bluemage
Intelligent device
Intelligent device
Worships: Reimu Hakurei
Melon Pan: 50
Wish: A happy and peaceful life.

Re: Your 2011 Nomination Plan

Post by bluemage » Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:58 pm

A mixture of my all-time faves and potentially strong newcomers. Don't think this list is going to change too much.

*New Characters*
*Old Characters*

Characters that I'm definitely nominating:

(1) Ika-Musume: Shinryaku! Ika Musume --- Her stubborn personality, cuteness, athleticism and mathematical prowess won me over.
(2) Furude Rika: Higurashi no Naku Koro ni --- One of my favourite characters of all-time.
(3) Ichinose Kotomi: CLANNAD --- Can't resist her quiet, smart, yet spacey personality.
(4) Kawasumi Mai: Kanon --- Always loved this calm and collected "demon slayer".
(5) Ayatsuji Tsukasa: Amagami SS --- I would serve Queen Tsukasa any day.
(6) Gokou "Kuroneko" Ruri: Ore no Imouto --- More interesting and less annoying than Kirino imo. (No offense to Kirino fans of course.) And also, nekomimi cosplay ftw.

Characters that I probably will nominate:

(7) Konjiki no Yami: To Love Ru --- I just really like her character design.
(8) Hinamori Amu: Shugo Chara! --- Cool and spicy!
(9) Kuronuma Sawako: Kimi ni Todoke --- I'm hoping the 2nd season will boost her a little. She's a really nice girl.
(10) Himegami Aisa: To Aru Majutsu no Index --- Latest episodes of Index put her in the spotlight again, if only for a short duration. She's just likeable to me for some reason.
(11) Kirishima Shouko: Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu --- Still haven't forgotten all the epic things she did to Yuuji.
(12) Victorique de Blois: Gosick --- An interesting character. Being loli's a definite plus.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
#1<---------- ISML 2012 Top 8! ---------->#8 ---------- #8<---------- ISML 2012 Bottom 8! ---------->#16
Character Cards & Signature Slivers Made by Marinara, Hikari-chan & melange
Participant from 2008-2012
Nelsonma11355
Ninja cadet
Ninja cadet
Wish: Yes i will do it

Post by Nelsonma11355 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:08 pm

(1) Misao Minakami @ Asura Cryin'
(2) Elsea de Lute Irma @ Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai
(3) Ako Suminoe @ Kissxsis
(4) Mizuki Himeji @ Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu
(5) Youko @ Inukami!
(6) Himari @ Omamori Himari
(7) Chise Umenomori @ Mayoi Neko Overrun!
(8) Ryouko Ookami @ Ookami-san to Shichinin no Nakamatachi
(9) Yoko Littner @ Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
(10) Winry Rockbell @ Fullmetal Alchemist
(11) Felli Loss @ Chrome Shelled Regios
(12) Riko Suminoe @ Kissxsis
Au-psyche
Smoked cheese
Smoked cheese
Wish: I wish Bakemonogatari and Angel Beats! have a good score next year.

Post by Au-psyche » Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:48 am

I have a question, the girls will be direct go on regular season looks like over 40 people.
Is that mean there will be a only few people (like a 3 or 4) can go on regular season from the preliminary period?!?!
Oh, if that's true, it will be an awful period......

p.s : I need to think who should nominate at this season...
p.s2 :
chaosprophet wrote:
Au-psyche wrote:SO the Mr.maglor's 46 girls is the prediction lists about this year's ISM? Not the preliminary period?!
I'm not sure how many girls directly go on regular season, not fight at the preliminary period.
Can someone show me who is going directly this year please?
No one goes directly to regular season this year, so everyone will have to duck it out at prelims. Although there is some that goes directly to prelim. The list is here.
I correct what I said, so nobody goes on regular season directly, thanks god...
Bastion
Titan
Titan
Badges:
Wish: People who actually want to do their jobs.

