2015 Exhibition Idea Drop Box

Discussions about the exhibition period, including the seasonal tournament, goes here.
smartboyhw
[Future Overlord]
[Future Overlord]
Badges:
ImageImage
Worships: Isshiki Iroha
Melon Pan: 0
2018 Female Favorite: Isshiki Iroha
2018 Male Favorite: Killua Zoldyck
2017 Female Favorite: Isshiki Iroha
2017 Male Favorite: Killua Zoldyck
Wish: Shichimiya Satone, Aoyama Nanami and Nakano Azusa to win an ISML prize, Inaba Himeko to win BGC and live in Sakura-sō

Re: 2015 Exhibition Idea Drop Box

Post by smartboyhw » Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:35 am

Momento10 wrote:I hope this does not turn into another Hayate no Gotoku discussion...
Blame Bastion.
ImageImage

Let me teach you something: We humans... Even for 10 minutes... We cannot even wait that long! - Nakamura Yuri, Angel Beats!
Bastion
Titan
Titan
Badges:
Melon Pan: 50
Wish: People who actually want to do their jobs.

Post by Bastion » Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:29 pm

smartboyhw wrote:1. Nanami is NOT weak. Look at 2014 Postseason, her performance levels or is only a bit weaker than Mashiro.
2. Anime is the main point. Most people don't follow manga a lot in ISML, and especially not HnG.
3. S3 and S4 hurt Hina too much in ISML.
1. Nanami didn't get the tiara, Mashiro had a better overall performance than her, thus my statement that she would drag the score down.
2. Many of the exhibition matches have focused on manga-only characters, some of the matches have been made make-or-break because of the presence of manga fans.
3. Not relevant to the discussion.

I believe Jitsu wa Watashi wa... has an anime adaption, and the characters involved are the first three introduced for major characters (I believe) but the OT3 isn't brought into reality (for the characters, it's been around for a long time for the fans) until lately.

Also, I tried to keep the discussion from being about Hayate, the blame isn't mine for this one. I tried to keep the points on finding other characters to combat them on semi-even terms.
haebaragi
Familiar
Familiar
Badges:
Wish: Need a time machine. Badly.

Post by haebaragi » Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:17 am

smartboyhw wrote:
Bastion wrote:
Bastion wrote:
Kholdy wrote:Ayumu x Hinagiku where
Would that work Ayumu and Hinagiku vs Nanami and Shiina?

Assume that's what you're hinting at, not sure if there's other yuri/harem pairs to match up :p
Wait.. would Rita Ainsworth work well in Shiina's place?

I was considering that Nanami and Shiina's power would combine to more-or-less equal Hina (former tiara) and Ayumu (preseason but not regular).

I've been out of the anime scene for too long, can't think of any other good pairs. Probably are some, just can't think of any.
I think in 2015 Nanami x Mashiro will beat Hina x Ayumu to possibly pieces... (This is not 2009)

Maybe Rikka x Satone? Inaba x Nagase? (Alright, I'm hopeless, again)

Then how about we mix the pairing so the power will be more balanced?

Nishizawa Ayumu - Aoyama Nanami x Katsura Hinagiku - Rita Ainsworth?
MC's ordinary but hardworking (not saying Hinagiku and Rita aren't hardworking, just can't find other word to describe) friend vs. Hakuou's and ISML's current seitokai's prez and vice prez :P?

Other pairings I can think :
Ayumu - Sengoku Nadeko x Hinagiku - Hanekawa Tsubasa
Ayumu - Kushieda Minori x Hinagiku - Sumire Kano

....or just have Ayumu x A-tan or Isumi since now they aren't more popular than Hinagiku and don't get to RS anymore anyway.
===
EDIT : Wait. Why not just have legendary Sanzen'in Nagi x Tennousu Athena match?
smartboyhw
[Future Overlord]
[Future Overlord]
Badges:
ImageImage
Wish: Shichimiya Satone, Aoyama Nanami and Nakano Azusa to win an ISML prize, Inaba Himeko to win BGC and live in Sakura-sō

Post by smartboyhw » Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:10 am

Bastion wrote:
smartboyhw wrote:1. Nanami is NOT weak. Look at 2014 Postseason, her performance levels or is only a bit weaker than Mashiro.
2. Anime is the main point. Most people don't follow manga a lot in ISML, and especially not HnG.
3. S3 and S4 hurt Hina too much in ISML.
1. Nanami didn't get the tiara, Mashiro had a better overall performance than her, thus my statement that she would drag the score down.
2. Many of the exhibition matches have focused on manga-only characters, some of the matches have been made make-or-break because of the presence of manga fans.
3. Not relevant to the discussion.

