READ: Avatar Submission Rules (Obsolete)

Submit your character avatars for ISML!
Chocola
Hikarin's Kitty
Hikarin's Kitty
Worships: Kousaka Reina
Melon Pan: 50
Wish: Hikachu to not hate me

READ: Avatar Submission Rules (Obsolete)

Post by Chocola » Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:01 pm

Starting next year (ISML 2011), we will have the option for user-submitted avatars. As you may or may not know, there will be 135 avatars that we have to make for the preliminaries of ISML 2011, and the staff would really appreciate it if the ISML community can lend a helping hand. Since we now have a system that do not require PSD files, those with GIMP can help as well. Also, there is no obligation - you can make as many avatars as you like, no minimum or maximum.

In this forum's threads, characters will be listed in the first post as Confirmed, Probable, and Uncertain. Confirmed characters have auto-qualification into ISML Preliminaries, so we already know we need avatars for them. Probable characters are those the ISML Staff thinks there is a very high chance of making ISML Preliminaries through Nominations or future auto-qualifications. Uncertain characters are those who may or may not make it into ISML Preliminaries, but it's not impossible for them to do so therefore they deserve a mention.

Many of the senior ISML Members can edit posts in this forum. Currently, contestants from Top 24 of Saimoe and Top 16 of KBM are automatically qualified for ISML 2011 Preliminaries. Please feel free to edit my posts and move these characters to Confirmed when this happens. Remember, everything you do is tracked, so don't abuse your power.
Link to ISML 2011 Avatar Template:
_AvatarTemplate2011.psd
ISML 2011 Avatar Template
(262.96 KiB) Downloaded 798 times
_AvatarTemplate2012.psd
(264.48 KiB) Downloaded 97 times
[/b][/center]

Rules:
  • All avatars must be recreated because of a template change. However, using the same image from ISML 2010 avatars is fine.
  • Save all files as PNG-24 (128 x 128) and post them in their respective threads.
  • Do not make extra changes to borders or text styles. Just resize and adjust the image, change the text color, then save.
  • Use the Given Name (First Name) of each characters only, with macrons when applicable.
  • We would like multiple entries per character in order to choose the best one, so feel free to submit more than one avatar per character.
  • Having an avatar does not guarantee that Contestant's appearance in ISML 2011.
Guidelines:
  • If you're not an expert at Photoshop, we prefer you to change text color by double clicking on the first square of the Hue layer then drag the Hue slider back and forth.
  • If you want to change the text color manually, remember that the text should be light to contrast with the black background.
    Image Image
  • Use Auto Contrast and Auto Levels (Image -> Adjustments) along with Fade (Edit) to achieve better images.
  • General positioning of the picture: part of the top of the head is cut off, chin should be above the textbox.
    Image Image Image Image
  • Don't submit different versions of the same image, but do submit avatars with different images for the same character.
If you have general questions about avatar submissions, please ask them in this thread. We thank you in advance for your participation.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
MAL Ratings ISML Chat, Saimoe Blog, Saimoe Wiki
A tall, towering wall looms in front of me. Beyond that is something that I could never to see on my own.
And that is...the view from the top.
superunature
Intelligent device
Intelligent device
Worships: Akiba
Wish: Rabu touch!

Re: READ: Avatar Submission Rules

Post by superunature » Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:11 am

oh oh oh this outta be fun, Ima try a few. got PS cs4 extended to use~
"and post them in their respective thread" o_o
chaosprophet
Shinigami
Shinigami
Badges:
Worships: Evangeline McDowell
Wish: Future UQ Holder anime adaptation is done right.

Re: READ: Avatar Submission Rules

Post by chaosprophet » Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:17 pm

I added an Avatars Index thread to better organize all the avatars already done. It will be updated as people submit more avatars.
In case you edit a post to add new avatars instead of posting in a ne thread, or noticed I missed one of your avatars in the index, or others problems regarding the index, feel free to pm me with the details of the problem.