2017 Male Favorite: Killua Zoldyck
Wish: Hikachu to not hate me

Hurt and Heal - General Discussion

Post by Chocola » Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:51 pm

to desu:

edit this post with relevant info

move other H/H threads from games forum to this forum

to everyone:

all discussion about H/H should be posted here to prevent chitchat in the game thread

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
  1. Only accounts older than October 1st 2015 may participate. Accounts with a post count lower than 100 may be subject to further scrutiny.
  2. You may post three times per page with no time limit. Afterwards, you must wait 1 hour after your previous post on that page to post again.
    EXCEPTION: If a character is killed, that post is exempt from the all limits except double posting.
  3. You may not double post.
  4. Your post cannot kill two or more characters if there are less than 5 characters remaining. Any other time is fine.
  5. When voting, recopy the entire list, visibly indicate changes and recalculate characters' HP.
    • All changes must be in a form of brackets and have a negative or positive symbol before your number. For example: [-1], {+2}, (-2) All posts not following this rule will be declared invalid.
    • Please consider using the 'quote' function for accuracy. Remove the quote tags if you use the quote function before you post or else.
  6. You can no longer edit your post. Remove quote tags before you post and check your list or you will have a strike against you.
  7. Make sure your list is accurate or suffer penalties. Repeated infringements may incur penalties that may include an extension in time between posting up to a temporary ban from playing. If you make a mistake, the next poster should fix your error. Check each others' work.
  8. Fix others' math errors if possible. If they can't be fixed then votes that break the rules should be marked as invalid and discounted.
  9. If there are discrepancies between the math used in a vote and the actual stated amount in the brackets, the amount stated in the brackets will be what is considered your vote. If the amounts in the brackets goes over the allotted AP, your vote will be considered invalid.
    EXCEPTION: If the brackets don't add up because of brackets left behind from a previous post you may have missed deleting, then your vote will still be considered valid.
  10. If, due to errors, a character dies before the kill post, and said kill post broke the time barrier, said kill post will be invalidated.
    EXCEPTION: If, without the kill post, another character that had died CORRECTLY would no longer be dead, said kill post will NOT be invalidated.
  11. I will try to post an "accuracy" post every 10 pages or so if there happens to be a lot of errors.
  12. If errors become too numerous, I will be locking the thread to get the accurate total and be unlocking it without warning.
  13. The Hall of Fame is reserved for characters who, as the name suggests, accomplish 'fame'-worthy achievements. Due to popular vote, no characters or players are exempt from participating in Hurt or Heal any longer.
New Limits
  • Maximum actions per vote: 4
  • If you use 4 actions, the minimum characters affected is 2. Otherwise, there are no character limits.
  • Characters that have 21-50 points can only be affected by 1 or 2 actions.
  • Characters that have 1-20 points can only be affected by 1 action.
Senior Members: If there are no moderators around and you spot a significant error, lock the thread, make an correction post (do not hurt/heal), then unlock the thread. This rule now excludes Alex.

Please do not make off-topic posts. If you have something to say, you have to also vote.
If you have a question or comment about this game, please post here.

summary of changes:
-normal members can no longer edit or delete posts in the H/H subforum, this means:
--no need to worry about people deleting posts
--you cannot quote, post, then remove quotes afterwards via edit
--if you make a mistake, post in general discussion for the next person to fix
-posting limit is 3x per page
-limits are changed based on points
-senior members cannot edit or delete any posts, but they can still lock the thread and make correction posts
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
MAL Ratings ISML Chat, Saimoe Blog, Saimoe Wiki
A tall, towering wall looms in front of me. Beyond that is something that I could never to see on my own.
And that is...the view from the top.
Just
[Kiwi's Melon]
[Kiwi's Melon]
Badges:
ImageImageImageImage
Melon Pan: 0
2017 Female Favorite: Shiodome Miuna
2017 Male Favorite: Hikigaya Hachiman
Wish: May children never suffer.