I believe Jitsu wa Watashi wa... has an anime adaption, and the characters involved are the first three introduced for major characters (I believe) but the OT3 isn't brought into reality (for the characters, it's been around for a long time for the fans) until lately.

Also, I tried to keep the discussion from being about Hayate, the blame isn't mine for this one. I tried to keep the points on finding other characters to combat them on semi-even terms.
1. Mashiro did not get the Tiara either.
2. Both of these girls have only lost to Kotori in the entire PSII. (You can of course argue on their performances against Asuna, but even the vote total and voting scenario is drastically different)
3. Nanami's overall performance would be around Stella Lv 3 - Lv 4 this year (if nothing goes completely out of control). And Hina wouldn't even be able to enter RS. Ayumu is a goner in ISML for years. Stella Lv 1 and Lv 3 (4) against two non-RSers?
4. haebaragi's ideas sound more acceptable.
ImageImage

Let me teach you something: We humans... Even for 10 minutes... We cannot even wait that long! - Nakamura Yuri, Angel Beats!
Bastion
Titan
Titan
Badges:
Wish: People who actually want to do their jobs.

Post by Bastion » Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:17 pm

haebaragi wrote:
smartboyhw wrote:
Bastion wrote:
Bastion wrote:
Kholdy wrote:Ayumu x Hinagiku where
Would that work Ayumu and Hinagiku vs Nanami and Shiina?

Assume that's what you're hinting at, not sure if there's other yuri/harem pairs to match up :p
Wait.. would Rita Ainsworth work well in Shiina's place?
Nagi and Athena are stated to be the same character, also, the request was for Hinagiku and Ayumu if you didn't notice. And I refuse to call her 'A-Tan', it's stated that she jealouly guards that name.
Ayumu and Hina both agreed to be each other's wingman (in animated) and both Nanami and Rita play the part in their own story (both for Shiina)
Also, it seems possible that Shiina and Nanami would be the series OT3.
I've already started writing a write-up for this match possibility XP
Chocola
Hikarin's Kitty
Hikarin's Kitty
Worships: Kousaka Reina
2017 Female Favorite: Karasuma Chitose
Wish: Hikachu to not hate me

Post by Chocola » Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:38 am

If you want my opinion, Nanami is too strong for Hinagiku. I'm talking about probably 65% win for Nanami + WHOEVER here. Remember Hinagiku won in 2009. We need another anime that hasn't gained popularity recently.

To think of Hinagiku's level, think of someone who will barely miss regular season next year. And of course, Ayumu isn't even prelims level (this year).
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
MAL Ratings ISML Chat, Saimoe Blog, Saimoe Wiki
A tall, towering wall looms in front of me. Beyond that is something that I could never to see on my own.
And that is...the view from the top.
10ZHAbin
Spirit hunter
Spirit hunter
Badges:
ImageImage
Worships: Leina

Post by 10ZHAbin » Sun Feb 22, 2015 4:37 am

I'm thinking of Kuroko no Basket vs Free!, two sport related anime that has gained popularity in the recent years. Prefereably 2 pairs of characters who can't make it into RS.
Momento10
Electromaster
Electromaster
Badges:
ImageImageImageImage
Worships: Setsumi Sakura
Melon Pan: 88
2018 Female Favorite: Nishimiya Shōko
2018 Male Favorite: Sagara Sōsuke
2017 Female Favorite: Megumin
2017 Male Favorite: Zen Wistalia
Wish: ISML - A new face for the champion.
KBM - to revive
AST - to encourage international participation
IRL - My definition of peace and tranquility.

