ISML 2011 Male Tournament

Discussions about the exhibition period, including the seasonal tournament, goes here.
User avatar
Eclairs
Shinigami
Shinigami
Posts: 2453
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:59 am
Worships: Tamura Manami // Nagato Yuki // Aisaka Taiga
Melon Pan: 50
Wish: MUFC to win the treble of Premier League, FA cup and UEFA Champions league in the 2013/2014 season.
Location: Somewhere under the warm and fuzzy sun

Re: ISML 2011 Bishōnen Tournament

Post by Eclairs » Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:08 pm

From the 4 groups : here are my almost locked votes .

grp 1 - might abstain this, but if not, Lavi. Not going to even bother voting for traps.
grp 2 - will definitely ABSTAIN . Setsuna's not cool enough, Kyon's too tsun and ikuto is ...
grp 13 - Gil Nightray ( Raven )
grp 14 - Hayato
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Thanks a lot to Hikari-Chan , Midnight-Jasper and ppizzapie for the awesome signatures and slivers.
"Take caution thy children, for thou art guilty of sin if thou does not fappeth to the lolis!" Bob 23:29-192
User avatar
Jeffrey-sama
Soul gem
Soul gem
Posts: 4347
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:51 pm
Melon Pan: 50
Wish: K-ON! Season 3
Location: AKB48 Theater
Contact:

Re: ISML 2011 Bishōnen Tournament

Post by Jeffrey-sama » Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:24 pm

i'll probably end up abstaining unless i know at least one of the characters. :/
User avatar
Cassiopeia
Combat butler
Combat butler
Posts: 1057
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:36 am
Worships: Tennos "A-tan" Athena
Melon Pan: 50
Location: Ontario, Canada
Contact:

Re: ISML 2011 Bishōnen Tournament

Post by Cassiopeia » Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:47 pm

ah my favourite bishies are yet to feature. Stay tuned for future updates!
Image Credit to Awesome Hikarin <3 ISML2011 FINAL <3
User avatar
Yakuman
Berserker
Berserker
Posts: 1329
Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:13 pm
Worships: Kurumi-sama *.*
Melon Pan: 50
Wish: more
Location: Budapest

Re: ISML 2011 Bishōnen Tournament

Post by Yakuman » Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:21 pm

I wish Satou-san would win but I guess he has no chance against Itachi. Hideyoshi vs Hayato seems to be a very interesting match-up.

I'm looking forward to this tournament even though I'm a guy xD
Hurry up and make a contract with me! ◕‿‿◕ ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
defeated but not forgotten favoritesShow
ImageImageImage
Materials used in the sig are courtesy of Marinara, ppizzapie, Hikari-chan and Annabloem
User avatar
Jack_Rav
Thaumaturge
Thaumaturge
Posts: 400
Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:06 pm
Melon Pan: 50
Wish: For both Kanade and Yuki to win a necklace this year. Wish granted! <3
Location: Sussex, England

Re: ISML 2011 Bishōnen Tournament

Post by Jack_Rav » Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:27 pm

Eclairs wrote: grp 2 - will definitely ABSTAIN . Setsuna's not cool enough, Kyon's too tsun and ikuto is ...
Woah, woah, woah, woah. *checks Worship list* Yeah...Taiga and Shana are there.... ._.
Image
Reminder: Start of November = ARIA. Hahi~
hinakatbklyn
Incubator
Incubator
Posts: 3720
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:07 pm
Melon Pan: 55

Re: ISML 2011 Bishōnen Tournament

Post by hinakatbklyn » Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:28 pm

Ciel, Kyon, Nightray and Hideyoshi. I know or am familiar with at least one in each group. That will at least convince me to stay for the bishie tournament... for now at least.
User avatar
Momento10
Electromaster
Electromaster
Posts: 6057
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 1:18 am
Badges:
ImageImageImageImage
Worships: Setsumi Sakura
Melon Pan: 88
2019 Female Favorite: Tōma Kazusa
2019 Male Favorite: Ayanokōji Kiyotaka
2018 Female Favorite: Nishimiya Shōko
2018 Male Favorite: Sagara Sōsuke
Wish: ISML - A new face for the champion.
KBM - to revive
AST - to encourage international participation
IRL - My definition of peace and tranquility.

