RESULTS: 2013 Grand Finale

Discussions about the exhibition period, including the seasonal tournament, goes here.
hinakatbklyn
Incubator
Incubator
Posts: 3720
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:07 pm
Melon Pan: 55

Re: RESULTS: 2013 Grand Finale

Post by hinakatbklyn » Tue Dec 31, 2013 6:16 am

- Last Order at 31st..... didn't stop Railgun from being the only one to pass 1,000 votes.
- Ruri also reached the top 5 so that makes two excellent choices at or near the top.
- Even as a TLR supporter, I thought having 4 reps would create a split. Instead, M. Deviluke still managed a tie for 24th. Even Mikan at 60th still managed votes. Don't know if TLR's time has passed just yet, it's a wait and see as to if there will be any reps next year. (There was another Darkness OVA and the manga is still active)
- One win for Izumi Konata in 2013, and she still managed 37th.
User avatar
10ZHAbin
Spirit hunter
Spirit hunter
Posts: 2161
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:13 am
Badges:
ImageImage
Worships: Leina
Melon Pan: 50
Location: Otaku Community

Re: RESULTS: 2013 Grand Finale

Post by 10ZHAbin » Tue Dec 31, 2013 6:26 am

Desufire wrote: Yes, Touka made it into Postseason, but it was probably only on series hype, and I don't think she's going to get into ISML again next year judging by the seasonals.
Chuunibyou is getting a season 2 next year early in winter and she's auto-qualifified, so who knows, if it is good enough Sanae might squeeze in as well as Touka staying for another year.
User avatar
Desufire
Shinigami
Shinigami
Posts: 2633
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:14 pm
Badges:
Image
Worships: Orihime Inoue
Melon Pan: 60
Wish: For sugar to not be unhealthy, and campaigning to be easier
Location: Vancouver

Re: RESULTS: 2013 Grand Finale

Post by Desufire » Tue Dec 31, 2013 6:34 am

10ZHAbin wrote:
Desufire wrote: Yes, Touka made it into Postseason, but it was probably only on series hype, and I don't think she's going to get into ISML again next year judging by the seasonals.
Chuunibyou is getting a season 2 next year early in winter and she's auto-qualifified, so who knows, if it is good enough Sanae might suqeeze in as well as Touka staying for another year.
Right, I forgot that Chuu2 was getting another season during prelims. Okay strike Touka off the fail list.
Image
User avatar
Tim
Befriender
Befriender
Posts: 200
Joined: Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:11 pm
Melon Pan: 50
Wish: Shana be one of the happiest girls in the world.
Location: Taiwan

Re: RESULTS: 2013 Grand Finale

Post by Tim » Tue Dec 31, 2013 6:48 am

Shana got a 3rd place~ :smile:
That is a good news for me on the last day of 2013.
Thanks for everyone supporting her until now~ ;)
How can't you like this girl?Image
User avatar
kukimunstir
~Moon Rider~
~Moon Rider~
Posts: 2914
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:41 am
Badges:
ImageImageImage
Melon Pan: 211
2018 Female Favorite: Diamond
2018 Male Favorite: Ciel Phantomhive
Wish: to not get what i don't deserve & wildin'
Contact:

Re: RESULTS: 2013 Grand Finale

Post by kukimunstir » Tue Dec 31, 2013 7:30 am

lo really deserved that :D
i just noticed that mashiro > ruri , interesting.
to those other 20 who voted kihi-tan i really want to know who you are and i wanna hug youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
Image
After all, to me the most important thing is that you're truthful - claire.
User avatar
akumaxx
Puella magi
Puella magi
Posts: 4822
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2010 2:09 pm
Melon Pan: 50
Wish: An ISML without harmonics
Location: Realm of Deceit

Re: RESULTS: 2013 Grand Finale

Post by akumaxx » Tue Dec 31, 2013 7:36 am

The good thing is, except the two major suckers, all other are out of top 10.

Prepare for next year with all Stella losers.
== Low Activity ==
Current Soul: 269
Newest cards of Saimoe set: (Resized for signature use)
Previous cardsShow
User avatar
HeartClover
Space cowboy
Space cowboy
Posts: 2997
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:57 pm
Worships: Audrey Hepburn
Melon Pan: 50
Wish: adventure
Location: the internet

Re: RESULTS: 2013 Grand Finale

Post by HeartClover » Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:41 am

victorique both did better than i expected <3
Image
Thanks to my lovely Emjayfor the sig~
User avatar
Kordosa
Soul gem
Soul gem
Posts: 4071
Joined: Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:35 am
Worships: Moriya Suwako's hat
Melon Pan: 50
2019 Female Favorite: Sakurajima Mai
2019 Male Favorite: Eugeo
2018 Female Favorite: Yamada Elf
2018 Male Favorite: Willem Kmetsch
2017 Female Favorite: Darkness
2017 Male Favorite: Roy Mustang
Wish: A third season of Spice and Wolf.
Location: Mississippi, USA
Contact:

Re: RESULTS: 2013 Grand Finale

Post by Kordosa » Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:36 am

Dunno if I should be surprised at the results...

