Under Pressure (CP 1533)

Seitokai activities will be reported here, except for very important or period-specific announcements. Feel free to comment on what the student council has to offer.
ISML Seitokai
Seitokai
Seitokai
Melon Pan: 50

Under Pressure (CP 1533)

Post by ISML Seitokai » Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:32 am

Don't demand Fancy Fatty Tuna in cheap convenient store lunch boxes! --- Aizawa Yuuichi

Council Paper 1533

Topic: The Seitokai discusses ISML schedule compression for 2018
Primary Speakers: Shirogane Kei, Fine, Miyamori Aoi, Imai Midori
Supporting Speakers : Higashikata Josuke, Edogawa Conan,Yona
Dissent: Sakamoto
Abstain: Azuki Azusa

-------------------------
[The light suddenly flickers and then goes off in the magistrates' room]

Tomori Nao : Power Outage again?

Sakagami Tomoyo : Please ask the Seitokai what ails the power grid

------------------------------

[Later in the Seitokai room]

Kei : OK, hold it! here it goes!!

Midori : Yay, the lights are back on.

Kei : Midori, Josuke, good work. Oh! Hi there, Conan

Josuke : Argh my head hurts....

Conan : *mumbles and writes* Mysterious illness strikes the Seitokai...

Azusa : I don't get paid enough for all these works!

Conan : Seitokai Labor Union demands a pay raise!

Yona : When can we ever stop working?

Conan : Seitokai Labor Union contemplates going on a strike

Sakamoto : Don't we ever get to play?

Conan : They demand a paid vacation time.

Yona : My desk is still filled with all these petitions and requests!

Conan : Labor Union criticizes actions of press demanding informations.

Fine : Enough, Conan. I know things are tough here. Kei, what can we do?

Kei : Well, ma'am. The trouble stems from well intended schedule that distribute the matches as evenly as possible throughout the year. While this
allowed voters and watchers ample time to enjoy the process, it left the staff and factories with little down time to recuperate from work, and has overloaded our generators.

Fine : Can the schedule be sustained?

Kei : Well, see for yourself.

Fine : I see. So what are the options?

Kei : Well, I will see what I can put together. Ms. Imai and Mr. Higashikata, please check on options for compressing of the schedule.

------------ 1 week later --------------

Fine : OK. So we are back to 2018 schedule change. First, is the change inevitable?

Midori : If we want Yona-hime to be able to use her hand, it is.

Fine : Fine. Mr. Shiroe, will you elaborate?

Kei : Yes, Your Highness. We need to increase the length of breaks before and after the necklace matches. While there always are routine works, the amount of work needed peaks drastically when we transition from one period to the next. Currently, we have around 8 ~ 10 days for the transition, and it is here where our staff falters and panicks

Josuke : So, a solution can be adding one more week for the transition, but that would lengthen the entire schedule by 7 more weeks which is almost 2 month, and we don't have that much time to spare.

Midori : Therefore, in order to increase the transition time, the number of match days have to be shortened, but the basic ISML flow cannot change, barring some outpouring of demand for overhaul of ISML process

Azusa : Not again....

Kei : The only remaining option would be to increase the number of matches in a given match day. Currently, from Aquamarine period to Ruby period, we have 5 groups undergoing matches in a match day. We can increase it to 7 groups or 8.

Fine : Under that format, when, do you think, should ISML 2018 start?

Josuke : 7 groups per match day will allow ISML nomination to start on March 1st, and the Tiara finals to be on Dec. 17th. On a typical match day, we will have 44 to 46 arenas, thus 88 to 92 characters being involved. Due to all the number of groups in a period being a coprime with the planned number of groups in a match day, it is inevitable that there will be certain match days with much less number of arenas compared to others.

Midori : 8 groups per match day will allow ISML nomination to start on March 1st, and the Tiara Finals be on Dec. 10th, thus preventing ISML matches be held during December finals week that affects large number of voters and staff. It also gives more breaks between the periods, and the number of arenas in a match days will be kept at 50 from Aquamarine to Emerald period. While the fluctuation in the number of arenas is less compared to 7 groups per match day, the fact that we will have 100 voting avatars in most day raises concerns for those using lower speed internet or small devices.