Re: ISML 2011 Bishōnen Tournament

Post by Momento10 » Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:33 pm

So, ISML is also doing a mini male moe tournament. Definitely would be worth a try, as I would like to see how the world would vote for them. I have not seen guys before since Emerald 10 in 2009 (Excluding Hideyoshi vs Katanashi ex for that one time in 2010). Of course, vote number is now X times that of today, so it would be nice to get a refresh on how the world sees moe guys, not just Korea in general.
Image
User avatar
JLoable91
Shinigami
Shinigami
Posts: 2662
Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:38 pm
Worships: Izayoi Sakuya
Melon Pan: 50
Wish: Gotta nom 'em all!~
Location: Neo-Venezia
Contact:

Re: ISML 2011 Bishōnen Tournament

Post by JLoable91 » Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:37 pm

Momento10 wrote:So, ISML is also doing a mini male moe tournament. Definitely would be worth a try, as I would like to see how the world would vote for them. I have not seen guys before since Emerald 10 in 2009 (Excluding Hideyoshi vs Katanashi ex for that one time in 2010). Of course, vote number is now X times that of today, so it would be nice to get a refresh on how the world sees moe guys, not just Korea in general.
There was that male-exhibition match in Emerald 8
Image
User avatar
Momento10
Electromaster
Electromaster
Posts: 6057
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 1:18 am
Badges:
ImageImageImageImage
Worships: Setsumi Sakura
Melon Pan: 88
2019 Female Favorite: Tōma Kazusa
2019 Male Favorite: Ayanokōji Kiyotaka
2018 Female Favorite: Nishimiya Shōko
2018 Male Favorite: Sagara Sōsuke
Wish: ISML - A new face for the champion.
KBM - to revive
AST - to encourage international participation
IRL - My definition of peace and tranquility.

Re: ISML 2011 Bishōnen Tournament

Post by Momento10 » Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:54 pm

^That also is excluded because the guys there are not gar/moe enough. Except for Negi.
Image
User avatar
Chocola
Hikarin's Kitty
Hikarin's Kitty
Posts: 7457
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:31 am
Worships: Kousaka Reina
Melon Pan: 50
Wish: Hikachu to not hate me

Re: ISML 2011 Bishōnen Tournament

Post by Chocola » Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:58 pm

Did we also forget our first ever mixed-gender match (uh, non-animal) in ISML?
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
MAL Ratings ISML Chat, Saimoe Blog, Saimoe Wiki
A tall, towering wall looms in front of me. Beyond that is something that I could never to see on my own.
And that is...the view from the top.
User avatar
Elvinsky
Spirit hunter
Spirit hunter
Posts: 2073
Joined: Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:30 am
Melon Pan: 50

Re: ISML 2011 Bishōnen Tournament

Post by Elvinsky » Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:59 pm

Moe bishonen? Waver Velvet. Even if it's only in an exhibition match.

And for a more proper exhibition match, I'd like to suggest Tomoki Sakurai vs. Rito Yuuki...in their genderbent forms... :lol:
"Rip and Tear. Rip and tear until it's done."
Image
"To the good people I met on this site (Kordosa, Minhtam, Crisu, Maglor, Desufire, Momo, Marinara, Midnight-Jasper, Hikarin, Momento10, Shiraoky, Alex, Bastion, Superunature, Demi., Sedon, xcrossfacekillahx, Silver21, CureRainbow) thank you for the nice memories."
User avatar
Eclairs
Shinigami
Shinigami
Posts: 2453
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:59 am
Worships: Tamura Manami // Nagato Yuki // Aisaka Taiga
Melon Pan: 50
Wish: MUFC to win the treble of Premier League, FA cup and UEFA Champions league in the 2013/2014 season.
Location: Somewhere under the warm and fuzzy sun

Re: ISML 2011 Bishōnen Tournament

Post by Eclairs » Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:09 pm

Jack_Rav wrote:
Eclairs wrote: grp 2 - will definitely ABSTAIN . Setsuna's not cool enough, Kyon's too tsun and ikuto is ...
Woah, woah, woah, woah. *checks Worship list* Yeah...Taiga and Shana are there.... ._.
For girls, tsundere-ness is ok i think. But not for guys. This is totally my taste, some may disapprove. And I like Taiga + Shana not because of them being tsundere, but more because of them being kugyuu and their overall package.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Thanks a lot to Hikari-Chan , Midnight-Jasper and ppizzapie for the awesome signatures and slivers.
"Take caution thy children, for thou art guilty of sin if thou does not fappeth to the lolis!" Bob 23:29-192
User avatar
Alwerien
Artisan
Artisan
Posts: 249
Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:25 pm
Badges:
Image
Worships: Patchouli Knowledge
Melon Pan: 50
Wish: ...i-it's a secret.
Location: Under your bed~
Contact:

Re: ISML 2011 Bishōnen Tournament

Post by Alwerien » Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:14 pm

Eclairs wrote:
Jack_Rav wrote:
Eclairs wrote: grp 2 - will definitely ABSTAIN . Setsuna's not cool enough, Kyon's too tsun and ikuto is ...
Woah, woah, woah, woah. *checks Worship list* Yeah...Taiga and Shana are there.... ._.
For girls, tsundere-ness is ok i think. But not for guys. This is totally my taste, some may disapprove. And I like Taiga + Shana not because of them being tsundere, but more because of them being kugyuu and their overall package.
Somehow I have always found tsundere boys cute and most tsundere girls annoying (of course, with some exceptions). I guess this is very individual.
Friends share your interests. REAL friends share your perversions~
Image
Is it bishie tournament yet? No? Gee, what did you wake me up for?
User avatar
imbehindyou
Time traveler
Time traveler
Posts: 1558
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:33 am
Worships: Rena
Melon Pan: 50
Wish: Becoming Pokemon Master.  Wishes for: Becoming teh Master Hater.  Wishes for: James' Victreebel & Mime Jr. Secret Identity: I am a robot. 
Location: behind you

Re: ISML 2011 Bishōnen Tournament

Post by imbehindyou » Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:13 pm

Alwerien wrote:
Eclairs wrote:
Jack_Rav wrote:
Eclairs wrote: grp 2 - will definitely ABSTAIN . Setsuna's not cool enough, Kyon's too tsun and ikuto is ...
Woah, woah, woah, woah. *checks Worship list* Yeah...Taiga and Shana are there.... ._.
For girls, tsundere-ness is ok i think. But not for guys. This is totally my taste, some may disapprove. And I like Taiga + Shana not because of them being tsundere, but more because of them being kugyuu and their overall package.
Somehow I have always found tsundere boys cute and most tsundere girls annoying (of course, with some exceptions). I guess this is very individual.
ditto. well, guess me being a girl influences my preferences.
Image
User avatar
chaosprophet
Shinigami
Shinigami
Posts: 2415
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:33 pm
Badges:
Image
Worships: Evangeline McDowell
Melon Pan: 50
Wish: Future UQ Holder anime adaptation is done right.
Location: Brasil
Contact:

Re: ISML 2011 Bishōnen Tournament

Post by chaosprophet » Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:28 pm

imbehindyou wrote:
Alwerien wrote:
Eclairs wrote:
Jack_Rav wrote:
Eclairs wrote: grp 2 - will definitely ABSTAIN . Setsuna's not cool enough, Kyon's too tsun and ikuto is ...
Woah, woah, woah, woah. *checks Worship list* Yeah...Taiga and Shana are there.... ._.
For girls, tsundere-ness is ok i think. But not for guys. This is totally my taste, some may disapprove. And I like Taiga + Shana not because of them being tsundere, but more because of them being kugyuu and their overall package.
Somehow I have always found tsundere boys cute and most tsundere girls annoying (of course, with some exceptions). I guess this is very individual.
ditto. well, guess me being a girl influences my preferences.
My case is the opposite, I like many females characters with the tsundere character trait, but don't like that on male characters. Another example is that loli is a + point for me, while shota is a - point.

For me female characters have a bigger range of traits, designs, etc that I like compared to male ones. But can't thnk of anythign I dislike in a female character that I would like in a male one.
Image
User avatar
Tenshiholic
Dojikko
Dojikko
Posts: 153
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:57 pm
Worships: Hanazawa Kana
Melon Pan: 50
Wish: A world of peace!
Location: Canada

Re: ISML 2011 Bishōnen Tournament

Post by Tenshiholic » Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:00 pm

JLoable91 wrote:Okabe Rintarou (Steins;Gate), Okazaki Tomoya (CLANNAD), Elliot Nightray (Pandora Heart)... If they were in it...
also should add Otonashi Yuzuru (Angel Beats), Orimura Ichika (IS), Ouma Shu (Guilty Crown), Tanemura Kouichi (Hanasaku Iroha)
Image
User avatar
Momento10
Electromaster
Electromaster
Posts: 6057
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 1:18 am
Badges:
ImageImageImageImage
Worships: Setsumi Sakura
Melon Pan: 88
2019 Female Favorite: Tōma Kazusa
2019 Male Favorite: Ayanokōji Kiyotaka
2018 Female Favorite: Nishimiya Shōko
2018 Male Favorite: Sagara Sōsuke
Wish: ISML - A new face for the champion.
KBM - to revive
AST - to encourage international participation
IRL - My definition of peace and tranquility.

