ISML Seasonal Exhbition- ISML Edition

Create a poll for the Community to answer!
RailWarrior
Space cowboy
Space cowboy
Badges:
ImageImage
Melon Pan: 307
2018 Female Favorite: Nishimiya Shōko
2018 Male Favorite: Todoroki Shōto

Re: ISML Seasonal Exhbition- ISML Edition

Post by RailWarrior » Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:36 pm

NameRound 1 (%)Round 2 (%)Round 3 (%)Round 4 (%)Total
Sakura Chiyo30422977178
Tedeza Rize24393568166
Onodera Kosaki36482852164
Latifa Fleuranza30383558161
Stephanie Dola32442454154
Himeki Chifuyu23233564145
Suou Amane22322860142
Kafuu Chino19253757138
There you go, people. You did get your "by percentage" seeding.

What I'm wondering is why Amane is 8th and not 7th. I'm guessing it has to do with the Wildcard Round, which i didn't take into consideration.
Fuijiwara
[Ebb and Flow]
[Ebb and Flow]
Badges:
ImageImageImage
Worships: Fuijiwara no Mokou
Melon Pan: 2
Wish: Happiness~~

Post by Fuijiwara » Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:39 pm

You're right Rail, I added half the percentage of their win.
2015 SilversShow
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Desufire
Shinigami
Shinigami
Badges:
Worships: Orihime Inoue
Melon Pan: 60
Wish: For sugar to not be unhealthy, and campaigning to be easier

Post by Desufire » Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:46 pm

If that's what you're going for, then including the wildcard round doesn't really make sense because all the contestants weren't in that match. It's saying "You get extra points because you lost and then got to go in another round to get back in"
Fuijiwara
[Ebb and Flow]
[Ebb and Flow]
Badges:
ImageImageImage

Post by Fuijiwara » Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:37 pm

The reason why I gave points was the fact that some of them actually took opportunities thst others didn't captslize to get to the next round. Like the tiers. Also there was at least 24 people so 5 slots is a rather small amount when considering this. To compensate it for it might get their points too high, I halfed the amount given so that it acts as a small bonus, like a reward for using this chance to get back on while others fell
2015 SilversShow
Reverend
~Planetarian~
~Planetarian~
Badges:
ImageImage
Worships: Sofia Jalapeno Viviage
Melon Pan: 4
Wish: To die... ASAP.

Post by Reverend » Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:58 pm

Fuijiwara wrote:The reason why I gave points was the fact that some of them actually took opportunities that others didn't capitalize to get to the next round. Like the tiers. Also there was at least 24 people so 5 slots is a rather small amount when considering this. To compensate it for it might get their points too high, I halfed the amount given so that it acts as a small bonus, like a reward for using this chance to get back on while others fell

lol everybody wants fuiji's heads

you know: this is still not enough reason to unbalance the seed by giving some competitors an extra 1/2 match
even if the amount is very small, still the fact that some contestant get 4 1/2 matches to build their percentage while others only get 4 is illogical

well, not that I care
because what I care now is how this rather peculiar turn of events will affect the result of next round
since Grisaia seems to be bullied, they will have an extra support
after all, humans always like when the weaker "humbled" MC wins and get the prize he/she wants
(and often the prize involves something that was a part of the higher sides, like a normal lowlife turns into a knight and gets himself a princess, or like Kosaki winning a fair match against Chitoge (not that it would happen, though :lol: since even if Chitoge does not use MV, Kosaki will :lol:))

this means Chiyo is in danger now, and unfortunately now I need to work my ar** off by putting this little analysis here so that people don't leave her alone
Giving his love for life, and died dreaming about her in the end. A real happy man, right? ~
Magnux7
Seitokaichou
Seitokaichou
Worships: Shana
Melon Pan: 85
Wish: More cute yuri in anime *-*

Post by Magnux7 » Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:45 pm

Reverend wrote: lol everybody wants fuiji's heads

you know: this is still not enough reason to unbalance the seed by giving some competitors an extra 1/2 match
even if the amount is very small, still the fact that some contestant get 4 1/2 matches to build their percentage while others only get 4 is illogical

well, not that I care
because what I care now is how this rather peculiar turn of events will affect the result of next round
since Grisaia seems to be bullied, they will have an extra support
after all, humans always like when the weaker "humbled" MC wins and get the prize he/she wants
(and often the prize involves something that was a part of the higher sides, like a normal lowlife turns into a knight and gets himself a princess, or like Kosaki winning a fair match against Chitoge (not that it would happen, though :lol: since even if Chitoge does not use MV, Kosaki will :lol:))

this means Chiyo is in danger now, and unfortunately now I need to work my ar** off by putting this little analysis here so that people don't leave her alone
Chiyo is not in danger at all... People tend to stand for the character they prefer even if the other is getting "bullied".
I don't think I'm even going to bother voting because Amane is going to get crushed eitherway :jii:
Pretty unfair for Amane to rank last in seeding because of a match she didn't even get to participate in.
Image Image
RailWarrior
Space cowboy
Space cowboy
Badges:
ImageImage

Post by RailWarrior » Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:29 pm

I'm not seeing anything that can even remotely be considered as "bullying Grisaia." All I'm seeing are excuses to put Amane in a favorable position.