Post by Bastion » Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:05 am

Au-psyche wrote:I have a question, the girls will be direct go on regular season looks like over 40 people.
Is that mean there will be a only few people (like a 3 or 4) can go on regular season from the preliminary period?!?!
Oh, if that's true, it will be an awful period......

p.s : I need to think who should nominate at this season...
We have 12 females we personally can nominate, that's what this thread is about. Which will then be translated into the preseason triple-battles.
The other thread is of which ones will be part of the 50(?) nominees that will go on from that to the regular season. Probably eventually, maybe once the regular season starts, we'll see another thread about which of those will be the top 16 to make it to the post-season 'single'-elimination (put in quotes because it used to be double-elimination) from there.
Jamie AB is open for business. How would you like your hare-brained scheme?
Confusing statements are fun :p
Medaka Kurokami wrote:People aren't meant to protect the rules, rules are meant to protect people
(*'////'*)
SpoilerShow
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
http://i979.photobucket.com/albums/ae27 ... nner-1.png" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;[/img]

ImageImage
*Puts Nagi behind the drums and Hinagiku at the front with the mike and a guitar*
Banners made by Midnight Jasper & Marinara
Kordosa wrote:I can just imagine all of the Hinagiku facepalming moments. That alone is worth it.
HnG chapter 333 pg 9 wrote:She (Hinagiku) realized an incredibly obvious but oft overlooked point: One had to read the manga before they could give their judgment of it.
ithekro wrote:Remember you aren't allowed to use your powers for evil.
With great power comes great responsibility
Absolute power corrupts absolutely
Tomoya Okazaki wrote:Can I beat you until you're motionless?
MegaTokyo wrote:Some of us are just a little more screwed up than others.
Saber (maglor) wrote:It is not how much, but it is where the king spends that tells what kind of king he is.
Rito wrote:Men don't decide whether they like someone or not based solely on breast size.
Kordosa wrote:Boy, I really need to learn to keep my questions to myself. It only makes things worse.
The lunatics around you are once again doing something to lower your opinion of human intelligence. ~Face Palm
Your sense of time tells you how much of your life has been wasted because you didn't take us at our word. ~Cracked.com
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Azu-nyan, Hina-chan, Aoyama-chan and Subaru-nyan-chan
Kordosa
Soul gem
Soul gem
Worships: Moriya Suwako's hat
2019 Female Favorite: Sakurajima Mai
2019 Male Favorite: Eugeo
2018 Female Favorite: Yamada Elf
2018 Male Favorite: Willem Kmetsch
2017 Female Favorite: Darkness
2017 Male Favorite: Roy Mustang
Wish: A third season of Spice and Wolf.

Post by Kordosa » Sat Jan 15, 2011 3:41 am

Arcion wrote:
maglor wrote:Arcion , I saw your sitemail. Sorry, but K-On and Sora no Woto are made by different studio with different back ground. Simply put, K-On characters and Sora no Woto characters have different history, different background, and shares no memory, thus cannot be considered as same character despite some superficial resemblance . We have already considered Eve from Black Cat and Yami from ToLoveRu as different character even though these two have much stronger claim to be de facto same character. Thus Sora no Woto characters should be considered as separate characters compared to K-On characters.
I sent it as a PM because I didn't think the discussion needed to be brought up for the main forum.
The only difference between the characters is the settings, one is a modern school, one is a post-apocalyptic world.
All through Sora, I was realizing that the characters of K-On would act exactly the same in the same situations, including Mio and Rio. Several of the situations were rather close to being copies of each other between the two series.
There is no difference in voting for Yui of K-On and voting for Kanata (their MAL profiles even make them sound the same). If there were even slight differences in their characters and personalities, I wouldn't have an issue with it, but there isn't

If you really want to look at it like that, most characters we have now are just expies of older characters and are shaped differently by their interactions, this has been going on for ages. Sora and K-On has the same set of characters and the same set of character frames set around them, letting them grow no differently between them.

Yami and Eve started out as the same characters, but Yami is also still growing, To Love-Ru is currently putting out a manga with Yami as one of the main characters. Currently it quite earns it's rating of 'mature' but Yami's plotline is clearly focused in seriousness.
SpoilerShow
There's even potential for Yami's within-story counterpart to appear here if it gets an anime adaption.
I believe the key word here (which Arcion already mentioned) is expy.

