Spring 2017 Anime - Reviews & Recommendations

Discuss any anime in general, ISML or not. Please be mindful of spoilers and use spoiler tags!
KettyTuckman
Kunoichi
Kunoichi
Badges:
Melon Pan: 50

Re: Spring 2017 Anime - Reviews & Recommendations

Post by KettyTuckman » Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:27 am

I just heard from a friend about 'Death Note'. I wonder if any of you has watched it?
Photographer at Petstreetmall
"We are your pet supplies expert"
Toady
[School Idol Producer]
[School Idol Producer]
Badges:
Worships: Tsuruya-san
Wish: A wedding for Nico & Maki

Post by Toady » Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:48 am

Yup, Death Note was very popular when I started watching anime and I believe it still is. Netflix is even doing a movie about it!
It's a very good show. The first half is excellent and the second half is... it's good!

I'd recommend the manga more than the anime, but it's a good adaptation, so feel free to choose any or both of them. If that's not enough, you can watch the 3 live-action movies and the 2 Japanese dramas. Yes, it's a very popular franchise.
Much stuff (but Chibaka has more)Show
#Drunkard4Ever #ThanksKiwi
My Secret Santa is awesome :3

Hikarin <3
Thank you Secret Santa 2016 :3
KettyTuckman
Kunoichi
Kunoichi
Badges:

Post by KettyTuckman » Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:10 am

Toady wrote:Yup, Death Note was very popular when I started watching anime and I believe it still is. Netflix is even doing a movie about it!
It's a very good show. The first half is excellent and the second half is... it's good!

I'd recommend the manga more than the anime, but it's a good adaptation, so feel free to choose any or both of them. If that's not enough, you can watch the 3 live-action movies and the 2 Japanese dramas. Yes, it's a very popular franchise.
Oh, I I see. That's good then. I'll take your word for it. :bigsmile: I'm excited about the movie. I wonder when they will release it...
Photographer at Petstreetmall
"We are your pet supplies expert"
Vanilla
Kholdy's Pet
Kholdy's Pet
Badges:
ImageImage
Worships: Suigintou Neko Ver.
Melon Pan: 105
Wish: To become a catgirl!-
and be together with another catgirl nya~

Post by Vanilla » Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:10 pm

KettyTuckman wrote:
Toady wrote:Yup, Death Note was very popular when I started watching anime and I believe it still is. Netflix is even doing a movie about it!

Oh, I I see. That's good then. I'll take your word for it. :bigsmile: I'm excited about the movie. I wonder when they will release it...
This is from Netflix Denmark:
SpoilerShow
ImageImage
Nyaaaaaaa~ Thank you so much for this signature Hikari~nyaaann
Kiwigiwi
[Apteryx mantelli]
[Apteryx mantelli]
Badges:
ImageImageImageImage
Worships: Alphinaud's carbuncle
Melon Pan: 81
2018 Female Favorite: Akemi Homura
2018 Male Favorite: Kūjō Jōtarō
Wish: Cancel Zenos

Post by Kiwigiwi » Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:01 am

Seikaisuru Kado EP 9Show
Thanks Tsukai for ruining everything.
I swear if this goes from a perfectly good sci-fi series into a power battle between zashunina and Tsukai i'm gonna flip my shit. She was enough of an annoyance already and now she's apparently a goddess.

Why are the writers doing this to me
Re:Creators EP 10Show
After being given the worst episode of Re:Creators (episode 9), we're quickly followed by the best so far. Sota is a little more tolerable now.
Yuya is the best as always. It would seem Magane managed to steal his ultimate power away from him. That's kind of worrying since now he has nothing to fight against her (likely why he returned to the group wounded). Hopefully they don't kill him off that soon because he's my favorite next to Meteora so far. Can't wait for the next episode.

♡ Secret Santa Daisuki ♡
SecretsShow
♫ Much love to my secret santa of 2016 ♥
smartboyhw
[Future Overlord]
[Future Overlord]
Badges:
ImageImage
Worships: Isshiki Iroha
Melon Pan: 0
2018 Female Favorite: Isshiki Iroha
2018 Male Favorite: Killua Zoldyck
Wish: Shichimiya Satone, Aoyama Nanami and Nakano Azusa to win an ISML prize, Inaba Himeko to win BGC and live in Sakura-sō

Post by smartboyhw » Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:40 am

Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata ♭ (END)Show
Well first of all, congratulations to Utaha for not having her stealing Tomoya's virgin kiss cut. This proves why this season is White Album 3. runs

LN author Fumiaki Maruto once stated that this is "a season for Megumi", which kinda makes sense. Episode 8 and the revised Part A of Episode 11 (which went on the date in Vol. 8 instead of Vol. 7) kind of ensured that there are more "intimate" moments between Megumi and Tomoya thanks to the main plot on Utaha and Eriri (which is expected considering the relevant volumes the season has to adapt).

