Seitokai Questions, Comments, Suggestions

Seitokai activities will be reported here, except for very important or period-specific announcements. Feel free to comment on what the student council has to offer.
User avatar
Marinara
Artisan
Artisan
Posts: 1481
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:58 am
Badges:
ImageImage
Worships: Horo, the Wise Wolf
Melon Pan: 50
Wish: Bottomless ramen
Location: Neo-Venezia, Aqua
Contact:

Re: Seitokai Questions, Comments, Suggestions

Post by Marinara » Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:33 am

V2 and V3 of that same Aquamarine Style 1 Sig, featuring the more appropriate Aquamarine Seitokai logo provided by melange ^_^
All freebies of course!

V2--The Aquamarine MONSTER
Image

V3--Some nice contrast?
Image

@Arcion--Per our Forum Avatar and Signature Etiquette, the total dimensions of your sig area should not exceed 820x200. You are currently over >.<
Image
Marinara's Anime Blog: Anime B&B
Follow me on Twitter!
User avatar
Bastion
Titan
Titan
Posts: 5614
Joined: Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:58 am
Badges:
Image
Melon Pan: 50
Wish: People who actually want to do their jobs.
Location: existing
Contact:

Re: Seitokai Questions, Comments, Suggestions

Post by Bastion » Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:05 pm

Marinara wrote:V2 and V3 of that same Aquamarine Style 1 Sig, featuring the more appropriate Aquamarine Seitokai logo provided by melange ^_^
All freebies of course!

V2--The Aquamarine MONSTER
Image

V3--Some nice contrast?
Image
I think that, for the banner/poster/avatar at least, the 'coat of arms' shouldn't be the thing changing colors. The symbol represents the seitokai as an organization. In life the coat or arms doesn't change just because the 'leader' of the family does. I think the change in representatives would be more readily depicted by the change in background when it's used with one, using the pink 'general' flavor atop the representative color change for the current round.
SpoilerShow
I have changed the width of my sig, just let me know if it goes over again :)
Jamie AB is open for business. How would you like your hare-brained scheme?
Confusing statements are fun :p
Medaka Kurokami wrote:People aren't meant to protect the rules, rules are meant to protect people
(*'////'*)
SpoilerShow
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
http://i979.photobucket.com/albums/ae27 ... nner-1.png" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;[/img]

ImageImage
*Puts Nagi behind the drums and Hinagiku at the front with the mike and a guitar*
Banners made by Midnight Jasper & Marinara
Kordosa wrote:I can just imagine all of the Hinagiku facepalming moments. That alone is worth it.
HnG chapter 333 pg 9 wrote:She (Hinagiku) realized an incredibly obvious but oft overlooked point: One had to read the manga before they could give their judgment of it.
ithekro wrote:Remember you aren't allowed to use your powers for evil.
With great power comes great responsibility
Absolute power corrupts absolutely
Tomoya Okazaki wrote:Can I beat you until you're motionless?
MegaTokyo wrote:Some of us are just a little more screwed up than others.
Saber (maglor) wrote:It is not how much, but it is where the king spends that tells what kind of king he is.
Rito wrote:Men don't decide whether they like someone or not based solely on breast size.
Kordosa wrote:Boy, I really need to learn to keep my questions to myself. It only makes things worse.
The lunatics around you are once again doing something to lower your opinion of human intelligence. ~Face Palm
Your sense of time tells you how much of your life has been wasted because you didn't take us at our word. ~Cracked.com
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Image
Azu-nyan, Hina-chan, Aoyama-chan and Subaru-nyan-chan
User avatar
Chocola
Hikarin's Kitty
Hikarin's Kitty
Posts: 7459
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:31 am
Worships: Kousaka Reina
Melon Pan: 50
Wish: Hikachu to not hate me

Re: Seitokai Questions, Comments, Suggestions

Post by Chocola » Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:38 pm

I think you have a great point. However, because we still need to know which seitokai, we need the color. In real life, it would be something like "The 501st Student Council of ____." So here, we should color the logo (and also add the year if you please, marinara~).

