Wish: An awesome 2020 ISML.

Re: Anime Saimoe Tournament 2013: Serious F***ing Business

Post by Hachiko » Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:33 pm

NewsShow
"'All-World Madokrew' not taking any prisoners": Akemi
Kyouko Sakura impales Tsukiko Tsutsukakushi to advance to 2channel AST semis

By Jo-Ryan Salazar
November 15, 2013

The Devilish Advocate of many names, Homura Akemi, has a personal name for the voters on 2channel that support the cause of the Puella Magi: the Madokrew. They were at it again on Friday in Japan, giving Kyouko Sakura a decisive 182-86 victory over Tsukiko Tsutsukakushi in the quarterfinals of the 2013 Anime Saimoe Tournament.

"Our Madokrew is All-World when it comes to getting the job done," Akemi said from her quarters in Mitakihara Town, Japan via teleconference. "They know what they like in a winner, and soon, they will have to make a choice on who among my partners will earn the Saimoe Prime Minister's Office. You already know who I'm tapping, I don't need to tell you, but it's up to our loyal voters to either affirm my decision or go in a different direction.
"When the first hour begins, expect my one-and-only to get separation early and build on it from there." - Homura Akemi

"I don't see Watashi or Toshinou Kyouko as a legit threat to the big picture but that does not mean either of them should be sold short. If all goes according to plan, the winner of that contest is the one piece of resistance left, and we'll look to consign that person to 3rd or 4th place. I am pretty confident that Madoka, who is my pick to win it all, will do her part of the bargain and send Ruri Gokou home packing.

"And it's unfortunate for Gokou, because she earned her way to this point in the race, and she would be deserving of earning a mythical Saimoe double, but she is hitting a big brick wall in a few hours. When the first hour begins, expect my one-and-only to get separation early and build on it from there. Deep down inside, I am looking for a good race, but if our corps of voters has their way, well...that's how this tournament goes."

"The last time I was in the quarterfinals, I was facing Sayaka-chan," Kaname recalled in an interview via phone at the Kaname family residence. "I defeated her, but I had to face Mami-san afterwards. If you ask me, I'd rather face Sayaka-chan in the final, but I don't want to think about that right now. I have a black cat to skin."
Image "I think Madoka is gonna be all right," Sakura said, munching on her 11th box of Pocky in a week. "Some people are hoping that Kuroneko is going to pull out a miracle, but are you kidding me? What, with everything that is going on right now with the tournament and the way we've been bossing this, it's Madoka's match to lose. All the voters need to do is vote for her.

"Look, we have never had a Saimoe double winner since 2010. Mio [Akiyama] won the ISML and Anizone Best Moe, and the year before that, Taiga [Aisaka] was tops in Japan and Korea. Those are the two moments that I recall where someone got the double. Don't get me wrong, Ruri's got her charms and I wouldn't mind spending some time with her to get to know her better, but 1. she belongs to Kyousuke Kousaka's harem of girls, and 2. she's facing us again.

"We beat her before, we're going to do it again. Just watch us. It will not even be close."

Mami Tomoe is a previous winner of this tournament and served her Saimoe Prime Minister term over a year ago. Tomoe was optomistic about Kaname's chances of winning.

"Kaname-san had the most votes of all the winners in the Round of 16 and it should be more of the same," Tomoe said via phone interview. "She isn't someone that will be too confident. She's a realist, she's very humble in what she does and her purity and big heart are the types of qualities that have made her popular with the people who vote in these races.

"Kaname-san doesn't make any of this up. It's not artificial, what she does. It's genuine. It's real. She means what she does. She wasn't raised in the Catholic or Anglican faiths, but she embraces the ideals of people who are charitable throughout the course of history. Most of all, she's rediscovered the joy of being alive again and being with those that she loves so much, including Akemi-san. She realizes that helping people face-to-face and reaching out to people in need is a calling she can answer to.
"...her purity and big heart are the types of qualities that have made her popular with the people who vote in these races..." - Mami Tomoe on Madoka Kaname
"She doesn't take part in this contest for the fame or for the responsibilities that come from being a winner. She does it because she believes in making a difference in people's lives and helping them use the power of hope to transform desperation into determination, confidence, perseverance and ultimately, success. For Kaname-san, their happiness is her happiness, and that message and belief is the main reason why the voters have been supporting her this year."

Tsutsukakushi expected the result, but was optomistic about her next steps.

"Me and Azusa had a good run," Tsutsukakushi said at a press conference at Yoto Yokodera's house in Tokyo. "We're not going to fret over this because we knew we were up against it this year against the magical girls. ISML will be a different story. I expect to be in the regular season next year but it's up to the voters. If I qualify, I think I will do well at that tournament."
Last edited by Hachiko on Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LOveLive!
[HUMAN SEQUENCER]
[HUMAN SEQUENCER]
Badges:
ImageImage
Worships: Dante, Traveler of the Burning Abyss
Melon Pan: 306
Wish: To do IIDX well

Post by LOveLive! » Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:47 pm

One of nekos was gone...

