[FAQ] What is this??

Presenting ISML as a dramatic galactic war...
melange
Artisan
Artisan
Badges:
Worships: Iwakura Lain
Melon Pan: 50
Wish: White Queen & Black Queen

[FAQ] What is this??

Post by melange » Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:02 am

What is this?

Based on the league status visualization maps produced by melange and spurred by the imagination of Ithekro, 'Space Opera' is a fun and interesting depiction of the voting results of ISML by describing them in the style of a 'science fiction epic'. Individual anime series become 'nations' and 'kingdoms' and groups of series produced by the same studio become larger 'empires' or 'alliances' which clash and do battle across the galaxy. You could think of it as a kind of 'fanfiction'. Its main purpose is for fun and entertainment.

How can I contribute?

We welcome everyone to become involved! Although the general framework of the factions have been established, the backstory and internal politics of many factions are still not fleshed out. Any and all suggestions as to the development of the factions and the main story are welcome. Please post in the respective threads of the faction or issue you are discussing or if there is no existing thread for it, please make one.

Melange is currently creating signatures for each of the factions for general public use which desperately requires suggestions for short descriptions of the factions.

How are the posts in this forum organized?
  • [Faction] posts give background information of the individual factions and are where discussions about the factions should take place. Please see the 'Factions of the Second Great Moe War' post for a general description of the factions and the animes they were based on and links to the individual faction threads.
  • [Images] posts are where flags and signatures for the factions are posted, please comment, discuss and make use of these images.
The Dancing Doll of the Infirmary - Higanbana
Crisu
Wan Wan Wan
Wan Wan Wan
Badges:
ImageImage
Worships: Kinomoto Sakura
Wish: Fluency in Japanese

Re: [FAQ] What is this??

Post by Crisu » Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:47 am

Things fell a bit behind in 2009, but I still enjoyed space opera very much. Will there be a chance to see it again in 2010?
ImageImage
Signature by Hikari-chan
ithekro
Strike witch
Strike witch
Badges:

Re: [FAQ] What is this??

Post by ithekro » Sat Nov 21, 2009 7:54 am

Well I got the daimond maps just now, so I can finish it at some point. Planning for 2010 has already started...sort of. SInce there is a flag now for K-On, Saki, and some others.
Space Opera