RESULTS: 2011 Seeding III

Nominations and other events occurring before the Main Tournament
hinakatbklyn
Incubator
Incubator
Melon Pan: 55

Re: RESULTS: 2011 Seeding III

Post by hinakatbklyn » Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:09 am

Interesting. Kanade has Mikoto to deal with in previous round, wins by 900+. Her current round, all of her opponents are very strong. beats the closest opponent by a much higher margin. Speaking of Mikoto, she won as expected. Wasn't expecting Eluciwood to pass Ruri for second though.
RusAnon
Nikuman
Nikuman
Worships: Suigintou
Melon Pan: 50

Post by RusAnon » Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:10 am

Yay, another Kanade win!

Dunno about antagonism towards Kanade, but there is large group who hate k-on and shana and see Kanade as perfect candidate to take top spot from them.

Mikoto is stronger than I've expected. Definitely one of tiara nominees.
Eater-of-All
Dragon slayer
Dragon slayer
Badges:
Melon Pan: 65

Post by Eater-of-All » Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:10 am

Kanade rapes all the elite 7 as expected. Honestly, I'd blame that on the format more than anything, since it gives off that hero v. overwhelming odds mentality that may skew results. This match, in particular, almost worked like 6-way vote split between the six veterans.

Yay Yui! And Yui! And, uh, Yuri!
Last edited by Eater-of-All on Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
SpoilerShow
Wigwams
Cardcaptor
Cardcaptor

Post by Wigwams » Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:11 am

so anyone can make the seeding list from 1-50?
ithekro
Strike witch
Strike witch
Badges:

Post by ithekro » Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:16 am

What will matter is one on one. Nothing more.

The field will be set.
Space Opera
xcrossfacekillahx
Incubator
Incubator
Worships: Rosario Cross
Wish: A very good tournament and more cookies. Moehood to reign

Post by xcrossfacekillahx » Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:17 am

Clannad is losing to Angel Beats and
Saber in second place in pool 4
Momento10
Electromaster
Electromaster
Badges:
ImageImageImageImage
Worships: Setsumi Sakura
Melon Pan: 88
2020 Female Favorite: Sakurajima Mai
2020 Male Favorite: Ishigami Yū
2019 Female Favorite: Tōma Kazusa
2019 Male Favorite: Ayanokōji Kiyotaka
2018 Female Favorite: Nishimiya Shōko
2018 Male Favorite: Sagara Sōsuke
Wish: My definition of peace and tranquility.

Post by Momento10 » Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:22 am

Kanade gets 1300 over Asuza. That is worse than Mikoto's 900 reach. I think we should just give Kanade the Tiara.

Other notes: 1. I'm surprised Yuki bested Hinagiku and Taiga. I guess Disappearance helps, or are Hinagiku and Taiga losing their momentum.
2. It looks like Eucliwood defeating Ruri is no joke, but their scores are relatively close. I wonder what happens then they meet come regular season. God being bested by Ruri and Eu does not look good for her, but i guess she can still make it to the top 16. Charlotte may have a chance of defeating Haruhi come regular season.
3. Yui (AB) > Yui (K-On!) > Kirino. Kirino does not look to be Top 16 material, and Yui (K-On!) may have a hard time getting there, probably the 15th or 16th spot, but not much else. Sorry Kyou and Kagami. I love both of you, but you are not making it to Double Elimination this year.
4. Yuri has a relatively decent chance in making to regular season. Cannot say much for Saber and Tomoyo. Maybe they can have the 16th spot, well, one of them at least.
5. Bakemonogatari still has it, but it may not be enough to best the big girls out there. At least Fate defeated Ui by relatively the same amount of points that Ui defeated her last year.
6. C.C. remailns consistent in her scores. Cannot say much about everyone else. I would have guessed that Haruna can take down Index, but the opposite occurred. Still, the score was relatively close, so it could change come regular season.
7. Kugimiya Rie remains for Loiuse. Would have guessed Sera to topple over over, but I guess wrong. Kuroko is popular than i thought when compared to her opponents.
akumaxx
Puella magi
Puella magi
Wish: An ISML without harmonics

Post by akumaxx » Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:40 am

#1: A 1325 gap is just large enough...
#2: Not that strong but some can stand in top 16.
#3: Both Yui are OK. Supress those once and again.
#4: We shall have a long fight.
#5: A 48 difference... Wanting a replay of last Diamond 6(30).
#6: Weak with hope.
#7: The day is hard.
#8: And is Shiina(AB) at the 50th slot?

Take a rest of 2 week and start the real battle.
== Low Activity ==
Current Soul: 269
Newest cards of Saimoe set: (Resized for signature use)
Previous cardsShow
amdrag
Cherry blossom
Cherry blossom
Wish: a lack of zetsuboushita.

Post by amdrag » Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:48 am

Because regular season dominance = ISML championships.

She jelly.
Stocking's gonna need to see your f*****' hands at the concert.
maglor
~Fukou da~
~Fukou da~
Badges:
ImageImage
Worships: Abriel Nei Debrusc Borl Paryun Lafiel
Melon Pan: 75
2020 Female Favorite: Holo
2020 Male Favorite: Natsume Takashi
2019 Female Favorite: Akemi Homura
2019 Male Favorite: Arima Kōsei
2018 Female Favorite: Chtholly Nota Seniorious
2018 Male Favorite: Yang Wenli
Wish: More people being open to alternatives and compromises.

Post by maglor » Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:54 am

Eater-of-All wrote:
Unless girls like these are one of your top picks, it's natural to start hating someone who keeps on blowing her opponents out of the atmosphere every match. It used to happen with Shana, but nobody gives a damn anymore because it's scientifically proven that Shana never wins anything important.

Half a year of regular season blowouts do wonders to nurture anti-votes.
Since there were so many Saimoe Tournaments Shana feel just short at the championships, I am finding it hard to challenge your claim of 'scientifically proven', despite my best effort to try to find rigorous reasons that will dispute the claim.

Wigwams wrote:so anyone can make the seeding list from 1-50?
I would love to see you make the seeding list. You now have plenty of useful data from nomination, prelim and the 3 seeding matches.
maglor
~Fukou da~
~Fukou da~
Badges:
ImageImage

Post by maglor » Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:55 am

amdrag wrote:Because regular season dominance != ISML championships.
Fixed it for you.
Yakuman
Berserker
Berserker
Worships: Kurumi-sama *.*
Wish: more

Post by Yakuman » Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:09 am

Probably Kiopi is right and Kanade really feels too mediocre for me, but then I don't get why. Kuudere is probably my favorite character archetype, HanaKana is one of my top 5 favorite seiyuus, I have no problems with the series she's coming from and I also find her character design cute.
shiraoky wrote:Well...mostly expected results. Still kind of wondering what made Azusa's popularity rise so much though =.=
Second season of K-ON! made the change, this is obvious. The spotlight moved onto her while Mio was pretty much tossed away, I was kinda expecting the switch between them. Just compare how much moe moments Mio had in the two seasons, I'd bet she had more in S1 even though S2 was twice as longer.

Onto the results:
G1: No comment on Tenshi, the result speaks for itself. Hopefully Mio will somehow overtake Shana so she can make it to the semifinal at least.
G2: Victorique failed pretty hard, I considered her strength somewhat similar to Yuu and Kuroneko yet even Char beat her comfortably.
G3: AB-Yui, oh my. I thought Kirino is stronger than this, Kagami seems weak too, she almost lost to Kyou :\
G4: Saber beat Tomoyo, oh noes ._. Hopefully it will change on a 1-on-1 match.
G7: What happened to Lingyin? She shouldn't have lost to the like of Nymph, Kuroko or Iwasawa :\
Hurry up and make a contract with me! ◕‿‿◕ ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
defeated but not forgotten favoritesShow
ImageImageImage
Materials used in the sig are courtesy of Marinara, ppizzapie, Hikari-chan and Annabloem
maglor
~Fukou da~
~Fukou da~
Badges:
ImageImage

Post by maglor » Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:22 am

Yakuman wrote:Probably Kiopi is right and Kanade really feels too mediocre for me, but then I don't get why. Kuudere is probably my favorite character archetype, HanaKana is one of my top 5 favorite seiyuus, I have no problems with the series she's coming from and I also find her character design cute.
shiraoky wrote:Well...mostly expected results. Still kind of wondering what made Azusa's popularity rise so much though =.=
Second season of K-ON! made the change, this is obvious. The spotlight moved onto her while Mio was pretty much tossed away, I was kinda expecting the switch between them. Just compare how much moe moments Mio had in the two seasons, I'd bet she had more in S1 even though S2 was twice as longer.

Onto the results:
G1: No comment on Tenshi, the result speaks for itself. Hopefully Mio will somehow overtake Shana so she can make it to the semifinal at least.
G2: Victorique failed pretty hard, I considered her strength somewhat similar to Yuu and Kuroneko yet even Char beat her comfortably.
G3: AB-Yui, oh my. I thought Kirino is stronger than this, Kagami seems weak too, she almost lost to Kyou :\
G4: Saber beat Tomoyo, oh noes ._. Hopefully it will change on a 1-on-1 match.
G7: What happened to Lingyin? She shouldn't have lost to the like of Nymph, Kuroko or Iwasawa :\
So should Huang Lingyin be declared 49th seed ?
Team Rocket Elite
Moon princess
Moon princess
Badges:
Worships: Bernkastel
Wish: dried plums to go with the tea.

