[RATE] 1. Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai

Nominations and other events occurring before the Main Tournament

Have you watched Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai?

Poll ended at Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:33 pm

Nope
19%
Did not finish...
14%
I finished it!
67%

Total votes: 43
Chocola
Hikarin's Kitty
Hikarin's Kitty
Worships: Kousaka Reina
Melon Pan: 50
2017 Female Favorite: Karasuma Chitose
2017 Male Favorite: Killua Zoldyck
Wish: Hikachu to not hate me

[RATE] 1. Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai

Post by Chocola » Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:43 am

Welcome to the ever-so-exciting filler event between Nominations and Preliminaries! For 2012, we will be analyzing the anime represented in our Preliminary Round. There are several goals that we hope to achieve through this event. For those who already watched the anime, they can offer good insight to each other about the anime. And for those who haven't, they can take the opportunity to review feedback and see if they are interested in seeing the anime in the future. Comments are optional, although we suggest that you leave concise, general comments and not an essay.

Please give short comments about each categories without going to specific spoilers. Revealing information from non-anime sources is prohibited.

Here's the format I want you guys to use, so please stick to it because I'll be using it to give an average for everyone. When the poll ends, you may still rate but the forum average may update. Also, please don't use the four point scale! If you really think the story is bad, don't give it 20/30, give it 10/30.

Anime: Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai

+Story: 0/30 - comments
+Characters: 0/25 - comments
+Animation: 0/15 - comments
+Music: 0/10 - comments
+Enjoyment: 0/20 - comments

+Total: 0/100 (you must add up your 5 scores since this is a statistical rating)
+Episodes Watched: 0/25 (1st + 2nd + OVA)

You can interpret the categories however you like, but if you need help, here's a rubric of some sort:
explanation of categoriesShow
+Story: For most purposes, this is essentially plot. Anime where plot is not of main importance will still have a story, so you may rate on setting, premise, symbolism, or just how well the events flow into a...story.

+Characters: The main part of this category will be character development, although there are other aspects to think about such as likability, uniqueness, balance, interactions, dialogue, or even seiyuu casting and performance.

+Animation: This category consists of character design and animation fluidity, but you can include your own criteria -- maybe a certain scene is executed very well or the artistic techniques are special. If all fails, this is where you rate how moe characters are.

+Music: The reason this category is worth so little is that many anime watchers do not play close attention to music. In fact, we sort of take background music for granted, so it's okay just to rate OP/ED. But for some anime, music can play a huge role, good or bad.

+Enjoyment: Give us your subjective opinion of how you like the anime. If you don't know, rate it on if you would rewatch it or not.
If you dropped or haven't finished the anime, then you can still choose to rate what you have seen. If you haven't watched the anime, then perhaps you should not rate, but still tell us why you decided not to watch the anime (if there's a really good reason why). Don't pass this over as something complicated and time-consuming, however, because you should take between 1-5 minutes to do these! Any more and you risk including spoilers or including others' opinions that you may have read. We want this to be purely what you think, almost instinctively, because I believe it best reflects your own opinion.

Reward: 1 cookie

Average scores as of poll ends:

+Story: 6.9
+Characters: 7.8
+Animation: 7.8
+Music: 7.3
+Enjoyment: 8.0

+Total: 74.9/100
+Deviation: 8.79
+Stability: 3.60

Deviation: how much ratings differ by (low = ratings are close together)
Stability: how much the average can change with another rating (low = stable)
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
MAL Ratings ISML Chat, Saimoe Blog, Saimoe Wiki
A tall, towering wall looms in front of me. Beyond that is something that I could never to see on my own.
And that is...the view from the top.
Ash Falls Town
Space pirate
Space pirate
Worships: Sumomo Akihime
2017 Female Favorite: Kinomoto Sakura
2017 Male Favorite: Hinata Shōyō
Wish: Secret

Re: [RATE] 1. Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai

Post by Ash Falls Town » Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:38 pm

Story 20/30
The story is a simple "solve people's psychological issues" plot but this is a plot type I really like. Girls get multiple episodes to develop and there are breather eps in-between. The dating sim motif is novel and works in a sort of art imitates life imitates art sort of thing. There's probably some meta stuff in it too although it doesn't really look at everything too deeply.
The narrative seems kind of neutral on if dating sims are good and if Keima is "right" about his life. The Chihiro arc looked at this a bit but Chihiro's problems are obvious and fixable. The fact that it isn't wholly positive is slightly damning in that regard.

