Seitokai Questions, Comments, Suggestions

Seitokai activities will be reported here, except for very important or period-specific announcements. Feel free to comment on what the student council has to offer.
Eclairs
Shinigami
Shinigami
Worships: Tamura Manami // Nagato Yuki // Aisaka Taiga
Melon Pan: 50
Wish: MUFC to win the treble of Premier League, FA cup and UEFA Champions league in the 2013/2014 season.

Re: Seitokai Questions, Comments, Suggestions

Post by Eclairs » Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:35 am

Arcion wrote:Since the tournament is split into two groups this year, are we going to have two Seitokai, or is it going to be one group with a mix of young women from both sides?
I also like this proposition. We can make each side to take 3 slots each for the seitokai and then alternate them. Something like this :

We tie up : President with with Secretary and Treasurer ( A ) while the 2VPs are tied with the reporter ( B ) . Then, in the first period ( Aquamarine ) = we can have the novas have ( A ) while the Stella side to have ( B ). When the next period comes ( Topaz ), the role is switched, with now the Stella side to hold ( A ) while the Nova side to hold ( B ). This will ELIMINATE the chance for silly ' one anime hogging the seitokai' scenario which happened a lot last year, while still giving both side equality in seitokai posts. As for which positions are to be tied up, its up to KS/Crisu/Maglor/TRE/other related people to decide, i was just giving an idea.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Thanks a lot to Hikari-Chan , Midnight-Jasper and ppizzapie for the awesome signatures and slivers.
"Take caution thy children, for thou art guilty of sin if thou does not fappeth to the lolis!" Bob 23:29-192
Kordosa
Soul gem
Soul gem
Worships: Moriya Suwako's hat
2019 Female Favorite: Sakurajima Mai
2019 Male Favorite: Eugeo
2018 Female Favorite: Yamada Elf
2018 Male Favorite: Willem Kmetsch
Wish: A third season of Spice and Wolf.

Post by Kordosa » Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:27 am

I actually vote for not having a Seitokai at all.

It was getting kind of obvious (especially towards the end of the regular season last year) that coming up with things for the Seitokai (while all fun and good) was also taxing the ISML staff's time and resources and delaying other things from getting done. At the very least, I don't see how having two seitokais would be a good idea. On the other hand, if the staff thinks it won't be a problem this year, then I have no problem with it as long as the staff doesn't overburden itself again.
QuotesShow
Cirno wrote:*sinister laugh* Winning by only 47 votes is all part of my master plan. Now everyone will think I'm weak when, in fact, I'm the strongest. And then, when they least expect it, I'll strike back and take over the entire ISML. It's foolproof. Hahahaha, I'm such a genius!
Crisu wrote:And, of course, never merge an anti-cookie with a normal cookie. Serious consequence will occur.
shiraoky wrote:I'm always squeeing lol.
Metaler wrote:Seriously, if you're gonna do something badly, then don't bother doing it. It's like when you take a dump: you don't show it to other people specifically because it's shit!
Kordosa wrote:Protip: If a male high school student character is voiced by a female seiyuu, there is a 100% probability that that character will be forced to crossdress at some point.
Chocola
Hikarin's Kitty
Hikarin's Kitty
Worships: Kousaka Reina
Wish: Hikachu to not hate me

Post by Chocola » Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:13 am

We were thinking that as well. While some of us are decent at role playing, we are by far not great at it, so if we get some volunteers stuff can get going this year.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
MAL Ratings ISML Chat, Saimoe Blog, Saimoe Wiki
A tall, towering wall looms in front of me. Beyond that is something that I could never to see on my own.
And that is...the view from the top.
Kordosa
Soul gem
Soul gem

Post by Kordosa » Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:07 am

What would really help would be to bring in people who really know and understand certain characters and why they act the way they do instead of just flanderizing them (unless the forum community doesn't mind intentional flanderization for the entire seitokai and have everyone be over the top a la an omake or something, which in itself might be fun).

Flanderization can go both ways, though. For example, let's say someone flanderizes Mikoto to the extent that she's nothing more but a type A tsundere who goes around zapping people for no reason. I might try to subconsciously compensate for that and unintentionally end up falling into the same trap by having Mikoto constantly distracted by cute things and anything to do with Gekota. So there's a fine line to be walked.