About contrast, I like the second one more. I wonder if a dark outer glow (Normal blend, not Screen) at about 50% around the logo would help, depending on spread.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
MAL Ratings ISML Chat, Saimoe Blog, Saimoe Wiki
A tall, towering wall looms in front of me. Beyond that is something that I could never to see on my own.
And that is...the view from the top.
User avatar
Bastion
Titan
Titan
Posts: 5614
Joined: Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:58 am
Badges:
Image
Melon Pan: 50
Wish: People who actually want to do their jobs.
Location: existing
Contact:

Re: Seitokai Questions, Comments, Suggestions

Post by Bastion » Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:05 pm

KholdStare88 wrote:I think you have a great point. However, because we still need to know which seitokai, we need the color. In real life, it would be something like "The 501st Student Council of ____." So here, we should color the logo (and also add the year if you please, marinara~).
I'm not arguing about that, I'm saying it should be represented by the background color, not the logo color for the banners and poster.
For example, the current banner v1 uses the pink Seitokai logo and the background color chosen by Marinara. If instead the banner v4 would have the pink logo with the perscribed aquamarine of the period as a background. I don't know if that would work entirely well for the contrast, but that would be the next issue to work with. Maybe give the logo (and the girls' pictures) a bit of shadow effect..

When the logo were used on it's own, it would still be of the current necklaces' color.
Jamie AB is open for business. How would you like your hare-brained scheme?
Confusing statements are fun :p
Medaka Kurokami wrote:People aren't meant to protect the rules, rules are meant to protect people
(*'////'*)
SpoilerShow
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
http://i979.photobucket.com/albums/ae27 ... nner-1.png" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;[/img]

ImageImage
*Puts Nagi behind the drums and Hinagiku at the front with the mike and a guitar*
Banners made by Midnight Jasper & Marinara
Kordosa wrote:I can just imagine all of the Hinagiku facepalming moments. That alone is worth it.
HnG chapter 333 pg 9 wrote:She (Hinagiku) realized an incredibly obvious but oft overlooked point: One had to read the manga before they could give their judgment of it.
ithekro wrote:Remember you aren't allowed to use your powers for evil.
With great power comes great responsibility
Absolute power corrupts absolutely
Tomoya Okazaki wrote:Can I beat you until you're motionless?
MegaTokyo wrote:Some of us are just a little more screwed up than others.
Saber (maglor) wrote:It is not how much, but it is where the king spends that tells what kind of king he is.
Rito wrote:Men don't decide whether they like someone or not based solely on breast size.
Kordosa wrote:Boy, I really need to learn to keep my questions to myself. It only makes things worse.
The lunatics around you are once again doing something to lower your opinion of human intelligence. ~Face Palm
Your sense of time tells you how much of your life has been wasted because you didn't take us at our word. ~Cracked.com
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Image
Azu-nyan, Hina-chan, Aoyama-chan and Subaru-nyan-chan
User avatar
Chocola
Hikarin's Kitty
Hikarin's Kitty
Posts: 7459
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:31 am
Worships: Kousaka Reina
Melon Pan: 50
Wish: Hikachu to not hate me

Re: Seitokai Questions, Comments, Suggestions

Post by Chocola » Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:05 am

...I don't like it at all. The purpose is for people to know immediately what period it is, now try to guess from the background, who cannot be monotone, since v2 already looks bad.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
MAL Ratings ISML Chat, Saimoe Blog, Saimoe Wiki
A tall, towering wall looms in front of me. Beyond that is something that I could never to see on my own.
And that is...the view from the top.
User avatar
Bastion
Titan
Titan
Posts: 5614
Joined: Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:58 am
Badges:
Image
Melon Pan: 50
Wish: People who actually want to do their jobs.
Location: existing
Contact:

Re: Seitokai Questions, Comments, Suggestions

Post by Bastion » Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:17 am

KholdStare88 wrote:...I don't like it at all. The purpose is for people to know immediately what period it is, now try to guess from the background, who cannot be monotone, since v2 already looks bad.
I can guess from the background of v1 (which I believe is actually the wrong color) that it's the Aquamarine period Seitokai, there's no need for the monotone look, and if the logo is of the period color, what color does the background become in say, Topaz, if it can't be monotone. The blue used wouldn't fit the logo of Topaz color.

