these have happened on Homura's "Your Dropped Anime List" thread, but nothing has ever really been dedicated to the shrine of most hated anime characters. So this here is for everyone to vent their frustrations on characters you absolutely despise.

--------------------------------------
Disclaimers: [Because this sort of thing is necessary now]
- This is a thread for people to vent their frustrations on ANIME characters they hate. In no way or form is this a thread for people to insult others, or any specific individuals for their taste. This is a hate thread for characters, not forum members. Real people have feelings; respect them. Just because someone dislike a character you like, does not make them an inherently bad person. You can't judge someone's personality by their dislike or taste. Any comments targeted at specific individuals that are hurtful or demeaning in any way will be reported to the mods.
- This thread is more likely than not going to spark a lot of arguments and discussion. And while I encourage insightful, intelligent and straight forward expression of opinions, please know your limits. If things get too personal, stop the discussion. Again, this is not meant for people to make enemies. It's an outlet for people to express frustrations with characters and / or find others who have the same common hate for a certain character.
- Anime / manga / video games are all an art form and may even be considered a form of literature. It's absolutely okay for people to feel emotionally attached to literature. Telling someone not to dislike something just because it isn't real is telling them not to get invested in stories and characters. Stories invoke feelings. If it's wrong to dislike anime characters, then it's wrong to feel happy watching a comedic show or feel sad during a feelsy movie like titanic.
- Your opinions are not universal facts. Don't force them on others.
--------------------------------------

As always, please keep spoilers hidden, preferably tagging them with whatever character you're ranting about.
Fuijiwara wrote: Yes. She is part of the three hated girls in ISML RS. The others being Yoshino and Ayase
Holy crap. I've never seen anyone who has ever hated Yoshino. I don't really care for her though, but I'm curious about your reasoning for disliking them. No explanation needed for Ayase though. I don't dislike her, but I can understand why some people dislike her.
Last edited by Momo on Wed Oct 21, 2015 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged some posts into thread for relevance nyaa~

♡ Secret Santa Daisuki ♡
SecretsShow
Image
Image
Image
Image
♫ Much love to my secret santa of 2016 ♥
User avatar
Fuijiwara
[Ebb and Flow]
[Ebb and Flow]
Posts: 4242
Joined: Sat Dec 14, 2013 3:39 pm
Badges:
ImageImageImage
Worships: Fuijiwara no Mokou
Melon Pan: 2
Wish: Happiness~~

Re: Game: ISML Postseason, The Different Story

Post by Fuijiwara » Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:49 pm

Reasons why I hate Yoshino

1. She's useless- Honestly, while in S1 she was semi-useful, S2 just made her a filler character that had no role in it at all which pissed me off about her.

2.I dislike her pictures- Her looks look sub par to me and I have honestly never found a Yoshino picture that I honestly liked.

3. Without Yoshinon, she's essentially nothing- That really takes the cake for me. I mean, without Yoshinon to make them a pair, she's really is just a typical young girl with supposedly ice powers.

4. The Anime- Date A Live is shit. That I admit and is one of the reasons why I don't really like Yoshino at all. if the anime was somewhat good, at least I would have motivation to not completely dislike her but as it stands....yea...
Image
2015 SilversShow
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Kiwigiwi
[Apteryx mantelli]
[Apteryx mantelli]
Posts: 3406
Joined: Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:21 pm
Badges:
ImageImageImageImage
Worships: Death
Melon Pan: 81
Wish: hehehe......poggers....

Re: Game: ISML Postseason, The Different Story

Post by Kiwigiwi » Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:51 pm

^ Ahh I see. I don't entirely agree with everything but I do understand your point of view now! Thank you for explaining ^^

♡ Secret Santa Daisuki ♡
SecretsShow
Image
Image
Image
Image
♫ Much love to my secret santa of 2016 ♥
User avatar
Toady
[School Idol Producer]
[School Idol Producer]
Posts: 1933
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:53 pm
Badges:
Image
Worships: Tsuruya-san
Melon Pan: 50
2020 Female Favorite: Nagato Yuki
2020 Male Favorite: Ishigami Yū
2019 Female Favorite: Nakano Azusa
2019 Male Favorite: Kyon
2018 Female Favorite: Rem
2018 Male Favorite: Roy Mustang
Wish: A wedding for Nico & Maki
Location: Switzerland

Re: Game: ISML Postseason, The Different Story

Post by Toady » Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:56 pm

Fuijiwara wrote:Reasons why I hate Yoshino

1. She's useless- Honestly, while in S1 she was semi-useful, S2 just made her a filler character that had no role in it at all which pissed me off about her.

