Teleporter
Teleporter
Worships: Furukawa Nagisa
Melon Pan: 50
Wish: Kyubey

Re: Best Moe Tournament 2011

Post by moemio » Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:47 am

My rank is

Homura >> Erio > Victorique > Elsea > Ruiko > Kyouko >>> Madoka >>>>>> Charlotte (I dislike her)
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Umi
Void mage
Void mage
Worships: Ichinose Kotomi

Post by Umi » Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:12 am

In order of preference,
Madoka=Homura > Victorique > Erio > Elsea=Kyouko > Ruiko > Charlotte
Eclairs
Shinigami
Shinigami
Worships: Tamura Manami // Nagato Yuki // Aisaka Taiga
Wish: MUFC to win the treble of Premier League, FA cup and UEFA Champions league in the 2013/2014 season.

Post by Eclairs » Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:28 am

wow, apparently most of the forumers hate Charlotte :( . I agree that IS sucked, but to swept Charlotte down just because she heralds from a gutter trash, abomination type anime is a like 'following the trend' etc. I for one like her, because she seems like a proper girl in the silly outcast of IS. A maiden in love who is willing to go that extra mile when she is alone with her love interest, but kept a safer distance when they are in the public. Not overly clingy, kind hearted girls are rare in gutter trash harem animes.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Thanks a lot to Hikari-Chan , Midnight-Jasper and ppizzapie for the awesome signatures and slivers.
"Take caution thy children, for thou art guilty of sin if thou does not fappeth to the lolis!" Bob 23:29-192
Momo
State alchemist
State alchemist
Badges:
ImageImage
Worships: Akemi Homura
Melon Pan: 132
Wish: Yotsuba-chan♥

Post by Momo » Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:17 pm

Actually, I just like the other girls more than her. And I don't hate her. I just don't like her. Yuki, on the other hand...
Eclairs wrote:wow, apparently most of the forumers hate Charlotte :( . I agree that IS sucked, but to swept Charlotte down just because she heralds from a gutter trash, abomination type anime is a like 'following the trend' etc.
No, it's not "following the trend," there is no such relevant trend. The closest thing that would come would be liking a character less than another because its anime is inferior. Typically this is because the inferior anime will have significantly less development to pull this character out of its generic mold. "Trend" is not even applicable.

I can only speak for myself, but I don't dislike her because <IS> was a crap anime (I wouldn't go so far as to call it "gutter trash, abomination type anime," but to each their own~), I dislike her because I dislike her. Despite <IS> being horribly deficit in development, plot, character and otherwise, I do like some of the other girls, albeit not to an immense degree. I do not judge characters based on their anime, I judge a character for, well, their character. Just because I like an anime does not mean I love all the characters; likewise, just because I dislike an anime doesn't mean I hate all the characters. Whether I like or dislike an anime/manga, I will always have characters I like/am neutral to/tolerate/dislike independent of the irrelevant-to-the-character content of the plot; in fact, much of the time, I read into and logically extrapolate the character beyond the confines of the story, and base judgement on that. eg. seeing the parallels between Shiina (AB!) and Kasuga Kusunoki (KamiNomi)
Eclairs wrote:I for one like her, because she seems like a proper girl in the silly outcast of IS.
I, for one, do not equate the best of a crap selection anywhere near the equivalent of the best of a good selection.
Infinite Stratos spoilerShow
Eclairs wrote:A maiden in love who is willing to go that extra mile and hop naked into the bath alone with her love interest who is obviously too dense to act like a normal human being and realize what she's doing, but kept a safer distance as she made him go out buy a bikini with her alone and pulled him into a changing cubicle, in which she subsequently stripped, (with him in that same confined space, not more than half a meter from her bare, naked body, the poor tormented hormonal teenage boy) to try on said bikini when they are in the public. Not overly clingy though jealous/possessive enough to push and pull him away into aforementioned cubicle when she sees their other friends and her rivals, kind hearted girls are rare in gutter trash harem animes because girls who treasure observed promises for a decade and bring lunch for their crush daily even as a child are obviously not kindhearted and are cruel, heartless bitches.
SpoilerShow
<IS> is successful because it is a shounen harem anime targeted towards the male population and everything in red above appears to be your typical male wetdr-
/shot
I fixed it for you~

The sad truth is, I actually liked/was ambivalent to Char, as I like/am ambivalent to everyone else in that show (bar Cecilia Alcott, whom I hate) and I didn't see any of the things I said above until the like, 16 millionth time she came up in conversation in the forum/chatzy/IRC channel -.-;; All I thought prior was that she didn't really deserve to be ranked so high given the comparatively little character dev/vague variance from the archetype, and how the points she gained with me for helping Laura out were negated by her uncharacteristic over-forwardness in aforementioned scenes, to make her the upper end of neutral. I suppose I should thank you for allowing me to see past the indifferent mask I'd thrown over her and into her character, something I regret to admit I have a tendency to do for shows that hold little/no contextual appeal to me; at least now I acknowledge her an an individual character, though admittedly this might bias me should there be and I watch any further seasons of <IS>.

