Improvements for 2010

Bug reports, question, and suggestions about ISML. Forum help and information is here, too.
Chocola
Hikarin's Kitty
Hikarin's Kitty
Badges:
Worships: Kousaka Reina
Melon Pan: 50
Wish: Hikachu to not hate me

Improvements for 2010

Post by Chocola » Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:36 pm

If you have some suggestions on what we could do to improve for 2010, then please post. This can include site layout, voting layout, index page, forum layout, etc... What is set in stone right now is the regular season's round robin and the post-season's double-elimination. The nomination and preliminary systems may be different for 2010.

Even if you think your opinion won't be considered, post anyways! We have some ... liberal staffers.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
MAL Ratings, ISML Discord, Saimoe Blog, Saimoe Wiki
A tall, towering wall looms in front of me. Beyond that is something that I could never to see on my own.
And that is...the view from the top.
Team Rocket Elite
Moon princess
Moon princess
Badges:
Worships: Bernkastel
Wish: dried plums to go with the tea.

Re: Improvements for 2010

Post by Team Rocket Elite » Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:38 am

Right now the only issue I have is sometime the results are given strictly as a picture rather than text in a table. This means I need to manually retype the data into Excel when I want to screw around with the numbers a bit. Right now this complaint only applies to the nomination results since the preliminary round results all come in a text in a table format. Even though it's a minor thing right now I figured I'd bring it up now because it seems all the results for ISML 2008 are in an image format.
A miracle that you believe in when you know it won't happen......... is hope.
Juice
Thaumaturge
Thaumaturge
Wish: To successfully guide students on their path.

Post by Juice » Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:57 am

Hmm. Maybe a site or sub-site for Power Stat Users?
New Saimoe Podcast!
GTO--an inspiration to my next stage in life.
Crisu
Wan Wan Wan
Wan Wan Wan
Badges:
ImageImage
Worships: Kinomoto Sakura
Wish: Fluency in Japanese

Post by Crisu » Sat Feb 21, 2009 4:30 pm

Sorry about the inconvenience so far. While you may have retyped it already, I've put up the nomination data in a text file.

http://www.internationalsaimoe.com/stat ... Top100.txt" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks for your comment. I will try to provide text data in the future. Indeed it's fun to see what a lot of you can come up with after number crunching; I'd want to help make it a little easier for you.
ImageImage
Signature by Hikari-chan
Team Rocket Elite
Moon princess
Moon princess
Badges:
Worships: Bernkastel
Wish: dried plums to go with the tea.

Post by Team Rocket Elite » Sat Feb 21, 2009 7:50 pm

Awesome, thanks.
A miracle that you believe in when you know it won't happen......... is hope.
LazyCanuck
Chuunibyou
Chuunibyou

Post by LazyCanuck » Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:02 am

Just a question, i"m wondering if its possible to let the page stretch for when LARGE pictures width wise are opened out of spoilers, right now large pictures just get massively cut off. Thanks ~
Chocola
Hikarin's Kitty
Hikarin's Kitty
Badges:

Post by Chocola » Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:33 pm

LazyCanuck wrote:Just a question, i"m wondering if its possible to let the page stretch for when LARGE pictures width wise are opened out of spoilers, right now large pictures just get massively cut off. Thanks ~
...That's why you thumbnail them. Read the rules please thanks.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
A tall, towering wall looms in front of me. Beyond that is something that I could never to see on my own.
LazyCanuck
Chuunibyou
Chuunibyou

Post by LazyCanuck » Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:16 pm

Images more than 800px x 800px in size must be thumbnailed (or put in a spoiler tag).
I did read them thanks, nothing says they must be thumbnailed 100% of the time, just hiddin in some form as to not suck up space or whatever.