As for my nominations, nothing is set in stone at this point but here are who I'm considering (the ones in bold are the ones I'll most likely end up nominating):

Kotomi Ichinose - Clannad
Ryouko Asakura - Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu
Tsuruya - Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu
Ayumu Nishizawa - Hayate no Gotoku!
Mai Kawasumi - Kanon
Nayuki Minase - Kanon
Aisa Himegami - Toaru Majutsu no Index
Minatsu Shiina - Seitokai no Ichizon
Rena Ryuguu - Higurashi no Naku Koro ni
Bernkastel - Umineko no Naku Koro ni
Suigintou - Rozen Maiden
Suiseiseki - Rozen Maiden
Sango - InuYasha
Rin - InuYasha
Pacifica Casull - Scrapped Princess
Collet Brunel - Tales of Symphonia
Belldandy - Ah! My Goddess
Naru Narusegawa - Love Hina
Lime - Saber Marionette J
Yotsuba - Sister Princess

Of course, looking at the list of prelim auto-qualifiers, I can easily see at least 25 or 30 of them getting into the regular season, which will make it very competitive for all the other nominees. According to what I have saved, last year's list of nominees that had gotten 18 nominations or more totaled 156 characters. Highly competitive, indeed.
QuotesShow
Cirno wrote:*sinister laugh* Winning by only 47 votes is all part of my master plan. Now everyone will think I'm weak when, in fact, I'm the strongest. And then, when they least expect it, I'll strike back and take over the entire ISML. It's foolproof. Hahahaha, I'm such a genius!
Crisu wrote:And, of course, never merge an anti-cookie with a normal cookie. Serious consequence will occur.
shiraoky wrote:I'm always squeeing lol.
Metaler wrote:Seriously, if you're gonna do something badly, then don't bother doing it. It's like when you take a dump: you don't show it to other people specifically because it's shit!
Kordosa wrote:Protip: If a male high school student character is voiced by a female seiyuu, there is a 100% probability that that character will be forced to crossdress at some point.
Marinara
Artisan
Artisan
Badges:
ImageImage
Worships: Horo, the Wise Wolf
Wish: Bottomless ramen

Post by Marinara » Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:18 pm

Like already said, man, 12 is gonna be tough. I'm having a hard time choosing between old favorites and new interests. I'd like to give newbies a chance, without forgetting the wonderfulness of older characters.

Here goes (so far):
  • Ika Musume @ Shinryaku! Ika Musume
  • Ayuzawa Misaki @ Kaichou wa Maid-sama
  • Togame @ Katanagatari
  • Kirishiki Sunako @ Shiki
  • Amano Ichigo @ Yumeiro Patissiere (subject to change)
  • Victorique de Blois @ Gosick
  • Kaname Madoka @ Puella Magi Madoka Magica
  • Nazuna @ Hidamari Sketch Hoshimittsu
  • Mizunashi Akari @ ARIA
  • Furude Rika @ Higurashi no Naku Koro ni
  • Isara Gunther @ Valkyria Chronicles
  • ...still considering...
I'm re-looking up Ookami-san, Otome Youkai Zakuro, Baka to Test, and HoTD.

Although there are several characters from anime I'd love to see nominated, I know they have no chance so don't want to waste votes there (Nodame @ Nodame Cantabile, Kuronuma Sawako @ Kimi ni Todoke, Hitotsubashi Yurie @ Kamichu!).

I recently watched the first airing episode of Fractale and was very intrigued by Phryne, but I feel about her much the same way I feel about Miyazaki heroines: they defy the moe label. I feel to try to put these girls into a moe contest is an insult to their complex characters, and that they would likewise be horrified at the categorization. This is not to say that I think anything badly of the moe ideal and its associations, and obviously I don't since I take part in ISML; to me it's just harmless fun >.<
Marinara's Anime Blog: Anime B&B
Follow me on Twitter!
Elvinsky
Spirit hunter
Spirit hunter

Post by Elvinsky » Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:10 am

(Note: All names are given in Western order.)

I'm nominating the following Amagami SS girls, obviously:
1.) Tsukasa Ayatsuji - Nth-ing her...
2.) Ai Nanasaki - ...and her.
3.) Kaoru Tanamachi - Never mind her loss to Haruka Morishima in last year's exhibition match, but I like Kaoru's Type B tsundere character more. Not to mention dat hair...
4.) Risa Kamizaki - What can I say, she's a likable yandere...in the anime at least...
5.) Hibiki Tsukahara - I know there's a good portion of the Amagami fanbase who would want her to be included in the 2011 ISML tournament, so I included her for the heck of it. I don't mind seeing her in the tournament proper, or at least featuring in an exhibition match for darkhorse characters.