Re: Hurt and Heal - General Discussion

Post by Just » Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:18 pm

Wow so now a separate board will be set up for H/H? 0 0
SpoilerShow
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Kiwigiwi
[Apteryx mantelli]
[Apteryx mantelli]
Badges:
ImageImageImageImage
Worships: Alphinaud's carbuncle
Melon Pan: 81
2018 Female Favorite: Akemi Homura
2018 Male Favorite: Kūjō Jōtarō
2017 Female Favorite: Kirigiri Kyōko
2017 Male Favorite: Heiwajima Shizuo
Wish: ZackRay

Post by Kiwigiwi » Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:26 pm

This is gonna be the next most toxic thread...isn't it?

♡ Secret Santa Daisuki ♡
SecretsShow
♫ Much love to my secret santa of 2016 ♥
Momo
State alchemist
State alchemist
Badges:
ImageImage
Worships: Akemi Homura
Melon Pan: 132
Wish: Yotsuba-chan♥

Post by Momo » Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:41 am

Kurogarasu wrote:This is gonna be the next most toxic thread...isn't it?
Maybe there be an option to block the sub forum as a whole-
#plsineeditkholdy

Revenge Time~
Kudos to my amazing Secret Santa ♥
Desufire
Shinigami
Shinigami
Badges:
Worships: Orihime Inoue
Melon Pan: 60
Wish: For sugar to not be unhealthy, and campaigning to be easier

Post by Desufire » Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:32 am

So that everyone is not surprised when the next Hurt or Heal pops up. There is a new set of rules, that are mostly similar to the old rules but with some notable changes

The full list of rules is visible in the Opening Post
Asuna
Alchemist
Alchemist
Worships: Kamineko
Melon Pan: 50

Post by Asuna » Fri Oct 09, 2015 3:49 pm

interesting changes, look forward to seeing how this plays :)
lischan
Season faery
Season faery
Worships: Isaac & Miria

Post by lischan » Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:22 pm

Hello!

It seems that some people got quite upset that I came in to play the last round of Hurt And Heal, so I'd just like to apologize for it!! :arrowed: :arrowed: I didn't know about the game until I was chatting to Momo and she mentioned that she was sad because there were a lot of people hurting Kurisu in a game she was playing. I do love Kurisu, so I was a bit upset to see you all hurting her! I wanted to help Kurisu and it was also a bonus that I could do something for Momo since she's been so nice to me this whole time, so I posted in the thread for the period I was online (I think it was only twice). But from all the PMs I've received, it seems those two posts upset a lot of people :arrowed: I didn't know that it was only a special group of people who were allowed to play, so I'd just like to say that I'm really sorry for upsetting you all and allowing my love for Kurisu to interfere with such an important game to you all. :frown: I didn't mean to anger all the people who like Shana so I'm very very sorry to all of you who have sent me upset PMs and for anyone didn't send me a PM, but who shared that feeling!

I'm really really sorry for any trouble I've caused and I hope you'll all forgive me for my ignorance!!
Thanks Hikari-chan!! :love:
Fuijiwara
[Ebb and Flow]
[Ebb and Flow]
Badges:
ImageImageImage
Worships: Fuijiwara no Mokou
Melon Pan: 2
Wish: Happiness~~

Post by Fuijiwara » Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:06 pm

lischan wrote:Hello!

It seems that some people got quite upset that I came in to play the last round of Hurt And Heal, so I'd just like to apologize for it!! :arrowed: :arrowed: I didn't know about the game until I was chatting to Momo and she mentioned that she was sad because there were a lot of people hurting Kurisu in a game she was playing. I do love Kurisu, so I was a bit upset to see you all hurting her! I wanted to help Kurisu and it was also a bonus that I could do something for Momo since she's been so nice to me this whole time, so I posted in the thread for the period I was online (I think it was only twice). But from all the PMs I've received, it seems those two posts upset a lot of people :arrowed: I didn't know that it was only a special group of people who were allowed to play, so I'd just like to say that I'm really sorry for upsetting you all and allowing my love for Kurisu to interfere with such an important game to you all. :frown: I didn't mean to anger all the people who like Shana so I'm very very sorry to all of you who have sent me upset PMs and for anyone didn't send me a PM, but who shared that feeling!

