Japanese translator

Bug reports, question, and suggestions about ISML. Forum help and information is here, too.
Cecaniah
Artisan
Artisan
Melon Pan: 50

Japanese translator

Post by Cecaniah » Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:33 am

Okay! I have someone who might be able to translate it! I haven't gotten their reply for if they'll do it or not. But if she agrees, then she'll need a english version to translate to Japanese. She also says she's not perfect, and that she can some what translate it, but it's better than nothing.

Edit! Yes!!! We havee a translator!!! She agreed!!!

I would like and english version of what is needed for the Japanese version. I'll be sending it to her bit by bit. It may take a while for it to be done cause she's a very busy person. But she'll do it!!!
Signature by Me.
Ikaros is <3~! Please support her in ISML with nominations and votes~!
Crisu
Wan Wan Wan
Wan Wan Wan
Badges:
ImageImage
Worships: Kinomoto Sakura
Wish: Fluency in Japanese

Re: Aquamarine Voter Distribution

Post by Crisu » Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:23 pm

!

Cecaniah, you will have a PM on the way.
ImageImage
Signature by Hikari-chan
minhtam1638
Phantom
Phantom
Wish: An endless supply of Coca-Cola. Tax free.

Post by minhtam1638 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:04 pm

Cecaniah wrote:Okay! I have someone who might be able to translate it! I haven't gotten their reply for if they'll do it or not. But if she agrees, then she'll need a english version to translate to Japanese. She also says she's not perfect, and that she can some what translate it, but it's better than nothing.

Edit! Yes!!! We havee a translator!!! She agreed!!!

I would like and english version of what is needed for the Japanese version. I'll be sending it to her bit by bit. It may take a while for it to be done cause she's a very busy person. But she'll do it!!!
See... now just to make things easier, why can't you refer her to Crisu or myself so that either one of us can give her assignments directly as opposed to a second-hand relay?
Chocola
Hikarin's Kitty
Hikarin's Kitty
Worships: Kousaka Reina
Wish: Hikachu to not hate me

Post by Chocola » Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:56 pm

Because she needs to be familiar with us first so she isn't taking orders from some random stranger.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
MAL Ratings ISML Chat, Saimoe Blog, Saimoe Wiki
A tall, towering wall looms in front of me. Beyond that is something that I could never to see on my own.
And that is...the view from the top.
Crisu
Wan Wan Wan
Wan Wan Wan
Badges:
ImageImage

Post by Crisu » Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:05 pm

How much lazier, spoiled, and disrespectful can you be, Minhtam?

After over a year, we are eternally grateful to have someone who could possibly become our permanent Japanese translator. I would like to make sure she works as comfortably as possible, because we do have a lot that we wish to have translated. As KholdStare said, until we get more familiar with each other, we work on HER schedule.

And I had handled the situation already, not minding at all to let Cecaniah (who is NOT "second-hand" or whatever it is you mean) be the liaison while we slowly build a professional relationship. Eventually I would like to have direct communication with her, but there's no need to be aggressive like that from the start. It's rude to both Cecaniah and her gracious friend.

Cecaniah, KholdStare and I apologize for Minhtam's remark. I have sent the list of requests and worksheets, so please get back with me when you have the time. I did not mention it in the email, so please give your friend our greatest thanks for taking time out of her busy schedule to help us.
ImageImage
Signature by Hikari-chan
Cecaniah
Artisan
Artisan

Post by Cecaniah » Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:46 pm

Yeah, I don't know if she can be permanent, but I'll ask her to teach me how to do the voting page seeing as it changes the most.

Also, for the Contestants Page.

コードギアス

It's Code Geass, cause it is written in Japanese in the title.
Signature by Me.
Crisu
Wan Wan Wan
Wan Wan Wan
Badges:
ImageImage

Post by Crisu » Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:33 pm

Oh you only have to translate the voting page once. I put the translations in a data file that gets read by Javascript every time you need the translation, so everything will go into the correct place.

And thank you; I'll make sure to use the Japanese title when the Japanese contestants page is ready.