I would think that the pink logo on a Topaz colored background with some shadow to pull it out would make for quite a nice effect.
Jamie AB is open for business. How would you like your hare-brained scheme?
Confusing statements are fun :p
Medaka Kurokami wrote:People aren't meant to protect the rules, rules are meant to protect people
(*'////'*)
SpoilerShow
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
http://i979.photobucket.com/albums/ae27 ... nner-1.png" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;[/img]

ImageImage
*Puts Nagi behind the drums and Hinagiku at the front with the mike and a guitar*
Banners made by Midnight Jasper & Marinara
Kordosa wrote:I can just imagine all of the Hinagiku facepalming moments. That alone is worth it.
HnG chapter 333 pg 9 wrote:She (Hinagiku) realized an incredibly obvious but oft overlooked point: One had to read the manga before they could give their judgment of it.
ithekro wrote:Remember you aren't allowed to use your powers for evil.
With great power comes great responsibility
Absolute power corrupts absolutely
Tomoya Okazaki wrote:Can I beat you until you're motionless?
MegaTokyo wrote:Some of us are just a little more screwed up than others.
Saber (maglor) wrote:It is not how much, but it is where the king spends that tells what kind of king he is.
Rito wrote:Men don't decide whether they like someone or not based solely on breast size.
Kordosa wrote:Boy, I really need to learn to keep my questions to myself. It only makes things worse.
The lunatics around you are once again doing something to lower your opinion of human intelligence. ~Face Palm
Your sense of time tells you how much of your life has been wasted because you didn't take us at our word. ~Cracked.com
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Image
Azu-nyan, Hina-chan, Aoyama-chan and Subaru-nyan-chan
User avatar
melange
Artisan
Artisan
Posts: 429
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:01 am
Badges:
Image
Worships: Iwakura Lain
Melon Pan: 50
Wish: White Queen & Black Queen

Re: Seitokai Questions, Comments, Suggestions

Post by melange » Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:58 am

Actually pink being created as the 'main' was completely arbitrary. The logo was originally made in black and white like the series logos, but unlike the series logos which remain at small 32x32 sizes and look fine in b&w, the seitokai logo was requested to be 128x128 avatar size and would have looked pretty dull in only b&w, so it was felt some color was needed. While it looks fine in the favicon, using all 7 colors in a 'rainbow' fashion in this particular logo would have ended up looking pretty atrocious. Then the dilemma of choosing a color came in where selecting one of the numerous 'official' ones used on the ISML site would have given that period/section too much emphasis when ISML is as much about coming together of all seven periods. If it was possible the best thing for the logo would have been (taking a cue from Durarara) "colorless", which the mulitplicity of logo colors which can change easily helps get at. The only reason the pink is the 'main' is because it is the color of postseason i.e. the tiara, and thus if anything would have to be emphasized this was the only logical one that would work.
Image
The Dancing Doll of the Infirmary - Higanbana
User avatar
Bastion
Titan
Titan
Posts: 5614
Joined: Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:58 am
Badges:
Image
Melon Pan: 50
Wish: People who actually want to do their jobs.
Location: existing
Contact:

Re: Seitokai Questions, Comments, Suggestions

Post by Bastion » Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:05 am

melange wrote:Actually pink being created as the 'main' was completely arbitrary. The logo was originally made in black and white like the series logos, but unlike the series logos which remain at small 32x32 sizes and look fine in b&w, the seitokai logo was requested to be 128x128 avatar size and would have looked pretty dull in only b&w, so it was felt some color was needed. While it looks fine in the favicon, using all 7 colors in a 'rainbow' fashion in this particular logo would have ended up looking pretty atrocious. Then the dilemma of choosing a color came in where selecting one of the numerous 'official' ones used on the ISML site would have given that period/section too much emphasis when ISML is as much about coming together of all seven periods. If it was possible the best thing for the logo would have been (taking a cue from Durarara) "colorless", which the mulitplicity of logo colors which can change easily helps get at. The only reason the pink is the 'main' is because it is the color of postseason i.e. the tiara, and thus if anything would have to be emphasized this was the only logical one that would work.
My first thought at seeing the pink main was that pink is usually (currently) seen as a feminine color, and since ISML is a moe contest and only females are able to participate..
And the fact that two of the first Seitokai have pink hair, the president and the reporter, it kinda helps the first group flavor of the thing.

While I could suggest coloring the diamonds as they represent the different periods, I don't believe color theory would be equitable to using all the colors to create a design is as a good plan, so I support the solid color plan currently used.
Last edited by Bastion on Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jamie AB is open for business. How would you like your hare-brained scheme?
Confusing statements are fun :p
Medaka Kurokami wrote:People aren't meant to protect the rules, rules are meant to protect people
(*'////'*)
SpoilerShow
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
http://i979.photobucket.com/albums/ae27 ... nner-1.png" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;[/img]

ImageImage
*Puts Nagi behind the drums and Hinagiku at the front with the mike and a guitar*
Banners made by Midnight Jasper & Marinara
Kordosa wrote:I can just imagine all of the Hinagiku facepalming moments. That alone is worth it.
HnG chapter 333 pg 9 wrote:She (Hinagiku) realized an incredibly obvious but oft overlooked point: One had to read the manga before they could give their judgment of it.
ithekro wrote:Remember you aren't allowed to use your powers for evil.
With great power comes great responsibility
Absolute power corrupts absolutely
Tomoya Okazaki wrote:Can I beat you until you're motionless?
MegaTokyo wrote:Some of us are just a little more screwed up than others.
Saber (maglor) wrote:It is not how much, but it is where the king spends that tells what kind of king he is.
Rito wrote:Men don't decide whether they like someone or not based solely on breast size.
Kordosa wrote:Boy, I really need to learn to keep my questions to myself. It only makes things worse.
The lunatics around you are once again doing something to lower your opinion of human intelligence. ~Face Palm
Your sense of time tells you how much of your life has been wasted because you didn't take us at our word. ~Cracked.com
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Image
Azu-nyan, Hina-chan, Aoyama-chan and Subaru-nyan-chan
User avatar
Toady
[School Idol Producer]
[School Idol Producer]
Posts: 1927
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:53 pm
Badges:
Image
Worships: Tsuruya-san
Melon Pan: 50
2020 Female Favorite: Nagato Yuki
2020 Male Favorite: Ishigami Yū
2019 Female Favorite: Nakano Azusa
2019 Male Favorite: Kyon
2018 Female Favorite: Rem
2018 Male Favorite: Roy Mustang
Wish: A wedding for Nico & Maki
Location: Switzerland

Re: Seitokai Questions, Comments, Suggestions

Post by Toady » Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:35 am

A suggestion about something unrelated to the logos, signatures, etc...

When we'll choose the next Seitokai, we'll vote for each job on the forum as for Aquamarine and we'll be able to vote for the ones who got the most VF in Aquamarine, right ? If that's the case, I think it'd be cool to let the winner of Aquamarine Fantasy to choose one more candidate, even if she has a low VF ! That'd let a chance to girls who have very little chance to make it to the Seitokai with the current system :)
Image
Much stuff (but Chibaka has more)Show
Image
#Drunkard4Ever #ThanksKiwi
Image
Image
My Secret Santa is awesome :3

Image
Hikarin <3
Image
Thank you Secret Santa 2016 :3
User avatar
Dusk252
Dryad
Dryad
Posts: 663
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:28 pm
Worships: Akemi Homura
Melon Pan: 50
Wish: to fix my messed-up life.
Location: Portugal

Re: Seitokai Questions, Comments, Suggestions

Post by Dusk252 » Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:03 pm

Toady wrote:A suggestion about something unrelated to the logos, signatures, etc...

When we'll choose the next Seitokai, we'll vote for each job on the forum as for Aquamarine and we'll be able to vote for the ones who got the most VF in Aquamarine, right ? If that's the case, I think it'd be cool to let the winner of Aquamarine Fantasy to choose one more candidate, even if she has a low VF ! That'd let a chance to girls who have very little chance to make it to the Seitokai with the current system :)
I support this suggestion.
User avatar
Chocola
Hikarin's Kitty
Hikarin's Kitty
Posts: 7459
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:31 am
Worships: Kousaka Reina
Melon Pan: 50
Wish: Hikachu to not hate me

Re: Seitokai Questions, Comments, Suggestions

Post by Chocola » Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:09 pm

Dusk252 wrote:
Toady wrote:A suggestion about something unrelated to the logos, signatures, etc...

When we'll choose the next Seitokai, we'll vote for each job on the forum as for Aquamarine and we'll be able to vote for the ones who got the most VF in Aquamarine, right ? If that's the case, I think it'd be cool to let the winner of Aquamarine Fantasy to choose one more candidate, even if she has a low VF ! That'd let a chance to girls who have very little chance to make it to the Seitokai with the current system :)
I support this suggestion.
I agree that winning fantasy having some power on the seitokai is a good idea. But under the current candidate system (which is not revealed), all 50 candidates will already become a candidate at least once during all the periods. So I'll have to really think about it if I want to bring the fantasy winner into it.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
MAL Ratings ISML Chat, Saimoe Blog, Saimoe Wiki
A tall, towering wall looms in front of me. Beyond that is something that I could never to see on my own.
And that is...the view from the top.
User avatar
Cassiopeia
Combat butler
Combat butler
Posts: 1057
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:36 am
Worships: Tennos "A-tan" Athena
Melon Pan: 50
Location: Ontario, Canada
Contact:

Re: Seitokai Questions, Comments, Suggestions

Post by Cassiopeia » Sun May 01, 2011 1:29 am

Dusk252 wrote:
Toady wrote:A suggestion about something unrelated to the logos, signatures, etc...

When we'll choose the next Seitokai, we'll vote for each job on the forum as for Aquamarine and we'll be able to vote for the ones who got the most VF in Aquamarine, right ? If that's the case, I think it'd be cool to let the winner of Aquamarine Fantasy to choose one more candidate, even if she has a low VF ! That'd let a chance to girls who have very little chance to make it to the Seitokai with the current system :)
I support this suggestion.
One thing you have to consider is, even if the fantasy winner gets to select a candidate, that candidate has to win the election poll in order to be elected. Most people who vote for election considers whether each candidate meets the job descriptions or not. However, if a contestant is not strong enough to get into the candidate pool, then that candidate still does not have a good chance to get elected, because popularity plays a role, when we have multiple candidates that meet the position description. I think it is a good proposal, but I am not sure it will make much difference.
Image Credit to Awesome Hikarin <3 ISML2011 FINAL <3
User avatar
Cassiopeia
Combat butler
Combat butler
Posts: 1057
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:36 am
Worships: Tennos "A-tan" Athena
Melon Pan: 50
Location: Ontario, Canada
Contact:

Re: Seitokai Questions, Comments, Suggestions

Post by Cassiopeia » Sun May 01, 2011 1:54 am

Arcion wrote:
melange wrote:Actually pink being created as the 'main' was completely arbitrary. The logo was originally made in black and white like the series logos, but unlike the series logos which remain at small 32x32 sizes and look fine in b&w, the seitokai logo was requested to be 128x128 avatar size and would have looked pretty dull in only b&w, so it was felt some color was needed. While it looks fine in the favicon, using all 7 colors in a 'rainbow' fashion in this particular logo would have ended up looking pretty atrocious. Then the dilemma of choosing a color came in where selecting one of the numerous 'official' ones used on the ISML site would have given that period/section too much emphasis when ISML is as much about coming together of all seven periods. If it was possible the best thing for the logo would have been (taking a cue from Durarara) "colorless", which the mulitplicity of logo colors which can change easily helps get at. The only reason the pink is the 'main' is because it is the color of postseason i.e. the tiara, and thus if anything would have to be emphasized this was the only logical one that would work.
My first thought at seeing the pink main was that pink is usually (currently) seen as a feminine color, and since ISML is a moe contest and only females are able to participate..
And the fact that two of the first Seitokai have pink hair, the president and the reporter, it kinda helps the first group flavor of the thing.

While I could suggest coloring the diamonds as they represent the different periods, I don't believe color theory would be equitable to using all the colors to create a design is as a good plan, so I support the solid color plan currently used.

I understand your point. But I believe changing colors each period makes it more noticeable, which seitokai we are dealing with. The coat of arms (or shield) sometimes have different colors. For now I can only think of English soccer teams like Liverpool or Manchester United. They sometimes use different colors for their shields.

some examples:
http://www.liverweb.org.uk/badge.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://lfc-epi.snowvalley.com/upload/re ... banner.JPG" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

so it is not entirely uncommon to switch the colors on the shield of an organization for different usages.
Image Credit to Awesome Hikarin <3 ISML2011 FINAL <3
User avatar
Chocola
Hikarin's Kitty
Hikarin's Kitty
Posts: 7459
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:31 am
Worships: Kousaka Reina
Melon Pan: 50
Wish: Hikachu to not hate me

Re: Seitokai Questions, Comments, Suggestions

Post by Chocola » Sun May 01, 2011 1:58 am

I have a way to implement what Dusk252 is thinking. However, unless the entire forum goes anti-popular, it will wouldn't make much of a difference.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
MAL Ratings ISML Chat, Saimoe Blog, Saimoe Wiki
A tall, towering wall looms in front of me. Beyond that is something that I could never to see on my own.
And that is...the view from the top.
User avatar
Bastion
Titan
Titan
Posts: 5614
Joined: Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:58 am
Badges:
Image
Melon Pan: 50
Wish: People who actually want to do their jobs.
Location: existing
Contact:

Re: Seitokai Questions, Comments, Suggestions

Post by Bastion » Sun May 01, 2011 2:10 am

Cassiopeia wrote:I understand your point. But I believe changing colors each period makes it more noticeable, which seitokai we are dealing with. The coat of arms (or shield) sometimes have different colors. For now I can only think of English soccer teams like Liverpool or Manchester United. They sometimes use different colors for their shields.

some examples:
http://www.liverweb.org.uk/badge.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://lfc-epi.snowvalley.com/upload/re ... banner.JPG" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

so it is not entirely uncommon to switch the colors on the shield of an organization for different usages.
I understand where your POV is standing as well, and even agree with the premise.
But wouldn't it be simpler to choose one new color (the already chosen 'necklace-themed' one) for the banner background, rather than the two (one logo [already chosen] and one background) needed for the logo to change for each period.
I'm also thinking that the symbol to the right of the pictures colored to represent the period color would make for a better effect if shaded to make it look like a 3-D engraving.

I'm only presenting this for the banner/poster issue. I don't see any issue with the standalone logo shifting color to represent each period. Although for the standalone logo, I would suggest a 'placard' addition of someplace to throw the year it represented, and just have a standard 'gold-plated' look to that piece.
Jamie AB is open for business. How would you like your hare-brained scheme?
Confusing statements are fun :p
Medaka Kurokami wrote:People aren't meant to protect the rules, rules are meant to protect people
(*'////'*)
SpoilerShow
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
http://i979.photobucket.com/albums/ae27 ... nner-1.png" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;[/img]

ImageImage
*Puts Nagi behind the drums and Hinagiku at the front with the mike and a guitar*
Banners made by Midnight Jasper & Marinara
Kordosa wrote:I can just imagine all of the Hinagiku facepalming moments. That alone is worth it.
HnG chapter 333 pg 9 wrote:She (Hinagiku) realized an incredibly obvious but oft overlooked point: One had to read the manga before they could give their judgment of it.
ithekro wrote:Remember you aren't allowed to use your powers for evil.
With great power comes great responsibility
Absolute power corrupts absolutely
Tomoya Okazaki wrote:Can I beat you until you're motionless?
MegaTokyo wrote:Some of us are just a little more screwed up than others.
Saber (maglor) wrote:It is not how much, but it is where the king spends that tells what kind of king he is.
Rito wrote:Men don't decide whether they like someone or not based solely on breast size.
Kordosa wrote:Boy, I really need to learn to keep my questions to myself. It only makes things worse.
The lunatics around you are once again doing something to lower your opinion of human intelligence. ~Face Palm
Your sense of time tells you how much of your life has been wasted because you didn't take us at our word. ~Cracked.com
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Image
Azu-nyan, Hina-chan, Aoyama-chan and Subaru-nyan-chan
User avatar
Dusk252
Dryad
Dryad
Posts: 663
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:28 pm
Worships: Akemi Homura
Melon Pan: 50
Wish: to fix my messed-up life.
Location: Portugal

Re: Seitokai Questions, Comments, Suggestions

Post by Dusk252 » Sun May 01, 2011 8:55 am

KholdStare88 wrote:I have a way to implement what Dusk252 is thinking. However, unless the entire forum goes anti-popular, it will wouldn't make much of a difference.
I understand what you mean. And if, as you say, every single contestant will have a change at election during all periods I don't think something like that will be necessary.
User avatar
Bastion
Titan
Titan
Posts: 5614
Joined: Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:58 am
Badges:
Image
Melon Pan: 50
Wish: People who actually want to do their jobs.
Location: existing
Contact:

Re: Seitokai Questions, Comments, Suggestions

Post by Bastion » Thu May 19, 2011 9:25 pm

Is a Topaz version of the Seitokai sig banner going to be drawn up/presented?