Post by Momento10 » Sun Feb 22, 2015 7:19 am

2v2 for AquamarineShow
1. Furukawa Nagisa (Clannad) & Furukawa Sanae (Clannad) vs. Minase Nayuki (Kanon) & Minase Akiko (Kanon)
2. Shibuya Kazuya (Ghost Hunt) & Taniyama Mai (Ghost Hunt) vs. Aizawa Kōichi (Nabari no Ō) & Shimizu Raimei (Nabari no Ō)
3. Yuki (Wolf Children) & Ame (Wolf Children) vs. Onozawa Mirai (Tokyo Magnitude 8.0) & Onozawa Yūki (Tokyo Magnitude 8.0)
4. Isaac Dian (Baccano) & Miria Harvent (Baccano) vs. Yumasaki Walker (Durarara!!) & Karisawa Walker (Durarara!!)
5. Mihama Chiyo (Azumanga Daioh) & Sakaki (Azumanga Daioh) vs. Tsukamoto Tenma (School Rumble) & Suōu Mikoto (School Rumble)
6. Hershel Layton (Professor Layton) & Luke Triton (Professor Layton) vs. Phoenix Wright (Ace Attorney) & Mia Fey (Ace Attorney)
7. Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy VII) & Aerith Gainsborough (Final Fantasy VII) vs. Snow (Final Fantasy XIII) & Lightning (Final Fantasy XIII)
2v2 for AmethystShow
1. Belldandy (Oh My Goddess!) & Urd (Oh My Goddess!) vs. Alicia Florence (ARIA) & Akira E. Ferrari (ARIA)
2. Maka Albarn (Soul Eater) & Nakatsukasa Tsubaki (Soul Eater) vs. Anya Hepburn (Soul Eater NOT) & Tatane Meme (Soul Eater NOT)
3. Ayase Yūto (Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu) & Nogizaka Haruka (Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu) vs. Michishio Nagasumi (Seto no Hanayome) & Seto San (Seto no Hanayome)
4. Watanuki Kimihiro (xxxHolic) & Kunogi Himawari (xxxHolic) vs. Syaoran (Tsubasa: Reservoir Chronicle) & Sakura (Tsubasa: Reservoir Chronicle)
5. Tōno Junna (W Wish) & Inohara Haruhi (W Wish) vs. Mizuhara Ryo (Final Approach) & Masuda Shizuka (Final Approach)
6. Koizumi Risa (Lovely Complex) & Ōtani Atsushi (Lovely Complex) vs. Mogami Kyōko (Skip Beat!) & Tsuruga Ren (Skip Beat!)
7. Naoe Riki (Little Busters!) & Tokido Saya (Little Busters!) vs. Ayasaki Hayate (Hayate no Gotoku) & Tennōsu Athena (Hayate no Gotoku)
2v2 for RubyShow
1. Lina Inverse (Slayers) & Gourry Gabriev (Slayers) vs. Pacifica Casull (Scrapped Princess) & Shannon Casull (Scrapped Princess)
2. Tōno Shiki (Tsukihime) & Arcueid Brunestud (Tsukihime) vs. Kokutō Mikiya (Kara no Kyōkai) & Ryōgi Shiki (Kara no Kyōkai)
3. Maebara Keiichi (Higurashi no Naku Koro ni) & Ryūgū Rena (Higurashi no Naku Koro ni) vs. Ushiromiya Battler (Umineko no Naku Koro ni) & Beatrice (Umineko no Naku Koro ni)
4. Kazehaya Shōta (Kimi ni Todoke) & Kuronuma Sawako (Kimi ni Todoke) vs. Asō Renji (Ef: A Tale of Memories) & Shindō Chihiro (Ef: A Tale of Memories)
5. Layfon Wolfstein Alseif (Kōkaku no Regios) & Felli Loss (Kōkaku no Regios) vs. Cecily Cambell (Seiken no Blacksmith) & Luke Ainsworth (Seiken no Blacksmith)
6. Asakura Yō (Shaman King) & Tao Ren (Shaman King) vs. Haru Glory (Rave Master) & Hamrio Musica (Rave Master)
7. Tsukino Usagi (Bishōjo Senshi Sailor Moon) & Luna (Bishōjo Senshi Sailor Moon) vs. Kinomoto Sakura (Cardcaptor Sakura) & Cerberus (Cardcaptor Sakura)
2v2 for EmeraldShow
1. Yagami Taichi (Digimon) & Yagami Hikari (Digimon) vs. Haruka (Pokémon) & Masato (Pokémon)
2. Aoyagi Ritsuka (Loveless) & Agatsuma Sōbi (Loveless) vs. Onodera Ritsu (Sekai-ichi Hatsukoi) & Takano Masamune (Sekai-ichi Hatsukoi)
3. Sora (Kingdom Hearts) & Kairi (Kingdom Hearts) vs. Sakuraba Neku (The World Ends with You) & Misaki Shiki (The World Ends with You)
4. Yagami Kazuma (Kaze no Stigma) & Kannagi Ayano (Kaze no Stigma) vs. Iba Itsuki (Rental Magica) & Honami Takase Ambler (Rental Magica)
5. Coud Van Giruet (Elemental Gelade) & Reverie Metherlence (Elemental Gelade) vs. Hiiragi Renji (Night Wizard!) & Shihō Elis (Night Wizard!)
6. Fujiwara Yumeji (Yumekui Merry) & Merry Nightmare (Yumekui Merry) vs. Kisaragi Ryūji (Dragon Crisis!) & Rose (Dragon Crisis!)
7. Suō Tamaki (Ouran High School Host Club) & Ōtori Kyōya (Ouran High School Host Club) vs. Sōma Yuki (Fruits Basket) & Sōma Kyō (Fruits Basket)
2v2 for TopazShow
1. Tsuda Takatoshi (Seitokai Yakuindomo) & Amakusa Shino (Seitokai Yakuindomo) vs. Sugisaki Ken (Seitokai no Ichizon) & Sakurano Kurimu (Seitokai no Ichizon)
2. Yoshida Haru (Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun) & Mizutani Shizuku (Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun) vs. Kurosawa Yamato (Suki-tte ii na yo) & Tachibana Mei (Suki-tte ii na yo)
3. Andy W. Hole (Aquarion EVOL) & MIX (Aquarion EVOL) vs. Asagi Toshikazu (Ginga Kikōtai Majestic Prince) & Kugimiya Kei (Ginga Kikōtai Majestic Prince)
4. Tachibana Jun'ichi (Amagami SS) & Sakurai Rihoko (Amagami SS) vs. Maeda Kazuya (Photo Kano) & Nīmi Haruka (Photo Kano)
5. Guile (Street Fighter) & Chun-Li (Street Fighter) vs. Andy Bogard (King of Fighters) & Shiranui Mai (King of Fighters)
6. Aoki Yoshifumi (Kokoro Connect) & Nagase Iori (Kokoro Connect) vs. Inui Sakaki (Acchi Kocchi) & Katase Mayoi (Acchi Kocchi)
7. Ahiru (Princess Tutu) & Rue (Princess Tutu) vs. Yucie (Puchi Puri Yucie) & Glenda (Puchi Puri Yucie)
Fuijiwara
[Ebb and Flow]
[Ebb and Flow]
Badges:
ImageImageImage
Worships: Fuijiwara no Mokou
Melon Pan: 2
Wish: Happiness~~

