Worships: Abriel Nei Debrusc Borl Paryun Lafiel
Melon Pan: 75
2020 Female Favorite: Holo
2020 Male Favorite: Natsume Takashi
2019 Female Favorite: Akemi Homura
2019 Male Favorite: Arima Kōsei
2018 Female Favorite: Chtholly Nota Seniorious
2018 Male Favorite: Yang Wenli
Wish: More people being open to alternatives and compromises.

ISML 2011 Survey Result Discussion

Post by maglor » Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:40 pm

A thread to share what despair and hopes you have about and after seeing the Survey Result
loudmouth
Intelligent device
Intelligent device
Melon Pan: 50
Wish: To go to heaven

Re: ISML 2011 Survey Result Discussion

Post by loudmouth » Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:14 am

Awesome. Cheers to the new season
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Chocola
Hikarin's Kitty
Hikarin's Kitty
Badges:
Worships: Kousaka Reina
Wish: Hikachu to not hate me

Post by Chocola » Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:00 am

Fantasy results may come after I finish my hockey game.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
MAL Ratings, ISML Discord, Saimoe Blog, Saimoe Wiki
A tall, towering wall looms in front of me. Beyond that is something that I could never to see on my own.
And that is...the view from the top.
sc178
Dango
Dango

Post by sc178 » Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:09 am

Hmm.. ~4200 voters. I'm new here this season, just suddenly remembered that a friend had me vote for 1 or 2 rounds last year. And being new here.. Gender & English Fluency got me surprised.
hinakatbklyn
Incubator
Incubator
Melon Pan: 55

Post by hinakatbklyn » Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:17 am

Interesting results. 50/50 on my choices. Easy win for Kanade and Elsea. Others were close or moderate easy wins.
loudmouth
Intelligent device
Intelligent device

Post by loudmouth » Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:58 am

The overwhelming preference for Tsunderes made me laugh a little :D But it wasn't really too surprising.
Darth Blitzer
Space pirate
Space pirate
Worships: KyoAni Empire
Wish: Patrolling the Ohio wasteland almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.

Post by Darth Blitzer » Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:57 am

Hm, quite a few votes for a pre-season survey, this bodes well for voter turnout (unless i'm underestimating the percentage of regular-season voters to vote for this >_>)

Well that result with Kagami pretty much confirms she won't be making top 16 this year (not that i wasn't expecting that anyway)
Kanade's team over Tomoyo's team in a big win means Kanade will perform really well this year or Tomoyo is really faltering, most likely a combo of both, either that or Elsea de Lute Irma is far more helpful to that teams results than i had expected

it's hard to tell much from matches 1&2, which seem stacked toward team 2 in both instances

as far as voter demographics go, quite a big Tsundere fan faction we have here
ETERNAL LURKER who rarely posts now sometimes posts, maybe
Politics, Religion, and Moé
"I remember when ISML was good"
"ISML has never been good"
kuachai
Harem lead
Harem lead

Post by kuachai » Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:09 am

77% males :) great

It would be interesting to see what's the percentage of votes coming from each country/region ..
loudmouth
Intelligent device
Intelligent device

Post by loudmouth » Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:23 am

kuachai wrote:77% males :) great

It would be interesting to see what's the percentage of votes coming from each country/region ..
I wonder if KS is gonna post that when he finishes with the fantasy
Team Rocket Elite
Moon princess
Moon princess
Badges:
Worships: Bernkastel
Wish: dried plums to go with the tea.

Post by Team Rocket Elite » Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:37 am

I'm not too sure how best to interpret tag team results. Only a small fraction of the normal voters showing up to vote probably means the numbers should be taken too seriously.

Last we saw, Index wasn't that strong a competitor. We do have Index season 2 going on right now but I'm not sure how much it helps her considering it's more or less along the same lines as season 1. She doesn't show up that much considering the series is named after her. I guess it can't hurt, though. Hirasawa Yui is likely still near the top in terms of strength. Yui and Ika Musume may turn out to be high midcarders if they got that close to Hirasawa Yui. I'm not sure if it was a joint effort between Ika Musume and Yui that made this possible or if one or the other is doing most of the work.

If there's any group that did well last year that are on their way out, it's the Seitokai no Ichizon group. As much as I like them, I expect them to be much weaker this time around. I think this is a solid performance by Kirino. It might be good for a Top 16 finish with some luck. Yamada Aoi might be weaker than Minatsu which means Kirino may have been at a slight disadvantage against Kagami. Even if Kirino looks good now, her anime series has ended for now. It's likely she'll end the season weaker than she is now which might mean trouble if she's on the top 16 borderline.