Someone should make a super duper bar chart for added impact.
QuotesShow
Cirno wrote:*sinister laugh* Winning by only 47 votes is all part of my master plan. Now everyone will think I'm weak when, in fact, I'm the strongest. And then, when they least expect it, I'll strike back and take over the entire ISML. It's foolproof. Hahahaha, I'm such a genius!
Crisu wrote:And, of course, never merge an anti-cookie with a normal cookie. Serious consequence will occur.
shiraoky wrote:I'm always squeeing lol.
Metaler wrote:Seriously, if you're gonna do something badly, then don't bother doing it. It's like when you take a dump: you don't show it to other people specifically because it's shit!
Kordosa wrote:Protip: If a male high school student character is voiced by a female seiyuu, there is a 100% probability that that character will be forced to crossdress at some point.
Jiharo
Void mage
Void mage
Posts: 1481
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:23 pm
Melon Pan: 50

Re: RESULTS: 2013 Grand Finale

Post by Jiharo » Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:08 am

Shit results.

Am only glad Eru didn't fare too badly.
kuuderes_shadow
Dancer
Dancer
Posts: 87
Joined: Fri May 11, 2012 10:22 am
Worships: Tōyoko Momoko
Melon Pan: 50

Re: RESULTS: 2013 Grand Finale

Post by kuuderes_shadow » Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:18 am

Desufire wrote: 61 - Yozora - She got in on series hype. No one likes Yozora. Doubt she'll return.
You doubt she'll return? To the regular season?

And I take slight offence at that "No one likes Yozora" statement. Could just as well say "noone likes Sena" given that her result doesn't exactly do well compared to her 1v1 match record either. Fact is that both will return - the fact that all three of the characters from that series did badly on this poll compared to their usual performance just shows that people who don't see them as their absolute favourite are nonetheless happy to vote for them. That's not something that's going to collapse suddenly as a result of this poll.

Just like the fact that those characters with small, die-hard fandoms who do comparatively well at this poll aren't showing signs that they're going to explode in popularity.

Then again, this result has disillusioned me slightly - given how passionately haganai fans are about defending their favourite characters from the series (and attacking those they don't like), I had thought that the characters from the series would do better in a poll like this than they did.

But anyway, given that in the prelims (and prelims alone) last year Yozora was the 10th strongest character in Nova, and all three haganai characters passed through comfortably in stage one, it would take a massive drop in strength for any of them to not appear in the regular season next year.
Ren-chon for tiara.
16 supports for each halfShow
Nova:
Miyauchi Renge
Himeragi Yukina
*Aoyama Nanami*
Inaba Himeko
Ichijou Hotaru
*Yatogami Tohka*
*Itsuka Kotori*
Yukihira Furano
Shiomiya Shiori
Shirakiin Ririchiyo
Yuuouji Ouka
Mikasa Ackerman
*Tokisaki Kurumi*
Natsume Rin
Hiradaira Chisaki
Koshigaya Komari
Stella:
*Shiina Mashiro*
*Hasegawa Kobato*
*Kashiwazaki Sena*
Akemi Homura
Ikaros
*Touwa Erio*
*Mikazuki Yozora*
*Tachibana Kanade*
Kuroi Mato
Furukawa Nagisa
Ichinose Kotomi
*Hirasawa Yui*
*Nakano Azusa*
*Eucliwood Hellscythe*
*Nagato Yuki*
*Suzumiya Haruhi*
Let's see how long they last... Ones marked with stars are in RS.
User avatar
Elvinsky
Spirit hunter
Spirit hunter
Posts: 2073
Joined: Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:30 am
Melon Pan: 50

Re: RESULTS: 2013 Grand Finale

Post by Elvinsky » Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:37 am

Well, I'm just glad that Kud didn't get a single-digit vote. (Can't say the same for Ui...)

