Moon princess
Moon princess
Badges:
ImageImage
Melon Pan: 95
Wish: ISML still exists next year

Re: Idea: Best Waifu Rating

Post by Shmion84 » Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:00 pm

Sorry for late answer. My main argument is - as I said - the large number of reddit tournaments in the Best Waifu Index. I try to include tournaments from several different communities, even if they are relatively small. That's why I included the ACGN Miss Anime Tournament or the animeclick tournaments.

But of course you can calculate a related index, which includes /r/anime's 24 Hour Best Girl Contest. (Would add 200 points to Sakurajima Mai, 100 points to Shinomiya Kaguya and 20 points to Rem and Hayasaka Ai - if you choose 200 MAXTP; in this case Sakurajima Mai would claim the 2nd overall rank.)
Shmion84
Moon princess
Moon princess
Badges:
ImageImage

Post by Shmion84 » Sat Aug 21, 2021 10:02 am

The Saimoe Fandom Wiki published an own Waifu Rating inspired by this rating (starting end of April 2021).

The main difference is that Saimoe Wiki Waifu Rating is more of an overall rating for the complete career of a character (and not just for their current success). The formula is

Code: Select all

100*sqrt(total CP+25)/ln(months after debut+24)
The last term helps to weaken experienced characters with lots tournament history in favor of new characters who make their debuts. However it takes 46 years to get from ln(24) to the double value ln(576), which would halve the rating compared to a debut character. (Or 11 years in an earlier version of the formula.)
CP (Circuit Points) are awarded for 3 tournament categories: major tournaments (400 for champion, 200 for runner-up, 100 for SF, 50 for QF, 25 for Round of 16), Tournament of Champions (200 for champion, 100 for runner-up, 50 for 3rd and 4th), minor tournaments/exhibition tournaments (100 for champion, 50 for runner up, 25 for SF, 12.5 for QF). Thanks to a large number of minor tournaments this day the total CP can become very large, too. (For example in the table Top-5 Performer by Year (with circuit points) you can see that Rem earned 3700 points in 2020, more than the next four characters combined.) The square root in the formula closes this gap a bit as well as the addition of 25 extra points does.

Altogether I think the Saimoe Wiki Waifu Rating is an interesting approach.
BT Salt
Claymore
Claymore
Badges:
Worships: THE GREAT SALT SHAKER
Melon Pan: 50
2021 Male Favorite: Ayanokōji Kiyotaka
2020 Male Favorite: Shirogane Miyuki
2019 Female Favorite: Violet Evergarden
Wish: TO BECOME THE CONTEST'S PRIMARY TOURNAMENT RUNNER. PREFERABLY KLINGON-STYLE.

Post by BT Salt » Sun Aug 22, 2021 7:27 pm

@Shmion84 can you put your ideas in the wiki page or the comment section? maybe edit that page you linked? The "waifu rating" and "IDV" were made by anonymous users with korean and USA ip adresses; some of those may be vpn-using chinese users. I had no input in those ideas, even though i created the page in the 1st place
Shmion84
Moon princess
Moon princess
Badges:
ImageImage

Post by Shmion84 » Wed Aug 25, 2021 9:57 pm

@BT Salt maybe later. It was more of a description than comments on the rating.

I checked the BWR raw data and found out that even the small change from 20 months (and 20 points min) to 25 months (and 25 points min) would made Yuuki Asuna, Emilia and C. C. losing their Best Waifu status and Toosaka Rin and Tachibana Kanade earning this status. So I guess there will be no perfectly fair and balanced rating everyone could agree on, neither for rating for current characters (like the original Best Waifu Rating) nor for overall ratings (like the discussed Rating).