Badges:
ImageImage
Worships: Akemi Homura
Melon Pan: 132
Wish: Yotsuba-chan♥

Re: Best Moe Tournament 2011

Post by Momo » Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:10 am

imbehindyou wrote:
Momokutenshi wrote::rage: at Sora > Madoka, but at least they realize now that it was screwed.

Registering, ok, whatever, it takes like, a one-off 5 minutes.
My question is, if they're taking measures to make it more difficult to screw over with votes, are they going to let Fairy Tail characters, who were disqualified for the same reason (vote fraudulence), back in?
I doubt it.

Current situation = cheat votes
Fairy Tail = technically votes themselves were not cheated, but they "violated" KBM's policies re: mass-voting / block-voting several times despite multiple warnings given.
I thought mass-voting = cheat votes? From the explanatory post on site, I was under the impression that the reasoning behind disqualifying FT was because a group of people were at some internet cafe using the computers to multi-vote for them.
Or were they kicked out because someone got a bunch of friends/acquaintances/people together to vote? Cuz if that's seriously the reason, then WTF...

Revenge Time~
Kudos to my amazing Secret Santa ♥
imbehindyou
Time traveler
Time traveler
Worships: Rena
Melon Pan: 50
Wish: Becoming Pokemon Master.  Wishes for: Becoming teh Master Hater.  Wishes for: James' Victreebel & Mime Jr. Secret Identity: I am a robot. 

Post by imbehindyou » Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:30 am

Momokutenshi wrote:I thought mass-voting = cheat votes? From the explanatory post on site, I was under the impression that the reasoning behind disqualifying FT was because a group of people were at some internet cafe using the computers to multi-vote for them.
Or were they kicked out because someone got a bunch of friends/acquaintances/people together to vote? Cuz if that's seriously the reason, then WTF...
I used "cheat votes" as in multi-voting, bypassing timerthing illegally to vote, etc.
OTOH what I was referring to by using "mass-voting" was how FT community did the following things:
* KBM discourages separate single-anime communities to send out mass-PMs or put up sticky threads to
1. Put sticky thread up and told community members to vote only for FT characters and abstain in other matches -- which KBM also strongly discourages, therefore gave them a warning. This has continually been an issue in recent KBM and many people expressed their discomfort from community people's lack of interest in communicating with other voters via KBM forum.
2. Despite the warning FT community did not stop. Admin considered disqualifying FT characters.
3. After the announce of consideration of disqualifying FT characters, FT community leader "agreed" to stop doing #1
4. But not. FT community set the topic of their chatroom as the content from #1.
5. Warning
6. Sent out mass-PM encouraging them to vote for FT characters
7. Warning
8. Used "recommend" feature and put up a thread (placement position the same as "sticky" threads) with similar content (...again) and also encouraged FT community members to deliberately choose their voter-id setting as "male" "foreigner" "over-20" so that they would be "less" identified
9. kthxbai

Yeah. I don't really agree with their policy on this one but I was whatever with their decision. FT community leader was a douchebag with this whole thing.

Actually I should clarify:
KBM notified the FT community members that as long as no "sticky" threads/mass-PM/chatroom-topic were used in advertising for FT characters, it was fine. FT community did not even agree to those conditions and kept trying to find alternative ways. Several warnings were given re: sticky threads but FT community never really abode by these rules.
xcrossfacekillahx
Incubator
Incubator
Worships: Rosario Cross
Wish: A very good tournament and more cookies. Moehood to reign

Post by xcrossfacekillahx » Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:01 pm

imbehindyou wrote:
Momokutenshi wrote:I thought mass-voting = cheat votes? From the explanatory post on site, I was under the impression that the reasoning behind disqualifying FT was because a group of people were at some internet cafe using the computers to multi-vote for them.
I used "cheat votes" as in multi-voting, bypassing timerthing illegally to vote, etc.
OTOH what I was referring to by using "mass-voting" was how FT community did the following things:
* KBM discourages separate single-anime communities to send out mass-PMs or put up sticky threads to
1. Put sticky thread up and told community members to vote only for FT characters and abstain in other matches -- which KBM also strongly discourages, therefore gave them a warning. This has continually been an issue in recent KBM and many people expressed their discomfort from community people's lack of interest in communicating with other voters via KBM forum.
2. Despite the warning FT community did not stop. Admin considered disqualifying FT characters.
3. After the announce of consideration of disqualifying FT characters, FT community leader "agreed" to stop doing #1
4. But not. FT community set the topic of their chatroom as the content from #1.
5. Warning
6. Sent out mass-PM encouraging them to vote for FT characters
7. Warning
8. Used "recommend" feature and put up a thread (placement position the same as "sticky" threads) with similar content (...again) and also encouraged FT community members to deliberately choose their voter-id setting as "male" "foreigner" "over-20" so that they would be "less" identified
9. kthxbai

Yeah. I don't really agree with their policy on this one but I was whatever with their decision. FT community leader was a douchebag with this whole thing.