Post by Fuijiwara » Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:19 pm

10ZHAbin wrote:I'm thinking of Kuroko no Basket vs Free!, two sport related anime that has gained popularity in the recent years. Prefereably 2 pairs of characters who can't make it into RS.

Free's side would be Nagisa and Rei
2015 SilversShow
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
smartboyhw
[Future Overlord]
[Future Overlord]
Badges:
ImageImage

Post by smartboyhw » Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:56 pm

IGNORE THESEShow
Yaegashi Taichi (Kokoro Connect) x Kiriyama Yui (Kokoro Connect) vs. Inaba Himeko (Kokoro Connect) x Aoki Yoshifumi (Kokoro Connect)

Forget it. Nobody understands unless you have read Volume 6.

Inaba Himeko (Kokoro Connect) vs. Nagase Iori (Kokoro Connect)

Conflict in IRC Chatroom should be resolved via a formal battle. No.
Nagase Iori (Kokoro Connect) vs. Tsuyuri Kumin (Chuunibyo Demo Koi ga Shitai!)

Bright? ... (Please suggest better pairings meh)
ImageImage

Momento10
Electromaster
Electromaster
Badges:
ImageImageImageImage
Worships: Setsumi Sakura
Melon Pan: 88
2018 Female Favorite: Nishimiya Shōko
2018 Male Favorite: Sagara Sōsuke
2017 Female Favorite: Megumin
2017 Male Favorite: Zen Wistalia
Wish: ISML - A new face for the champion.
KBM - to revive
AST - to encourage international participation
IRL - My definition of peace and tranquility.

Post by Momento10 » Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:13 pm

If more 2v2 matches are needed, inform me and I will make more.
Desufire
Shinigami
Shinigami
Badges:
Worships: Orihime Inoue
Melon Pan: 60
Wish: For sugar to not be unhealthy, and campaigning to be easier

Post by Desufire » Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:27 pm

Kholdy wrote:If you want my opinion, Nanami is too strong for Hinagiku. I'm talking about probably 65% win for Nanami + WHOEVER here. Remember Hinagiku won in 2009. We need another anime that hasn't gained popularity recently.

To think of Hinagiku's level, think of someone who will barely miss regular season next year. And of course, Ayumu isn't even prelims level (this year).
Hinagiku x Ayumu vs. Homura x Madoka, maybe?
HasbeenaHibiki
Space cowboy
Space cowboy
Badges:
Worships: セニョール・ハズビーナ, ティエリア・アーデ, ダークライ,天ノ川 きらら,紅城 トワ
Melon Pan: 201
2018 Female Favorite: Kurumizawa Satanichia McDowell
2018 Male Favorite: Bakugō Katsuki
2017 Female Favorite: Yazawa Nico
2017 Male Favorite: Reigen Arataka
Wish: A precure making it in ISML and a very popular male Saimoe. Also a Mucha Lucha anime. Darkrai in Saimoe