Kei : There also are options to start the Aquamarine rounds either on April 7th, or March 31st. March 31st start will ensure the Tiara final to be held on Dec. 10th, but it contains more fluctuations in length of breaks near necklace matches.

Fine : So, if 8 group option and 7 group option both start and ends near same time, why do we need to consider 8 group option?

Midori : It is because with 8 group option, we can have much less exhibition matches in order to keep the number of arenas in a match day more steady. With 7 group option, we will need much more exhibition matches at the end of last day of Aquamarine to Emerald period in order to lessen the fluctuation of arena numbers.

Josuke : And with more exhibition matches, our graphic team members have to make more voting avatars that will be used only once, along with the tournament staff having to sort through dozens of different demands in order to select the exhibition matches.

Midori : Here is the table of formats and some major talking points. Details can change if we allow more irregularities in number of arenas in a typical match days

Sakamoto : Graphics team will kill us...

Fine : I see. Have the Magistrates been contacted regarding this?

Kei : The Judicial committee is still waiting for more information to be supplied by us, Your Highness.

Fine : Okay. Are there any other questions we need to address?

Yona : I'm sure there are plenty of other questions people will have. We should hold a press conference

Fine : A good idea!

Conan : *murmurs* I got a bad feeling that something may happen soon....

Sakamoto : Why bother with press conference when most public just wants to tease me?

___

Shirogane Kei
Vice President of Operations
stealing maglor's lollipops ice creams since 2009
ISML Seitokai
Seitokai
Seitokai

Re: Under Pressure (CP 1533)

Post by ISML Seitokai » Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:33 am

Yup. You read it. We're changing the scheduling for 2018, and we're holding a press conference in this thread about it.

Thus we open our Press Conference.
Feel free to ask any question related to ISML 2018. But please mention to which member of seitokai the question is directed. Be mindful of the role each person has, as the person who ask a question directed at totally unrelated Seitokai member will be "spanked" by Josuke here. Josuke, tell them. - Midori

Oi, listen to senpai here or else I'll... - Josuke

[Several seconds later]

Wait.. what?! - Josuke
Reverend
~Planetarian~
~Planetarian~
Badges:
ImageImage
Worships: Sofia Jalapeno Viviage
Melon Pan: 4
Wish: To die... ASAP.

Post by Reverend » Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:35 am

erm... so this is open for asking?

then... maybe I'll ask the only one that looks dependable in this room. Eto, Shiroe-san, if I may ask:
1. do we really need this many contestant for each division?
We tried this model for two years, the best thing it had produce was... wait Eru was 2 years ago. Last year it was wedding dress cancer.
Let me revise: it hasn't produced anything good.
While I've seen some great chara who suffered a sad fate of being bullied by fans of character with bigger (and more cancerous fanbase,) which, in the end, makes it no different than the old preliminary period.
The main benefit of this model, as I saw it, was to bring new voters from fans of those new characters/characters with smaller fanbase, and maybe it did bring. But the level of power-voting (I'm going to assume MVs and paid votes are already counted out) is too big.
I just begin to question the effectiveness of this model.

ps.: oh yeah, don't give me bs that this model is to make it simple thus people can understand while avoiding the competition to become repetitive. Because from what I saw so far, they are still confused, and they are still distressed by the result, up to the point of a large scale antivoting. (*ehem* Natsume)

2. I think, what most voters want right now, is faster time gap between necklace result and its poster.
While this is hard because I understand that the art staff are busy with real lives, that doesn't change that ISML posters are the one of the two main reasons why people vote here. (The other one is pride.)
Maybe, if the staff just can... do something about this that can make the posters come out at the same time as the result.