I'm really really sorry for any trouble I've caused and I hope you'll all forgive me for my ignorance!!
Lischan, don't feel sad

While it is true that the amount of posts that you have may cause your posts to be under scrutiny since you didn't fulfil the 50 posts requirement, but I'm pretty sure no one blames you for anything nor are you excluded from this type of activity. If anyone did PM you about that, it's probably them unloading their frustration on the loss of their character. It's alright these things happen here because its H/H. Everyone is generally nicer outside this game so don't feel bad- it's just the game.
2015 SilversShow
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Desufire
Shinigami
Shinigami
Badges:
Worships: Orihime Inoue
Melon Pan: 60
Wish: For sugar to not be unhealthy, and campaigning to be easier

Post by Desufire » Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:56 pm

Never, under any circumstance, feel bad for supporting a character or a player in any way. If someone gets mad about it, that's on them, not on you. Never let someone intimidate you into doing something you don't want if you feel they are bullying you. Some people (including myself) have been known to try and intimidate others before, but it commonly doesn't work.

Don't feel bad for wanting to help out Kurisu or Momo. You did what you wanted to. And you are not to blame for Shana's death. In my personal opinion, Shana's death was the result of people following someone's plan to kill Kurisu, and ended up having their favorite targeted as a result, I'm pretty sure the original person had no affiliation with Shana in the first place, so they didn't care one way or the other as long as Kurisu died. But that's a whole other matter.

If PM's become rude, mean, or insulting. Never feel afraid to message me or Momo or any other mod if we aren't available, and ask for our help in the situation. We will try and defuse things calmly but if the other person begins harassing you, they will start receiving penalties. Being rude to others is not okay. You can be upset about a certain character losing, but don't take it out on another player by lambasting them via Private Message (or even worse in the game itself).

If all else fails, just turn off your PM's. There's an option in your profile to turn off PMs. I will ALWAYS have PMs on, so you can always talk to me, but there's always that other option.
Just
[Kiwi's Melon]
[Kiwi's Melon]
Badges:
ImageImageImageImage

Post by Just » Fri Oct 09, 2015 11:58 pm

*hugs lischan* ]while looking out for Momo being angry at someone snuggling her pet

Don't feel bad about anything you've done in the game! First thing's first, this game is not really one that only special group of people are allowed to play. There are criteria, one being registered before 1 Oct (you fulfill that) and the other a softer one requiring 100 posts but subject to scrutiny (you don't have 100 posts, but I believe people around know you well enough to welcome you to the game, at least I do). So you joining the game has no problem at all. I also only joined the game upon PM, though mine was of course calling for help for Shana. Nobody could blame me for suddenly joining or anything I did in the game, if someone does I'll bite him/her :<

Now I hope I've convinced you that you've done nothing wrong joining the game, then comes what you've done in the game. You did not offend any rules. You have not done anything wrong in the game. You like Kurisu, so you healed her. At the time Shana was Kurisu's greatest enemy, so you hurt her. There's nothing wrong at all, that's the exact nature of the game of Hurt & Heal. It's just like playing a game of chess, can your opponent be angry at you because you're killing his/her pieces? Of course Shana fans would be upset at anybody hurting her in the game, just like Momo being upset that people are hurting Kurisu, and you being upset at Momo being upset and wanting to help her. That's all part of the game. Please don't think your actions in the game have interfered with anybody, your feelings for the characters and towards your Forum companions are way more important.

