Regarding Single Elimination matchups

Bug reports, question, and suggestions about ISML. Forum help and information is here, too.
Kaito_Dash
Dojikko
Dojikko
Worships: Fate Testarossa
Melon Pan: 50

Regarding Single Elimination matchups

Post by Kaito_Dash » Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:41 pm

I have concern regarding Single Elimination matchups.

Go by how ISML usually manages the matchups, the 1st rank should meet the 8th, 4th, and 2nd rank from another division respectively.
1N should meet 8S then 4S in QF and 2S in SF. But this time 1N will meet 2N and 1S will meet 2S in their respective Semi Finals.

As things stand, it appears that the divisions' finalists cannot meet again in the Championship match (Kanade v Kuroneko and Mikoto v Taiga).
I'm not sure if I'm alone, but this disturbs me a little. Or is it intention to avoid having the repeated final?

PS. I tried checking the forums and did not found anywhere, but if this has already been brought up, my apologies.
ImageImage
Chocola
Hikarin's Kitty
Hikarin's Kitty
Badges:
Worships: Kousaka Reina
Wish: Hikachu to not hate me

Re: Regarding Single Elimination matchups

Post by Chocola » Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:18 pm

Yes, it is completely our intention to avoid the tiara match being a repeat of a circlet match.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
MAL Ratings, ISML Discord, Saimoe Blog, Saimoe Wiki
A tall, towering wall looms in front of me. Beyond that is something that I could never to see on my own.
And that is...the view from the top.
Kaito_Dash
Dojikko
Dojikko
Worships: Fate Testarossa

Re: Regarding Single Elimination matchups

Post by Kaito_Dash » Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:23 am

I expected such. It's a bit shame that we won't see divisions' top-two become Tiara top-two, but this reason is solid. I can accept that. Thanks for the answer.
ImageImage