And Nyaruko gets the ultimate answer to life, the universe and everything. :lol:
"Rip and Tear. Rip and tear until it's done."
Image
"To the good people I met on this site (Kordosa, Minhtam, Crisu, Maglor, Desufire, Momo, Marinara, Midnight-Jasper, Hikarin, Momento10, Shiraoky, Alex, Bastion, Superunature, Demi., Sedon, xcrossfacekillahx, Silver21, CureRainbow) thank you for the nice memories."
User avatar
Desufire
Shinigami
Shinigami
Posts: 2633
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:14 pm
Badges:
Image
Worships: Orihime Inoue
Melon Pan: 60
Wish: For sugar to not be unhealthy, and campaigning to be easier
Location: Vancouver

Re: RESULTS: 2013 Grand Finale

Post by Desufire » Tue Dec 31, 2013 5:18 pm

kuuderes_shadow wrote:
Desufire wrote: 61 - Yozora - She got in on series hype. No one likes Yozora. Doubt she'll return.
You doubt she'll return? To the regular season?

And I take slight offence at that "No one likes Yozora" statement. Could just as well say "noone likes Sena" given that her result doesn't exactly do well compared to her 1v1 match record either. Fact is that both will return - the fact that all three of the characters from that series did badly on this poll compared to their usual performance just shows that people who don't see them as their absolute favourite are nonetheless happy to vote for them. That's not something that's going to collapse suddenly as a result of this poll.

Just like the fact that those characters with small, die-hard fandoms who do comparatively well at this poll aren't showing signs that they're going to explode in popularity.

Then again, this result has disillusioned me slightly - given how passionately haganai fans are about defending their favourite characters from the series (and attacking those they don't like), I had thought that the characters from the series would do better in a poll like this than they did.

But anyway, given that in the prelims (and prelims alone) last year Yozora was the 10th strongest character in Nova, and all three haganai characters passed through comfortably in stage one, it would take a massive drop in strength for any of them to not appear in the regular season next year.
Last year during prelims Haganai had the help of a currently airing series. That is why Yozora got through in round 1. She was also auto-qualified meaning that we didn't see how her nominations would have gone.
Image
User avatar
Momento10
Electromaster
Electromaster
Posts: 6049
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 1:18 am
Badges:
ImageImageImageImage
Worships: Setsumi Sakura
Melon Pan: 88
2018 Female Favorite: Nishimiya Shōko
2018 Male Favorite: Sagara Sōsuke
2017 Female Favorite: Megumin
2017 Male Favorite: Zen Wistalia
Wish: ISML - A new face for the champion.
KBM - to revive
AST - to encourage international participation
IRL - My definition of peace and tranquility.

Re: RESULTS: 2013 Grand Finale

Post by Momento10 » Tue Dec 31, 2013 5:46 pm

This is all speculation and out of the head thinking.

Since I have nothing to reference to, and I have a slight memory of what the results are, I do remember that we had roughly 9000 distinct voters out there, assuming that none of them are multivotes or bots. From here, we can determine roughly the number of votes a girl will have, regardless of outside voters. From this, we can conclude that Mikoto is probably the most supported character of all the characters. Having 1000 core voters is nothing to sneeze at, as it is a detrimental factor in what am make her or break her. We can also conclude that her losses, as well as other character losses in general, come from how much more one can sway from the other pool of people who have other core characters. You'd also think that someone like Mikoto should be able to trash the likes of Ui by a high percentage (Namely over 90%) but this is not true mostly due to K-On! support or possible sympathy votes to lover that count to a smaller percentage (I don't remember exactly what the percentage is). This also proves that faction voting plays a recent role in why certain characters win or lose by an estimated percentage.

I remember Kholdstare88 commented on the high ranking of Last Order. Last Order's placement proves that picture voting exists to some extent. There are still people out there who mistake Last Order's image for Mikoto's, even if their names are clearly different. It's also possible that she actually has core voters and is not riding on the Toaru wave, of which I do not know.

I find it amazing that Shana still has a decent core voting population in comparison to the rest. Having a similar core group with Kanade, of which both can be argued to have votes stripped off from seiyuu and same anime, you'd think that both characters should be equally matched against each other if they went 1v1. The fact that it is slightly lopsided shows how dominant the HanaKana/Angel Beats! faction is in their support campaign more so than factions Shana can benefit from, namely KugiRie. It is also to no surprise that, if we were to distribute the playing field at a large free-for-all level, that single representation characters do better than multiple characters of the same series. This is proof from girls like Homura, C.C., and even Holo to an extent, have core voters better than the second most popular character of a series, yet do poorly on 1v1 because they do not have as many connections as those other girls who are riding on the same series wave. Girls like Inori and Kurisu are probably the most "normal" characters in this tournament, "normal" meaning that their core voter pool roughly reflects their overall standing in regular season. Despite this, is it a shame to see Inori at borderline Top 8 yet not reaching there, but more so on Kurisu's part, who's borderline Top 16, but never reaching it. At least Inori had two years of PS experience in comparison to Kurisu, who has none.