Not a bad job by Gokou Ruri and Kiriya Nozomi. I have serious doubts Nozomi has what it takes to make the main field this year. Ruri is pretty much against Nadeko and Holo alone in this match which makes her performance pretty good. Halo and Nadeko were both Top 16 at one point. They've both lost a step since then, but getting this close to them look pretty good. Is Kuroneko commonly known as Gokou Ruri? I watched the anime but somehow I completely missed the fact that they said her real name. If not many people know that Kuroneko's name is Gokou Ruri Kuroneko might do a bit better under the name "Kuroneko". I think she should at least get Gokou "Kuroneko" Ruri like Kasuga "Osaka" Ayumu did. My personal preference would be just "Kuroneko".

What a ridiculously good performance by Kanade and Elsea. Ilya is a midcarder and Tomoyo is a high tier competitor. They just got stomped by Kanade and Elsea. Kanade being strong is far from surprising but this is pretty massive killing. Even Shana and Mio only hit around 60% on Tomoyo. Even if you expect Tomoyo to fall by quite a bit, this is still an amazing performance. Elsea's role in all of this is hard to judge. I'm currently watching Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai and can defintely see why she might have a fair amount of strength. However, Ilya is a decently high mark to beat. I can't even say for certain that Elsea would make the main tournament. If Elsea isn't that strong, it makes Kanade's performance even more ridiculous. Like Kuroneko, there is some question regarding how to best list Kanade's name. I'm personally fine with leaving it as "Tachibana Kanade" but I wonder if "Tenshi" or "Angel" should be stuck in there somewhere.

Now take everything I just said and add a few huge helpings of uncertainty to them. As I said in the start, I'm not too sure how much can really be taken from these result. In might really be nothing in the end.
A miracle that you believe in when you know it won't happen......... is hope.
sc178
Dango
Dango

Post by sc178 » Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:52 am

Mhmm, regional stats would be great. And as for the Match 4 Win... my hopes are up for Elsie being amongst the best.
I'm also wondering how Ika-Musume will do this year given the close loss in Match 1 to Index and K-On's Yui.

I should also comment that I've just noticed that "Voter Frequency" is probably rather biased in this survey for obvious reasons...
Momento10
Electromaster
Electromaster
Badges:
ImageImageImageImage
Worships: Setsumi Sakura
Melon Pan: 88
2020 Female Favorite: Sakurajima Mai
2020 Male Favorite: Ishigami Yū
2019 Female Favorite: Tōma Kazusa
2019 Male Favorite: Ayanokōji Kiyotaka
2018 Female Favorite: Nishimiya Shōko
2018 Male Favorite: Sagara Sōsuke
Wish: My definition of peace and tranquility.

Post by Momento10 » Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:13 pm

Already starting out with two things wrong. Then again that is to be expected. A close match for Ika and Yui. Kanade and Elise destroyed Tomoyo and Illy. I have a really bad feeling that I'm somewhere in the bottom of the results.
Nemingway
Mahjong tile
Mahjong tile
Wish: Aiming for an harem ending \o

Post by Nemingway » Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:05 pm

Seeing those results, ISML 2011 season will be quite epic with the newcomers. Some have great strength (Ika-Musume or Kirino) and some less strength. I am impatient to participate at my first full ISML season !

*An Harem cannot exist without a boy !*
bluemage
Intelligent device
Intelligent device
Worships: Reimu Hakurei
Wish: A happy and peaceful life.

Post by bluemage » Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:25 pm

Team Rocket Elite wrote:Is Kuroneko commonly known as Gokou Ruri? I watched the anime but somehow I completely missed the fact that they said her real name.
Gokou Ruri is Kuroneko's real name. As far as I know, the Anime never mentioned it, so only readers of the light novels, or those who looked her up for additional info on MAL or other sources (like me), would have known.

As for the survey results, I'm fairly pleased with the performances of the newcomers. Not sure how strong Index is exactly at this point, but I'm hoping Ika will put up a much better performance when Nominations and possibly Preliminaries come around. The Kanade and Elsea pair certainly owned though.

ISML either loves Tsunderes, or the results could be slightly skewed due to some not knowing what the term "Kuudere" is. Probably the former. :P I know I didn't until very recently.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
#1<---------- ISML 2012 Top 8! ---------->#8 ---------- #8<---------- ISML 2012 Bottom 8! ---------->#16
Character Cards & Signature Slivers Made by Marinara, Hikari-chan & melange
Participant from 2008-2012
Alexander
Translator
Translator
Badges:
Melon Pan: 92
Wish: It's a secret

Post by Alexander » Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:51 pm

Don't like this results.
ImageImage
Eater-of-All
Dragon slayer
Dragon slayer
Badges:
Melon Pan: 65

Post by Eater-of-All » Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:20 pm

Ika and Yui lost, but an Index and a Yui is ok too. ;_;
Also, did Tenshi just completely owned Tomoyo + Illya? Considering Elsee's popularity, I doubt she can even take on Illya by herself.

