For topics that last throughout the whole season
ithekro
Strike witch
Strike witch
Badges:
Melon Pan: 50

Re: Unofficial World Saimoe Champion

Post by ithekro » Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:25 am

So Hinagiku's belt is up again as she faces Nagato Yuki. One of a very few that might be able to take the belt from her...at least until Saimoe and Best Moe...if Hina is avalible for those contests.
Space Opera
maglor
~Fukou da~
~Fukou da~
Badges:
ImageImage
Worships: Abriel Nei Debrusc Borl Paryun Lafiel
Melon Pan: 75
2019 Female Favorite: Akemi Homura
2019 Male Favorite: Arima Kōsei
2018 Female Favorite: Chtholly Nota Seniorious
2018 Male Favorite: Yang Wenli
2017 Female Favorite: Tomori Nao
2017 Male Favorite: Yang Wenli
Wish: More people being open to alternatives and compromises.

Post by maglor » Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:13 pm

ithekro wrote:So Hinagiku's belt is up again as she faces Nagato Yuki. One of a very few that might be able to take the belt from her...at least until Saimoe and Best Moe...if Hina is avalible for those contests.
Hinagiku won't be available for Best Moe if the current rule modification is passed. If you want Hina in Best Moe Tournament, please write to the administrator, politely asking for repeal of the '3 year rule'. The email address he has made public is

[email protected] <[email protected]>

There are many things in debate.

More specifically, according to following post

http://anizone.net/?document_srl=1754861" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The rule that prevents Hinagiku from appearing is

Any series that has made 3 or more appearance in Previous Best Moe tournaments ( ex: Hayate no Gotoku appeared in 2007, 08, and 09 Best Moe Tournament ) will not be allowed further participation, in interest of fostering diversity.

The 2 character of interest that won't be allowed in for Best Moe 2010 because of this rule would be Shana and Katsura Hinagiku. So, although you can write a treatise about why that rule needs to be changed and such, even a simple email saying

"Please let Shana and/or Katsura Hinagiku participate in Best Moe Tournament 2010"

might suffice, if enough of you write such an email. I guess I am endangering my position within Best Moe staff by posting this, but I think it is time that people should make a statement about the rule
ithekro
Strike witch
Strike witch
Badges:

Post by ithekro » Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:49 am

The Unofficial Title hac changed hands...though at present it still will not be avalible for Best Moe...since it is now in possession of Shana (again).

Hinagiku has head the title belt since October 22, 2009, and held it for a period of 20 days prior to losing it to Shana last year only to win it back from Shana while also setting up to take the Tiara for 2009. Now on July 19, 2010, Hinagiku loses the belt once more...to Shana.

(Notation related to Saimoe...due to the changes, there will not be any one on one matches until the Final 8.)
Space Opera
amdrag
Cherry blossom
Cherry blossom
Wish: a lack of zetsuboushita.

Post by amdrag » Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:44 pm

The question is, who are the members of the Anime Nexus that cost Hinagiku the title? And who ended up getting choked with a tie?
Stocking's gonna need to see your f*****' hands at the concert.
kevo
Osananajimi
Osananajimi

Post by kevo » Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:03 pm

Hey guys, I'm back :P

I reformatted the list a little bit (and completely updated it) and I made some slight rule changes (concerning ties and other stuff). Can't wait for Shana's next match! *dokidoki*
ithekro wrote:(Notation related to Saimoe...due to the changes, there will not be any one on one matches until the Final 8.)
Yes, Saimoe Japan group matches (with 3 or more people) do count in UWSC. The runner-up in votes is considered the "loser" if the champion wins. See the rules for more info. In KBM, however, only 1v1 matches count. (because I said so :P)
RatedRKO619305
Assassin
Assassin
Worships: ANY ANIME GIRL!
Wish: My wish is to see cute anime girls all day long!

