Seitokai no Ichizon

Discuss any anime in general, ISML or not. Please be mindful of spoilers and use spoiler tags!
Crisu
Wan Wan Wan
Wan Wan Wan
Badges:
ImageImage
Worships: Kinomoto Sakura
Melon Pan: 50
Wish: Fluency in Japanese

Seitokai no Ichizon

Post by Crisu » Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:44 am

Reading a synopsis would make it sound slow and boring, but the anime has managed to be pretty funny -- in my opinion at least.

I enjoy fourth-wall-breaking jokes. And Ken's harem obsession has been kept in check (from being too annoying).

Kurimu is a cutie -- reminds me of Akane-iro characters because of her hair.

But is Mafuyu the crowd favorite?
Mushi wrote:Seitokai no Ichizon. Anime that makes fun of anime with a few tender, serious moments thrown in to make it heartwarming. I'm loving it! Awesome girls and full of lolz.

ImageImage
Signature by Hikari-chan
hinakatbklyn
Incubator
Incubator
Melon Pan: 55

Re: Seitokai no Ichizon

Post by hinakatbklyn » Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:34 am

I say everyone is getting an equal amount of fanbase (some more than others) in this series

Kurimu (total moeness) (#1 on my list)
Mafuyu (also moe but a gamer, that's different)
Chizuru (very sinister which makes things interesting)
Minatsu (tough as nails, athletic, hopeless romatic at times. Sounds similar to hinagiku) (#2 on my list)

Ken's harem is either hit or miss in terms of funny or annoying. It helps that the rest of the group is indirectly leading him on just like in the most recent episode (#7).
Elekari
Mahou shoujo
Mahou shoujo

Post by Elekari » Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:21 am

I like Kurimu and Mafuyu the best, mainly because there's always one scene of them that makes me go HHNNNNGGHH

Also, anyone see Episode 7, with Chizuru in that... cute suit thing?
No Signature Yet
Seishi
Familiar
Familiar
Worships: Takamachi Nanoha
Wish: The past to not weigh me down

Post by Seishi » Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:02 pm

The show started off with some pretty hilarious parody and gags, but the charm is starting to wear off. Still enjoyable, but probably not memorable.

Minatsu is the best. I would also argue Ken keeps Kurimu from being too annoying, rather than the girls keeping him in check.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
advance94
Dryad
Dryad
Worships: Alice Margatroid
Wish: Shana to finally WIN a major Saimoe tournament

Post by advance94 » Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:36 pm

This anime just started to pick up with me again with the last bit of episode of 11
advance94
Dryad
Dryad
Worships: Alice Margatroid
Wish: Shana to finally WIN a major Saimoe tournament

Post by advance94 » Fri Dec 25, 2009 3:49 am

NOOOOO! Seitokai no Ichizon has ended :(

I have to say one of the better animes of 2009 and I also think the ending was great too 8.5/10

I think Mafuyu and Minastu are the best
hinakatbklyn
Incubator
Incubator
Melon Pan: 55

Post by hinakatbklyn » Fri Dec 25, 2009 4:59 am

I wonder if they will ever come up with a parody that will be better than Seitokai no Ichizon. (that series would have to do better than a 9 of 10.) It almost looked like the series was trying for a Mafuyu ending for a minute there.

One thing's for sure, Mafuyu has picked up more fans in the last 2 episodes. But still, 1 episode of Minatsu was enough to pull me in.
Game8910
Thaumaturge
Thaumaturge
Worships: Nakagawa Kanon
Wish: Athena gets really popular in the future, also TWGOK S3

Post by Game8910 » Fri Dec 25, 2009 10:58 pm

you know what....Mafuyu is now going on my nominations
Kaito_Dash
Dojikko
Dojikko
Worships: Fate Testarossa

Post by Kaito_Dash » Sat Dec 26, 2009 8:58 pm

And you know what... I had a hard time choosing not to nominate Elise-chan.

By this ending, I believe Key-kun deserves the title "King of Harem" as he is the first(?) who aims for the Harem Ending from the start and eventually success in some meaning.

Good job, Man!
ImageImage
Corni
~Senior Member~
~Senior Member~
Badges:
Worships: Yoshino Sakura
Melon Pan: 15
2020 Female Favorite: Furuhashi Fumino
2020 Male Favorite: Hinata Shōyō
2019 Female Favorite: Hirasawa Yui
2019 Male Favorite: Rimuru Tempest
2018 Female Favorite: Tenma Gabriel White
2018 Male Favorite: Kanzaki Hideri
Wish: Wanna have daughters someday... Don't care blood or non blood... Maybe meet someone blonde and less than 140cm for marriage...