3. Monika asks me to ask you if she can make an Anime & Literature Discussion Club.

Thank you.
Giving his love for life, and died dreaming about her in the end. A real happy man, right? ~
ISML Seitokai
Seitokai
Seitokai

Post by ISML Seitokai » Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:36 pm

Reverend wrote:erm... so this is open for asking?

then... maybe I'll ask the only one that looks dependable in this room. Eto, Shiroe-san, if I may ask:
1. do we really need this many contestant for each division?
We tried this model for two years, the best thing it had produce was... wait Eru was 2 years ago. Last year it was wedding dress cancer.
Let me revise: it hasn't produced anything good.
While I've seen some great chara who suffered a sad fate of being bullied by fans of character with bigger (and more cancerous fanbase,) which, in the end, makes it no different than the old preliminary period.
The main benefit of this model, as I saw it, was to bring new voters from fans of those new characters/characters with smaller fanbase, and maybe it did bring. But the level of power-voting (I'm going to assume MVs and paid votes are already counted out) is too big.
I just begin to question the effectiveness of this model.

ps.: oh yeah, don't give me bs that this model is to make it simple thus people can understand while avoiding the competition to become repetitive. Because from what I saw so far, they are still confused, and they are still distressed by the result, up to the point of a large scale antivoting. (*ehem* Natsume)

2. I think, what most voters want right now, is faster time gap between necklace result and its poster.
While this is hard because I understand that the art staff are busy with real lives, that doesn't change that ISML posters are the one of the two main reasons why people vote here. (The other one is pride.)
Maybe, if the staff just can... do something about this that can make the posters come out at the same time as the result.

3. Monika asks me to ask you if she can make an Anime & Literature Discussion Club.

Thank you.
Shiroe *Takes a deep breath*

The criticism that the current system makes the first three periods to be merely a drawn out prelim is not new. Also, many frowned on Natsume group's achievement. While many think Natsume group cheated and tried to hijack ISML to mold it to their taste, I do not think we should blame them for trying to express their love. Rather we need to look back upon ourselves and wonder "Have we grown weak enough that 1000 votes is all your need to firmly control to sway almost everything?"

ISML made many missteps in the past and even this year as well. When I ask all the people who are knowledgeable, however, many points that the reason why ISML has became "vulnerable" is more due to "Over Reaction" to the missteps, than the missteps themselves. They recommend more stability in format, unless problem is serious enough to bring about work stoppage. So, despite all the flaws, we must keep most of current system intact for one more years, to see if the flaws can be self-correcting, or if flaws will grow bigger. So, by this principle, we will not be doing any major changes next year. At the end of 2018, the next seitokai will convene a grand open public meeting to discuss the changes that is needed.

Another thing to consider is "what flaws have current system exposed?" If that is letting a seemingly weak character, who actually is very popular in the real world, hang around long enough to invite its strong fan support clubs into ISML, is it really a flaw? So many people have complained that ISML is too predictable; once you know the prelim or Aquamarine period results, you already know most of the 16 characters in the elimination stage. Finally we have a system that can change this doldrum. Is this really a flaw, or major strength of the current system?

While many Natsume fans regrettably abandoned us when Natsume didn't win the necklace as they hoped, I really wish they stayed around. Being new, they couldn't fully comprehend the shock and push back from some of the "veteran" ISML voters who had trouble accepting the change in the land scape. Had they stayed around, consistently helping Natsume do better, I do think Natsume could have easily won the Ruby or be a strong candidate to win the Diamond, while reinvigorating the ISML community in general, if, and I know this is the if that really matters, the Natsume community remained civil, polite, and sociable to all the people who are not part of Natsume community. Act just like how Natsume does to other humans and spirits, and they would have gained more friends, and finally help ISML break out of the tiny shell it has encased itself in, and help ISML accept more diverse real worldly voters. I think this is a bright future that could have been if the Natsume community was more patient. Yes, some members in that community had bad history, and I also saw that many did bad things in Emerald 2017 period. But there were hundreds of legit fans who did things right, and we shouldn't punish the actions of hundreds of fans for what a handful did. Nor should we forget that almost all the characters have supporters who tries to cheat , bribe, or do others unethical activities. Note how many character's power levels has drastically changed between Ruby and Diamond period. To blame only Natsume group for their human inadequacy is being bigoted for certain idea of "normalcy" in ISML. I wish I could have conveyed my own mixed feelings to the Natsume group, that though there were many things I frowned from them, I really wish they would stay, and we could grow together while becoming better in good sense. I probably failed due to poor choice of words, and lack of time to adequately handle or prevent disputes, and for that I apologize to them, and any other groups who feel similarly about my actions and words.