Characters 20/25
There are two groups of characters, arc girls and the mains.
The arc girls are all by necessary stereotypes, some better than others. Shiori's arc was handled beautifully while Kasuga's was surprisingly badly written and didn't feel believible.
(Although some of that is because no "girl secretly likes cute things" could be as good as Miracle Train's and Shugo Chara's "guy secretly likes cute things" plots.) Haqua is a generic tsundere whose tsun for the sake of tsun also.
The exception to these is Chihiro's arc which uses the normal girl character type to make an exceptional plot line and was believable and gave Keima development too.

Now Keima is interesting in a Is his obsession good or bad? sort of way on the surface. He's rather contradictory too, he says there are no bad heroines but is annoyed when the real girls don't fit archetypes, sometimes he gives up at the drop of a hat (Reading Shiori's mind) and other times he pushes through with great determination. He understands girl's minds but can't understand why teachers tell him to stop playing in class.
Some of these annoyed me but the last episode, when I watched it was like a puzzle falling into place. He holds contradictory positions in his head because real humans hold contradictory positions in their heads.
Elsie's adorable.

Animation 13/15
Animation is crisp and clear. I really liked the falling book scene and Shiori loves books scenes. The chibi scenes also helped increase Elsie's adorableness.

Music 7/10
I can't remember music off the top of my head but there were no ridiculous out of place pieces. First opening was really catchy and Love Kanon and Sora's ending a both really good insert songs. Keima's singing leaves a lot to be desired.

Enjoyment 15/20
At the moment It's the second best show of 2010 for me. Some of the arcs were much worse than others but Shiori, Chihiro and Kanon had great arcs and Sora, Ayumi and the last episode were great standalone.

Total 75/100
Episodes Watched: 24/25
Excluding OVA
Last edited by Ash Falls Town on Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RegalStar
[Countryside Loli]
[Countryside Loli]
Badges:
ImageImage
Melon Pan: 0
Wish: Miracles

Post by RegalStar » Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:28 pm

Not a great writer, so I'll just leave a couple of sentences out there.

Story: 25/30

The premise of the plot is pretty novel at least, compared to a lot of things out there. Aside from that, the comedy aspect of the show is pulled off pretty nicely, and it generally is pleasant to watch and not a bore. Slightly formulaic though, since the anime only covers so much.

Characters: 24/25

Most of the arc heroines are at best beautifully written, and at worst still very likable, but the real MVP is still Keima himself. Very much different from the useless harem leads that we see so much out there, he is an extremely capable analyst, and often goes through great lengths to make his plans work. While he claims that he's merely in it to preserve his life, as time goes on it becomes increasingly obvious that how much he actually cares about his conquests. Maybe not a very complex character, but he's one that appeals to me a lot, enough that he's my number one favourite male protagonist out there.

And yes, Elsie's adorable.

Animation: 13/15

I'm going to be frank. I used to say that I have as much sense of visual beauty as a caveman, but now I think that's an insult to the cavemen since there are art from those eras. It looks decent to me, just like pretty much everything else that isn't SHAFT.

Music: 8/10

First season OP is great, and second season's OP too. ED are not that great, though. The in-anime music are all pretty decent.

Enjoyment: 20/20 - comments

Loved it. I usually don't like reading mangas, and this is one of the only two manga-adapted animes that managed to convince to me to read the original.