And the other neko is ready to be out...
Desufire
Shinigami
Shinigami
Badges:
Worships: Orihime Inoue
Melon Pan: 60
Wish: For sugar to not be unhealthy, and campaigning to be easier

Post by Desufire » Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:41 pm

Hachiko wrote:
yes it's all right we're doing fine, so fine...Show
LOL!

0/4 good wins in QFs
akumaxx
Puella magi
Puella magi
Melon Pan: 50
Wish: An ISML without harmonics

Post by akumaxx » Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:29 pm

Result of 11.16Show
Qf2
1st 272 (52.11%) Madoka Kaname @ Puella Magi Madoka Magica
2nd 250 (47.89%) Ruri Gokou @ Ore No Imouto Ga Konna Ni Kawaii Wake Ga Nai
Fight evil with evil - you are screwed.
Last edited by akumaxx on Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
== Low Activity ==
Current Soul: 269
Newest cards of Saimoe set: (Resized for signature use)
Previous cardsShow
Hachiko
Heavenly Tiara
Heavenly Tiara
Worships: Kaname Madoka
2020 Female Favorite: Aisaka Taiga
2020 Male Favorite: Agatsuma Zen'itsu
2019 Female Favorite: Kaname Madoka
2019 Male Favorite: Azusagawa Sakuta
2018 Female Favorite: Chtholly Nota Seniorious
2018 Male Favorite: Hikigaya Hachiman

Post by Hachiko » Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:32 pm

graphicsShow
Hachiko
Heavenly Tiara
Heavenly Tiara

Post by Hachiko » Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:01 pm

NewsShow
Image Gimme All Your Lovin'!
Madoka Kaname edges Ruri Gokou to advance to 2ch AST semis

By Jo-Ryan Salazar
November 16, 2013

There were scenes of jubilation and relief at Mitakihara Middle School this evening. The strains of ZZ Top's "Gimme All Your Lovin'" were blared out by a staff member and a mob of local residents, students and Madoka Magica fans were elated by the news that Ruri Gokou had cheated to try to pull off an upset over Madoka Kaname but failed. The end result: a 272-250 nailbiter that got really good in the last two hours.

"She is not gonna be denied!" roared a Kaname supporter who chose to remain anonymous. "My goddess will not be denied the glory! This victory is hers and Kyouko Sakura is going to go down like a dog!"

"Well, I knew Madoka was going to be all right, but just like with my fight against her two years ago, she laid everything on the line," Sakura said, eating another hamburger with all the fixings. "I'm going to try to make it a race against Madoka but I know that after a match like this, I will be lucky to be within 50 votes of her. This is going to be an impossible mission."

"This could be smooth sailing for me after this but I'm not going to sell Kyouko-chan short," Madoka said. "She is a brilliant, capable fighter fueled by faith and strong beliefs so it will be an honor to face her for the right to be in the Grand Final. I am ready to do my best."

"That was a close call; I thought Gokou-san was going to eliminate my wife and foil my plan," Homura Akemi said via phone interview. "The one thing about Madoka is that she fights a fair race and she doesn't cheat to get the results she wants. I tip my hat of to Kuroneko, because she is someone that earned my respect two years ago and earns my respect this year."

The victory by Kaname raises doubts as to whether or not Mami Tomoe is ready to win a rare second Saimoe Prime Minister term.

"At this point, I'm not going to pay attention to Kaname-san's campaign or any others except myself, and for me, this is just playing for fun," Tomoe said. "But I'm going to take Miki-san seriously and give her a test on Monday to see if she has what it takes to leave an impression on me."

"I'm pissed off at Ruri, personally, because I was hoping she was going to make the road a bit easier for me," said the other Kyouko, Kyouko Toshinou. "She should have played fair against Madoka and she did not. I'm going to focus on Watashi tomorrow, but now my hopes to shock the nation have crumbled faster than blue cheese.

"Damn it! Damn it all to hell! Get lost, Ruri, you traitor! I never liked your ass to begin with, so get lost already!"

Watashi, meanwhile, had mixed feelings about the result.

"This contest was in decline ever since the Puella Magi Party dominated this thing," Watashi said as a gang of fairies snacked on a basket of cookies after another day at the Office for Lack of Personal Safety. "But I'm still in it, and I look to build on some quiet confidence. Don't sleep on me; otherwise I have to wake you up."
Hachiko
Heavenly Tiara
Heavenly Tiara

Post by Hachiko » Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:23 pm

thanks Obama!Show
Um, Mr. Obama doesn't care about these contests, Watashi. Hate to break it to you.
LOveLive!
[HUMAN SEQUENCER]
[HUMAN SEQUENCER]
Badges:
ImageImage

Post by LOveLive! » Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:27 pm

Poor Kuroneko, she was killed by PMMM twice... :cry:
Midnight-Jasper
Intelligent device
Intelligent device
Badges:
Wish: viva all, baby~

Post by Midnight-Jasper » Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:52 pm

watashi watashi watashi watashi watashi watashi watashi watashi watashi watashi watashi watashi watashi watashi watashi watashi
Desufire
Shinigami
Shinigami
Badges:

Post by Desufire » Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:27 am

Yaya Madoka won! Very close match too, looks like this competition can still be entertaining.