What I am really trying to say is that instead of protecting this bubble around ISML, we should burst it, and let more of the real world in. The old prelim that gave large number of candidates only 3 matches to establish themselves is fundamentally unfair to any new comers, or any characters with great imbalance of popularity between real world popularity and within-ISML popularity. The current system still seems to be best compromise between letting diverse characters hang around long enough to ascend to their rightful place, and not let ISML season drag on forever. With this in mind, I actually plan to propose a tweak to the wildcard system that will allow more characters to participate, making even the earlier wildcard matches feel more competitive, and something a character should be proud of winning. This will probably need another Seitokai press conference so I will refrain from mentioning this further. Please ask about wildcard system tweaks in the press conference in the future, or make your own thread to pitch your ideas to us.

As for the MV and unethical behaviors, I ask you to trust the Seitokai, and we will do our best to combat them. All characters have their own share of MV, and they all grew bigger as season progressed. The Seitokai will do its best to not let the actions of a few dominate the will of the people.

So, in 2018, for better or worse, most of the current system will stay

Let me have a cup of tea.

[Shiroe Kei sips a cup of hot green tea and let out a soft ahhh.]

Now the posters. In order to have the posters ready by the result announcement time, we need to revert to 2008/2009 system of making posters for all the candidates beforehand. Under current schedule, this is totally impossible, unless we somehow find a way to un-retire marinara and many other highly skilled artists who have reduced their involvements due to real world concerns. Hiring new artists is problematic as the current Divine Circlet poster contest showed the artistic preference between current poster makers and new people who are interested enough to submit a poster for us has significant differences, and it will take time for the art team to reach a workable compromise regarding aesthetics. Seitokai is very interested in hiring new artists, thus it will pay great attention to all the posters submitted, and will try to contact anyone whom we think has potential to work with the current art team members.

Anyway, the reality is that we can't rapidly increase the art team. We can give more time for art team if the schedule changes being discussed in this press conference yield sufficient preparation time before the necklace match. With more break before and after the necklace match, while we still won't be able to guarantee the poster as we announce the results in 12 to 15 hours, we probably can get to unveiling the posters before the start of next period's matches. I hope this is a significant improvement compared to current status quo, in your eyes.

Therefore, the schedule change being discussed today will probably improve the poster release time issue considerably, though may be not to the level you are asking for.

Now Yona-hime?

[Yona steps up]

Yona : We are interested in knowing more about this Anime & Literature Discussion Club, and wish to review it favorably. Please give me more details about the club, and I will check with our secretary to see how we can make it possible, or if such a club already exist, how we can improve the club.

[Midori steps up again]

Midori : Did you receive the answer you were seeking or have any further questions? Also anyone else with questions?
exec
~Senior Member~
~Senior Member~
Badges:
Melon Pan: 15
2018 Female Favorite: Holo
2018 Male Favorite: Astolfo
2017 Female Favorite: Holo
2017 Male Favorite: Felix Argyle

Post by exec » Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:10 pm

maglor wrote:Now the posters. In order to have the posters ready by the result announcement time, we need to revert to 2008/2009 system of making posters for all the candidates beforehand. Under current schedule, this is totally impossible, unless we somehow find a way to un-retire marinara and many other highly skilled artists who have reduced their involvements due to real world concerns. Hiring new artists is problematic as the current Divine Circlet poster contest showed the artistic preference between current poster makers and new people who are interested enough to submit a poster for us has significant differences, and it will take time for the art team to reach a workable compromise regarding aesthetics. Seitokai is very interested in hiring new artists, thus it will pay great attention to all the posters submitted, and will try to contact anyone whom we think has potential to work with the current art team members.

Anyway, the reality is that we can't rapidly increase the art team. We can give more time for art team if the schedule changes being discussed in this press conference yield sufficient preparation time before the necklace match. With more break before and after the necklace match, while we still won't be able to guarantee the poster as we announce the results, we probably can get to level of unveiling the posters before the start of next period's matches. I hope this is a significant improvement compared to current status quo, in your eyes.