And then about the PMs. I don't know what exactly the contents were, but please don't think it's your fault if they are offensive or disturbing, you shall report them to any Mod (usually coloured people who are neither pink or purple are Mods) because the sender is to blame, not you. It's similar that you never blame the victim for being indecently assaulted. (I'm sorry my mind is dirty and I can't think of a better example... :<)

As for other PMs expressing upset and frustration, well, I'm in no position to judge what other people do... But I don't think negative feelings in a game shall be taken out on the opposition beyond the game. It's OK to PM for campaigning or making deals and agreements, but throwing emotions at others because of a game is not worth it, at least to me. I am a supporter of Shana and actively participated in the game, but I am not upset or angry at you :>

I was responding to your post and typed an essay (as I always tend to do... =~=), but I don't really know what message I've delivered to you... But I do hope you understand that you have not caused any trouble and have not been ignorant, there is no need to feel sorry or ask for forgiveness.
SpoilerShow
Just
[Kiwi's Melon]
[Kiwi's Melon]
Badges:
ImageImageImageImage

Post by Just » Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:02 am

Desufire wrote:Some people (including myself) have been known to try and intimidate others before, but it commonly doesn't work.
Whoa Desu is scary!
SpoilerShow
Homura
[Apprentice Magician]
[Apprentice Magician]
Badges:
Melon Pan: 55
2018 Female Favorite: Makise Kurisu
2018 Male Favorite: Yukihira Sōma
2017 Female Favorite: Katō Megumi
2017 Male Favorite: Yukihira Sōma

Post by Homura » Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:28 am

So sometimes you should think twice before taking action. I am sorry for being this realistic but I think it's good to point that out. Cheers.
Momo
State alchemist
State alchemist
Badges:
ImageImage
Worships: Akemi Homura
Melon Pan: 132
Wish: Yotsuba-chan♥

Post by Momo » Sun Oct 11, 2015 3:49 pm

Lisha, you've got nothing to apologize for and I'm very touched you cared so much ♥ You are completely welcome to play this game (though I would equally warn you that it's toxic and there is almost always #DRAMA) and no one should be venting their frustrations out on anyone, least of all you. I recommend reporting any future comments, both in the thread and outside, and PMs that do so.
Homura wrote:So sometimes you should think twice before taking action. I am sorry for being this realistic but I think it's good to point that out. Cheers.
Any insinuation that a forumer should reconsider participation in this game (or any other game/part of the forum) specifically to avoid the backlash of others' rage, and therefore the implied justification of such rage/backlash is neither appreciated nor condoned. There is a certain threshold of grace afforded for frustrations relating to Hurt and Heal; however, this does not, and will never, extend to attacks on other forumers.

Should any forumer be found to be harassing others via any means, they will receive warnings/bans as considered appropriate by staff discretion. This pertains both to participation in the game, as well as in the forum. Harassment may include (but is not limited to): any rude/inappropriate remark against a person or group that is offensive, belittling, humiliating, intimidating or threatening; any messages intended to intimidate, offend, degrade or threaten; any action intended to cause the recipient to suffer physical, emotional or psychological harm; the inappropriate use of any part of this game, any form of participation by users within this game, and any emotional investment in this game to extend beyond this game, whether to other parts of the forum or beyond. These are all inclusive of statements made regarding past actions, future participation, or external circumstances, and may be either explicit or implied.
Any comments, posts, PMs, or messages of any form that fulfill, partially fulfill, or are thought to potentially fulfill, any of these criteria or any user's idea of 'harassment', should be firstly reported via forum functions, and secondly, communicated in full to a moderator (I recommend to myself or Desufire when in regards to H/H). Appropriate avenues of action will then be taken to address such concerns.

To my knowledge, this is the first time "angry PMs" have been sent as a result of this game. For everyone's sake, and also for this game's sake, it had better also be the last.

Now, I'm sure the intention of Homura's comment definitely did not extend this far by any means, but nevertheless, I hope I have made any ambiguity in anyone's mind very, very clear: harassment will not be tolerated and there will be repercussions for inappropriate behaviour.

I reserve the right to amend/clarify/define any and all parts of this statement as required. All decisions and judgements are to be made at staff discretion.