2.I dislike her pictures- Her looks look sub par to me and I have honestly never found a Yoshino picture that I honestly liked.

3. Without Yoshinon, she's essentially nothing- That really takes the cake for me. I mean, without Yoshinon to make them a pair, she's really is just a typical young girl with supposedly ice powers.

4. The Anime- Date A Live is shit. That I admit and is one of the reasons why I don't really like Yoshino at all. if the anime was somewhat good, at least I would have motivation to not completely dislike her but as it stands....yea...
I didn't watch season 2, because of reason 4. I found her cute, but that's it, nothing seems so special about her. I don't hate her though.
I hate Touka though.
Image
Much stuff (but Chibaka has more)Show
Image
#Drunkard4Ever #ThanksKiwi
Image
Image
My Secret Santa is awesome :3

Image
Hikarin <3
Image
Thank you Secret Santa 2016 :3
User avatar
Kiwigiwi
[Apteryx mantelli]
[Apteryx mantelli]
Posts: 3406
Joined: Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:21 pm
Badges:
ImageImageImageImage
Worships: Death
Melon Pan: 81
Wish: hehehe......poggers....

Re: Game: ISML Postseason, The Different Story

Post by Kiwigiwi » Wed Oct 21, 2015 4:00 pm

I don't know if there is a "most hated anime character" thread yet. I only know there is a "most hated anime couples" thread. If there isn't, someone should totally make one and we can rant , debate or argue about characters we hate.

Just to you know, not clog up Chibasa's thread with something unrelated.

♡ Secret Santa Daisuki ♡
SecretsShow
Image
Image
Image
Image
♫ Much love to my secret santa of 2016 ♥
User avatar
WoodyMC
[3,14% Pasta]
[3,14% Pasta]
Posts: 1679
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:47 pm
Badges:
ImageImage
Worships: Magolor Day
Melon Pan: 376
2020 Female Favorite: Shokuhō Misaki
2020 Male Favorite: Ray
2019 Female Favorite: Rachel Gardner
2019 Male Favorite: Saiki Kusuo
2018 Female Favorite: Nagato Yuki
2018 Male Favorite: Reg
Wish: Gem Apple to Dominate the Universe
Location: Tanuki Hotpot

Re: Game: ISML Postseason, The Different Story

Post by WoodyMC » Wed Oct 21, 2015 4:01 pm

Fuijiwara wrote:Reasons why I hate Yoshino

1. She's useless- Honestly, while in S1 she was semi-useful, S2 just made her a filler character that had no role in it at all which pissed me off about her.

2.I dislike her pictures- Her looks look sub par to me and I have honestly never found a Yoshino picture that I honestly liked.

3. Without Yoshinon, she's essentially nothing- That really takes the cake for me. I mean, without Yoshinon to make them a pair, she's really is just a typical young girl with supposedly ice powers.

4. The Anime- Date A Live is shit. That I admit and is one of the reasons why I don't really like Yoshino at all. if the anime was somewhat good, at least I would have motivation to not completely dislike her but as it stands....yea...
She's useless in S2 because the S2 is MEH. They just decide to completely abandon her like that. That's why i just pretend S2 never exist in the first place and keep ranking her high ~~~
The funny thing is : I kinda dislike everyone in DAL except for Yoshino :lol:
Image
User avatar
Kiwigiwi
[Apteryx mantelli]
[Apteryx mantelli]
Posts: 3406
Joined: Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:21 pm
Badges:
ImageImageImageImage
Worships: Death
Melon Pan: 81
Wish: hehehe......poggers....

Re: Game: ISML Postseason, The Different Story

Post by Kiwigiwi » Wed Oct 21, 2015 4:10 pm

I made a thread for anyone who wants to rant here.
Otherwise, let's keep this thread clean while waiting for Chibasa to finalize semi-final game rules and start the next match.