Survey:
- Kinda surprised that the majority of voters are teens; I thought 19-24 would've been the majority, if only slightly.
- 53% tsundere... well I suppose that is the most common archetype. :roll:
- 12% yaoi... considering the 23% female, I guess that's fair
- The English Fluency is surprisingly low, which seems to bode well for ISML's international presence.
Team Rocket Elite wrote:Is Kuroneko commonly known as Gokou Ruri? I watched the anime but somehow I completely missed the fact that they said her real name. If not many people know that Kuroneko's name is Gokou Ruri Kuroneko might do a bit better under the name "Kuroneko". I think she should at least get Gokou "Kuroneko" Ruri like Kasuga "Osaka" Ayumu did. My personal preference would be just "Kuroneko".
From the ASuki thread:
KholdStare wrote:We have a tough decision here. While we realize that the anime never revealed Kuroneko's name, if her name were to be revealed in the future, we can't simply leave it alone (that would mean using a nickname over a real name) and we can't simply change it either because of inconsistency (Nagisa and Fate's names were kept the same through the years). So avoid all the naming problems later on, we'll just use her real name.
Though yeah, Gokou "Kuroneko" Ruri seems viable to me, if only a bit lengthy.
SpoilerShow
imbehindyou
Time traveler
Time traveler
Worships: Rena
Wish: Becoming Pokemon Master.  Wishes for: Becoming teh Master Hater.  Wishes for: James' Victreebel & Mime Jr. Secret Identity: I am a robot. 

Post by imbehindyou » Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:04 pm

I think I can already safely assume that ISML 2011 will be full of despair for me, judging by the overwhelming preference of tsunderes over any other types.
Team Rocket Elite
Moon princess
Moon princess
Badges:
Worships: Bernkastel
Wish: dried plums to go with the tea.

Post by Team Rocket Elite » Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:57 pm

Eater-of-All wrote:
Team Rocket Elite wrote:Is Kuroneko commonly known as Gokou Ruri? I watched the anime but somehow I completely missed the fact that they said her real name. If not many people know that Kuroneko's name is Gokou Ruri Kuroneko might do a bit better under the name "Kuroneko". I think she should at least get Gokou "Kuroneko" Ruri like Kasuga "Osaka" Ayumu did. My personal preference would be just "Kuroneko".
From the ASuki thread:
KholdStare wrote:We have a tough decision here. While we realize that the anime never revealed Kuroneko's name, if her name were to be revealed in the future, we can't simply leave it alone (that would mean using a nickname over a real name) and we can't simply change it either because of inconsistency (Nagisa and Fate's names were kept the same through the years). So avoid all the naming problems later on, we'll just use her real name.
Though yeah, Gokou "Kuroneko" Ruri seems viable to me, if only a bit lengthy.
I didn't know the AS thread was up. I guess I'll go read through it. I suppose the consistancy argument makes sense.

Edit: I wonder how Kyon's Sister will be handled if we ever actually get her name or Kyon's name. Especially if we get Kyon's name first and then Kyon's Sister's name some time later. I guess she also needs to get into ISML again for it to matter.
A miracle that you believe in when you know it won't happen......... is hope.
Kordosa
Soul gem
Soul gem
Worships: Moriya Suwako's hat
2019 Female Favorite: Sakurajima Mai
2019 Male Favorite: Eugeo
2018 Female Favorite: Yamada Elf
2018 Male Favorite: Willem Kmetsch
Wish: A third season of Spice and Wolf.

Post by Kordosa » Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:40 am

Seeing that almost half of the voters have watched anime for less than 3 years is a little discouraging. Assuming that those voters tend to watch more current series, one would come to the conclusion that more "classic" titles have gone unnoticed. And I'm referring to those titles that have come out within the past ten years or so. It's no wonder that any character that makes it into the regular season usually disappears once that character's series has been out for four years or more. One can only hope that these somewhat newer fans will decide to check out some of the older titles that are worth watching.
QuotesShow
Cirno wrote:*sinister laugh* Winning by only 47 votes is all part of my master plan. Now everyone will think I'm weak when, in fact, I'm the strongest. And then, when they least expect it, I'll strike back and take over the entire ISML. It's foolproof. Hahahaha, I'm such a genius!
Crisu wrote:And, of course, never merge an anti-cookie with a normal cookie. Serious consequence will occur.
shiraoky wrote:I'm always squeeing lol.
Metaler wrote:Seriously, if you're gonna do something badly, then don't bother doing it. It's like when you take a dump: you don't show it to other people specifically because it's shit!
Kordosa wrote:Protip: If a male high school student character is voiced by a female seiyuu, there is a 100% probability that that character will be forced to crossdress at some point.
akumaxx
Puella magi
Puella magi
Wish: An ISML without harmonics

Post by akumaxx » Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:29 am

A latest news is that, Elsee gets top in a certain voting among all 'Only God Knows' characters, and is noted in comic volume 11 with swimming suits with others. 2nd is Haqua and 3rd is Kanon.

[ Gokou "Kuroneko" Ruri ] is considerable IMO. On sorting some AST 2010 results I did something similar.
== Low Activity ==
Current Soul: 269
Newest cards of Saimoe set: (Resized for signature use)
Previous cardsShow