Probably the least surprising of all of this is the relationship between girls of the same series with multiple representations over these results. We see how much care, or little of it, the 3rd/4th/5th girls rank above everyone else, which clearly shows who among the faction the people support. To assume that this is reflective of their RS status may be pushing it. At most, this can be used somewhat as a rough estimate of who is going to be in the preliminary phase and what the nomination stage for these characters is going to look like. 1v1 regular season, or post season for that matter, has multiple things happening to judge the reasons why matches go certain ways.
Last edited by Momento10 on Tue Dec 31, 2013 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
User avatar
Crisu
Wan Wan Wan
Wan Wan Wan
Posts: 2010
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:09 am
Badges:
ImageImage
Worships: Kinomoto Sakura
Melon Pan: 50
Wish: Fluency in Japanese
Location: USA
Contact:

Re: RESULTS: 2013 Grand Finale

Post by Crisu » Tue Dec 31, 2013 5:48 pm

To view these results, see the 2013 Exhibition portal and choose "Bonus" in the round selector.

http://2013.internationalsaimoe.com/sta ... xhibition/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Image
ImageImage
Image
Signature by Hikari-chan
User avatar
avery-kun
Moon princess
Moon princess
Posts: 3128
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:25 am
Badges:
ImageImageImage
Worships: Berserker!
Melon Pan: 135
2017 Female Favorite: Illyasviel Von Einzbern
2017 Male Favorite: Gilgamesh
Wish: Illya 2017!

Re: RESULTS: 2013 Grand Finale

Post by avery-kun » Tue Dec 31, 2013 6:46 pm

Glad my queen won this in a landslide.

Too bad the results are too much out of whack to really reflect the girls' strengths.
Image
User avatar
HasbeenaHibiki
Space cowboy
Space cowboy
Posts: 2957
Joined: Wed May 25, 2011 5:37 pm
Badges:
Image
Worships: セニョール・ハズビーナ, ティエリア・アーデ, ダークライ,天ノ川 きらら,紅城 トワ
Melon Pan: 201
2019 Female Favorite: Platelet
2019 Male Favorite: Bakugō Katsuki
2018 Female Favorite: Kurumizawa Satanichia McDowell
2018 Male Favorite: Bakugō Katsuki
2017 Female Favorite: Yazawa Nico
2017 Male Favorite: Reigen Arataka
Wish: A precure making it in ISML and a very popular male Saimoe. Also a Mucha Lucha anime. Darkrai in Saimoe

Re: RESULTS: 2013 Grand Finale

Post by HasbeenaHibiki » Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:51 pm

Desufire wrote:
kuuderes_shadow wrote:
Desufire wrote: 61 - Yozora - She got in on series hype. No one likes Yozora. Doubt she'll return.
You doubt she'll return? To the regular season?

And I take slight offence at that "No one likes Yozora" statement. Could just as well say "noone likes Sena" given that her result doesn't exactly do well compared to her 1v1 match record either. Fact is that both will return - the fact that all three of the characters from that series did badly on this poll compared to their usual performance just shows that people who don't see them as their absolute favourite are nonetheless happy to vote for them. That's not something that's going to collapse suddenly as a result of this poll.

Just like the fact that those characters with small, die-hard fandoms who do comparatively well at this poll aren't showing signs that they're going to explode in popularity.

Then again, this result has disillusioned me slightly - given how passionately haganai fans are about defending their favourite characters from the series (and attacking those they don't like), I had thought that the characters from the series would do better in a poll like this than they did.

But anyway, given that in the prelims (and prelims alone) last year Yozora was the 10th strongest character in Nova, and all three haganai characters passed through comfortably in stage one, it would take a massive drop in strength for any of them to not appear in the regular season next year.
Last year during prelims Haganai had the help of a currently airing series. That is why Yozora got through in round 1. She was also auto-qualified meaning that we didn't see how her nominations would have gone.
I agree on this about Yozora last year. Even if Yozora miraculously makes it in 2014 she's probably going to have 0-8 wins out of 35. I don't think Yozora not making it in is a massive drop of strength because a good chunk of Stella contestants who are most likely to be in are at least 2-5 times stronger than her.
Image
User avatar
Momento10
Electromaster
Electromaster
Posts: 6049
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 1:18 am
Badges:
ImageImageImageImage
Worships: Setsumi Sakura
Melon Pan: 88
2018 Female Favorite: Nishimiya Shōko
2018 Male Favorite: Sagara Sōsuke
2017 Female Favorite: Megumin
2017 Male Favorite: Zen Wistalia
Wish: ISML - A new face for the champion.
KBM - to revive
AST - to encourage international participation
IRL - My definition of peace and tranquility.