Therefore, the schedule change being discussed today will probably improve the poster release time issue considerably, though not to the level you are asking for.
So I was thinking, which is weird, how about we release the results and posters simultaneously within a week separately from all other exhibition stuff, maybe even overlapping with the next period rounds? I mean It's going to be more interesting for people to not know when the posters will be out and we can get more lurkers for our sites looking for updates on posters. Also it's more feasible than finding more artists, on the other hand the more artists we can get the faster the release of the poster will be.
:Himari:
ISML Seitokai
Seitokai
Seitokai

Post by ISML Seitokai » Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:21 pm

exec wrote: So I was thinking, which is weird, how about we release the results and posters simultaneously within a week separately from all other exhibition stuff, maybe even overlapping with the next period rounds? I mean It's going to be more interesting for people to not know when the posters will be out and we can get more lurkers for our sites looking for updates on posters. Also it's more feasible than finding more artists, on the other hand the more artists we can get the faster the release of the poster will be.

Kei This is an interesting idea, but will only work if majority of people are willing to accept delay in announcing of the necklace and pendant match results, even though it is plainly obvious that results are already determined and known to the vote checking group and poster group. I will ask the secretary Miyamori to investigate opening a poll to see how public likes this idea.

Azusa Mr. Vice President. All those people lurking might force us to upgrade our server. May I remind you how tight the budget is?

Kei Your concern is justifiable, but luckily President/Queen Fine already asked the magistrate for preliminary approval for increase in budget.
Toady
[School Idol Producer]
[School Idol Producer]
Badges:
Worships: Tsuruya-san
2017 Female Favorite: Nakano Azusa
2017 Male Favorite: Yang Wenli
Wish: A wedding for Nico & Maki

Post by Toady » Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:48 pm

A question for Josuke: is the number of pictures to load really a concern for some people? Were there complaints about this? Would it be possible to make lighter avatars or a lighter version of the voting page if it's really an issue?

A remark for Aoi: could you fix the broken links in the Seitokai page?

A question for Sakamoto: can I pet you? :3
Much stuff (but Chibaka has more)Show
#Drunkard4Ever #ThanksKiwi
My Secret Santa is awesome :3

Hikarin <3
Thank you Secret Santa 2016 :3
ISML Seitokai
Seitokai
Seitokai

Post by ISML Seitokai » Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:32 pm

Toady wrote:A question for Josuke: is the number of pictures to load really a concern for some people? Were there complaints about this? Would it be possible to make lighter avatars or a lighter version of the voting page if it's really an issue?

A remark for Aoi: could you fix the broken links in the Seitokai page?

A question for Sakamoto: can I pet you? :3
Josuke Uh, ah, ...

Midori Toady gets 2 Melon Pan deduction for asking the wrong person. To answer your question, the concern is mostly about mobile phone users as many still have cheap slow data plans. There were some complaints in 2015 as people thought they spent too much time looking for their arena of choice to vote in among 50+ arenas. Lighter avatar or lighter version probably won't help, because the real delay is sheer number of calls between server and the person's device, as the voting avatar size is pretty small already. To make the voting page lighter, you literally do need to lessen the number of arenas. To our best knowledge, number of pictures to load isn't a concern to most of the people, but there is that psychological burden from seeing a very lengthy page with lots and lots of faces. Oi-chan-senpai ?

Aoi The pictures... heh!!!

I will get working on this right away. Here, take the Sakamoto

Sakamoto You can pet me only if you give me a snack

ISML Seitokai
Seitokai
Seitokai

Post by ISML Seitokai » Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:49 pm

maglor wrote:
exec wrote: So I was thinking, which is weird, how about we release the results and posters simultaneously within a week separately from all other exhibition stuff, maybe even overlapping with the next period rounds? I mean It's going to be more interesting for people to not know when the posters will be out and we can get more lurkers for our sites looking for updates on posters. Also it's more feasible than finding more artists, on the other hand the more artists we can get the faster the release of the poster will be.