♡ Secret Santa Daisuki ♡
SecretsShow
Image
Image
Image
Image
♫ Much love to my secret santa of 2016 ♥
User avatar
Toady
[School Idol Producer]
[School Idol Producer]
Posts: 1933
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:53 pm
Badges:
Image
Worships: Tsuruya-san
Melon Pan: 50
2020 Female Favorite: Nagato Yuki
2020 Male Favorite: Ishigami Yū
2019 Female Favorite: Nakano Azusa
2019 Male Favorite: Kyon
2018 Female Favorite: Rem
2018 Male Favorite: Roy Mustang
Wish: A wedding for Nico & Maki
Location: Switzerland

Re: Most hated characters

Post by Toady » Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:17 pm

There are not a lot of characters I hate. I don't care or dislike a lot, but for me to hate a character, I need two conditions:

1. The show is bad.
2. I find the character annoying. For some reason.

Reason 1 is not enough. Even in Infinite Stratos, I like Charlotte; and even in Date A Live, I suppose Kurumi is a decent character. I don't really remember, but I'm not sure there is a decent character in Kämpfer though.
Reason 2 is not enough either. I love Suzumiya Haruhi as a series, it's wonderful. Yuki, Tsuruya, Haruhi and Kyon are really awesome characters. On the other hand, I would generally find the personnality of Mikuru quite annoying. But this anime is good, so 'annoying' becomes 'clumsy and cute' and I kinda like Mikuru =) I can also find similar examples in my other favorite shows.
Image
Much stuff (but Chibaka has more)Show
Image
#Drunkard4Ever #ThanksKiwi
Image
Image
My Secret Santa is awesome :3

Image
Hikarin <3
Image
Thank you Secret Santa 2016 :3
User avatar
CureRainbow
State alchemist
State alchemist
Posts: 1897
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:49 pm
Badges:
Image
Worships: Magical girls
Melon Pan: 50
Wish: everyone to be ultra happy!
Location: Your dreams

Re: Most hated characters

Post by CureRainbow » Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:23 pm

There actually is a hated character thread - but it's in General Chat instead for some reason: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=2379&hilit=Kyubey" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Heh, I remember when I used to not hate characters. Then the more anime I watched, the more characters I started to dislike. Fun.
Come to think of it, I noticed that I tend to not prefer the overrated characters. Not that I hate them, but I just happen to prefer the more underrated characters instead. Inaba/Iori and Kanade/Yuri come to mind I don't recall any moments where the fans of an overrated character made me dislike the character(thank god), but they did lower my love for them if I had any. Usually I hate characters based on their personality or obsessions anyways. Shitba Miyuki, Kazami Kazuki, and Kasugano Sora, anyone? Come to think of it, I see a pattern here...
Image
Many thanks to Hikarin for making the amazing Akari~n sig!~
User avatar
Kiwigiwi
[Apteryx mantelli]
[Apteryx mantelli]
Posts: 3406
Joined: Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:21 pm
Badges:
ImageImageImageImage
Worships: Death
Melon Pan: 81
Wish: hehehe......poggers....

Re: Most hated characters

Post by Kiwigiwi » Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:29 pm

CureRainbow wrote:There actually is a hated character thread - but it's in General Chat instead for some reason: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=2379&hilit=Kyubey" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Heh, I remember when I used to not hate characters. Then the more anime I watched, the more characters I started to dislike. Fun.
Come to think of it, I noticed that I tend to not prefer the overrated characters. Not that I hate them, but I just happen to prefer the more underrated characters instead. Inaba/Iori and Kanade/Yuri come to mind I don't recall any moments where the fans of an overrated character made me dislike the character(thank god), but they did lower my love for them if I had any. Usually I hate characters based on their personality or obsessions anyways. Shitba Miyuki, Kazami Kazuki, and Kasugano Sora, anyone? Come to think of it, I see a pattern here...
Ahhh shit. I'm sorry. I still hope people can use this thread to voice frustrations though!

And I agree, I tend to dislike over-hyped characters..And it tends to actually make me like characters from that same series who are less popular. The only exception I can think of is Sakura Chiyo, but I find it next to impossible for anyone to find a reason to dislike her as a person.

To make this post relevant though, I hate characters who are mary sues. They are my biggest pet peeve ever. Common example is Shitba Miyuki, as people like to nickname her that. Asuna is also another great example of a mary sue, but I've yet to see someone here other than me who actually thinks that.

@Toady:
While I agree that a bad anime would affect someone's perception of the characters inside.. I tend to feel that the characters are the thing that makes or breaks an anime. Therefore, if I hate every single character in that anime, it's shit to me. However, it's still possible for someone to like close to all the characters, but still think the anime is bad. Generally, my view on a certain character wouldn't change no matter how good or bad I view the anime.
An example is Hiyori from Noragami. I hate her with every fiber of my being, but her existence doesn't hamper my love for the anime. On the other side of things, I think Mikagura Gakuen is a terrible anime, with nothing about the plot, animation OR music to save it, but I absolutely adore Otone.