Total: 90/100 (you must add up your 5 scores since this is a statistical rating)
Episodes Watched: 25/25 (1st + 2nd + OVA)
Yakuman
Berserker
Berserker
Worships: Kurumi-sama *.*
2017 Female Favorite: Rem
2017 Male Favorite: Okazaki Tomoya
Wish: more

Post by Yakuman » Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:32 pm

+Story: 23/30
I really like the setting of the series, the concept of a game nerd using all his gaming experience to get real girls is really fascinating. It's well executed as well even though the stories felt a bit forced sometimes. However, I had to deduct some points because it gets a bit too repetitive in the second season without any new major elements. It's not really the anime's fault since it is the source material starts up pretty slow (like in a shounen) but I'm rating the anime, not the manga.
Story is still a strong point of TWGOK, a third season would improve my ratings as well.

+Characters: 14/25
Keima, the main character is golden. Besides the wits and epic moments he has while capturing the girls, his character adds a very entertaining aspect to the show as well. His reluctant attitude and obsession with the gaming world is a great source of comedy.
I'm not that positive, however, on the girls' side. While the heroines Keima has to capture needs to be stereotypic so he can fit them into the world of galges, there are only a few girls who actually caught my attention, and they're from the first season (to name them, they are Kanon and Shiori). As for the demons who help Keima, Elsie's childish attitude usually rubs me in the wrong way. Haqua pretty much saves that side for me, since I like tsunderes :P

+Animation: 12/15
Character designs are good, but not exceptionally great. There are a bit too much girls with short hair and some of them kinda looks alike as well. Animation is fluid, there are some really pretty scenes on the top note of the arcs. Backgrounds are okay.

+Music: 5/10
The OP of the first season is really good and there's Kanon's arc with some catchy insert songs as well. The EDs and the soundtrack didn't catch my attention at all, but as for the latter, it blended in the show well. Probably too well.

+Enjoyment: 15/20
Even though I've found some points that I can criticize, in overall, I enjoyed the show. The unique premise and the romance is really good, it has great comedic moments as well. I want a third season, but I wouldn't rewatch the series.

+Total: 69/100
+Episodes Watched: 25/25
Hurry up and make a contract with me! ◕‿‿◕ ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
defeated but not forgotten favoritesShow
ImageImageImage
Materials used in the sig are courtesy of Marinara, ppizzapie, Hikari-chan and Annabloem
xcrossfacekillahx
Incubator
Incubator
Worships: Rosario Cross
Wish: A very good tournament and more cookies. Moehood to reign

Post by xcrossfacekillahx » Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:16 pm

Story 20/30
The story is good. It was some kind of a dating sim where the guy would choose to do something to make the girl fall for him. It does follow the manga for the most part.

Characters 18/25
There are people from hell and of course Keima's own kind. The girls are not necessarily perfect but each arc were handled very well. I liked Chihiro, Kanon, Ayumi and Shiori. Their arcs were the best. The drawback is there are just too many of the girls.

Animation 11/15
Animation is decent. It can still improve.

Music 5/10
This anime doesn't really excel in this department except for Kanon and ELISA.

Enjoyment 15/20
Its format made me enjoy it. While they are not yet in the part where the real fun starts, it was okay for me. There was enough comedy to back it up.

Total 69/100
Episodes Watched: 25/25

Manga biased so yeah
Jack_Rav
Thaumaturge
Thaumaturge
Wish: For both Kanade and Yuki to win a necklace this year. Wish granted! <3

Post by Jack_Rav » Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:36 pm

+Story: 12/30 - We start with an interesting premise, which unfortunately appears to have stagnated until little more of a framing device. After 24/25 episodes of KamiNomi, there has been no noticeable progression in the overarching storyline which is a criminally slow pace. I've heard the plot does progress in the manga, but based on the anime there has been no such development.

+Characters: 16/25 - (10 - main, 6 - arc girls out of 12.5) Obviously in a show like KamiNomi, one can create a distinction between two types of character - main and 'arc girls'. The main characters are excellent; although absorbed in video games continually Keima reluctantly 'rescues' the maidens in each arc and provides an excellent comedic value. Elsie acts as the foil to Keima, and is adorable in everything she does and has received slight development over the course of the series (Kanae Itou is excellent in portraying Elsie's immaturity). Haqua's hype is inexplicable - the manga must know something I don't. (if she can be considered a main character)

The arc girls, by contrast, are largely disappointing with mostly artificial concerns with a inflated time period of rectification (most notably Nakagawa Kanon). Over the course of two series, we have been graced by 7(?) such characters but most are largely forgettable - only Shiori's arc have I largely remembered. This is perhaps indicative of the artificiality of the series as a whole, although perhaps this is unsurprising considering the serie's constant flirtations with the archetypes.