Revenge Time~
Kudos to my amazing Secret Santa ♥
Homura
[Apprentice Magician]
[Apprentice Magician]
Badges:

Post by Homura » Sun Oct 11, 2015 4:55 pm

I wanted to point out something for her that can be helpful in life in general, whereas you are restricting its meaning to H&H. I am afraid that my intention went too far while your talk merely didn't go far enough. Regards.
mazza411
Imouto
Imouto
Wish: for Touhou to become eligible in ISML

Post by mazza411 » Sun Oct 11, 2015 5:10 pm

Homura wrote:I wanted to point out something for her that can be helpful in life in general, whereas you are restricting its meaning to H&H. I am afraid that my intention went too far while your talk merely didn't go far enough. Regards.
I think the fact it's in the h&h general discussion thread as a reply to a comment about h&h makes it understandable why it would be seen as about h&h. Since you quoted lischan's apology for voting, I also read it to mean "you should have thought twice before voting".

To lischan - don't be sorry and do play next time too, if you want to. Don't let people taking the game too seriously stop you from having fun. Like the others have said, it's their fault if they are angry and take their anger out on you (for just two posts! I dread what I would get!) so don't feel bad at all.
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つPRAISE HELIX༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Grish
[Erithacus rubecula]
[Erithacus rubecula]
Badges:
ImageImageImageImage
Worships: birds
Melon Pan: 101
2018 Female Favorite: Nagato Yuki
2018 Male Favorite: Killua Zoldyck
2017 Female Favorite: Sakura Kyōko
2017 Male Favorite: Kurapika

Post by Grish » Sun Oct 11, 2015 6:32 pm

Here's better life advice: Don't go around sending people rude messages over a fucking game.
MALTumblr
Homura
[Apprentice Magician]
[Apprentice Magician]
Badges:

Post by Homura » Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:13 pm

Here is another life advice: Don't easily feel like an innocent victim. Hurting is never a thing that's just one-side's fault. Better examine yourself clearly first. A general speaking, not to any specific person.
SpoilerShow
Oh my god, why am I acting so ill-mannered? 1. I didn't send any rude message (feel free to have an investigation), 2. The things I pointed out aren't bad (a very humble way to say something actually good).
This is my last post for the entire issue. I have a friend who checks this forum every now and then, and I don't want to be mocked later on as "See you wasted your time". Additionally, guys please don't do anything similar in the future, whenever you have something to complain during the game, just PM the people on your side.
Just
[Kiwi's Melon]
[Kiwi's Melon]
Badges:
ImageImageImageImage

Post by Just » Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:20 am

I don't think Homura had any ill intentions, he's just a bit tactless about when where and what to talk about that makes it prone to misunderstanding 0 0 Anyway for the sake of not complicating matters let's just stop, I think lischan shall now feel comfortable enough after all the kind words ^^ And Desu and Momo have made Mod issues clear enough for everyone to understand 0 0
SpoilerShow
instrern2
Smoked cheese
Smoked cheese
Melon Pan: 51

Post by instrern2 » Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:59 pm

Homura wrote:1. I didn't send any rude message (feel free to have an investigation),
Just saying because she'll never say it herself, but the passive aggressive PM you sent Shiro that just said "It would be wise for you not to play. You really don't have to play." isn't exactly the most polite and it did upset her a bit. Not harassment or anything, but still probably better to avoid unnecessary things like that. Just FYI for future.
RegalStar
[Countryside Loli]
[Countryside Loli]
Badges:
ImageImage
Wish: Miracles

Post by RegalStar » Mon Oct 12, 2015 3:51 pm

Homura wrote:Here is another life advice: Don't easily feel like an innocent victim. Hurting is never a thing that's just one-side's fault. Better examine yourself clearly first. A general speaking, not to any specific person.
Wrong. No one deserves to be bullied or hurt like this for any reason whatsoever. It IS an one-sided fault, and one should not even consider for a moment otherwise.