Post by RatedRKO619305 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:42 pm

Did I hear ANIME NEXUS...? I was right all along, there really is Nexus in here! Unofficial World Championship changing hands due to controversy...what a great build-up in this storyline...
Infinite in mystery is the gift of the goddess
We seek it thus, and take to the sky
Ripples form on the water’s surface
The wandering soul knows no rest.
-Loveless, Act I
amdrag
Cherry blossom
Cherry blossom

Post by amdrag » Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:52 pm

It all leads up to a 7-on-7 match; the Rozen Mafia (Shinku, Desu, Suigintou), the Strikers (Fate & Nanoha), Rin & Holo vs. Houkago Tea Time (Mio, Yui & Azusa), the Animals (Nadeko & Hitagi), Mikoto & Nagi.
hinakatbklyn
Incubator
Incubator
Melon Pan: 55

Post by hinakatbklyn » Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:28 am

Looks like the sides are even this year.
Shana, Taiga, Nagi, Haruhi, Yuki, Tomoyo, Kyou, Kagami (Nagi supports Shana even though it's her first top 16)

Hina, Mio, Azusa, Yui, Mikoto, Nadeko, Hitagi, Saber (Hina does not see eye to eye with Shana)
abc
Harem lead
Harem lead
Worships: Akiyama Mio!!
Wish: Akiyama Mio!!

Post by abc » Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:01 am

amdrag wrote:The question is, who are the members of the Anime Nexus that cost Hinagiku the title? And who ended up getting choked with a tie?
what is Anime Nexus?
amdrag
Cherry blossom
Cherry blossom

Post by amdrag » Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:56 pm

abc wrote:
amdrag wrote:The question is, who are the members of the Anime Nexus that cost Hinagiku the title? And who ended up getting choked with a tie?
what is Anime Nexus?
They are one. They are one. They are one. They will stand together.

Number one, number one, the chosen ones.

They are one, they are one, they will fight forever.

They are one and they won't die young.

---

In summary, Anime + The Nexus = The Anime Nexus.

Also, they apparantly have Titantrons now. Here's one for Yuki & Haruhi, and here's one for the Alice Dolls.
abc
Harem lead
Harem lead
Worships: Akiyama Mio!!
Wish: Akiyama Mio!!

Post by abc » Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:37 am

amdrag wrote:
abc wrote:
what is Anime Nexus?
They are one. They are one. They are one. They will stand together.

Number one, number one, the chosen ones.

They are one, they are one, they will fight forever.

They are one and they won't die young.

---

In summary, Anime + The Nexus = The Anime Nexus.

Also, they apparantly have Titantrons now. Here's one for Yuki & Haruhi, and here's one for the Alice Dolls.
who are the members of the nexus?
amdrag
Cherry blossom
Cherry blossom

Post by amdrag » Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:42 am

abc wrote:who are the members of the nexus?
Well, the Nexus is a group of young wrestlers trying to take the WWE over. So in that vein, probably... Mio, Yui, Azusa, Hitagi, and Nadeko. Maybe throw in Nagi and Mikoto.
RatedRKO619305
Assassin
Assassin

Post by RatedRKO619305 » Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:49 pm

amdrag wrote:
abc wrote:who are the members of the nexus?
Well, the Nexus is a group of young wrestlers trying to take the WWE over. So in that vein, probably... Mio, Yui, Azusa, Hitagi, and Nadeko. Maybe throw in Nagi and Mikoto.
WRONG! Mio, Yui and Azusa are NOT the ones in the Nexus! Ms. abc and I always stand by their side. Anyway, if you want the REAL NEXUS...throw in Nagi, Taiga, Shana, Hitagi, Nadeko, Kyou & Tomoyo!
-Loveless, Act I
Momento10
Electromaster
Electromaster
Badges:
ImageImageImageImage
Worships: Setsumi Sakura
Melon Pan: 88
2019 Female Favorite: Tōma Kazusa
2019 Male Favorite: Ayanokōji Kiyotaka
2018 Female Favorite: Nishimiya Shōko
2018 Male Favorite: Sagara Sōsuke
2017 Female Favorite: Megumin
2017 Male Favorite: Zen Wistalia
Wish: ISML - A new face for the champion.
KBM - to revive
AST - to encourage international participation
IRL - My definition of peace and tranquility.

Post by Momento10 » Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:03 am

Technically speaking, amdrag's grouping makes more sense than your grouping. If Nexus is a group of upstarts wanting to make big names for themselves over veterans, it would have to be the ones who just started out their ISML career; hence, amdrag's grouping is correct. In the veteran's case, it would be Shana, Kagami, Kyou, Tomoyo, Nagi, Hinagiku, Haruhi, Yuki, and Saber. Taiga and Mikoto came at 2009, so they are considered neither newcomer nor veteran. The way I see it, you do not wish to see your favorites in this "bad group"; therefore, you throw veterans into this group to replace your favorites, which does not make any sense.
amdrag
Cherry blossom
Cherry blossom

Post by amdrag » Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:02 pm

How about this:

NEXUS
Mio, Yui, Azusa, Hitagi, Nadeko

nWo KyoAni
Haruhi, Yuki, Tomoyo, Kyou, Kagami

nWo Staff
Shana, Taiga, Nagi, Hinagiku, Mikoto

Special Guest Referee
Saber
minhtam1638
Phantom
Phantom
Wish: An endless supply of Coca-Cola. Tax free.