So thanks?

Revenge Time~
Kudos to my amazing Secret Santa ♥
hinakatbklyn
Incubator
Incubator
Melon Pan: 55

Post by hinakatbklyn » Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:35 pm

That figures!!! First Ruri, then Mikoto, now Charlotte is Madoka's opponent! It would take alot for me to hate a character, but don't expect me to support a dominating Saimoe opponent.
At least they kept Ruiko away from Homura and only has to face Kyouko so she has a chance at reaching the top 4.

I wasn't sure I would expect either Elucia or Erio to reach the top 4. Since they face each other, one will have a chance at reaching the top 4.
Alexander
Translator
Translator
Badges:
Melon Pan: 92
Wish: It's a secret

Post by Alexander » Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:31 pm

Matches suck a lot.
ImageImage
JLoable91
Shinigami
Shinigami
Worships: Izayoi Sakuya
Wish: Gotta nom 'em all!~

Post by JLoable91 » Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:57 pm

Victorique :tearsad:
Jeffrey-sama
Soul gem
Soul gem
Wish: K-ON! Season 3

Post by Jeffrey-sama » Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:15 pm

Thoughts on QuarterfinalsShow
1) sucks to be victorique. almost a guaranteed homura victory here.
2) only match that doesn't involve a PMMM representative. hoping that erio to wins this one.
3) don't really care who wins here but i'll be voting for madoka.
4) kyouko, 'nuff said.
shiraoky
Electromaster
Electromaster
Worships: the rwby ladies <3
Wish: more time to laze around and have fun!

Post by shiraoky » Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:35 pm

1) Ouch, Sorry Victorique, but I'm really supporting Homura here.
2) Agh, a match with two people not in my top 4. That means something bad.
3) And here it is.
4) Kyouko ftw.
Thanks to M-J for the beautiful sigs<3~!
HeartClover
Space cowboy
Space cowboy
Worships: Audrey Hepburn
Wish: adventure

Post by HeartClover » Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:09 pm

Victorique ;___________;
Thanks to my lovely Emjayfor the sig~
Momento10
Electromaster
Electromaster
Badges:
ImageImageImageImage
Worships: Setsumi Sakura
Melon Pan: 88
2019 Female Favorite: Tōma Kazusa
2019 Male Favorite: Ayanokōji Kiyotaka
2018 Female Favorite: Nishimiya Shōko
2018 Male Favorite: Sagara Sōsuke
Wish: ISML - A new face for the champion.
KBM - to revive
AST - to encourage international participation
IRL - My definition of peace and tranquility.

Post by Momento10 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:21 am

Why do I have a bad feeling this is going to be yet another Madoka final?
shiraoky
Electromaster
Electromaster
Worships: the rwby ladies <3
Wish: more time to laze around and have fun!

Post by shiraoky » Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:35 am

I wouldn't mind another Madoka finale, but if it isn't one, I don't mind either lols.
Thanks to M-J for the beautiful sigs<3~!
Jeffrey-sama
Soul gem
Soul gem
Wish: K-ON! Season 3

Post by Jeffrey-sama » Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:46 am

Momento10 wrote:Why do I have a bad feeling this is going to be yet another Madoka final?
it probably will be, lol.
i don't see homura losing to victorique any time soon, while kyouko and madoka will most likely be able to defeat their opponents.
Alexander
Translator
Translator
Badges:
Melon Pan: 92
Wish: It's a secret

Post by Alexander » Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:06 am

Momento10 wrote:Why do I have a bad feeling this is going to be yet another Madoka final?
I seriously hope not. It's going to be AWFUL if it happens.
ImageImage
xcrossfacekillahx
Incubator
Incubator
Worships: Rosario Cross
Wish: A very good tournament and more cookies. Moehood to reign

Post by xcrossfacekillahx » Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:20 am

^ If AST is AWFUL enough then this is worse. Restarted and all they want is a Madoka final plain and simple. I won't be surprised if it happens because they just can't accept losing. If their character is really that strong, even with the additional 300 votes, they would win really. I would have accepted that Madoka losing to Sora and Homura losing to Mio last time would be better even if it meant Mio probably winning again.
Yakuman
Berserker
Berserker
Worships: Kurumi-sama *.*
Wish: more