Go Toshino Kyouko!

1/4 good results
Hachiko
Heavenly Tiara
Heavenly Tiara

Post by Hachiko » Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:21 am

What a nice, thrilling, exciting, edge-of-your-seat race we have here in this third quarterfinal. Ninth hour now...and Watashi leads 33-25.
Hachiko
Heavenly Tiara
Heavenly Tiara

Post by Hachiko » Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:04 am

Mou, HomuHomu...Show
Hachiko
Heavenly Tiara
Heavenly Tiara

Post by Hachiko » Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:30 am

Homura knows...Show
akumaxx
Puella magi
Puella magi
Wish: An ISML without harmonics

Post by akumaxx » Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:30 pm

Result of 11.17, not translatedShow
Qf3
1st 146 (59.35%) Main Character @ Mankind Has Declined
2nd 100 (40.65%) Kyouko Toshinou @ Yuru Yuri
The last hope.
Last edited by akumaxx on Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
== Low Activity ==
Current Soul: 269
Newest cards of Saimoe set: (Resized for signature use)
Previous cardsShow
Hachiko
Heavenly Tiara
Heavenly Tiara

Post by Hachiko » Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:32 pm

graphicsShow
Hachiko
Heavenly Tiara
Heavenly Tiara

Post by Hachiko » Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:56 pm

NewsShow
Image "I don't worry about the competition": Watashi
Main Character advances to 2channel Anime Saimoe Semifinals after snoozer over Kyouko T.

By Jo-Ryan Salazar
November 17, 2013

After defeating Kyouko Toshinou in the third quarterfinal of the 2channel Anime Saimoe Tournament, the Main Character from Humanity Has Declined elected to be a bit more introspective about her result. The Main Character, who is known as Watashi, will be facing either Mami Tomoe or Sayaka Miki in the semifinals and was very confident about her chances.

"I'm in a great position right now because I'm the last non-Puella Magi character standing," Watashi said via phone interview. "This is an exciting time for me. "I got the Assistant, my grandfather, Y, P-ko, Oyage, Curly and the Fairies making phone calls and talking with people about what I intend to do as Saimoe Prime Minister, the measures needed to be taken and the work that has to be done.

"This year has been tough for the Saimoe campaign. This tournament has been on the decline, and I think it's important to know that my theme and my background and my role as a mediator reflects the situation with the Saimoe movement. I want to be able to restore confidence in the Japanese people, in the voters that make these sorts of decisions.
Image "It will not be easy defeating Mami or Sayaka. Tomoe is a proven winner. She's been here before and brings a lot of experience. Miki brings confidence and optimism and is driven by a sense of justice. She is the everyman, the weekend warrior, the working-class heroine. Both are valiant opponents and should be respected.

"As for me, I am confident that I can restore hope in this country. If I am voted as Saimoe Prime Minister, if I am given the chance to make an impact in people's lives, you will see results that can be felt immediately. Our campaign team has put together a great gameplan and so far, it's done the job. But the job is far from finished."

"She is a very valiant opponent, and one that I would be honored to take on," said Mami Tomoe via phone interview. "But if you look at the turnouts for that contest, not a lot of people are planning to take Watashi seriously. That doesn't mean we're going to sell her short. We know she is someone that can surprise and impress. Either Miki-san or myself will have to face that challenge head-on."

"I don't want to worry about Watashi-chan right now," Sayaka Miki said via videoconference. "Mami-san has made it an intent to make her own piece of history and I need to stop her. I want the voters to consider the fact that no character has gone on to win the Saimoe Prime Minister Office two times. History is not on Mami's side, and I need to keep that trend going."

Kyouko Sakura, who had been monitoring the results, was not surprised by the outcome.

"Once Kuroneko [Ruri Gokou] was gone," Sakura said, "Watashi became the last hope for the non-Puella Magi voters. We're not going to take Watashi lightly. I'm sure Sayaka or Mami will be able to take care of her this week."
LOveLive!
[HUMAN SEQUENCER]
[HUMAN SEQUENCER]
Badges:
ImageImage

Post by LOveLive! » Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:16 pm

Everything is unfolding as according to the predicted scenario...
Desufire
Shinigami
Shinigami
Badges:

Post by Desufire » Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:29 pm

Darn, no Kyouko win :<

1/4 good win.
Sir Maddy
Uguu~
Uguu~
Worships: Ryuuguu Rena
Wish: To see Rena appear in ISML one more time.

Post by Sir Maddy » Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:59 am

WATASHI FOR SAIMOE 2013!
Hachiko
Heavenly Tiara
Heavenly Tiara

Post by Hachiko » Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:19 am

In these types of events, it's pretty much pick your poison.
Oh Mami...and we'll never be royals...Show