Still, the revelation that Megumi and Eriri somehow reconciled does render a Season 3 very unlikely, which makes Megumi fans unsatisfied, Eriri fans on despair (Virgin kiss? Stolen by Utaha. True waifu for Tomoya? Well read the LN to find out yourself, especially since GS3 came out before this episode was aired. Childhood friend? Tomoya has Michiru. Drawing skills? Tomoya can have Izumi has alternative), and Michiru fans (like me) on complete agony on how she was treated at the end of the finale (well, at least she got screentime).

I think Reverend made a point on how this supposedly looks like Eriri victory around Ep. 8. Well, I might consider this an Utaha victory somewhat.

A much more robust season to watch than S1 if anything. 9/10 for the rather well-written script and Megumi character songs (if anything, ETERNAL ♭ is a great song). The 1 mark is deducted mostly for the disapperance of Michiru mostly throughout the season.
ImageImage

Let me teach you something: We humans... Even for 10 minutes... We cannot even wait that long! - Nakamura Yuri, Angel Beats!
Chibasa
[You can (not) Zura]
[You can (not) Zura]
Badges:
ImageImage
Worships: Yamada Naoko
Melon Pan: 120
2019 Female Favorite: Sakurajima Mai
2019 Male Favorite: Araragi Koyomi
2018 Female Favorite: Nishimiya Shōko
2018 Male Favorite: Kyon
Wish: Creating the best card game

Post by Chibasa » Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:43 am

SpoilerShow
Season 3 very unlikely
the disapperance of Michiru
Is that a 2h40 sequel movie incoming !?
ImageImage
Secret Santax Time
much more stuff than ToadyShow
ImageImageImageImageImage
Hikarin is the best
smartboyhw
[Future Overlord]
[Future Overlord]
Badges:
ImageImage
Wish: Shichimiya Satone, Aoyama Nanami and Nakano Azusa to win an ISML prize, Inaba Himeko to win BGC and live in Sakura-sō

Post by smartboyhw » Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:37 am

Chibasa wrote:
SpoilerShow
Season 3 very unlikely
the disapperance of Michiru
Is that a 2h40 sequel movie incoming !?
WTF
SpoilerShow
Well... The only hint that there might be a Season 3 did come from Michiru...
ImageImage

Let me teach you something: We humans... Even for 10 minutes... We cannot even wait that long! - Nakamura Yuri, Angel Beats!
smartboyhw
[Future Overlord]
[Future Overlord]
Badges:
ImageImage

Post by smartboyhw » Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:54 pm

Eromanga Sensei (END)Show
I saw a YouTube video before where an anime reviewer conned Eromanga Sensei "trash that transcends trash". I was originally against that, but after the last episode... I started to get where that came from.

Eromanga Sensei is an epic failure in both BGM (almost always completely wrong music) and plot on a macro scale (the weirdest ending, spent too much time on the harem with unnatural insertions of Sagiri). Heck, if not Sagiri is OK and Elf is good stuff, this anime will get a 3/10. 4.5/10 for at least making me laugh, good animation and Sagiri/Elf.
ImageImage

Toady
[School Idol Producer]
[School Idol Producer]
Badges:
Worships: Tsuruya-san
Wish: A wedding for Nico & Maki

Post by Toady » Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:30 pm

I don't know how I feel about Eromanga-sensei.
I mean, it's obviously not a good anime. Objectively, the story is shit and is only used to make a harem of little girls, much better at their jobs than any adult around (oh wait, there is basically NO adult around...)
But somehow, it's enjoyable. I want to see the next episode because Elf is really cute and I want to see Sagiri's expression when she's embarrassed.
I guess it was good shit.

Second season of Shingeki no Kyojin was well directed. Even though I knew the story thanks to the manga, the cliffhangers at the end of most episodes were interesting even for me! Also, more Christa is always welcome! :love: And Season 3 is not in five years, so that's also something to look forward to~
Much stuff (but Chibaka has more)Show
#Drunkard4Ever #ThanksKiwi
My Secret Santa is awesome :3

Hikarin <3
Thank you Secret Santa 2016 :3
tehyc
[Death by Embracing]
[Death by Embracing]
Badges:
ImageImageImageImageImage
Melon Pan: 36
Wish: Stay alive

Post by tehyc » Sun Jul 02, 2017 5:03 pm

Friendly reminder~~
Summer 2017 and Spring 2017 anime leftover's reviews/recommendations/anything-related should be posted here.

If you done a Winter 2016/17 series after this, you can post your reviews/recommendations/anything-related at Your Catchup Bucket.

This thread will down from sticky.
Thanks~~
ImageImage