♡ Secret Santa Daisuki ♡
SecretsShow
Image
Image
Image
Image
♫ Much love to my secret santa of 2016 ♥
User avatar
Toady
[School Idol Producer]
[School Idol Producer]
Posts: 1933
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:53 pm
Badges:
Image
Worships: Tsuruya-san
Melon Pan: 50
2020 Female Favorite: Nagato Yuki
2020 Male Favorite: Ishigami Yū
2019 Female Favorite: Nakano Azusa
2019 Male Favorite: Kyon
2018 Female Favorite: Rem
2018 Male Favorite: Roy Mustang
Wish: A wedding for Nico & Maki
Location: Switzerland

Re: Most hated characters

Post by Toady » Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:40 pm

Kurogarasu wrote:Asuna is also another great example of a mary sue, but I've yet to see someone here other than me who actually thinks that.
Huh, it seems quite obvious to me that Asuna is a mary sue... And Kirito a gary stu by the way. I mean, they're among the best mary sues I know, but it's still very obvious that they are too perfect.
Another similar pairing is Sora and Shiro. But the difference is that NGNL is not a serious anime like SAO, so even if they are mary sues, I don't care, because this is just an ingredient to make the show funnier to watch.

But I don't hate any of them ^^'
Image
Much stuff (but Chibaka has more)Show
Image
#Drunkard4Ever #ThanksKiwi
Image
Image
My Secret Santa is awesome :3

Image
Hikarin <3
Image
Thank you Secret Santa 2016 :3
User avatar
Kiwigiwi
[Apteryx mantelli]
[Apteryx mantelli]
Posts: 3406
Joined: Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:21 pm
Badges:
ImageImageImageImage
Worships: Death
Melon Pan: 81
Wish: hehehe......poggers....

Re: Most hated characters

Post by Kiwigiwi » Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:48 pm

^ You'd be surprised with how many people legitimately think that Asuna isn't a mary sue, or otherwise.. a good character.
Asuna and Kirito mini rantShow
Her personality is as flimsy as a noodle strand. She can turn from badass, independent woman who needs no man to a cute, dependable waifu who loves her Kirito so much, to a tsundere, to...yeah. Name every trope, and Asuna more than likely has displayed some characteristics of being that.
Also oh my god. Kirito hacking the game not once but twice with no explanation I can't even ffffffffffffffffffffffffffff-
As for NGNL:
SpoilerShow
I get that it's not meant to be taken seriously. But Sora and Shiro in themselves are not MEANT to be a mary sue and gary stu, at least not to me. I say this because the writer clearly TRIED to give Shiro a flaw in which she is highly dependent on her brother. But when that flaw is not something that should be developed from, but rather a moe point.. there's a huge problem.

♡ Secret Santa Daisuki ♡
SecretsShow
Image
Image
Image
Image
♫ Much love to my secret santa of 2016 ♥
User avatar
Fuijiwara
[Ebb and Flow]
[Ebb and Flow]
Posts: 4242
Joined: Sat Dec 14, 2013 3:39 pm
Badges:
ImageImageImage
Worships: Fuijiwara no Mokou
Melon Pan: 2
Wish: Happiness~~

Re: Most hated characters

Post by Fuijiwara » Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:50 pm

Oh yea, Shiba Miyupi. ... may she die separated from her Onii - Sama forever
Image
2015 SilversShow
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
WoodyMC
[3,14% Pasta]
[3,14% Pasta]
Posts: 1679
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:47 pm
Badges:
ImageImage
Worships: Magolor Day
Melon Pan: 376
2020 Female Favorite: Shokuhō Misaki
2020 Male Favorite: Ray
2019 Female Favorite: Rachel Gardner
2019 Male Favorite: Saiki Kusuo
2018 Female Favorite: Nagato Yuki
2018 Male Favorite: Reg
Wish: Gem Apple to Dominate the Universe
Location: Tanuki Hotpot

Re: Most hated characters

Post by WoodyMC » Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:55 pm

Fuijiwara wrote:Oh yea, Shiba Miyupi. ... may she die separated from her Onii - Sama forever
May she die in Fuijiwara's arm instead :P *run*
Image
User avatar
Chocola
Hikarin's Kitty
Hikarin's Kitty
Posts: 7462
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:31 am
Badges:
Worships: Kousaka Reina
Melon Pan: 50
Wish: Hikachu to not hate me