Okay... Moving on to new characters from other series and (maybe) characters from older series:

6.) Itsuwa (To Aru Majutsu No Index II) - Despite only seeing her in the first few episodes as an early cameo, I'm interested to see if a darkhorse character like her has the potential for this year's tournament. The Italy Arc should give her more exposure.
7.) Orsola Aquinas (To Aru Majutsu No Index II) - Miyuki Takara as a nun! Seiyuu joking aside, I'm also nominating Orsola for the same reason as Itsuwa. The Italy Arc should also give her more exposure.
8.) Ruri Gokou/Kuroneko (OreImo) - Nth-ing her as well, to the possible ire of Kirino fans. (Sorry guys!)
9.) Momo Belia Deviluke (To LOVE-Ru) - I find her to be the cutest out of the Deviluke sisters.
9.) Athena Tennos (Hayate No Gotoku) - With the recent 300+ chapters, it would be interesting to see Athena in the running for the 2011 tourney. It will help if the upcoming theatrical movie would be about the "End of The World" arc. NG, hence...
10.) Tessa Testarossa (Full Metal Panic!) - Tessa's one of my favorite mecha anime girls. 'Nuff said.
11.) -
12.) -

The last two three two (didn't notice I had two 5s), I'll leave blank pending personal viewing/re-viewing of some anime series (Angel Beats, The World God Only Knows, etc.). But the following characters (maybe more) are also being considered for inclusion in the list:

- The rest of the Amagami SS girls. In particular: Sae Nakata, Haruka Morishima, Rihoko Sakurai, Miya Tachibana. A few of them are greater underdogs than the ones I want to nominate so far... *cough*Rihocchi*cough*Sae*cough*
- Mina Yayoi (Tokimeki Memorial: Only Love) - Soft spot for shrinking violet kouhais, I guess. Plus an alternate end for her would've been nice.
- Elsea de Lute Irma (The World God Only Knows) - Never mind her expy-ness (looks-wise) to Tsuruya (minus the fang) and the fact that I've only watched TWGOK recently, but she is kinda cute in her own way...
- Tsubasa Hanekawa (Bakemonogatari) - Nyaahahahaha~!
- Otsuu Tsurugaya (Ookami-san) - Cute busty maid! Nuff said.
- Lizlet L Chelsie (Omamori Himari) - Same reason as above.
- Himeko Tachibana (K-On!!) - Another darkhorse, hehe... Also known as "the girl who sits next to Yui."
- Amia Lee (Gundam 00: A Wakening of the Trailblazer) - Hehe...just included her for the lulz. Also known as "ELS-tan."
- Shiori Shiomiya (The World God Only Knows) - Currently finishing the last few episodes of the series and my soft spot for shrinking violets strikes again. That and Kana Hanazawa's swoon-worthy voice.
- Aya Toujo (Strawberry 100%) - If early 2000's anime characters are still eligible for ISML 2011, I'm also including her. (My soft spot for shrinking violets strikes...yet again! Being voiced by Mamiko Noto also helps.) She was set up to be the main male lead's first love, but sadly doesn't get the guy in the end. (Alternate ending, anyone?)
- Cecilia Alcott (Infinite Stratos) - Alternative nominee to Tessa Testarossa (considering this is Yukana's more recent role and because lack of news of a new season of Full Metal Panic may hurt Tessa's chances in ISML 2011).
Last edited by Elvinsky on Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:31 am, edited 4 times in total.
"Rip and Tear. Rip and tear until it's done."
"To the good people I met on this site (Kordosa, Minhtam, Crisu, Maglor, Desufire, Momo, Marinara, Midnight-Jasper, Hikarin, Momento10, Shiraoky, Alex, Bastion, Superunature, Demi., Sedon, xcrossfacekillahx, Silver21, CureRainbow) thank you for the nice memories."
Bastion
Titan
Titan
Badges:
Wish: People who actually want to do their jobs.