+Animation: 10/15 - It is smooth, crisp and not below par. Similarly, however, it does not force re-watches for animation quality alone.

+Music: 7/10 - (4 - OP, 2 -ED, 1 - BGM) The two OPs are among the most bombastic I've watched, and have merited further repeats even having finished the series. The EDs are forgettable, and the background music does it's job if nothing else.

+Enjoyment: 17/20 - One would be forgiven if one thought I would rate this category fairly low, but mistaken. The comedic value from the series is fantastic, if not the characters/story. As stated above, Keima's cynical nature and Elsie's naive, immature nature provide an excellent foil for one another and produce many laughs are a result thereof; they are ultimately the series' saviours. However, in order to last much longer, plot progression is needed.

+Total: 62/100 (you must add up your 5 scores since this is a statistical rating)
+Episodes Watched: 24/25 (1st + 2nd)

Edited slightly.
Reminder: Start of November = ARIA. Hahi~
JLoable91
Shinigami
Shinigami
Worships: Izayoi Sakuya
Wish: Gotta nom 'em all!~

Post by JLoable91 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:33 pm

- Story 18/30: It's not much of a story, but it does have an excellent introduction first episode. Don't expect any big development...
- Characters 20/25: For me, it are the characters that made this anime. Except for Keima ofcourse, they're not really original as they are all based off great anime traits (tsundere, idol...) but they are very different, which gives it each time there begins a new arc a new flavor.
- Animation 11/15: Not super, but good...
- Music 7/10: The opening is GODLIKE, the other songs are decent to average...
- Enjoyment 16/20: I enjoyed the first season more than the second one, but overall it's a very easy anime to watch. Not too complicated for it's genre and that makes it just fine!

TOTAL 72/100: You must see it if you like the genre or if you want a happy anime, but if not... it will not be your type...
Eclairs
Shinigami
Shinigami
Worships: Tamura Manami // Nagato Yuki // Aisaka Taiga
Wish: MUFC to win the treble of Premier League, FA cup and UEFA Champions league in the 2013/2014 season.

Post by Eclairs » Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:49 pm

Kami Nomi zo Shiru sekai :
Story : 21/30 for for season 1, 24/30 for Season 2.
Character : 18/25 for both season.
Animation : 12/15 for each season.
Music : 6/10 for S1, 7/10 for S2
Enjoyment : 16/20 for S1, 15/20 for S2.

Overall, S1 = 73/100 : S2 = 76/100

I dont feel like commenting further.
Last edited by Eclairs on Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Thanks a lot to Hikari-Chan , Midnight-Jasper and ppizzapie for the awesome signatures and slivers.
"Take caution thy children, for thou art guilty of sin if thou does not fappeth to the lolis!" Bob 23:29-192
Umi
Void mage
Void mage
Worships: Ichinose Kotomi

Post by Umi » Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:33 pm

Let me give this a try.

Story: 22/30
The concept is certainly fresh using galge tactics and applying them to the 'real world'.
Comic relief is decent; most notably Elsie's passion for fire engines and her horrendous cooking.

Characters: 17/25
Most of the girls are adorable but with only a few episodes dedicated to each heroine, they didn't leave much of an impression on me. Once their arc is done, it pretty much means you don't really get to see them anymore.
It makes me feel like I only have the time frame of 3-4 episodes to like a character. In short, the character development is lacking.

Animation: 10/15
Not too shabby. Everything looks decent.
They animated the game scenes like the bug-ridden 'Crayon' pretty well.

The op sounds unique. What I didn't like was the Engrish but it's tolerable I guess.
It's commendable the way they had Kanon singing a variety of songs instead of repeating the same old song over and over again. My fave song from her was Love Call.
The inserts are pretty decent too like the piano piece of Hajimete Koi wo Shita Kioku.