Post by Yakuman » Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:04 am

*sees new draw, Homura vs Victorique*

FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
Hurry up and make a contract with me! ◕‿‿◕ ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
defeated but not forgotten favoritesShow
ImageImageImage
Materials used in the sig are courtesy of Marinara, ppizzapie, Hikari-chan and Annabloem
Momo
State alchemist
State alchemist
Badges:
ImageImage
Worships: Akemi Homura
Melon Pan: 132
Wish: Yotsuba-chan♥

Post by Momo » Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:17 am

xcrossfacekillahx wrote:^ If AST is AWFUL enough then this is worse. Restarted and all they want is a Madoka final plain and simple. I won't be surprised if it happens because they just can't accept losing. If their character is really that strong, even with the additional 300 votes, they would win really. I would have accepted that Madoka losing to Sora and Homura losing to Mio last time would be better even if it meant Mio probably winning again.
You have to remember that 300 votes in KBM is drastically different from 300 votes in ISML; that character would have to be throwing out early-Kanade-like punches --stronger even, not even Kanade got the 62-65% win that would be needed against her higher-tier opponents. Had their been that scale of multivoting going through in ISML (which would never happen, btw, due to the rigorous VC that votes go through here that KBM lacks), Kanade would have
  • lost to Eucliwood in Aquamarine,
  • lost to Mio and draw about even with Charlotte in Topaz,
  • lost to Shana and barely beat Saber in Amethyst,
  • lost to Yuki, Haruhi and possibly Hitagi in Sapphire,
  • lost to Hinagiku, Hirasawa Yui and barely beat Tomoyo in Emerald,
  • lost to Azu-nyan and Taiga in Ruby (also almost gives Vicky a chance),
  • and lost to Kuroneko, give Kirino a chance, and definitely lost miserably to Mikoto in Diamond.
And this is ISML Regular-Season Kanade strength. Had this happened in Post-Season, every. single. match. (excl Exhib) would have turned out the opposite way except Kanade vs. Nadeko and possibly Mikoto vs. Charlotte. 300 votes is not to be laughed at when there are only 1, 1.5, 2 thousand votes max. (and thank Kami-sama we have overworked statisticians slaving away at the masses of data to throw out the MVs we get.)

I don't think restarting was the best choice, I still think that having at least some form of VC that isn't retrospective at whim is preferable, and I still think KBM Match Schedule sucks and is sorted stupidly (although I think it died off already in RageH/H... it went fast too lol) but at least the MV-restart slammed the presence of multivoting into relevant people... :roll: and I've always thought KBM was biased

That said, for a change, it's relatively easy for me to pick votes mostly because I don't know half of them (Sorry Erio/Saten/Vicky). I do wonder, though, how Mikoto's ISML win might have affected her match against Madoka... and if Madoka will gather enough hate-voters to let Homura/Kyouko, if they make it that far, win ♥

Revenge Time~
Kudos to my amazing Secret Santa ♥
imbehindyou
Time traveler
Time traveler
Worships: Rena
Wish: Becoming Pokemon Master.  Wishes for: Becoming teh Master Hater.  Wishes for: James' Victreebel & Mime Jr. Secret Identity: I am a robot. 

Post by imbehindyou » Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:22 am

Victorique > Elsie > Madoka > Homura > Kyouko > Saten > Charlotte = Erio
Eclairs
Shinigami
Shinigami
Worships: Tamura Manami // Nagato Yuki // Aisaka Taiga
Wish: MUFC to win the treble of Premier League, FA cup and UEFA Champions league in the 2013/2014 season.

Post by Eclairs » Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:29 am

What a schedule ...

Arena 1 - Voting for Homura.
Arena 2 - Voting for LC
Arena 3 - Voting for Charlotte eventhough i know Madoka will win
Arena 4 - Voting for Saten-san, eventhough Kyouko will blast her way.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Thanks a lot to Hikari-Chan , Midnight-Jasper and ppizzapie for the awesome signatures and slivers.
"Take caution thy children, for thou art guilty of sin if thou does not fappeth to the lolis!" Bob 23:29-192
JLoable91
Shinigami
Shinigami
Worships: Izayoi Sakuya
Wish: Gotta nom 'em all!~

Post by JLoable91 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:24 am

Arena 1: Vicky ;_; I'm not voting here!
Arena 2: LC
Arena 3: Madoka
Arena 4: ... idk