Post by Team Rocket Elite » Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:23 am

Another impressive performance from Kanade. Azusa was being held back bu Mio but I didn't quite expect a win by this much. Hinagiku nearly manages to beat Yuki which isn't bad. It's still a sizable drop from last year but at least it doesn't look as bad as Nagi's drop. This time Ayase was slightly holding back Kuroneko but it looks like Eucliwood might really be the stronger of the two right now. They are definitely really close together in terms of strength. Maybe the latest Oreimo OVA episodes will let Kuroneko pull away. I expected more from Kirino but it looks like she isn't living up to them. I expected her to challenge Yui but in the end she lost in a close match to Yui. I'd still say Kirino has a chance at Top 16 but she's going to have to work for it. Saber manages to edge past Tomoyo. Clannad constantly putting up poor results is a bit depressing. I guess it's probably my personal bias that's setting expectations that they just can't meet. C.C. really surprised me in Group 6. I didn't think she would win let alone by the margin she won by. Mikuru also had a pretty bad performance and barely beat Nagisa. I'm not sure why but Mikuru looks quite a bit worse than she did earlier in preliminaries. A lot of weak characters in group 7. It's nice to see Nymph managed to beat three of them. Lingyin once beat Tsukasa, Ui, Yami and Kuroko. I wonder what happened that caused her to be the bottom of this group. Kuroko is even in this match so you can see a clear difference between her performance now and what she once did.
A miracle that you believe in when you know it won't happen......... is hope.
Yakuman
Berserker
Berserker
Worships: Kurumi-sama *.*
Wish: more

Post by Yakuman » Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:46 am

maglor wrote:So should Huang Lingyin be declared 49th seed ?
If you ask me, my 49th seed would definitely be Iwasawa. She was only 80th in nominations and before this, she couldn't beat a single character who made it to the top 50 except the 50th seed Shiina. Lingyin was 11th in nominations and she had plenty of wins in prelims (Yami, Ui, Kuroko), she even beat Mikuru, Kyou and Nagisa in Seeding I even though that was probaly the result of the huge KyoAni split.
Hurry up and make a contract with me! ◕‿‿◕ ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
defeated but not forgotten favoritesShow
ImageImageImage
Materials used in the sig are courtesy of Marinara, ppizzapie, Hikari-chan and Annabloem
superunature
Intelligent device
Intelligent device
Worships: Akiba
Wish: Rabu touch!

Post by superunature » Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:16 am

clannad has such a deep story
shiraoky
Electromaster
Electromaster
Worships: the rwby ladies <3
Wish: more time to laze around and have fun!

Post by shiraoky » Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:20 am

lol kind of a random post, but so true. Clannad was definitely one of those animes that aren't just any regular shoujo sort of meaningless ones...but then again, Key does a pretty good job, no? :P
Thanks to M-J for the beautiful sigs<3~!
Hachiko
Heavenly Tiara
Heavenly Tiara
Worships: Kaname Madoka
2020 Female Favorite: Aisaka Taiga
2020 Male Favorite: Agatsuma Zen'itsu
2019 Female Favorite: Kaname Madoka
2019 Male Favorite: Azusagawa Sakuta
2018 Male Favorite: Hikigaya Hachiman
Wish: An awesome 2020 ISML.

Post by Hachiko » Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:32 am

Too early to say, but it looks better for Kanade.
Toady
[School Idol Producer]
[School Idol Producer]
Badges:
Worships: Tsuruya-san
2020 Female Favorite: Nagato Yuki
2020 Male Favorite: Ishigami Yū
2019 Female Favorite: Nakano Azusa
2019 Male Favorite: Kyon
2018 Female Favorite: Rem
2018 Male Favorite: Roy Mustang
Wish: A wedding for Nico & Maki

Post by Toady » Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:43 am

I wonder where you'll place Ayase in the seeding, because she was obviously in the wrong group this time ^^
For the seeding, Azunyan is probably seed #2, right ? I'm so happy to have my favorites at such a high level =D
49th should be Rin. I'm happy that she lost in the group of losers. Anyway, except Nymph, I don't really like anyone in this last pool.

I'd be happy to see someone make a seeding list so that we can discuss it afterwards ^^
Much stuff (but Chibaka has more)Show
#Drunkard4Ever #ThanksKiwi
My Secret Santa is awesome :3

Hikarin <3
Thank you Secret Santa 2016 :3
Umi
Void mage
Void mage
Worships: Ichinose Kotomi

Post by Umi » Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:50 am

Good wins for Index & Hirasawa Yui. The Clannad girls don't look so hot. Pretty sad really.