If it cant be done that whatever its not important, would just be nice to see all of the large pictures that people put in spoilers
Crisu
Wan Wan Wan
Wan Wan Wan
Badges:
ImageImage

Post by Crisu » Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:56 pm

It's something that I'll have to study the CSS code to find. Some setting is causing the outer borders to have higher (what seems like) z-index priority, so the large images get hidden underneath. Or it could be something else.

I agree it's not highly important, as image size ought to be the responsibility of the poster -- and the current condition of the forums would encourage proper thumbnailing -- but if I do see a solution, I'll try to implement it.

Thanks to all who have properly used the spoiler tag so far to keep the initial clutter down.
ImageImage
Signature by Hikari-chan
Chocola
Hikarin's Kitty
Hikarin's Kitty
Badges:

Post by Chocola » Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:24 am

LazyCanuck wrote:
Images more than 800px x 800px in size must be thumbnailed (or put in a spoiler tag).
I did read them thanks, nothing says they must be thumbnailed 100% of the time, just hiddin in some form as to not suck up space or whatever.

If it cant be done that whatever its not important, would just be nice to see all of the large pictures that people put in spoilers
Wait, so you're saying that your picture is less than 800 px width and still too long?
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
LazyCanuck
Chuunibyou
Chuunibyou

Post by LazyCanuck » Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:50 am

read the bold part KS, i was merely referring to pictures that others posted that are VERY large width wise that they put into spoilers (like the rule says too) and when opened it half the picture was cut off.

I also wasn't talking about a picture i posted there was one in the Rika campaign thread that was huge and was cut practically in half.

the rule doesn't say that all large pictures need to be thumbnails, i kinda like not having to click 4 links to see the full size of a picture, if they can just be posted in their proper size on this forum (as long as they are in spoilers of course) is all i was asking about. ~_~
Chocola
Hikarin's Kitty
Hikarin's Kitty
Badges:

Post by Chocola » Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:26 am

I'd rather click on 4 links then not see the picture at all because it was cut off. I guess I should make an addition to the rules then.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
CrowKenobi
Cherry blossom
Cherry blossom

Post by CrowKenobi » Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:22 am

When any banners get posted they get cut off too...

I'm more in favor of a scroll bar if that can be implemented cleanly. :D

:cool:
ImageImageImageImage
what might have been...Show
Thanks to Marinara for the avatar and sigs.
-synchronizer-
Hunter
Hunter

Post by -synchronizer- » Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:06 am

I'll post this here, as I don't feel a new topic is necessary, but I wanted to say that the time change for the matches and release of results implemented at the start of the regular season was a nice improvement. There's no more agitation about when the results will be released, and it reduced the waiting period between match events without increasing the matches per week ratio. :biggrin:
(I'm sure that it also made a few things easier for you admins, but that doesn't matter. ;) )
Chocola
Hikarin's Kitty
Hikarin's Kitty
Badges:

Post by Chocola » Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:42 am

-synchronizer- wrote:I'll post this here, as I don't feel a new topic is necessary, but I wanted to say that the time change for the matches and release of results implemented at the start of the regular season was a nice improvement. There's no more agitation about when the results will be released, and it reduced the waiting period between match events without increasing the matches per week ratio. :biggrin:
(I'm sure that it also made a few things easier for you admins, but that doesn't matter. ;) )
Yeah, we're also glad, since we were hard at work, at least from when I woke up until the results release time. I don't think any of us expected so many votes.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Talec
Dojikko
Dojikko

Post by Talec » Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:17 am

photobucket got blocked here at work. Now I'm blind through the half of the Voting Arena, since I knew their Picture (which I doesn't see now anymore) much better then all their names >_<

F*cking work, don't let me do what I want...
Crisu
Wan Wan Wan
Wan Wan Wan
Badges:
ImageImage

Post by Crisu » Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:42 pm

Bumping this topic to continue asking for feedback, especially now that we're in the off-season between 2009 and 2010.

What impressions did 2009 leave you? Are there elements that could be enhanced for 2010?
ImageImage
Signature by Hikari-chan