Post by minhtam1638 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:15 am

hinakatbklyn wrote:(Hina does not see eye to eye with Shana)
What? In my mind, I had "Hinagiku does not see eye to eye with Mio." Sure, the Shana/Hinagiku rivalry has become quite a yearly classic in the history of Saimoe, but if there was bad blood between them, you'd think they would have settled that back in their K-Best Moe days, right?

If we are talking references to the whole Nexus vs. Team WWE (awesome Summerslam match), I think this is what it's supposed to be:

Mio + Yui + Azusa + Mikoto + Nadeko + Hitagi + Nagi
vs.
Shana (since she's got the belt now, she's the parallel to John Cena, which makes sense since her only loss this year was to Mio)
Hinagiku + Taiga (John Morrison and R-Truth)
Tomoyo + Kyou (Edge and Chris Jericho, though neither of the girls are heels)
Yuki (since she's like 600 years old, she's the Bret Hart. And yes, Yuki IS older than Shana)
Kagami (the 7th member - no parallel confirmed since the Great Khali is supposedly injured)

which makes a lot of sense here since Saber has been around since '06 and she's facing a Haruhi that hates Tomoyo too much to fight against Mio.

Oh, and just because the Nexus happens to be a rather horrible group (or is according to WWE storyline) doesn't mean Mio's group has to be the evil group - they can just be a group that thinks they can rush in to sweep the necklaces and stuff without knowing their importance.
hinakatbklyn
Incubator
Incubator
Melon Pan: 55

Post by hinakatbklyn » Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:44 am

(1) For some reason I can't see a rivalry between Hina and Mio on just one match unlike multiple matches between Hina and Shana. (That could all change if Hina and Mio face each other again in DE)

(2) Mio/Yui/Azusa/Mikoto/Nadeko/Hitagi/Nagi is correct in a way that it's all their first time in the top 16 of ISML. This is not the first time for Saber in ISML, but it is her first time in the top 16 as well, that's why I put Saber in this group as well. (Same could be said for Nagi that she's been around for awhile)
minhtam1638
Phantom
Phantom
Wish: An endless supply of Coca-Cola. Tax free.

Post by minhtam1638 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:50 am

hinakatbklyn wrote:(1) For some reason I can't see a rivalry between Hina and Mio on just one match unlike multiple matches between Hina and Shana.

(2) Mio/Yui/Azusa/Mikoto/Nadeko/Hitagi/Nagi is correct in a way that it's all their first time in the top 16 of ISML. This is not the first time for Saber in ISML, but it is her first time in the top 16 as well, that's why I put Saber in this group as well.
to (1): from a statistics standpoint, you would be absolutely correct. But just from storyline perspective, do you really think Hinagiku and Shana can hate each other for... carry the one, divide by 12... five years running, or would you think that at some point, at least one of them will respect the other as a worthy competitor and would ally with said competitor if they each had a common enemy? You know, "enemy of my enemy is my friend?" Besides, if there was bad blood between them, they would have settled it back in their K-Moe days.

to (2), since we're making parallels with WWE, there's a 7 vs. 7 match going on tonight that we were referring to. That's why I picked 7. Besides, it's virtually impossible to see Saber taking orders from Mio.
RatedRKO619305
Assassin
Assassin

Post by RatedRKO619305 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:19 am

In case you haven't notcied TODAY, John Cena destroyed The Nexus at SummerSlam!
-Loveless, Act I
kevo
Osananajimi
Osananajimi

Post by kevo » Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:40 am

It took a lot of work, but I traced the USWC all the way back to Nanoha in 2005. Then it took me a long time to match up to the current "lineage". Unfortunately for Fate fans, Fate's "inaugural" reign has been erased due to this. Her term as USWC lasted a mere 3 days and 1 win. Regardless, check it out! You'd be surprised who has been world champion before.