Re: ISML 2011 Bishōnen Tournament

Post by Momento10 » Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:10 pm

I would rather ask for who were the 96 guys that the staff decided on rather than a wish for certain males to appear, but that probably will not be answered.
Image
User avatar
Bastion
Titan
Titan
Posts: 5614
Joined: Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:58 am
Badges:
Image
Melon Pan: 50
Wish: People who actually want to do their jobs.
Location: existing
Contact:

Re: ISML 2011 Bishōnen Tournament

Post by Bastion » Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:25 pm

I would guess that I know well at least two of the guys considered for this tournament.
HnG statementShow
It would be amusing if we'd taken the (almost canon) switch of Hayate being in the moe and Hinagiku being the GAR.
Also, hints of Hayate being Tsun exist as well (in regards to his male admirer, making my sig quote further amusing).
Jamie AB is open for business. How would you like your hare-brained scheme?
Confusing statements are fun :p
Medaka Kurokami wrote:People aren't meant to protect the rules, rules are meant to protect people
(*'////'*)
SpoilerShow
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
http://i979.photobucket.com/albums/ae27 ... nner-1.png" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;[/img]

ImageImage
*Puts Nagi behind the drums and Hinagiku at the front with the mike and a guitar*
Banners made by Midnight Jasper & Marinara
Kordosa wrote:I can just imagine all of the Hinagiku facepalming moments. That alone is worth it.
HnG chapter 333 pg 9 wrote:She (Hinagiku) realized an incredibly obvious but oft overlooked point: One had to read the manga before they could give their judgment of it.
ithekro wrote:Remember you aren't allowed to use your powers for evil.
With great power comes great responsibility
Absolute power corrupts absolutely
Tomoya Okazaki wrote:Can I beat you until you're motionless?
MegaTokyo wrote:Some of us are just a little more screwed up than others.
Saber (maglor) wrote:It is not how much, but it is where the king spends that tells what kind of king he is.
Rito wrote:Men don't decide whether they like someone or not based solely on breast size.
Kordosa wrote:Boy, I really need to learn to keep my questions to myself. It only makes things worse.
The lunatics around you are once again doing something to lower your opinion of human intelligence. ~Face Palm
Your sense of time tells you how much of your life has been wasted because you didn't take us at our word. ~Cracked.com
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Image
Azu-nyan, Hina-chan, Aoyama-chan and Subaru-nyan-chan
User avatar
shiraoky
Electromaster
Electromaster
Posts: 6105
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:17 am
Worships: the rwby ladies <3
Melon Pan: 50
Wish: more time to laze around and have fun!
Location: Candyland!
Contact:

Re: ISML 2011 Bishōnen Tournament

Post by shiraoky » Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:13 am

chaosprophet wrote:
imbehindyou wrote:
Alwerien wrote:
Eclairs wrote:
Jack_Rav wrote:
Eclairs wrote: grp 2 - will definitely ABSTAIN . Setsuna's not cool enough, Kyon's too tsun and ikuto is ...
Woah, woah, woah, woah. *checks Worship list* Yeah...Taiga and Shana are there.... ._.
For girls, tsundere-ness is ok i think. But not for guys. This is totally my taste, some may disapprove. And I like Taiga + Shana not because of them being tsundere, but more because of them being kugyuu and their overall package.
Somehow I have always found tsundere boys cute and most tsundere girls annoying (of course, with some exceptions). I guess this is very individual.
ditto. well, guess me being a girl influences my preferences.
My case is the opposite, I like many females characters with the tsundere character trait, but don't like that on male characters. Another example is that loli is a + point for me, while shota is a - point.

For me female characters have a bigger range of traits, designs, etc that I like compared to male ones. But can't thnk of anythign I dislike in a female character that I would like in a male one.
Well, I like some tsundere girls to some extent. But tsundere boys are so cute<3
Image
Thanks to M-J for the beautiful sigs<3~!
User avatar
Hikari-chan
Kholdy's Master
Kholdy's Master
Posts: 1183
Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:03 am
Badges:
ImageImageImageImageImage
Worships: rider ♥ sinon ♥
Melon Pan: 110
2019 Female Favorite: Sakurajima Mai
2019 Male Favorite: Kageyama Shigeo
2018 Female Favorite: Asada Shino
2018 Male Favorite: Levi
Wish: being able to make everyone around me happier in some way
Location: Gummyland
Contact:

Re: ISML 2011 Bishōnen Tournament

Post by Hikari-chan » Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:19 am

Eater-of-All wrote:Since it's pretty much a for-fun side tournament, the rules are different enough that I don't have to stick with voting for moe (nor am I really familiar with assessing moe in dudes in the first place ._. ). So I'll be voting based on GAR, personality, uniqueness, awesome meter, etc.
Aw, but Eater, you're 100% moe. :bigsmile:

Tenshiholic wrote:
JLoable91 wrote:Okabe Rintarou (Steins;Gate), Okazaki Tomoya (CLANNAD), Elliot Nightray (Pandora Heart)... If they were in it...
also should add Otonashi Yuzuru (Angel Beats), Orimura Ichika (IS), Ouma Shu (Guilty Crown), Tanemura Kouichi (Hanasaku Iroha)
Don't look down now! There are many more groups to come, so maybe you'll find the characters you like there! ^^;

thank you so much to my wonderful santa! <3
mal | twitter
Locked