Kei This is an interesting idea, but will only work if majority of people are willing to accept delay in announcing of the necklace and pendant match results, even though it is plainly obvious that results are already determined and known to the vote checking group and poster group. I will ask the secretary Miyamori to investigate opening a poll to see how public likes this idea.

Azusa Mr. Vice President. All those people lurking might force us to upgrade our server. May I remind you how tight the budget is?

Kei Your concern is justifiable, but luckily President/Queen Fine already asked the magistrate for preliminary approval for increase in budget.
Aoi An update on the poll . President Fine wants to upgrade it to voter-wide survey instead of mere forum poll. We are still working on the details.
Toady
[School Idol Producer]
[School Idol Producer]
Badges:
Worships: Tsuruya-san
2017 Female Favorite: Nakano Azusa
Wish: A wedding for Nico & Maki

Post by Toady » Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:07 pm

Here is some gum Sakamoto, huhuhu :3
Much stuff (but Chibaka has more)Show
#Drunkard4Ever #ThanksKiwi
My Secret Santa is awesome :3

Hikarin <3
Thank you Secret Santa 2016 :3
ISML Seitokai
Seitokai
Seitokai

Post by ISML Seitokai » Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:24 pm

Toady wrote:Here is some gum Sakamoto, huhuhu :3
Kiwigiwi
[Apteryx mantelli]
[Apteryx mantelli]
Badges:
ImageImageImageImage
Worships: Alphinaud's carbuncle
Melon Pan: 81
2018 Female Favorite: Akemi Homura
2018 Male Favorite: Kūjō Jōtarō
2017 Female Favorite: Kirigiri Kyōko
2017 Male Favorite: Heiwajima Shizuo
Wish: ZackRay

Post by Kiwigiwi » Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:30 pm

Josuke: Marry me. This isn't a question

♡ Secret Santa Daisuki ♡
SecretsShow
♫ Much love to my secret santa of 2016 ♥
ISML Seitokai
Seitokai
Seitokai

Post by ISML Seitokai » Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:58 pm

Kiwigiwi wrote:Josuke: Marry me. This isn't a question
ISML Seitokai
Seitokai
Seitokai

Post by ISML Seitokai » Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:18 am

Midori : I think something just broke....
IGNITE
Railgun
Railgun
Worships: Air
Melon Pan: 268

Post by IGNITE » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:51 pm

1. Consider the low participation for Divine Circlet this year, especially the male division, will it still be on next year? If so then how will it go under the different options?
2. Will the seasonal stay as the same format?
Source ImageShow
Credit to the original Pixiv artists of source image used in the signatures
Amethyst
CandidatesBackgroundArtistCharacterArtist
Levi392186803436655
Toc
CandidatesBackgroundArtistCharacterArtist
Hikigaya Hachiman70858371163536
Oreki Houtarou6485042816154485
maglor
~Fukou da~
~Fukou da~
Badges:
ImageImage
Worships: Abriel Nei Debrusc Borl Paryun Lafiel
Melon Pan: 75
2019 Female Favorite: Sakurajima Mai
2019 Male Favorite: Archer
2018 Female Favorite: Chtholly Nota Seniorious
2018 Male Favorite: Yang Wenli
2017 Female Favorite: Tomori Nao
Wish: More people being open to alternatives and compromises.

Post by maglor » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:52 pm

IGNITE wrote:1. Consider the low participation for Divine Circlet this year, especially the male division, will it still be on next year? If so then how will it go under the different options?
2. Will the seasonal stay as the same format?

Midori : Eh, Divine Circlet and Crown poster contest was not so bad, given that over 40 posters were submitted in end. It also serves as a mean for, uhm, [reads the fine notes] recruiting mahou shoujos for the Art Team, according to the Art Team Q's leader B.[ scratches head ]. It also helps give the current art team members new inspirations for posters. Since the benefit cannot be measured simply by the numbers, the Seitokai has been advised to continue to Divine Circlet and Crown Poster Contest tradition. As for the seasonal, Oi-chan?

Miyamori Aoi : According to schedule simulations and study of the numbers, It is hard to change the seasonal format without massive restructuring of everything. Though Seitokai recognizes that current seasonal format do have many flaws, it accepts that the current format is currently the best compromise between competing needs and restrictions.