Enjoyment: 13/20
The experience was pleasant but I don't feel compelled to re-watch this anytime soon.

Total: 70/100
Jeffrey-sama
Soul gem
Soul gem
Wish: K-ON! Season 3

Post by Jeffrey-sama » Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:35 pm

The number one reason why I haven't watched TWGOK yet is because I've heard from MANY people, both online and in real life, that the anime is inferior to the manga.
Bastion
Titan
Titan
Badges:
Wish: People who actually want to do their jobs.

Post by Bastion » Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:07 pm

Watched it, mostly because I kept hearing about the story here on the forum, but won't even try reviewing it because A: Never do reviews, B: My opinions seem to differ greatly (sometimes to even opposite extent) from others.

For example:
Favored CharacterShow
my favorite character is a slightly different take on one of ISML's stars, and I have less favoritism for the characters everyone seems to like.
Favorite QuoteShow
Don't mix up real life and games (something like that). Also said in HnG continually.
Here it's actually amusing because he's using his 'game' knowledge in his version of real life, so he's calling himself a hypocrite, which also clearly states that the knowledge gained from one source can be used in other places - as is proven almost every time you turn around. That's very amusing to me.
Jamie AB is open for business. How would you like your hare-brained scheme?
Confusing statements are fun :p
Medaka Kurokami wrote:People aren't meant to protect the rules, rules are meant to protect people
(*'////'*)
SpoilerShow
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
http://i979.photobucket.com/albums/ae27 ... nner-1.png" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;[/img]

ImageImage
*Puts Nagi behind the drums and Hinagiku at the front with the mike and a guitar*
Banners made by Midnight Jasper & Marinara
Kordosa wrote:I can just imagine all of the Hinagiku facepalming moments. That alone is worth it.
HnG chapter 333 pg 9 wrote:She (Hinagiku) realized an incredibly obvious but oft overlooked point: One had to read the manga before they could give their judgment of it.
ithekro wrote:Remember you aren't allowed to use your powers for evil.
With great power comes great responsibility
Absolute power corrupts absolutely
Tomoya Okazaki wrote:Can I beat you until you're motionless?
MegaTokyo wrote:Some of us are just a little more screwed up than others.
Saber (maglor) wrote:It is not how much, but it is where the king spends that tells what kind of king he is.
Rito wrote:Men don't decide whether they like someone or not based solely on breast size.
Kordosa wrote:Boy, I really need to learn to keep my questions to myself. It only makes things worse.
The lunatics around you are once again doing something to lower your opinion of human intelligence. ~Face Palm
Your sense of time tells you how much of your life has been wasted because you didn't take us at our word. ~Cracked.com
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Azu-nyan, Hina-chan, Aoyama-chan and Subaru-nyan-chan
chaosprophet
Shinigami
Shinigami
Badges:
Worships: Evangeline McDowell
Wish: Future UQ Holder anime adaptation is done right.

Post by chaosprophet » Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:00 am

Jeffrey-sama wrote:The number one reason why I haven't watched TWGOK yet is because I've heard from MANY people, both online and in real life, that the anime is inferior to the manga.
Interesting because I got the opposite effect. From those I know who watched the anime and read the manga, the general consensus seems to be the anime improved the manga. It just can't substitute the manga because it only did part of it's story, a short part even.
Momento10
Electromaster
Electromaster
Badges:
ImageImageImageImage
Worships: Setsumi Sakura
Melon Pan: 88
2018 Female Favorite: Nishimiya Shōko
2018 Male Favorite: Sagara Sōsuke
2017 Female Favorite: Megumin
2017 Male Favorite: Zen Wistalia
Wish: ISML - A new face for the champion.
KBM - to revive
AST - to encourage international participation
IRL - My definition of peace and tranquility.

Post by Momento10 » Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:10 am

Story: 17/30
For a show that is formatted to follow individual routes than to combine multiple routes into one main route, I would say this show was average. Parts of it were quick, easy to follow a girl's problems, and solved well in the correct amount of time. Others tend to just drag on and on with no substance or meaning and lack of or little character development before the big ending finish brought by the male protagonist. It starts off on a high note, but never really finishes with a bang.

Characters: 16/25
Keima is a more interesting male character than most, sadly because he is more hardcore in playing video games in front of his teachers and denying anything happening in real life. Sadly, I cannot say the same for all of the girls in the KamiNomi show. With each arch focusing on a specific girl with a noticeable stereotype, the ending can be close to easily seen before Keima can finish his own deduction. With such typical girls, they only shine when it is their turn to be captured, but once the arc end, they do not leave much of an impression and immediate attention is given to the next character on stage.

Animation: 12/15 - From their random expressions to the capturing spirits screen, animation-wise, it was there. The background was not the greatest with all detail, but it was overall nice to look at and follow.

Music: 9/10 - I found the music to be great to listen to, having seiyuu of each character singing their ending credit and own individual single. Opening and ending were nice to follow with, and Kanon's idol singing was great. This would have gotten a ten if and only if Keima had not comically, but horribly sang at the end of both series.

Enjoyment: 17/20 - Did I enjoy the show in the long run? Yes. Despite not being a plot-driven type of work, I enjoyed some of the interactions between characters, no matter how silly they were. I have my favorite characters, music to listen to, so it all ended up okay. While something I would not generally recommend to people, if they are interested in this type of genre, it would be one of the few names I would point out to them.

Total = 71/100
kanohistorm
Electromaster
Electromaster
Worships: Erika Sendou
Melon Pan: 181
Wish: a kookie?

Post by kanohistorm » Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:27 am

Watched both anime and manga, so I'll try to keep the manga details out.

Story: 20/30
minor spoilerShow
I think the story concept is pretty well done. Not only are we seeing each heroine get their own screentime, but also the many unique problems each of them face which presents new obstacles for Keima to challenge. And if all you do is follow the anime, you won't be able to predict which girl is next while in other similar animes, it is often revealed which girls will have development with the male protagonist.
Characters: 25/25
Love it.
Each character is unique and adorable in their own way, and their development/arc are all well done.

Animation: 13/15
Not a very good judge with this, but it looks clean and the scenes are well made.

+Music: 6/10
Worth listening to, although it doesn't stand out that much. Certain character songs are good quality

+Enjoyment: 16/20
Happy with the anime. At first I didn't want to watch TWGOK (didnt pick it up until after S1 finished), but had nothing else to do on one weekend, and it really appealed to me after watching it. End up reading all the manga so far cause I wanted to continue the story

+Total: 80/100
+Episodes Watched: 25/25
spoiler alert :3
Chocola
Hikarin's Kitty
Hikarin's Kitty

Post by Chocola » Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:42 am

Thanks everyone for responding. Some of you may not have responded because you think your opinions/ratings are similar to others. But remember this is all we'll be doing until mid-February...lol, and I'm really interested in making some sort of connections about ratings and how well characters do in ISML. For example, someone commented that characters who do well in saimoe are from anime with a good plot, so we'll see if that's really true.
Arcion wrote:Watched it, mostly because I kept hearing about the story here on the forum, but won't even try reviewing it because A: Never do reviews, B: My opinions seem to differ greatly (sometimes to even opposite extent) from others.
No problem, just remember you'll be missing out on cookies, not that you care.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
A tall, towering wall looms in front of me. Beyond that is something that I could never to see on my own.
Alwerien
Artisan
Artisan
Badges:
Worships: Patchouli Knowledge
Wish: ...i-it's a secret.

Post by Alwerien » Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:15 am

+Story: 21/30
At first when I started this I thought this type of show won't be for me and that the story is useles (more of, not there at all) s but eventually I found the individual stories actually pretty well done. Not too far with S2 but liking it in manga so far.

+Characters: 22/25
Love most of them <3 Some overdone archetypes are a bit meh, but overall still didn't find character I would hate.

+Animation: 13/15
I'm no expert on animation and didn't find anything too disrupting me from the enjoyment of series. Not perfect but it's quite good.