Post by Bastion » Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:01 pm

Elvinsky wrote:9.) Athena Tennos (Hayate No Gotoku) - With the recent 300+ chapters, it would be interesting to see Athena in the running for the 2011 tourney. It will help if the upcoming theatrical movie would be about the "End of The World" arc.
I would also be putting a nomination in for Athena, except, until the movie or 3rd season (read EotW arc), she's ineligible by the rules of ISML. She hasn't gotten enough screen-time to be listed as an anime character yet, you'll notice that she was actually taken off the list of avatars needed for the HnG series. There's enough of a fandom to support her in the manga, but that's not what we're working from.
Jamie AB is open for business. How would you like your hare-brained scheme?
Confusing statements are fun :p
Medaka Kurokami wrote:People aren't meant to protect the rules, rules are meant to protect people
(*'////'*)
SpoilerShow
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
http://i979.photobucket.com/albums/ae27 ... nner-1.png" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;[/img]

ImageImage
*Puts Nagi behind the drums and Hinagiku at the front with the mike and a guitar*
Banners made by Midnight Jasper & Marinara
Kordosa wrote:I can just imagine all of the Hinagiku facepalming moments. That alone is worth it.
HnG chapter 333 pg 9 wrote:She (Hinagiku) realized an incredibly obvious but oft overlooked point: One had to read the manga before they could give their judgment of it.
ithekro wrote:Remember you aren't allowed to use your powers for evil.
With great power comes great responsibility
Absolute power corrupts absolutely
Tomoya Okazaki wrote:Can I beat you until you're motionless?
MegaTokyo wrote:Some of us are just a little more screwed up than others.
Saber (maglor) wrote:It is not how much, but it is where the king spends that tells what kind of king he is.
Rito wrote:Men don't decide whether they like someone or not based solely on breast size.
Kordosa wrote:Boy, I really need to learn to keep my questions to myself. It only makes things worse.
The lunatics around you are once again doing something to lower your opinion of human intelligence. ~Face Palm
Your sense of time tells you how much of your life has been wasted because you didn't take us at our word. ~Cracked.com
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Azu-nyan, Hina-chan, Aoyama-chan and Subaru-nyan-chan
akumaxx
Puella magi
Puella magi
Wish: An ISML without harmonics

Post by akumaxx » Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:48 am

>>Elvinsky, Arcion
Her entry in last 2 AST were only 'A-Tan' and all she did was only getting dusted in first round.
Her screen-time is too short by now. I would like to say that she will never win any anime match as long as she doesn't show up with full name. (She's strong in manga division, yet.)
== Low Activity ==
Current Soul: 269
Newest cards of Saimoe set: (Resized for signature use)
Previous cardsShow
Game8910
Thaumaturge
Thaumaturge
Worships: Nakagawa Kanon
Wish: Athena gets really popular in the future, also TWGOK S3

Post by Game8910 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:09 am

Guaranteed nominations:

1. Elsie de Lute Irma (Kami Nomi Zo Shiru Sekai) - By far the cutest character I've seen so far from the people not on ISML yet.
2. Kiriya Nozomi (Mayoi Neko Overrun) - Its a crime to have Fumino but not Nozomi here, her bracket on Jsaimoe was just unfair.
3. Nakagawa Kanon (Kami Nomi Zo Shiru Sekai) - I actually like Kanon's character a bit more than Elsie, but considering how she is not a mayor character in the series I am expecting her to get steam rolled if she somehow manages to get in. I dont wanna see that happening but I just want to support her this year :(
4. Kousaka Kirino (Ore no Imouto) - The most tsun of all tsunderes, and I loved it for some reason.
5. Amakusa Shino (Seitokai Yakuindomo) - I really liked her, she was really cute when she goes dere.

The rest of my 7 nomination slots are still up in the air, I have a list of names I am considering on nominating but I've yet to decide.

-Ika Musume
-Taneshima Poplar
-Imani Mahiru
-Shinonono Houki
-Merry Nightmare
-Kotegawa Yui
-Konjiki no Yami
-Hecate
-Asakura Ryouko
-Celty
-Kuroneko

Never nominating Aria characters for ISML again
Smoku
Kunoichi
Kunoichi
Wish: I wish a Touhou character would make it far into the league and win.