But then again, I'm getting way too serious here. As long as the seitokai turns out fun for everyone (and the staff isn't overworked), it'll be fine.
QuotesShow
Cirno wrote:*sinister laugh* Winning by only 47 votes is all part of my master plan. Now everyone will think I'm weak when, in fact, I'm the strongest. And then, when they least expect it, I'll strike back and take over the entire ISML. It's foolproof. Hahahaha, I'm such a genius!
Crisu wrote:And, of course, never merge an anti-cookie with a normal cookie. Serious consequence will occur.
Metaler wrote:Seriously, if you're gonna do something badly, then don't bother doing it. It's like when you take a dump: you don't show it to other people specifically because it's shit!
Kordosa wrote:Protip: If a male high school student character is voiced by a female seiyuu, there is a 100% probability that that character will be forced to crossdress at some point.
Bastion
Titan
Titan
Badges:
Wish: People who actually want to do their jobs.

Post by Bastion » Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:16 am

KholdStare88 wrote:We were thinking that as well. While some of us are decent at role playing, we are by far not great at it, so if we get some volunteers stuff can get going this year.
I love to roleplay, but my lack of character knowledge makes things difficult for those characters I don't know about.
I'd be willing to assist anyone trying their hand at it if I know the characters (even if I don't like them, I'd do what I could), but there's too many unknown for me to grasp, and it's up to the voters who gets what positions.
Jamie AB is open for business. How would you like your hare-brained scheme?
Confusing statements are fun :p
Medaka Kurokami wrote:People aren't meant to protect the rules, rules are meant to protect people
(*'////'*)
SpoilerShow
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
http://i979.photobucket.com/albums/ae27 ... nner-1.png" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;[/img]

ImageImage
*Puts Nagi behind the drums and Hinagiku at the front with the mike and a guitar*
Banners made by Midnight Jasper & Marinara
Kordosa wrote:I can just imagine all of the Hinagiku facepalming moments. That alone is worth it.
HnG chapter 333 pg 9 wrote:She (Hinagiku) realized an incredibly obvious but oft overlooked point: One had to read the manga before they could give their judgment of it.
ithekro wrote:Remember you aren't allowed to use your powers for evil.
With great power comes great responsibility
Absolute power corrupts absolutely
Tomoya Okazaki wrote:Can I beat you until you're motionless?
MegaTokyo wrote:Some of us are just a little more screwed up than others.
Saber (maglor) wrote:It is not how much, but it is where the king spends that tells what kind of king he is.
Rito wrote:Men don't decide whether they like someone or not based solely on breast size.
Kordosa wrote:Boy, I really need to learn to keep my questions to myself. It only makes things worse.
The lunatics around you are once again doing something to lower your opinion of human intelligence. ~Face Palm
Your sense of time tells you how much of your life has been wasted because you didn't take us at our word. ~Cracked.com
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Azu-nyan, Hina-chan, Aoyama-chan and Subaru-nyan-chan
blaZofgold
Space cowboy
Space cowboy
Badges:
Worships: God, the real one
Wish: Murphy's Law not to be always true

Post by blaZofgold » Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:02 am

Again, wondering if this will be revived in 2014. As a late-2013 joiner, I feel like I've missed a lot.
Bastion
Titan
Titan
Badges:

Post by Bastion » Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:04 am

blaZofgold wrote:Again, wondering if this will be revived in 2014. As a late-2013 joiner, I feel like I've missed a lot.
Have a feeling not, but there's always a chance :mrgreen:
Fuijiwara
[Ebb and Flow]
[Ebb and Flow]
Badges:
ImageImageImage
Worships: Fuijiwara no Mokou
Melon Pan: 2
Wish: Happiness~~

Post by Fuijiwara » Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:16 pm

This could be very interesting, though I could use a better explanation on how this works.
2015 SilversShow
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Kordosa
Soul gem
Soul gem

Post by Kordosa » Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:45 pm

Fuijiwara wrote:This could be very interesting, though I could use a better explanation on how this works.
The ISML Seitokai consisted of the ISML community members electing various ISML competitors to serve on the seitokai for one Period. Each Period's seitokai would then pass directives or make other announcements during that Period.

It was more or less, a fun way for the ISML Staff to interact with the ISML community via roleplaying.
QuotesShow
blaZofgold
Space cowboy
Space cowboy
Badges:
Worships: God, the real one
Wish: Murphy's Law not to be always true

Post by blaZofgold » Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:25 am

Bastion wrote:
blaZofgold wrote:Again, wondering if this will be revived in 2014. As a late-2013 joiner, I feel like I've missed a lot.
Have a feeling not, but there's always a chance :mrgreen:
BAM! Predictions.

Anyways, I know that Fujiwara and I have asked this before, so I'll just ask it one last time (AHEM LAST TIME) whether or not we need to apply to be recruited to write, if we need to meet some prereqs or anything, and how we can start writing for this.

Not that I need anything more to write o.O but it's so fun n.n'
Chocola
Hikarin's Kitty
Hikarin's Kitty

Post by Chocola » Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:35 am

There won't be a formal application process. As for prerequisites, there really is none. If there's enough interest, we'll open a private writing forum where you guys would submit CDs and if they're good enough they will become official. Submissions will go through something similar to a marinara editing process before being released.

You will have to wait until Amethyst though before we can recruit writers. The staff wants to use Aquamarine to set up basic Seitokai structure, and when elections happen everyone is encouraged to contribute. Here's a preview of what will happen. We will get 6 random characters for Seitokai, which means the staff will have no chance to establish any kind of "plot" for the Seitokai that period. This is where you will have to use your imagination to create CDs that mirror the interactions of those characters in their respective anime. The goal is to have fun, but do it in such a way that's not out-of-character.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
A tall, towering wall looms in front of me. Beyond that is something that I could never to see on my own.
Just
[Kiwi's Melon]
[Kiwi's Melon]
Badges:
ImageImageImageImage
Melon Pan: 0
Wish: May children never suffer.

Post by Just » Sun Apr 06, 2014 4:23 pm

Looks interesting and fun; though I'll probably not be able to become a long-term contributor. Anyway, I'll keep my eye on here and see if there are things that I can take part :P
SpoilerShow
Image Image Image Image Image Image
HaloCapella
Time traveler
Time traveler
Worships: My Cuties!
Melon Pan: 55
2018 Female Favorite: Sawamura Spencer Eriri
Wish: Saimoe-chan's official debut.

Post by HaloCapella » Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:00 pm

♪♪

~~

You know who else we need?

I'll tell you who else we need~
and i'll tell you right here...Show
An ISML snuggler!

There's plenty of snuggable girls to snuggle!

Snuggable girls so snuggable, I heat up so much of want!

and when the timing is right, they'll get caught on the most unexpected of places! 8D

afterwards, the amount of snuggability they have are recorded then copied into an archived fabric that has a similar snuggability!

but of course, they'll get upset, but once the information spreads, it can never go away~ and ooh, nyaruko. your hands. <3

once this is all done, time to bask in satisfaction and wait for the next occurring session.

♪♪

~deshouka? =////=
Admiral Paru ~~ Pixiv DeviantArt Twitter Image
10ZHAbin
Spirit hunter
Spirit hunter
Badges:
ImageImage
Worships: Leina

Post by 10ZHAbin » Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:42 am

I wonder how people will react if we slip in a male from last year's top 16 for every period.
Momo
State alchemist
State alchemist
Badges:
ImageImage
Worships: Akemi Homura
Melon Pan: 132
Wish: Yotsuba-chan♥

Post by Momo » Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:27 am

^ Only if it's Sugisaki Ken every time and he proceeds to spend the rest of the period trying to make that Seitokai his harem.
SpoilerShow

Revenge Time~
Kudos to my amazing Secret Santa ♥
10ZHAbin
Spirit hunter
Spirit hunter
Badges:
ImageImage
Worships: Leina

Post by 10ZHAbin » Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:24 am

He's not gonna be successful because many of the girls already have someone they like. When I posted it, I had in my mind some extreme cases like Hideyoshi.
Fuijiwara
[Ebb and Flow]
[Ebb and Flow]
Badges:
ImageImageImage
Worships: Fuijiwara no Mokou
Melon Pan: 2
Wish: Happiness~~

Post by Fuijiwara » Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:40 pm

Or we could slip in Keima ?
2015 SilversShow
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Bastion
Titan
Titan
Badges:

Post by Bastion » Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:31 pm

Hayate would make the harem, and he'd be completely oblivious to it.
Chocola
Hikarin's Kitty
Hikarin's Kitty

Post by Chocola » Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:36 am

Interesting...what should we call the "position"?
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
haebaragi
Familiar
Familiar
Badges:
Wish: Need a time machine. Badly.

Post by haebaragi » Sat Apr 12, 2014 3:10 am

KholdStare88 wrote:Interesting...what should we call the "position"?
What if the guys are just invited as a "Guest" for special occassions? Like Haruka can appear in a scene that taking place in swimming pool, Gintoki can visit once to deliver strawberry milk because someone asked him to :twisted:, Kirito losts when he's seeking for Asuna, Keima be invited to give love advise to the girls, etc.

Well, I don't think making a harem out of the girls that already has their own partner is a good idea (and I don't think many of the guys want it, too), except if in Seitokai there's a part of their harem/partner (like Hayate only can make Hina flustered).