"Permanent" was poor word choice on my part; translating for ISML will defintely not be full-time or even part-time. Our requests are sporadic, usually occurring at the start of each major phase of the tournament (nominations, prelims, reg. season, postseason) when the welcome page is likely to be updated. We just hope she'll be willing to help us out next year when it's time for ISML 2010 to start. :)
ImageImage
Signature by Hikari-chan
Demi.
Intelligent device
Intelligent device
Worships: Fate Testarossa
Wish: To hug Fate-chan

Post by Demi. » Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:14 pm

sadsad, thought Japanese would be added this season if a translator where found early enough within this season.
Crisu
Wan Wan Wan
Wan Wan Wan
Badges:
ImageImage

Post by Crisu » Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:47 pm

Nono, a Japanese translation should be in place this season when it is completed (as an aside, I'm working on installing a Polish translation that was submitted to me last week). My last statement expressed hope that Cecaniah's friend will be willing to help us next year in addition to her help for this year.

But I was a little too forward in using the word "permanent" to describe such continuing help.
ImageImage
Signature by Hikari-chan
Cecaniah
Artisan
Artisan

Post by Cecaniah » Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:37 pm

Okay.

Also, one error. C.C. isn't spelled with the Katakana in Japanese. It's just "C.C."
Signature by Me.
Crisu
Wan Wan Wan
Wan Wan Wan
Badges:
ImageImage

Re: Japanese translator

Post by Crisu » Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:15 am

[ Topic split. ]

Got that. She's listed as C.C. now, but I'm leaving the kana as a pronunciation guide; it appears that way on the official site.

http://www.geass.jp/world_03.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ImageImage
Signature by Hikari-chan
Cecaniah
Artisan
Artisan

Post by Cecaniah » Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:02 pm

Yeah.

Okay! She checked the rules page!
Well, I think it's just fine, but this line:
以下の三十二(32)個のアリーナで一人の候補を選んでください
needs to be revised a bit.
It comes off as 'choose one candidate from the following 32 arenas'. You must choose one candidate per arena, yes? So, it should be changed to
以下の三十二(32)個のアリーナのそれぞれから一人の候補を選んでください。

And this last line,
ぜひルールやイントロを読んでください。
Well, it doesn't change much but I think changing it to
ぜひルールやイントロを詳しく読んでください。
sounds better, I think, since you want the people to read the rules in detail right?
Signature by Me.
Basaka
Translator
Translator
Badges:

Post by Basaka » Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:06 am

Yeah, kuwashiku yonde kudasai XD

I guess sorezore will be more clear too. since it means various. Hmm. Nice.
Cecaniah
Artisan
Artisan

Post by Cecaniah » Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:53 am

I'm sorry there's been nothing more lately, I haven't really been on the site and she's probably busy.
Signature by Me.
Crisu
Wan Wan Wan
Wan Wan Wan
Badges:
ImageImage

Post by Crisu » Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:47 pm

Thanks for reporting in. We still would appreciate the help whenever it can be given. :)
ImageImage
Signature by Hikari-chan
Cecaniah
Artisan
Artisan

Post by Cecaniah » Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:01 pm

The message I got from her.
Sorry, I was studying in Japan for a month and after I got back, I was out of town and I didn't have ready internet access, moreso now, that I'll be away from home more often than I want due to various reasons. I'm afraid I can't commit anymore. And I must admit that my reply to this PM might even take another week, 'cause I'm leaving again this week.

I do think, I owe it to you to give my (bad) translation of that short passage you gave me before. This has been long, long overdue.

Quote:
It was only but a fateful morning that a young girl discovered seven mysterious jewels, said to hold the seven elements that comprise the universe. She found them, took them, and emblazoned them into a tiara like no other. However, unbeknownst to her, when the seven crystals combine together, they reveal the secrets of the universe only to the one wearing the heavenly tiara. And she herself was not worthy.

宿命的な朝、ある若い女子は7つの奇怪な宝石を発見し、宇宙から成る7つの元素を持つと言われました。彼女 は7つの宝石を取って比肩できないティアラに飾りました。しかし、彼女に気づかれずに、その7つの宝石をあ わせる時、すべて宇宙の神秘はティアラの所有主だけに表されます。そして、彼女自身は価値がありませんでし た。
I can do some more translations, though I can't guarantee if I can be prompt in fulfilling those tasks.
yeah...I'll still send her stuff, but can't gurantee the full translation would get done this year.
Signature by Me.