Post by Smoku » Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:33 am

I'm guessing Touhou Project Characters are a no-go in ISML?
Elvinsky
Spirit hunter
Spirit hunter

Post by Elvinsky » Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:22 am

Arcion wrote:
Elvinsky wrote:9.) Athena Tennos (Hayate No Gotoku) - With the recent 300+ chapters, it would be interesting to see Athena in the running for the 2011 tourney. It will help if the upcoming theatrical movie would be about the "End of The World" arc.
I would also be putting a nomination in for Athena, except, until the movie or 3rd season (read EotW arc), she's ineligible by the rules of ISML. She hasn't gotten enough screen-time to be listed as an anime character yet, you'll notice that she was actually taken off the list of avatars needed for the HnG series. There's enough of a fandom to support her in the manga, but that's not what we're working from.
Eh, don't worry, nothing's final about my list yet. And if A-Tan is indeed a no-go...well, at least there are replacements ready to fall in. However, I just want to ask if Mina Yayoi can still be eligible for ISML 2011. If not, I ought to pass the torch to Sae Nakata and/or Shiori Shiomiya (TWGOK) since they are the most recent incarnations of the "Shrinking Violet" character archetype.

Anyway, there's still time to tweak with the choices I have so far. Hehe...
"Rip and Tear. Rip and tear until it's done."
"To the good people I met on this site (Kordosa, Minhtam, Crisu, Maglor, Desufire, Momo, Marinara, Midnight-Jasper, Hikarin, Momento10, Shiraoky, Alex, Bastion, Superunature, Demi., Sedon, xcrossfacekillahx, Silver21, CureRainbow) thank you for the nice memories."
Toady
[School Idol Producer]
[School Idol Producer]
Badges:
Worships: Tsuruya-san
2017 Female Favorite: Nakano Azusa
2017 Male Favorite: Yang Wenli
Wish: A wedding for Nico & Maki

Post by Toady » Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:17 am

Yes, Mina Yayoi is eligible, but i don't think she has any chance to make it ^^
I'd be glad to see her though, I think she's a pretty good character, but only a few people know her.
Much stuff (but Chibaka has more)Show
#Drunkard4Ever #ThanksKiwi
My Secret Santa is awesome :3

Hikarin <3
Thank you Secret Santa 2016 :3
niwa87
Idol master
Idol master
Badges:
Worships: CPU Candidates
Melon Pan: 97
2018 Female Favorite: Teruhashi Kokomi
2018 Male Favorite: Saiki Kusuo
2017 Female Favorite: Kirima Sharo
2017 Male Favorite: Saiki Kusuo
Wish: My wishes come true...

Post by niwa87 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:02 pm

For now, the one that I confirmed to nominate are :
Takahara Ayumi (Kami Nomi zo Shiru Sekai)
Nakagawa Kanon (Kami Nomi zo Shiru Sekai)
Yuno Arashiko (MM!)
Inami Mahiru (Working!)

The one I still considering whether to nominate or not because of their past performance :
Fuyou Kaede (Shuffle!)
Miyazaki Nodoka (Mahou Sensei Negima)
Hinamori Amu (Shugo Chara!)
Sawachika Eri (School Rumble)
Tsukamoto Yakumo (School Rumble)
Kinomoto Sakura (Cardcaptor Sakura)
Mizuno Kaede (NyanKoi!)
Akashiya Moka (Rosario + Vampire)
Louise de La Valliere (Zero no Tsukaima)
Harada Riku (D.N.Angel) //She not even past the nomination period. :(
Misaka Shiori (Kanon)
Fujibayashi Ryo (Clannad)
Sangou Shizuku (Kampfer)
Segawa Izumi (Hayate no Gotoku)

The one I still considering whether to nominate or not because I expect them to have plenty support :
Kousaka Kirino (OreImo)
Kuroneko (OreImo)
Elsie de Lut Ima (Kami Nomi zo Shiru Sekai)

plus the one that I yet to know their strength
Isurugi Mio (MM!)
Kirishima Shouko (Baka to Test)
Himeji Mizuki (Baka to Test)
Hagimura Suzu (Seitokai Yakuindomo)

and plenty more... :P

I might ignored some of my older favorite which have lower performance before and choose the new one...

P/s : I really want to see a match between Yuno Arashiko and Inami Mahiru, even if it just an exhibition..
Please excuse my lousy English...
chaosprophet
Shinigami
Shinigami
Badges:
Worships: Evangeline McDowell
Wish: Future UQ Holder anime adaptation is done right.