Re: RESULTS: 2013 Grand Finale

Post by Momento10 » Wed Jan 01, 2014 3:42 am

^I second that notion. There is a good chance that Yozora will be here for another year, even if she becomes 5-7 tier fodder.
Image
User avatar
LOveLive!
[HUMAN SEQUENCER]
[HUMAN SEQUENCER]
Posts: 3906
Joined: Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:57 pm
Badges:
ImageImage
Worships: Dante, Traveler of the Burning Abyss
Melon Pan: 306
Wish: To do IIDX well
Location: KONMAI

Re: RESULTS: 2013 Grand Finale

Post by LOveLive! » Wed Jan 01, 2014 5:22 am

I think even Kanade would not be able to beat Mikoto on 1 vs 1 match if there is no variable.

However, ISML is not 'Solo playing'. Unlike AST and KBM, which have 1~2 matches a day, ISML has a variety of matches at once. So there appears combo-votings in ISML far more than AST or KBM. Most ISML voters do not support only one contestant, for example, Kanade supporters support also Eu, Kuroneko, Mashiro, and so on, on the other hand, Shana supporters do also Taiga, Haruhi, etc.. Like this, ISML contestants are usually fighting by allying with other similar-type chars. I surmise Mikoto's falling in 2013 Post Season is caused from Kuroneko and Eu(or Ayase)'s lethal combo attack. It is probable Kanade couldn't be the strongest char without Kuroneko, Eu, and other 2011 char's exploits. Perhaps Kanade's loss to Shana in 2011 Post Season might be because Kanade tried to dominate the battlefield alone by constraint.

This year, Mikoto fans(in facebook) made 'enemies' theirselves by insulting opponents fans, forcing pepole to vote Mikoto, or not accepting other contestants, and these resulted in her empty hands, and poor performance in Post Season. The conclusion is, I would like to say "For even the strongest char, even the char with new anime materials(2nd or 3rd season), making 'companions' is the way to victory, while making 'enemies' is the way to fall".
kuuderes_shadow
Dancer
Dancer
Posts: 87
Joined: Fri May 11, 2012 10:22 am
Worships: Tōyoko Momoko
Melon Pan: 50

Re: RESULTS: 2013 Grand Finale

Post by kuuderes_shadow » Wed Jan 01, 2014 9:30 am

I never said she would do well when she does make it in. I just can't see her failing to make it in the first place.

EDIT: on going through the candidates, I would put her on about 32nd in order of likelihood of being in regular season. If I'm right then, while she should get in, there is a very good chance that she won't - I see 48 characters who stand a reasonable chance of getting into the regular season. 18 of those are pretty much dead certs. So that's 30 competitors for the other 18 places, with Yozora in about the middle of the group. Incidentally, I put Sena towards the top of that same group, and Kobato towards the bottom of the dead certs list. This is just done by eye but I think I'm reasonably good at judging these sorts of things. I would be very surprised if fewer than 17 of the dead certs made it in, or if more than 1 outside that group of 48 did.
Ren-chon for tiara.
16 supports for each halfShow
Nova:
Miyauchi Renge
Himeragi Yukina
*Aoyama Nanami*
Inaba Himeko
Ichijou Hotaru
*Yatogami Tohka*
*Itsuka Kotori*
Yukihira Furano
Shiomiya Shiori
Shirakiin Ririchiyo
Yuuouji Ouka
Mikasa Ackerman
*Tokisaki Kurumi*
Natsume Rin
Hiradaira Chisaki
Koshigaya Komari
Stella:
*Shiina Mashiro*
*Hasegawa Kobato*
*Kashiwazaki Sena*
Akemi Homura
Ikaros
*Touwa Erio*
*Mikazuki Yozora*
*Tachibana Kanade*
Kuroi Mato
Furukawa Nagisa
Ichinose Kotomi
*Hirasawa Yui*
*Nakano Azusa*
*Eucliwood Hellscythe*
*Nagato Yuki*
*Suzumiya Haruhi*
Let's see how long they last... Ones marked with stars are in RS.
Jiharo
Void mage
Void mage
Posts: 1481
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:23 pm
Melon Pan: 50

Re: RESULTS: 2013 Grand Finale

Post by Jiharo » Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:08 pm

LOveLive! wrote: Unlike AST and KBM, which have 1~2 matches a day, ISML has a variety of matches at once.
I don't know about KBM but I remembered AST having more than 2 matches a day. I participated in AST till the end of Round 2.
Locked