superunature
Intelligent device
Intelligent device
Worships: Akiba
Melon Pan: 50
Wish: Rabu touch!

Necklace winner

Post by superunature » Mon May 31, 2010 6:02 pm

I strongly believe there should be a bonus round after end of each periods consisting of only people tied-1st place of the period to see who should get the necklace of that round. Since 2-4 of the very popular character goes undefeated each round. it is unfair to base the winner off SDOS since they all have 100% win, but winning the necklace is like a lottery. some, like hinagiku, have no chance at the necklace despite winning every round this season thus far. Also I believe a specified- anime poll for each of the represented anime would be great addition to the site. Thats just my opinion, anyone agree?
hinakatbklyn
Incubator
Incubator
Melon Pan: 55

Re: Necklace winner

Post by hinakatbklyn » Mon May 31, 2010 10:58 pm

Take into account vote differential and it would come down to Mio or Shana (even if anyone else faced a character from Saki). If the top 5 Mio, Shana, Hina, Yuki, Mikoto were unbeaten and faced each other in a bonus round, Mio would win 8 out of 10 times with the exceptions being Shana and maybe Hina. Anyone else finished unbeaten would not have a chance (not even Azusa). Not everyone is going to have the same SDO each period which would make it fair. The problem I see with SDO is having a character miss out on a necklace because they had to rely on another match.

Example against SDO: Mikoto was the leader in the final round, the results of another match gave Mio Aquamarine
Example Against SDO: Hina vs. Mikoto. I thought the winner should get the necklace. Hina won but Taiga snuck past and took Topaz
Example for SDO: Yuki vs. Saber. No matches interferred this time. Winner takes Amethyst.
Team Rocket Elite
Moon princess
Moon princess
Badges:
Worships: Bernkastel
Melon Pan: 50
Wish: dried plums to go with the tea.

Re: Necklace winner

Post by Team Rocket Elite » Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:28 am

superunature wrote:I strongly believe there should be a bonus round after end of each periods consisting of only people tied-1st place of the period to see who should get the necklace of that round. Since 2-4 of the very popular character goes undefeated each round. it is unfair to base the winner off SDOS since they all have 100% win, but winning the necklace is like a lottery. some, like hinagiku, have no chance at the necklace despite winning every round this season thus far. Also I believe a specified- anime poll for each of the represented anime would be great addition to the site. Thats just my opinion, anyone agree?
If it was determine by bonus matches, everyone except Hinagiku, Shana and Mio would have no chance at all to win a necklace. Hinagiku had a chance to win the Topaz necklace under the current SDO system. She had a chance at beating Shana and Mio in Aquamarine and Topaz but she's outclassed now. That means Hinagiku's chance of winning a necklace wouldn't be much better than they are now. The SDO system lets less popular character have a chance at winning a necklace if they get lucky. Yuki and Taiga have won one this year and they would have no chance at all if they needed to beat Shana to win a necklace.
A miracle that you believe in when you know it won't happen......... is hope.