Post by chaosprophet » Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:31 pm

Smoku wrote:I'm guessing Touhou Project Characters are a no-go in ISML?
Some were expecting that this http://myanimelist.net/anime/9875/Anime ... ou_Project" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; would make them able to participate. It seems like it already aired but was live so there is no raw and hardly any info so for now they can't participate. Although even if was released in dvd or similar format before nominations, it may still not be enought, being too short (10 minutes long) and even being a mix of two series, so the actual touhou characters may have too little air time in it.
amdrag
Cherry blossom
Cherry blossom
Wish: a lack of zetsuboushita.

Post by amdrag » Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:55 am

Haruhi Fujioka @ Ouran...
Kirino Kousaka @ Ore no Imouto...
Anarchy Panty @ Panty & Stocking w/ Garterbelt
Anarchy Stocking @ " " "
Scanty @ " " "
Knee-Socks @ " " "
Tsuruya @ Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsuu
Suigintou @ Rozen Maiden
Suiseiseki @ Rozen Maiden
Kana Nakamachi @ Kanamemo
Yume Kitaoka @ Kanamemo
Yuuki Minami @ Kanamemo
Stocking's gonna need to see your f*****' hands at the concert.
Cassiopeia
Combat butler
Combat butler
Worships: Tennos "A-tan" Athena

Post by Cassiopeia » Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:27 am

For this year, I am planning to use all spots for new series aired between 2010 Q1 to 2011 Q1 to promote fresh faces in ISML. Most of my all-time favourites progress directly to preliminaries, so I don't need to nominate them.

In my opinion, anime series aired in Q4 were better on average compared to other quarters, so I expect them to do well. Q1 had some interesting series, but I wonder people will still remember series aired a year ago. Angel Beats, working and K-on 2nd season overpowered other series in Q2 and Q3 was the worst period in terms of quality for 2010. (Setokai and Amagami (some arcs) were great though).

Here is the shortlist of my top candidates so far.. Things can change based on how much I catch up on series I missed and the recent developments of 2011 Q1 series... I also consider the relative popularity of each character and may decide to give my votes to less popular ones to help them qualifying for the preliminaries.

For example, I will probably choose not to nominate Kuroneko, since I am sure she will get enough ballots for nomination phase without my support.

Top Candidates (Almost confirmed for voting)
Elsea de rux ima (The World God Only Knows)
Shiomiya Shiori (The World God Only Knows)
Morishima Haruka (Amagami SS)
Shimada Minami (Baka Test)
Taneshima Popula (Working!)
Inami Mahiru (Working!)
Ayuzawa Misaki (Maid sama)
Kuronuma Sawako (Kimi ni todoke)

Other Candidates (I will pick remaining spots out of these candidates)
Kurumizawa Ume (Kimi ni todoke)
Kuroneko (Oreimo)
Aragaki Ayase (Oreimo)
Nakagawa Kanon (The World God Only Knows)
Aoyama Mio (The World God Only Knows)
Takahara Ayumi (The World God Only Knows)
Tanamachi Kaoru (Amagami SS)
Nanasaki Ai (Amagami SS)
Himeji Mitsuki (Baka Test)
Kirishima Shouko (Baka Test)
Ayatsuji Tsukasa (Amagami SS)
Itsuwa (To aru ....... Index)
Kaname Madoka (Mahou Shojou Madoka)
Akemi Homura (Mahou Shojou Madoka)
Phryne (Fractale)
Nessa (Fractale)
Yuuno Arashiko (mm!)
Arashiyama Hotori (Sore machi)
Kotegawa Yui (to love ru)
Yuuki Mikan (to love ru)
Akai Ringo (ookami)
Amakusa Shino (Setokai)
Hagimura Suzu (Setokai)
Korone (Daimao)
Last edited by Cassiopeia on Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
Image Credit to Awesome Hikarin <3 ISML2011 FINAL <3
Cassiopeia
Combat butler
Combat butler
Worships: Tennos "A-tan" Athena

Post by Cassiopeia » Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:46 am

Arcion wrote:

Yeah... It's too bad she still can't compete in ISML. I tried to nominate last year, but because of her lack of exposure in anime format, I couldn't do it.
so I didn't even bother to include her on my shortlist.
Image Credit to Awesome Hikarin <3 ISML2011 FINAL <3