Post by HasbeenaHibiki » Sun Mar 08, 2015 12:56 am

Han Juri (Street Fighter) / Jolyne Kujo (Jojo's) vs Rose (Street Fighter) / Lisa Lisa (Jojo's)- Both pairs have Street Fighter characters and the Jojo's character they got influence from.
Chocola
Hikarin's Kitty
Hikarin's Kitty
Worships: Kousaka Reina
2017 Female Favorite: Karasuma Chitose
Wish: Hikachu to not hate me

Post by Chocola » Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:21 am

I guess I'll make the announcement here. If you won an exhibition slot last year as part of fantasy and you haven't submitted it your PM yet, then you have until the end of the nomination period. We have to start planning soon.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
MAL Ratings ISML Chat, Saimoe Blog, Saimoe Wiki
A tall, towering wall looms in front of me. Beyond that is something that I could never to see on my own.
And that is...the view from the top.
BugH
[Komoe's Apprentice]
[Komoe's Apprentice]
Badges:
ImageImage
Worships: Mental Out
Melon Pan: 13
2017 Female Favorite: Shokuhō Misaki
Wish: Unlimited Paper Works

Post by BugH » Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:47 am

Image>Thanks to my secret santa<
Lian
Dakimakura
Dakimakura
2018 Female Favorite: Chtholly Nota Seniorious
2018 Male Favorite: Okazaki Tomoya
2017 Female Favorite: Aoyama Nanami
2017 Male Favorite: Okazaki Tomoya

Post by Lian » Sat Mar 21, 2015 12:25 pm

U-511(Kantai Collection)vs. RO-500(Kantai Collection)
GERMAN STYLE vers スク水

Kongou(Kantai Collection)&Haruna(Kantai Collection) vs. Shimakaze(Kantai Collection)&Amatsukaze(Kantai Collection)
The most popular battleships vers the most popular destroyers~
Jiharo
Void mage
Void mage

Post by Jiharo » Sat Mar 21, 2015 3:26 pm

Lian wrote:U-511(Kantai Collection)vs. RO-500(Kantai Collection)
GERMAN STYLE vers スク水
I don't think it is valid for they are the same girls(ships/kanmusu/however you want to phrase).

If you want to go with that theme, I'd suggest using I-8 cos she's of german origin too.
Lian
Dakimakura
Dakimakura
2018 Female Favorite: Chtholly Nota Seniorious
2018 Male Favorite: Okazaki Tomoya
2017 Female Favorite: Aoyama Nanami
2017 Male Favorite: Okazaki Tomoya

Post by Lian » Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:57 pm

Jiharo wrote:
GERMAN STYLE vers スク水
I don't think it is valid for they are the same girls(ships/kanmusu/however you want to phrase).

If you want to go with that theme, I'd suggest using I-8 cos she's of german origin too.
I seriously doubt it.

ImageImage

NO, NEVER, they are not the same girls, or you may call someone and ask

by 七夜银匙
Jiharo
Void mage
Void mage

Post by Jiharo » Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:45 am

Lian wrote:
Jiharo wrote:
GERMAN STYLE vers スク水

I seriously doubt it.

ImageImage

NO, NEVER, they are not the same girls, or you may call someone and ask

by 七夜银匙
If you read the history, they are. U-511 was just renamed to Ro-500.

http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E5%91%82% ... 4%E8%89%A6" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Read that please.

Don't NO me before you even done your research. Game info =/= real info.

Edit: Even the game wiki agrees with me http://wikiwiki.jp/kancolle/?%CF%A4500" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Go read up before you even shoot me with some random useless SS.

I have BOTH wiki backing me up. What do you have?
chaosprophet
Shinigami
Shinigami
Badges:
Worships: Evangeline McDowell
Wish: Future UQ Holder anime adaptation is done right.

Post by chaosprophet » Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:39 pm

As part of a tech trade, U-511 was sent to Japan while I-8 was sent to Germany. I-8 would later be sent back to Japan, but U-511 would stay there and receive the designation of Ro-500 by the Japanese.

In game, some ships girls can change names upon their remodel, to mirror similar situations in real life. Hibiki for instance, is renamed Верный on her second remodel as she survive the war and was given to Russia as a spoil of war where her designation was changed to Верный as she was used by them.

In U-511 case, they used her remodel as not only a way to change her name but to show her character evolution from a shy to a bright girl as consequence of her time spent in Japan. The visual change is also to reflect her being on warmer waters than the cold one around Germany, plus the difference on the "uniform" of Japanese subs compared with the German ones.

In the game you aren't obligated to remodel your ships, but that don't change the fact they are their natural character evolution.