While I'm happy to be filling in the space with a support banner, it looks kinda odd, being that it's in the place that held the Aquamarine Seitokai previously.
Jamie AB is open for business. How would you like your hare-brained scheme?
Confusing statements are fun :p
Medaka Kurokami wrote:People aren't meant to protect the rules, rules are meant to protect people
(*'////'*)
SpoilerShow
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
http://i979.photobucket.com/albums/ae27 ... nner-1.png" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;[/img]

ImageImage
*Puts Nagi behind the drums and Hinagiku at the front with the mike and a guitar*
Banners made by Midnight Jasper & Marinara
Kordosa wrote:I can just imagine all of the Hinagiku facepalming moments. That alone is worth it.
HnG chapter 333 pg 9 wrote:She (Hinagiku) realized an incredibly obvious but oft overlooked point: One had to read the manga before they could give their judgment of it.
ithekro wrote:Remember you aren't allowed to use your powers for evil.
With great power comes great responsibility
Absolute power corrupts absolutely
Tomoya Okazaki wrote:Can I beat you until you're motionless?
MegaTokyo wrote:Some of us are just a little more screwed up than others.
Saber (maglor) wrote:It is not how much, but it is where the king spends that tells what kind of king he is.
Rito wrote:Men don't decide whether they like someone or not based solely on breast size.
Kordosa wrote:Boy, I really need to learn to keep my questions to myself. It only makes things worse.
The lunatics around you are once again doing something to lower your opinion of human intelligence. ~Face Palm
Your sense of time tells you how much of your life has been wasted because you didn't take us at our word. ~Cracked.com
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Image
Azu-nyan, Hina-chan, Aoyama-chan and Subaru-nyan-chan
User avatar
Chocola
Hikarin's Kitty
Hikarin's Kitty
Posts: 7459
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:31 am
Worships: Kousaka Reina
Melon Pan: 50
Wish: Hikachu to not hate me

Re: Seitokai Questions, Comments, Suggestions

Post by Chocola » Thu May 19, 2011 11:46 pm

I don't know. I wouldn't want to continue doing a support banner after I got attacked by something stupid like the "color of the logo" last time I tried to help out.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
MAL Ratings ISML Chat, Saimoe Blog, Saimoe Wiki
A tall, towering wall looms in front of me. Beyond that is something that I could never to see on my own.
And that is...the view from the top.
User avatar
Cross
Assassin
Assassin
Posts: 543
Joined: Sat May 28, 2011 5:36 am
Worships: Madoka
Melon Pan: 50
Wish: me to be in an anime.
All-time Favorite:
Tachibana Kanade
Location: ISML lair

Re: Seitokai Questions, Comments, Suggestions

Post by Cross » Mon May 30, 2011 1:51 pm

I love seitokai and I think it's a good idea.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Support ISML + My All-time FavoriteShow
ImageImage
User avatar
maglor
~Fukou da~
~Fukou da~
Posts: 8918
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:57 pm
Badges:
ImageImage
Worships: Abriel Nei Debrusc Borl Paryun Lafiel
Melon Pan: 75
2020 Female Favorite: Holo
2020 Male Favorite: Natsume Takashi
2019 Female Favorite: Akemi Homura
2019 Male Favorite: Arima Kōsei
2018 Female Favorite: Chtholly Nota Seniorious
2018 Male Favorite: Yang Wenli
Wish: More people being open to alternatives and compromises.

Re: Seitokai Questions, Comments, Suggestions

Post by maglor » Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:46 am

May be a Seitokai motto might be a good addition to the logo. How about

To enrich and serve.

?
Image
Post Reply