Josuke : I swear I just saw a white cat in the room a moment ago....
XIQQ
Nikuman
Nikuman
Badges:

Post by XIQQ » Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:18 am

Is it necessary to have 2 exhibition matches on every match day? 2 per day means 100+ over the entire year, which sounds awfully a lot...

Once we go to 7 or 8 groups per day, we have lots of slots for exhibition matches on days with fewer groups, and I think it's possible to finish all the seasonals & ToC solely in those days, even without the usual 2 exhibition matches.
maglor
~Fukou da~
~Fukou da~
Badges:
ImageImage

Post by maglor » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:23 am

XIQQ wrote:Is it necessary to have 2 exhibition matches on every match day? 2 per day means 100+ over the entire year, which sounds awfully a lot...

Once we go to 7 or 8 groups per day, we have lots of slots for exhibition matches on days with fewer groups, and I think it's possible to finish all the seasonals & ToC solely in those days, even without the usual 2 exhibition matches.
If we wish to avoid featuring a character more than once in a single match day, we need these events to be spread out over several match days. We don't have enough match days with the days of fewer groups.
XIQQ
Nikuman
Nikuman
Badges:

Post by XIQQ » Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:12 am

maglor wrote:
XIQQ wrote:Is it necessary to have 2 exhibition matches on every match day? 2 per day means 100+ over the entire year, which sounds awfully a lot...

If we wish to avoid featuring a character more than once in a single match day, we need these events to be spread out over several match days. We don't have enough match days with the days of fewer groups.
Assuming we have 7 groups as standard, which gives 42 matches per day. From Aquamarine to Emerald, there should be 30 days with 7 groups and 20 days with 6 groups, which already gives 20 days*3 matches per group*2 divisions=120 matches for exhibition. Ruby will be 6-group days, and Diamond will still be 4-group days as it is now. If you keep having 42 matches per day, this gives 5*3*2+5*(7-4)*3*2=120 matches for exhibition. This gives a total of 240 usable exhibition matches, and there should be more available on necklace matches and elimination stage I assume...

ToC this year used 12 matches. Next year there's one more male champion, so it'll be ~13 matches? Each seasonal needs 12 groups*3 matches per group+8 16-to-8 matches+4 quarterfinals+2 semifinals+final+3rd place=52 matches, so 4 seasonals mean 208 matches. 208+13=221<240, so...

"We don't have enough match days"...ah, but I thought none of the seasonals require many match days on principle? 3 days with 1 match from all 12 groups, 4 days for elimination, so a seasonal can be completed in as few as 7 match days. Unless we never hold different seasonals together, I don't see how it's a problem.
maglor
~Fukou da~
~Fukou da~
Badges:
ImageImage

Post by maglor » Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:44 am

XIQQ wrote:
maglor wrote:

Assuming we have 7 groups as standard, which gives 42 matches per day. From Aquamarine to Emerald, there should be 30 days with 7 groups and 20 days with 6 groups, which already gives 20 days*3 matches per group*2 divisions=120 matches for exhibition. Ruby will be 6-group days, and Diamond will still be 4-group days as it is now. If you keep having 42 matches per day, this gives 5*3*2+5*(7-4)*3*2=120 matches for exhibition. This gives a total of 240 usable exhibition matches, and there should be more available on necklace matches and elimination stage I assume...

ToC this year used 12 matches. Next year there's one more male champion, so it'll be ~13 matches? Each seasonal needs 12 groups*3 matches per group+8 16-to-8 matches+4 quarterfinals+2 semifinals+final+3rd place=52 matches, so 4 seasonals mean 208 matches. 208+13=221<240, so...

"We don't have enough match days"...ah, but I thought none of the seasonals require many match days on principle? 3 days with 1 match from all 12 groups, 4 days for elimination, so a seasonal can be completed in as few as 7 match days. Unless we never hold different seasonals together, I don't see how it's a problem.
Seasonal tournament cannot start before we get the nominations, tally it, and then make voting avatars. Therefore, Spring and Summer Seasonal cannot start before certain dates. Fall Seasonal is an exception, but it is a painful exception.