It's funny because I'm pretty sure If Chiyo got 2nd seed instead of 1st, no one would be arguing to move Amane to 7th.
Best part is, the only one who doesn't is...me. :lol:

I'm also on the side of rewarding effort. I mean, if the margin of victory in a TWENTY-THREE way match is large enough to boost Chino up a rank, by god she deserves it.
Desufire
Shinigami
Shinigami
Badges:
Worships: Orihime Inoue
Melon Pan: 60
Wish: For sugar to not be unhealthy, and campaigning to be easier

Post by Desufire » Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:52 pm

RailWarrior wrote:I'm not seeing anything that can even remotely be considered as "bullying Grisaia." All I'm seeing are excuses to put Amane in a favorable position.

It's funny because I'm pretty sure If Chiyo got 2nd seed instead of 1st, no one would be arguing to move Amane to 7th.
Best part is, the only one who doesn't is...me. :lol:

I'm also on the side of rewarding effort. I mean, if the margin of victory in a TWENTY-THREE way match is large enough to boost Chino up a rank, by god she deserves it.
I probably still would, but that's just me.
But it's not really fair considering we have no clue how any of the characters that WEREN'T in that 23 way match would have done. Sure, Chino did well. But who's to say any of the other girls wouldn't have pulled a higher percentage (Hint: Most of them probably would have)
Magnux7
Seitokaichou
Seitokaichou

Post by Magnux7 » Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:10 am

RailWarrior wrote: I'm also on the side of rewarding effort. I mean, if the margin of victory in a TWENTY-THREE way match is large enough to boost Chino up a rank, by god she deserves it.
Yes, a twenty-three way match that didn't even feature any of the other finalists (except Chifuyu). Not to be rude or anything, but do you really think it's fair to award extra points to ONLY two of the finalists?
In my opinion, either all of the characters should have a chance for extra points or none of them should ._.
Image Image
RailWarrior
Space cowboy
Space cowboy
Badges:
ImageImage

Post by RailWarrior » Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:55 am

Magnux7 wrote:Not to be rude or anything, but do you really think it's fair to award extra points to ONLY two of the finalists?
Actually, yes, I do. Because 1) They managed to come back, and 2) They came back with a bang, having the highest 2 vote percentages of round 3
Meanwhile, 3) The top 5 seeds continued to get convincing wins, unfazed by Chifuyu and Chino despite them having bonus points
while 4) Amane kinda falls flat, and so only has her poor performance to blame

Just going to remind myself that it is a very, very bad idea to deduce and release formulae of any kind. Because people just get more critical (me not excepted) so it's better to keep stuff secret and end the discussion with that :lol:
Magnux7
Seitokaichou
Seitokaichou

Post by Magnux7 » Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:25 am

I guess we have different opinions then...

I think it's more than enough of a reward to get a second chance in the tournament when you actually have been eliminated already. On top of that to be awarded extra points (even if small amount) seems absurd to me.
That's like saying: "Hey, you lost, but don't worry I'll give you a second chance + some extra points for you to rank higher than one of the winners anyway".

The winners should obviously (in my opinion) have the advantage even if they didn't perform that well (Amane).
Image Image
Fuijiwara
[Ebb and Flow]
[Ebb and Flow]
Badges:
ImageImageImage

Post by Fuijiwara » Sat Jan 24, 2015 5:56 am

By the way, I did add bonus points for the other three victors. This explains why Kaori was #15 instead of #16.
2015 SilversShow
Fuijiwara
[Ebb and Flow]
[Ebb and Flow]
Badges:
ImageImageImage

Post by Fuijiwara » Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:59 am

If some of you might remember AFST, you might get what this format is. It's the one where all four characters have to fight each other once. The top 2 move on to the finals, while the bottom two fight for third and fourth
2015 SilversShow
Fuijiwara
[Ebb and Flow]
[Ebb and Flow]
Badges:
ImageImageImage

Post by Fuijiwara » Sun Feb 01, 2015 2:30 pm

Also, the seedings for the losers of Quarter are

#8- Himeki Chifuyu
#7- Suou Amane
#6- Tedeza Rize
#5- Latifa Fleuranza

Comments for this round- Rize and Latifa were two ppl who had early exits due to some unexpected reason, causing upsets by both. Amane barely scraped by Chifuyu, gaining her a final place of 7th. While not as good as her other placings, still evidently good considering the competition. Chifuyu got destroyed in her match that caused her a downfall, but reaching all the way to Quarterfinals is also also feat for her.

Now, the final four girls, the four series including Nisekoi, Gochuumon wa Usagi Desu ka? , Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun and No Game No Life. Most unexpected entry has to be Dola, whom had a hard match. Best entry goes to Onodera whom really perfomed in her round. Most disappointing perfomance goes to Rize, whom just fell down
2015 SilversShow