+Music: 8/10
I'm not that hard to please. Quite liking most of the songs. Catchy and moe. Well....maybe I just didn't get to the bad ones yet. And I have strange fascination with the 1st OP.

+Enjoyment: 17/20
Stalled cos lazy, but I still enjoyed it so far. Love the manga ww.

+Total: 81/100
+Episodes Watched: 17/25
Friends share your interests. REAL friends share your perversions~
Is it bishie tournament yet? No? Gee, what did you wake me up for?
Jack_Rav
Thaumaturge
Thaumaturge
Wish: For both Kanade and Yuki to win a necklace this year. Wish granted! <3

Post by Jack_Rav » Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:48 am

KholdStare88 wrote:For example, someone commented that characters who do well in ISML are from anime with a good plot, so we'll see if that's really true.
Hahahahaha, funniest thing I've heard all day. (although it is early morning) If we count a good plot as what it should be, ie it progresses and is more than a framing devices for the character interactions, I'd argue the opposite were the case. Good stories are, ironically, neglected by the popular majority.

In my opinion, moe-ness is more focused on character interaction/design. Suitably more shallow for an ultimately shallow competition. (Note that I'm not being harsh here, but I have favourite characters who I do not consider moe, and series without a hint of moe in them.)
Reminder: Start of November = ARIA. Hahi~
Chocola
Hikarin's Kitty
Hikarin's Kitty

Post by Chocola » Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:55 am

Oh no, you completely misunderstood, and I miswrote ISML when I meant saimoe in general. For example take Rozen Maiden, Cardcaptor Sakura, Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha, and recently Madoka Magica. Out of popular anime, those have the strongest plot/story. We're not talking about "series neglected by the popular majority" here because this isn't an argument about underrated anime. But out of popular series that everyone knows, the moe/ecchi or slice-of-life series generally do worse than series with a plot (in case of slice-of-life) or better plot (in case of typical harem/ecchi).

For example, you see a series coming out with characters moe-designed with no substantial plot, and you just know immediately that series won't get far in saimoe.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
shiraoky
Electromaster
Electromaster
Worships: the rwby ladies <3
Wish: more time to laze around and have fun!

Post by shiraoky » Sat Jan 14, 2012 4:17 am

+Story: 25/30 - Well, the plotline is okay. However, I just don't like a lot of harem animes, and the fact that he has to "conquer" so many girls just sort of bothers me. I feel as if he's cheating on them in general, only for him to find a way to escape each girl since they forget. But it's original, so it's okay.
+Characters: 23/25 - The characters are all really cute and different, and I haven't come to really hate any of them.
+Animation: 14/15 - It's flow-y and pretty and magical-y. I liked Shiori's part that was animated best.
+Music: 9/10 - The music is nice, but I gave it a 9 because it wasn't extremely memorable.
+Enjoyment: 20/20 - Cute and lighthearted and fun!

+Total: 91/100 (you must add up your 5 scores since this is a statistical rating)
+Episodes Watched: 24 (there's an OVA?!)/25 (1st + 2nd + OVA)

edit: looks like im too nice of a reviewer .__.
Last edited by shiraoky on Sat Jan 14, 2012 4:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thanks to M-J for the beautiful sigs<3~!
akumaxx
Puella magi
Puella magi
Wish: An ISML without harmonics

Post by akumaxx » Sat Jan 14, 2012 4:18 am

A few words.
Story: 24/30
Each girl has her day. And Keima uses different ways to solve them. We are not told what it will end into, thus we have imaginations.
For known mangaShow
22/30 with quite a lot of incomplete plots.
Characters: 25/25
They are all unique, no fuss. Even side ones like Sora are different. And for targets, only one has abnormal hair...
Animation: 11/15
Not noticing much, but it doesn't anger me.
Each main girl has a few. Especially Kanon's VA has a debut and success. And I never skipped ending during watching. (Opening is not by those girls)
Enjoyment: 17/20
We have clear arcs, we have good girls, we have music, and what else?
Total: 85/100 Rank: S(84-86)
Watched: 25/25
== Low Activity ==
Current Soul: 269
Newest cards of Saimoe set: (Resized for signature use)
Previous cardsShow