Post by Corni » Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:06 am

ha ha ha gotta love the anime... As no.1 fan of light novel i think the adaption is satisfied for me even some light novel reader quite mad with anime adaption...

Anyway character ranking poll from japan site:-

1. Shiina Mafuyu
2. Akaba Chizuru
3. Sakurano Kurimu
4. Shiina Minatsu

Dunno about other character lulz...
Current top ten list August 2020:-
1) Yoshino Sakura (Da Capo) 2) Nikaidou Shinku (Irotoridori no Sekai) 3) Kagamigawa Chloe (Memories Off 6) 4) Tamura Yuri (Watamote) 5) Tsuruta Himeko (Saki) 6) Hibiki (Kancolle) 7) Kujikawa Rise (Persona 4) 8) Sheila Helman (Rance series) 9) Furuhashi Fumino (Bokuben) 10) Adolf Retia (Daiteitoku)
SpoilerShow
Game8910
Thaumaturge
Thaumaturge
Worships: Nakagawa Kanon
Wish: Athena gets really popular in the future, also TWGOK S3

Post by Game8910 » Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:53 pm

mafuyu is teh force!!!
Kordosa
Soul gem
Soul gem
Worships: Moriya Suwako's hat
2019 Female Favorite: Sakurajima Mai
2019 Male Favorite: Eugeo
2018 Female Favorite: Yamada Elf
2018 Male Favorite: Willem Kmetsch
Wish: A third season of Spice and Wolf.

Post by Kordosa » Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:17 am

More Seitokai anime is on the way, according to ANN. Hopefully, this news will help boost the Seitokai girls' chances of making it into the tournament.
QuotesShow
Cirno wrote:*sinister laugh* Winning by only 47 votes is all part of my master plan. Now everyone will think I'm weak when, in fact, I'm the strongest. And then, when they least expect it, I'll strike back and take over the entire ISML. It's foolproof. Hahahaha, I'm such a genius!
Crisu wrote:And, of course, never merge an anti-cookie with a normal cookie. Serious consequence will occur.
shiraoky wrote:I'm always squeeing lol.
Metaler wrote:Seriously, if you're gonna do something badly, then don't bother doing it. It's like when you take a dump: you don't show it to other people specifically because it's shit!
Kordosa wrote:Protip: If a male high school student character is voiced by a female seiyuu, there is a 100% probability that that character will be forced to crossdress at some point.
akumaxx
Puella magi
Puella magi
Wish: An ISML without harmonics

Post by akumaxx » Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:56 am

@Kordosa:
Maybe we can start guessing when. This info is not confirmed on wikipedia.

There is even rumor of making this 18+. Also not confirmed.
== Low Activity ==
Current Soul: 269
Newest cards of Saimoe set: (Resized for signature use)
Previous cardsShow
maglor
~Fukou da~
~Fukou da~
Badges:
ImageImage
Worships: Abriel Nei Debrusc Borl Paryun Lafiel
Melon Pan: 75
2020 Female Favorite: Holo
2020 Male Favorite: Natsume Takashi
2019 Female Favorite: Akemi Homura
2019 Male Favorite: Arima Kōsei
2018 Female Favorite: Chtholly Nota Seniorious
2018 Male Favorite: Yang Wenli
Wish: More people being open to alternatives and compromises.

Post by maglor » Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:52 pm

akumaxx wrote:@Kordosa:
Maybe we can start guessing when. This info is not confirmed on wikipedia.

There is even rumor of making this 18+. Also not confirmed.
Never Confirm using wikipedia. Use wikipedia as an aid to find the legitimate source which you can use to confirm something. Wikipedia can be used to illustrate the trends in the subjects, but if you want to quote facts, do try to use something other than wikipedia.
Cassiopeia
Combat butler
Combat butler
Worships: Tennos "A-tan" Athena

Post by Cassiopeia » Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:30 pm

Use wikipedia as a secondary source, if you have any other official source. :P

Anyways, one thing is the Season 2 is not entirely confirmed yet. The magazine never confirmed TVA S2. It just says there is a plan for Setokai ichizon anime. Therefore, we cannot exclude the possibility of OVA or Movie. Movie doesn't make sense, so it will probably be S2 and OVA though. Considering the popularity of the light novel, Season 2 is definitely doable, so I am keeping my fingers crossed.

I also kinda doubt it will boost seitokai girls unless Season 2 starts this coming Summer. 2011 Fall will be too late to make the difference. Since the date of release has not been announced yet, I highly doubt it could air starting this Summer. :(
Last edited by Cassiopeia on Sat Mar 19, 2011 4:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image Credit to Awesome Hikarin <3 ISML2011 FINAL <3
Natsumi
Torch
Torch
Worships: Murakami Natsumi

Post by Natsumi » Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:09 am

A new "Seitokai no Ichizon" anime?! Awesome! The first one is still one of my favorites of all time<3 It was honestly hilarious, and I was so, so sad when it ended.

Mafuyu is so cute<333
Shana1707
Dojikko
Dojikko
Worships: A lot.. :)
Wish: for Shana to win the Tiara this Year

Post by Shana1707 » Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:01 pm

Kurimu and Mafuyu ~Kawaii~ thay are the most kawaii for me in the Seitokai no Ichizon..
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
SpoilerShow
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Kordosa
Soul gem
Soul gem
Worships: Moriya Suwako's hat
2019 Female Favorite: Sakurajima Mai
2019 Male Favorite: Eugeo
2018 Female Favorite: Yamada Elf
2018 Male Favorite: Willem Kmetsch
Wish: A third season of Spice and Wolf.

Post by Kordosa » Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:58 am

Cassiopeia wrote:Anyways, one thing is the Season 2 is not entirely confirmed yet. The magazine never confirmed TVA S2. It just says there is a plan for Setokai ichizon anime. Therefore, we cannot exclude the possibility of OVA or Movie. Movie doesn't make sense, so it will probably be S2 and OVA though. Considering the popularity of the light novel, Season 2 is definitely doable, so I am keeping my fingers crossed.

I also kinda doubt it will boost seitokai girls unless Season 2 starts this coming Summer. 2011 Fall will be too late to make the difference. Since the date of release has not been announced yet, I highly doubt it could air starting this Summer. :(
It's possible there may be an OAD in the works to support manga sells. As of late, I've noticed other properties going this route. Kiss x Sis, Ah! My Goddess, and Princess Resurrection come to mind. I, myself, also hope for a second TV season, despite the characters in the last episode saying there wouldn't be one.

And if whatever that's being worked on doesn't come out in time to help the girls this year, at least there'll likely be a chance that it will help them return next year.
QuotesShow
Cirno wrote:*sinister laugh* Winning by only 47 votes is all part of my master plan. Now everyone will think I'm weak when, in fact, I'm the strongest. And then, when they least expect it, I'll strike back and take over the entire ISML. It's foolproof. Hahahaha, I'm such a genius!
Crisu wrote:And, of course, never merge an anti-cookie with a normal cookie. Serious consequence will occur.
shiraoky wrote:I'm always squeeing lol.
Metaler wrote:Seriously, if you're gonna do something badly, then don't bother doing it. It's like when you take a dump: you don't show it to other people specifically because it's shit!
Kordosa wrote:Protip: If a male high school student character is voiced by a female seiyuu, there is a 100% probability that that character will be forced to crossdress at some point.
chaosprophet
Shinigami
Shinigami
Badges:
Worships: Evangeline McDowell
Wish: Future UQ Holder anime adaptation is done right.

Post by chaosprophet » Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:52 am

Kordosa wrote:
Cassiopeia wrote:Anyways, one thing is the Season 2 is not entirely confirmed yet. The magazine never confirmed TVA S2. It just says there is a plan for Setokai ichizon anime. Therefore, we cannot exclude the possibility of OVA or Movie. Movie doesn't make sense, so it will probably be S2 and OVA though. Considering the popularity of the light novel, Season 2 is definitely doable, so I am keeping my fingers crossed.

It's possible there may be an OAD in the works to support manga sells. As of late, I've noticed other properties going this route. Kiss x Sis, Ah! My Goddess, and Princess Resurrection come to mind. I, myself, also hope for a second TV season, despite the characters in the last episode saying there wouldn't be one.

And if whatever that's being worked on doesn't come out in time to help the girls this year, at least there'll likely be a chance that it will help them return next year.
The series that recently went that route are series where the original version is the manga, but Seitokai no Ichizon original is a light novel. Even though there is a manga for it, like the anime it's just another adaptation.
akumaxx
Puella magi
Puella magi
Wish: An ISML without harmonics

Post by akumaxx » Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:32 am

S2 sounds better for me.
New anime info confirmed at FujimiShobo.
It's labelled as S2 on Wikipedia, but not on site above.

I am out of time to play Seitokai DS.
== Low Activity ==
Current Soul: 269
Newest cards of Saimoe set: (Resized for signature use)
Previous cardsShow