Actually I should clarify:
KBM notified the FT community members that as long as no "sticky" threads/mass-PM/chatroom-topic were used in advertising for FT characters, it was fine. FT community did not even agree to those conditions and kept trying to find alternative ways. Several warnings were given re: sticky threads but FT community never really abode by these rules.
I agree that the leader is indeed a douche but the characters themselves are innocent. If the community leader did that to let's say your favorite series, the characters from that series would be banned, you'd scream "Oh come on now what happened? They're innocent blah blah blah." and you'd rage to the max.
Hachiko
Heavenly Tiara
Heavenly Tiara
Worships: Kaname Madoka
2020 Female Favorite: Aisaka Taiga
2020 Male Favorite: Agatsuma Zen'itsu
2019 Female Favorite: Kaname Madoka
2019 Male Favorite: Azusagawa Sakuta
2018 Female Favorite: Chtholly Nota Seniorious
2018 Male Favorite: Hikigaya Hachiman
Wish: An awesome 2020 ISML.

Post by Hachiko » Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:28 pm

I have an account on Anizone anyway, so it's back to me voting over there. I think Homura said, "Enough's enough. Time Stop." And a rewind to the First Round Proper was given.
Momento10
Electromaster
Electromaster
Badges:
ImageImageImageImage
Worships: Setsumi Sakura
Melon Pan: 88
2020 Female Favorite: Sakurajima Mai
2020 Male Favorite: Ishigami Yū
2019 Female Favorite: Tōma Kazusa
2019 Male Favorite: Ayanokōji Kiyotaka
2018 Female Favorite: Nishimiya Shōko
2018 Male Favorite: Sagara Sōsuke
Wish: My definition of peace and tranquility.

Post by Momento10 » Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:34 pm

These evil votes have gone too far. I will save her one more time; return to when it all began.

DarknessHid
Wise wolf
Wise wolf
Badges:
ImageImage
Worships: xtina
Wish: christina aguilera to go on tour

Post by DarknessHid » Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:28 am

^@ above~ That's an awesome pic :)

Hm, I don't know whether I want to have to make an account to vote on KBM
Maybe i'll just watch the results...
but i really wanted to see the Hideyoshi VS Kanade result D:
...and also, what measures are going to be taken so that when they redo up to Round 96, all these "cheat-votes" don't happen a second time?
thank you santa
maglor
~Fukou da~
~Fukou da~
Badges:
ImageImage
Worships: Abriel Nei Debrusc Borl Paryun Lafiel
Melon Pan: 75
2020 Female Favorite: Holo
2020 Male Favorite: Natsume Takashi
2019 Female Favorite: Akemi Homura
2019 Male Favorite: Arima Kōsei
2018 Male Favorite: Yang Wenli
Wish: More people being open to alternatives and compromises.

Post by maglor » Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:53 am

DarknessHid wrote:^@ above~ That's an awesome pic :)

...and also, what measures are going to be taken so that when they redo up to Round 96, all these "cheat-votes" don't happen a second time?
Since, with registration, there will be more data available for each votes, it now is technically feasible to detect what the staff suspected as being done by the mysterious voter(s). If they appear again, and if their votes pass through all the new filters now in place, then we may need to accept that there indeed are 300 + silent voters who may be voting in certain time period due to constraints imposed upon them by real life matters.
xcrossfacekillahx
Incubator
Incubator

Post by xcrossfacekillahx » Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:35 am

maglor wrote:

Since, with registration, there will be more data available for each votes, it now is technically feasible to detect what the staff suspected as being done by the mysterious voter(s). If they appear again, and if their votes pass through all the new filters now in place, then we may need to accept that there indeed are 300 + silent voters who may be voting in certain time period due to constraints imposed upon them by real life matters.
Do you know the new schedule already? I guess Round of 96 will be a long one unless we can vote in more arenas.
shiraoky
Electromaster
Electromaster
Worships: the rwby ladies <3
Wish: more time to laze around and have fun!

Post by shiraoky » Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:36 am

@ Momento - Once again, I am completely delighted with the pictures you post up XP
Thanks to M-J for the beautiful sigs<3~!
maglor
~Fukou da~
~Fukou da~
Badges:
ImageImage

Post by maglor » Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:55 am

xcrossfacekillahx wrote:
maglor wrote:

Do you know the new schedule already? I guess Round of 96 will be a long one unless we can vote in more arenas.
Although Eundong said 1 week from yesterday, thus restart at 6 day from now, I don't know whether that timeline be kept or not. He hasn't even uploaded English notice in the KBM page.
Eclairs
Shinigami
Shinigami
Worships: Tamura Manami // Nagato Yuki // Aisaka Taiga
Wish: MUFC to win the treble of Premier League, FA cup and UEFA Champions league in the 2013/2014 season.

Post by Eclairs » Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:04 am

Anyone here can help me with the ridiculously non-user friendly for English site for KBM? I need to know which button to click to LOG on my KBM account :(
SpoilerShow
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Thanks a lot to Hikari-Chan , Midnight-Jasper and ppizzapie for the awesome signatures and slivers.
"Take caution thy children, for thou art guilty of sin if thou does not fappeth to the lolis!" Bob 23:29-192
maglor
~Fukou da~
~Fukou da~
Badges:
ImageImage

Post by maglor » Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:12 am

Eclairs wrote:Anyone here can help me with the ridiculously non-user friendly for English site for KBM? I need to know which button to click to LOG on my KBM account :(

아이디 = ID , your username
패스워드 = Password
저장 = Save your login information
로그인 = Log In. You press this after you entered your username and password
회원가입 = Join Anizone.net . Leads you to registration page
xcrossfacekillahx
Incubator
Incubator

Post by xcrossfacekillahx » Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:14 am

I just wanna know when voting will start. I can't wait
maglor
~Fukou da~
~Fukou da~
Badges:
ImageImage

Post by maglor » Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:16 am

xcrossfacekillahx wrote:I just wanna know when voting will start. I can't wait
Oct. 8th Korean time = Oct. 7th in most of the world.
Eclairs
Shinigami
Shinigami
Wish: MUFC to win the treble of Premier League, FA cup and UEFA Champions league in the 2013/2014 season.

Post by Eclairs » Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:21 am

maglor wrote:
Eclairs wrote:Anyone here can help me with the ridiculously non-user friendly for English site for KBM? I need to know which button to click to LOG on my KBM account :(

아이디 = ID , your username
패스워드 = Password
저장 = Save your login information
로그인 = Log In. You press this after you entered your username and password
회원가입 = Join Anizone.net . Leads you to registration page
Thanks Maglor jiisama. I guess i'll leave my usercp in default mode tbh, since i cant even read korean. As long as they DONT ask for the members to post the votes in the threads, i think it will be ok because to be honest, i dont even know how to navigate this screen :x
Thanks a lot to Hikari-Chan , Midnight-Jasper and ppizzapie for the awesome signatures and slivers.
"Take caution thy children, for thou art guilty of sin if thou does not fappeth to the lolis!" Bob 23:29-192
Yakuman
Berserker
Berserker
Worships: Kurumi-sama *.*
Wish: more

Post by Yakuman » Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:19 am

Any news about the restart? It doesn't seem like it'll start on Oct. 8 :\
Hurry up and make a contract with me! ◕‿‿◕ ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
defeated but not forgotten favoritesShow
ImageImageImage
Materials used in the sig are courtesy of Marinara, ppizzapie, Hikari-chan and Annabloem
maglor
~Fukou da~
~Fukou da~
Badges:
ImageImage

Post by maglor » Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:31 am

Yakuman wrote:Any news about the restart? It doesn't seem like it'll start on Oct. 8 :\
It has been postponed by a week due to server problems.
Jeffrey-sama
Soul gem
Soul gem
Wish: K-ON! Season 3

Post by Jeffrey-sama » Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:43 pm

maglor wrote:It has been postponed by a week due to server problems.
┐( ̄ー ̄)┌

It'll be interesting to see how they deal with these never-ending problems.
shiraoky
Electromaster
Electromaster
Worships: the rwby ladies <3
Wish: more time to laze around and have fun!

Post by shiraoky » Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:46 am

Looks like it'll be starting again soon~
Thanks to M-J for the beautiful sigs<3~!
Eclairs
Shinigami
Shinigami

Post by Eclairs » Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:00 am

I am really starting to lose my appetite on KBM -_- with this neverending problems.