Re: Most hated characters

Post by Chocola » Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:55 pm

Kurogarasu wrote:- This is a thread for people to vent their frustrations on ANIME characters they hate. In no way or form is this a thread for people to insult others, or any specific individuals for their taste.
SHIT TASTE EVERYONE

jk

I hate quiet characters in general.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
MAL Ratings, ISML Discord, Saimoe Blog, Saimoe Wiki
A tall, towering wall looms in front of me. Beyond that is something that I could never to see on my own.
And that is...the view from the top.
User avatar
Kiwigiwi
[Apteryx mantelli]
[Apteryx mantelli]
Posts: 3406
Joined: Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:21 pm
Badges:
ImageImageImageImage
Worships: Death
Melon Pan: 81
Wish: hehehe......poggers....

Re: Most hated characters

Post by Kiwigiwi » Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:03 pm

Tsumikitty wrote:
Kurogarasu wrote:- This is a thread for people to vent their frustrations on ANIME characters they hate. In no way or form is this a thread for people to insult others, or any specific individuals for their taste.
SHIT TASTE EVERYONE

jk

I hate quiet characters in general.
Oof- That's a first- Also, stahp hurting my feelings Kholdy = (

♡ Secret Santa Daisuki ♡
SecretsShow
Image
Image
Image
Image
♫ Much love to my secret santa of 2016 ♥
User avatar
Bastion
Titan
Titan
Posts: 5614
Joined: Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:58 am
Badges:
Image
Melon Pan: 50
Wish: People who actually want to do their jobs.
Location: existing
Contact:

Re: Most hated characters

Post by Bastion » Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:31 pm

Kurogarasu wrote:^ You'd be surprised with how many people legitimately think that Asuna isn't a mary sue, or otherwise.. a good character.
Asuna and Kirito mini rantShow
Her personality is as flimsy as a noodle strand. She can turn from badass, independent woman who needs no man to a cute, dependable waifu who loves her Kirito so much, to a tsundere, to...yeah. Name every trope, and Asuna more than likely has displayed some characteristics of being that.
Actually, read Asuna's part in the manga and quite a bit of the complaints about her are explained. She's one Mary Sue who actually has the background to support her actions.
User avatar
Kiwigiwi
[Apteryx mantelli]
[Apteryx mantelli]
Posts: 3406
Joined: Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:21 pm
Badges:
ImageImageImageImage
Worships: Death
Melon Pan: 81
Wish: hehehe......poggers....

Re: Most hated characters

Post by Kiwigiwi » Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:41 pm

Mary sues are characters who are overly perfect, to the point that it's unrealistic or annoying. Even if the back stories of a character don't contain angst or is edgy, trying to justify how a character is so perfect, they have no faults, is in itself a trait of Mary sues. Nobody is perfect. Nothing in this world can properly explain the lack of faults in a character. Even if her actions are justified, that does not give her a free pass to be a perfect being with no flaws

♡ Secret Santa Daisuki ♡
SecretsShow
Image
Image
Image
Image
♫ Much love to my secret santa of 2016 ♥
User avatar
HasbeenaHibiki
Moon princess
Moon princess
Posts: 3026
Joined: Wed May 25, 2011 5:37 pm
Badges:
Image
Worships: セニョール・ハズビーナ, ダークライ,クン・アゲロ・アグネス
Melon Pan: 201
2020 Female Favorite: Nakano Miku
2020 Male Favorite: Kakyoin Noriaki
2019 Female Favorite: Platelet
2019 Male Favorite: Bakugō Katsuki
2018 Female Favorite: Kurumizawa Satanichia McDowell
2018 Male Favorite: Bakugō Katsuki
Wish: A precure making it in ISML and a very popular male Saimoe. Also a Mucha Lucha anime. Darkrai in Saimoe

Re: Most hated characters

Post by HasbeenaHibiki » Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:00 pm

Gasai Yuno- I felt like she was a very poorly written yandere.
Image
User avatar
Lurke_Skylurker
Meganekko
Meganekko
Posts: 168
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2015 6:30 am
Melon Pan: 50

Re: Most hated characters

Post by Lurke_Skylurker » Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:29 pm

Though not necessarily hate, just dislike because I still find her cute sometimes. Kosaki Onodera. I'm sorry guys

Every chapter involving her and Raku alone is just... frustrating. All they do is blush, stutter, "I'm sorry", "He/She might not like me" thoughts when you know they like each other, etc. Their interactions frustrate me. Well, it's Raku's fault too, so...
Post Reply