I. Rules and programmes
A. Votes are done by posting replies on Tieba, both ISML and
Bilibili moe tiebas are having threads for voters
B. Voters must be at least Level 11 on any tiebas (or at least L9 on one which a voter is willing to poll), and the max number of main+reply posts must be at least 1000
C. Each voting periods are open for 24 hours, if there are bugs happened, staffs are able to extend the period, and post announcements to explain reasons.
D. Each results are posted, unless if there are problems to announce separately, within 24 hours since the end of that period.
E. To make sure the reality and unique of votes, the account IDs of voters are logged.
F. Voters should not do multiple votes, neither by posting replies on multiple threads, nor by multiple accounts, on any one period.
G. Voters should not participate immoral events, such as bribes, extorts, terrorisms, secession of countries, ..., and any other behaviors that are prohibited strictly by legals of their countries and/or regions.
H. BNM staffs are having rights to judge if any votes are violated rules or not.
I. BNM staffs are having rights to make sanctions to voters who violated rules.
J. If voting wrong, voters can feel free to delete the former votes, and re-vote before the end of that period.
K. Voters can abstain any ballots of that period.
L. The votes must follow the formats below:
1. At least, they must contain "[ ]" and texts within it, where texts are characters that participate the BNM2019.
2. texts out of "[ ]" are not considered as parts of the votes.
M. Votes that violate these rules are considered as invalid votes, and won't be counted.
II. Eligibility for participators
A. The period for participators are defined as: any time periods that not earlier than 1 Jan 2019, and not later than 31 Dec 2019. (Hereafter the "A. period")
B. Eligibility for works of them
1. Any serialize animations that are started its air within the A. period. Started means when the first episode of that animation was aired, serialize means that this animation has more than two episodes within the A. period, and their episodes are titled carefully.
2. Any animation movies that are either released for cinemas/DTVs, or their DVD/BD are released within the A. period, in any countries. Consider the earliest one of them.
3. Any OVAs/OADs/SPs that are released within the A. period.
4. For long-live animations and their "sister" series works, the earlier characters are not considered. Long-live means that that animation was started its air before the A. period, and has more than 100 episodes, either end or not. Series works mean that those works are having same world concepts, same settings of plot of stories, and same sets of characters, that lead those works to be an umbrella work set, which means that those works are connected each other. Earlier characters are meaning that they are shown before the A. period, and participated any of the former BNM events.
5. Adult (R-18) works, non-animated works, visual novels, doujinshi animations, PVs, MADs, advertisements are never considered.
C. Eligibility for characters
1. Characters must at least be human, human-like, or any animals that looks like a human, swims like a human, quacks like a human and did anythings that are belong to human
2. Must have at least 3 clauses within any one work, by speaking and/or other kinds of sounding.
3. Genders are separated per their animation settings. Anyone who can be judged as either female or male can only be participated in one gender group. Staffs will judge this by: time periods of belonging one gender, original genders of that character, individual characteristics and/or surfaces.
4. Any characters can only participate by one form. Normally the noumenon or original form of this series, the one that has most number of appearances or highest degree of recognitions are valid for that character. Staffs have rights to judge if "two forms of characters" are belong to one participate character, and which one should participate.
III. Main events
A. The main events are having group stage and elimination stage matches
B. The main events are following the timetable of this chapter, unless separately announced.
C. The main events are separated by two gender groups: female group and male group. The scales and timetables for both groups are same.
D. Any characters that join any one group are participators, the list of participators are announced after the end of nomination period.
IV. Automatically participators
A. Any characters are invited to automatically (i.e. pass the nomination period) paricipate the BNM 2019, if they have most significantly manifests in any well known moe tournament events.
B. For female, characters are invited if they are:
1. Top 16 of International Saimoe League 2019 main events;
2. Top 4 of any seasonal exhibitions of International Saimoe League 2019;
3. Top 8 of Best Girl Contest 2019;
4. Top 2 of any seasonal events of Best Girl of 2018: Seasonal Salt!
C. For male, characters are invited if they are:
1. Top 32 of International Saimoe League 2019 main events;
2. Top 16 of Best Guy Contest 2020.
D. The automatically participators are having more default seeds than participators from nomination period.
V. Nomination period
A. The nomination period are run for 7 days
B. Female and male groups are sharing same nomination votes
1. Any voters can nominate up to 24 characters
2. Characters must from at least 2 different animation series
3. At least 2 female characters and 2 male characters must be shown on voting ballots
4. For any animation series, voters can nominate up to 5 characters within it
5. Each character can only happen for once in any one vote
6. Any nominations are having same values, and have no ranks within votes
C. Invalid characters are removed one-by-one from votes, and do not affect the validity of the ballot, unless if remain characters result the entire ballot violates V.B., in this case the entire ballot will be dropped.
D. After nomination period, the characters that have most number of votes are participating the BNM 2019 main events, until the quota is fullfiled.
E. Each group has a quota of "120 minus number of invited characters (per IV.)", if there are draws happened on the end of quotas, then the affected characters will participate a separately wildcard match to decide who can continue participating.
VI. Group stage
A. Group stage is having two periods, the first period has 120 participators, and the second has 64.
B. In each period, participators are splitted to 8 sub-groups, each participators of groups will have their one single all-vote match. In Period I, each group has 15 participators, and in Period II, 8 participators.
C. After ranking of each period, the best participators can continue participating the next period. In Period I, the top 8 continue to Period II, while others are eliminated. In Period II, the top 4 continue to Elimination stage, others are also eliminated.
D. Before each period, all participators are reset their seeds according to their counts of previous period, then re-groupped.
E. Other datas may be published and saved, to help investigating and analysis.
VII. Elimination stage
A. 32 participators of each group are to be ranked by seeds, per their counts of Period II of group stage. Participators of the same group of Period II will not meet each other. 1/16 final matches are ranked, per the ranks of seeds, as 1st vs. 4th, and 2nd vs. 3rd.
1. Elimination matches are traditional single-elimination matches.
2. If any one match is drawed, the one who has more seeds is judged as winner, if their seeds are also same, the one who got the last vote earlier win, and if the timestamp of last votes are even same, compare the 2nd... If even can't judged by comparing the first votes, start play-off.
B. Eliminated participators are participating the consolation matches, to decide the 3rd to 32nd ranks of final.
VIII. Hall of Famer exhibition matches
A. The past 8 champions of each group of former BNMs will participate an exhibition tournament during main events, called Hall of Famer exhibition.
B. Exhibition matches are a set of single round matches, participator that has most number of wins is the final winner of exhibitions. If there are at least two "winners", then those "winners" will have their one play-off to decide the actual one.
C. Participators of exhibition matches are ineligible to participate the main events
D. Champions that don't participate exhibitions can participate main events according to chapter I. rules.
IX. Other exhibition matches
A. Exhibition matches are intended to increase the degrees of recognition of characters that didn't participate the BNM 2019. Those are following characters that have less social visibilities, or appeared on other ways.
B. Exhibition matches have no effective to any main event matches. Special rules of some of those matches are announced before one week of them.
C. It's possible that each matching day has at least one other exhibition matches.
A. All dates mentioned in this paragraph can be changed without changing to this chapter, but are always publishing on Tiebas.
B. Nomination period: 30 Apr to 07 May.
1. If there are bugs that result many voters can't do nominations within more than 24 hours, the period can be extended.
2. If wildcard matches are needed, 08 May to 10 May.
C. Main events: 11 May to 12 June.
1. Each matches are started by 21:00 (UTC+08:00) every day.
2. Group stage Period I: 11 May to 18 May.
3. Period IU: 21 May to 28 May.
4. Elimination stage: 31 May to 12 June.
A. BNM has no guarantees to all informations of BNM threads. BNM and their staffs have no legal liabilities to any injures resulted by using or abusing related informations
B. All characters and animation titles shown in BNM are not belong to BNM in any circumstances. They are copyrighted by authors of animations, their original manga or light novel authors and official IP releasers of them. Images of characters and titles are only for identification purposes.
C. During checking of validities of votes, staffs are not allowed to prone to any one voter. After announcements of each matches, every voters can challenge the results within 24 hours. If challenge is accepted by staffs, they will recheck the validities, and then re-judge the results. After 24 hours of announcements, results are fixed, and no longer accepts changes.
D. Staffs are checking validities one-by-one as carefully as possible, but mistakes are even possible. Staffs will work hardly to avoid so.
E. The timetables can be changed without announces, but every changes are published on Tiebas.
F. If there are technical problems or other reasons of bugs, staffs are able to extend voting periods, and in such cases, staffs have rights to postpone the end time of votings, and the time that results released.
G. Voters have rights to fairly contest impartial of tournaments and staffs according to the facts. However, the staffs are also having rights to participate BNM as voters, when staffs are acting voters, their inclinations and views can't be the evidences of contesting impartial of staffs.
H. Once published, the contents of this chapter will not be changed, but may be amended later. The amendments will change or replace statements of this chapter. During matches, every voters have rights to suggest amendments in any times, staffs will decide to adpot them or not. The adopted amendments must be published on Tiebas as soon as possible.
I. The behaviors of staffs shall be carried out in accordance with this chapter, if violating, staffs should correct their behaviors.
J. Parts that are not specificed by this chapters are subject to interpretations by staffs.