Nomination : 16 are chosen
Prelim : 8 are chosen
Single elimination tournament.
1. Nominate female characters in video games developed by Japanese companies (at the time of development).
2. Series must not be a visual novel (as defined by vndb) or Touhou Project, and must have a version playable by people under the age of 18.
3. Characters who have significant appearance in any full length Japanese TVA are ineligible.
4. Characters from series which are originally full length Japanese TVA, or whose series have full length Japanese TVA adaptations are ineligible.
5. Voters may nominate at least three (3) and at most seven (7) characters that do meets the above eligibility guideline
6. At most two (2) characters from any given series or franchise may be nominated on the ballot. No character may be nominated more than once on the ballot.
7. All nominations have equal weight.
8. There is no ranking of nominations.
9. Invalid nominations on a ballot will be discarded individually and will not void the ballot unless any discard results in that ballot having less than three (3) eligible characters, in which case that ballot will be voided.
10. The Staff reserves the right to deem any character ineligible for the Pet Exhibition Tournament.
4. To be used as needed
on what counts as a series for the video game exhibition: there isn't a hard and fast rule for it, but basically they are considered to be in the same series if there are signficiant character and worldview overlap(edited)
so Fate Grand Order is under fate series (and thus not eligible even for characters who never showed up in anime)
Tales series games and and Final Fantasy series games are mostly distinct
also yes Estelle isn't eligible; blame falcom
however, the worldview between falcom gakuen and the actual trails games are so different that they are not considered to be from the same series, so characters who did not show up over there are all eligible
Please ask questions