Nominations and other events occurring before the Main Tournament
Elvinsky
Spirit hunter
Spirit hunter
Melon Pan: 50

Re: RESULTS: 2011 Prelims II-2

Post by Elvinsky » Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:39 am

Victors list:
Yui (Hirasawa), Kuroko, Index, Ilya, Mugi, Tsukasa, Mikuru, Tomoyo, Nagi, Saber, Laura, C.C., Astraea, Kyo, Mikan, Holo, Sakura, Nagisa, Rika, Fate, Seraphim, Hitagi, Louise, Nadeko, Mafuyu. (25)
- Well, most of the wins were just as expected, though Kuroko, Index, Laura, Fate and Nadeko winning their matches put a slight smile on my face.

"Vanquished" list:
Toko, Fumino, Ai (T_T), Yui (Kotegawa), Haruka (T_T), Kaori, Komoe-sensei. (7)
- Slightly overestimated Fumino's chances...oh well... ._.
- I remember reading a post/thread about Shuffle and it was mentioned that most characters from VN/Dating Sim/eroge anime adaptations don't quite do well in any Saimoe. (The only notable exception, of course is CLANNAD, but the best that the CLANNAD girls did in previous ISML tourneys--AFAIK--is win necklaces. No tiaras yet.) Makes me wonder if Amagami SS is the latest series to suffer this VN/Dating Sim adaptation "curse."
possible series entry for ISML 2012Show
I also wonder if the upcoming anime adaptation of The Idolmaster will also fall victim to the curse as well? (Despite the original game being more of a "Raiser Sim.") BTW, the TV series (yes, you heard that right) will be more faithful to the video games, similar to the Live for You OAV.

Sources:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... -green-lit" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclo ... p?id=12436" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Anyway...

"We'll meet again, don't know where, don't know when...~♪" WHIRRRP!!

Okay...so maybe I'll save that song for Phase III once it's all said and done... ^^;
"Rip and Tear. Rip and tear until it's done."
"To the good people I met on this site (Kordosa, Minhtam, Crisu, Maglor, Desufire, Momo, Marinara, Midnight-Jasper, Hikarin, Momento10, Shiraoky, Alex, Bastion, Superunature, Demi., Sedon, xcrossfacekillahx, Silver21, CureRainbow) thank you for the nice memories."
Kiopi
Intelligent device
Intelligent device
Worships: Mari Illustrious Makinami

Post by Kiopi » Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:11 pm

I feel that Amagami's weakness is more due to the omnibus format than the adaptation curse. There is not enough constant exposure to ingrain them into the minds of voters, considering that the characters are just...normal beings with more realistic proportions (figuratively).
Supporting:
  • Bakemonogatari: Oshino Shinobu ♦ Sengoku Nadeko ♦ Senjōgahara Hitagi
  • K-On!: Akiyama Mio ♦ Nakano Azusa ♦ Hirasawa Yui
  • Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai: Kashiwazaki Sena
  • Kore wa Zombie Desu ka?: Eucliwood Hellscythe
  • Haiyore! Nyaruko-san: Nyarlathotep
  • Kyōkai no Kanata: Kuriyama Mirai
  • Hyōka: Chitanda Eru
  • Mondaiji: Kurousagi
Miku
Sacred jewel
Sacred jewel
Worships: Fate Testarossa
Wish: Someday can step onto Hockenheimring or Nürburgring to shout for local racing drivers!

Post by Miku » Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:13 pm

Fate won and so did Laura. That's enough. Today Fate will fight against Seraphim, I think Fate may win over Seraphim but it will be a tougher match. Laura is caught by Saber, oh no...God bless her.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
SpoilerShow
ImageImageImage
Elizabeth F. Beurling (Silver Fox) From: Maritime State Britannia
Hetaliafan09
Cherry blossom
Cherry blossom
Worships: Gilgamesh
Wish: Become a member of the Straw Hat crew.

Post by Hetaliafan09 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:50 pm

I watch Dragon Crisis for DAT OP.

Surprised Rose lost though. She's quickly falling in popularity. Glad for Mami! If only Madoka got support as well. Also the Amagami crew! All the girls in that show had more personality than half the girls in this contest (Except Sae). I'm disappointed by their lack of followers.
nihaonyan
Beef bowl
Beef bowl
Worships: Tachibana Kanade
Wish: Kanade to do well

Post by nihaonyan » Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:01 pm

I'm so glad that Nipah won her match~ And it's nice to see the Madoka Magica girls win for once.
Other girls I support: Hitagi, Yuki, Taiga, Rika, Yui (Hirasawa), Mio (Akiyama), Azusa, Fuko, Kotomi, Tomoyo, Kyou, Kirino, Kuroneko, Konata, Kagami, Shana
Natsumi
Torch
Torch
Worships: Murakami Natsumi

Post by Natsumi » Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:23 pm

It's a good day for Kuroko, Mugi, Mikuru, Mafuyu, and I'm really excited for Mami and Homura<333

I'm sad to see Izumi, Mahiru, and Minori go</3 I'm also really shocked that Rika beat Rose. o_O I was rooting for Rose, but I guess longevity just does better than brand new...?
Kordosa
Soul gem
Soul gem
Worships: Moriya Suwako's hat
2019 Female Favorite: Sakurajima Mai
2019 Male Favorite: Eugeo
2018 Female Favorite: Yamada Elf
2018 Male Favorite: Willem Kmetsch
Wish: A third season of Spice and Wolf.

Post by Kordosa » Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:50 pm

Mostly expected results. However, I was hoping that Minori would have won against Tsukasa.
QuotesShow
Cirno wrote:*sinister laugh* Winning by only 47 votes is all part of my master plan. Now everyone will think I'm weak when, in fact, I'm the strongest. And then, when they least expect it, I'll strike back and take over the entire ISML. It's foolproof. Hahahaha, I'm such a genius!
Crisu wrote:And, of course, never merge an anti-cookie with a normal cookie. Serious consequence will occur.
shiraoky wrote:I'm always squeeing lol.
Metaler wrote:Seriously, if you're gonna do something badly, then don't bother doing it. It's like when you take a dump: you don't show it to other people specifically because it's shit!
Kordosa wrote:Protip: If a male high school student character is voiced by a female seiyuu, there is a 100% probability that that character will be forced to crossdress at some point.
ilkaid
Paladin
Paladin
Worships: Furude Hanyū
Wish: More free time

Post by ilkaid » Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:21 am

Very good results :D
superunature
Intelligent device
Intelligent device
Worships: Akiba
Wish: Rabu touch!

Post by superunature » Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:33 am

I just realized ISML 2011 prelim. rounds has significantly more voters then ISML 2010~ (didn't start voting until around mid 2010)
hopefully we'll have 10k voters per round in regular season :P
Wolfnagi
Necromancer
Necromancer
Worships: Sanzen'in Nagi
Wish: Want Nagi to win this year ISML....
And 1 Million bucks....

Post by Wolfnagi » Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:51 am

Damn,
Rose lose...........
Maybe the series is the main factor that keeping her down >.<
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage