[RATE] 8. Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha

Nominations and other events occurring before the Main Tournament

Have you watched Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha?

Poll ended at Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:13 am

No, I haven't.
25%
Just a bit of it.
19%
Completed it!
56%

Total votes: 32
HeartClover
Space cowboy
Space cowboy
Worships: Audrey Hepburn
Melon Pan: 50
Wish: adventure

Re: [RATE] 8. Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha

Post by HeartClover » Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:05 am

Haven't seen this yet, but it's really high on my "to watch" list because of Nanoha, Fate, and the music.
Thanks to my lovely Emjayfor the sig~
shiraoky
Electromaster
Electromaster
Worships: the rwby ladies <3
Wish: more time to laze around and have fun!

Post by shiraoky » Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:51 am

+Story: 21/30 - It was an okay plotline, a bit normal with the regular mahou shoujo type of anime.
+Characters: 22/25 - I liked a lot of the characters, even some of the villains (even though they had a heel turn...)
+Animation: 11/15 - The animation was alright, nothing too great, yet it wasn't bad either.
+Music: 8/10 - I remember really liking all of the different OP's.
+Enjoyment: 16/20 - tbh I don't remember it that well since I watched it awhile ago, but i remember liking it enough to watch all of it.

+Total: 78/100 (you must add up your 5 scores since this is a statistical rating)
+Episodes Watched: 72/72 (13 + 13 + 26)*
Thanks to M-J for the beautiful sigs<3~!
imbehindyou
Time traveler
Time traveler
Worships: Rena
Wish: Becoming Pokemon Master.  Wishes for: Becoming teh Master Hater.  Wishes for: James' Victreebel & Mime Jr. Secret Identity: I am a robot. 

Post by imbehindyou » Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:52 am

+Story: 15/30 - nothing very original. Mostly generic "mahou shoujo" style story with a girl trying to help out (insert whatever) by collecting stuff and building friendships and whatnot. except with crazy hardcore beams and stuff added. honestly 1st season wasn't really interesting - even the shortened movie version was a bit boring to me. 2nd season was better though.
+Characters: 16/25 - Despite having a rather uninspiring premise, I found Nanoha pretty interesting that she was trying to be friends even if it involved using force. Fate had some character growth but when I watched the movie version I wasn't impressed as much with her backstory. I think the Wolkenritters in 2nd season were much more interesting rival than Fate had been in 1st season and they are def. my top favorites of the series (+Hayate).
+Animation: 9/15 - Not that fantastic in TVA but movie was better.
+Music: 6/10 - I really like the OPs for the series but ED, IN, BGM were rather forgettable
+Enjoyment: 12/20 - I got bored during the 1st season. 2nd season was better.

+Total: 58/100 (you must add up your 5 scores since this is a statistical rating)
+Episodes Watched: 26/52 (1st + 2nd + Movie)

I didn't watch StrikerS cause I heard it wasn't as good as first two seasons (which were not that good for me anyways, so...).
YagamiHayate
Combat butler
Combat butler
Badges:

Post by YagamiHayate » Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:43 am

+Story: 20/30 - Started out in the first season seeming like it was going to be an extremely generic mahou shoujo anime (which isn't necessarily a bad thing), but by halfway through you found out that there were some darker elements involved in the story. Still, the story itself wasn't really special. Pacing definitely improved in the second season though. As for StrikerS, well it didn't really feel like I was watching Nanoha anymore; completely different from the first two seasons, and it felt as if I was watching a 'shounen' anime in some ways.

+Characters: 20/25 - I always get a good laugh out of Nanoha's befriending. Tamura Yukari also does a good job voicing Nanoha, making her an extremely memorable character to the point where I find it hard not to associate her voice with Nanoha whenever I hear it in another anime. As for Fate, her backstory and character development were more focused on in the movie, and I thought it was handled pretty well. I liked Hayate as well (obvious), though I wish she'd had more screen time during StrikerS. The Wolkenritter were interesting too. Some of the supporting characters from the first two seasons inexplicably disappeared for ages only to randomly reappear at the weirdest times (Yuuno and Arf anyone?).

+Animation: 11/15 - The difference in the animation quality from the first TV series to the movie is quite a lot, though I guess it wasn't bad for its time.

+Music: 9/10 - I'm biased here, as I'm a massive Nanatard, and 'Innocent Starter' was one of her first songs which I heard. Loved all the OP's, insert songs, and the ED's were pretty good too. 'Brave Phoenix' is just epic.

+Enjoyment: 16/20 - I definitely enjoyed watching this series quite a lot, mostly because I found almost all of the characters to be likeable in some way. A's was easily the best though. I have extremely high expectations for the second movie which is supposed to be coming out sometime this year.

+Total: 76/100 (you must add up your 5 scores since this is a statistical rating)
+Episodes Watched: 52/52
xcrossfacekillahx
Incubator
Incubator
Worships: Rosario Cross
Wish: A very good tournament and more cookies. Moehood to reign

Post by xcrossfacekillahx » Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:21 pm

+Story: 20/30 - It could be improved if the pacing was a little better
+Characters: 22/25 - The anime excels in this department. From Nanoha and Fate + side characters who don't get here often. It's always fun to watch.
+Animation: 9/15 - Considering the time it aired, it passes.
+Music: 9/10 - Nana Mizuki and Yukari Tamura are very good.
+Enjoyment: 15/20 - Fate's intro might be a good place to start like someone said. It's enjoyable even with the movie.

+Total: 75/100 (you must add up your 5 scores since this is a statistical rating)
+Episodes Watched: 72/72 + pat on the back
Game8910
Thaumaturge
Thaumaturge
Worships: Nakagawa Kanon
Wish: Athena gets really popular in the future, also TWGOK S3

Post by Game8910 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:54 am

+Story: 22/30 - The first season was pretty weak at first, but it pulled itself together near the end. Season 2 was a non stop high adrenaline show which was bounds and leaps better than S1, and im probably the only person that thinks StrikerS was the best of the 3 seasons. The move is pretty much season 1 but without the things that made it boring, so there is no more reason for anyone to even watch those 13 episodes.
+Characters: 22/25 - I love a lot of these characters, there was geniune development for a lot of them and even with such a large cast I found myself sympathysing with a lot of them. Vita's development was noteworthy in As I might add. Nanoha going from sweet girl to concentrated basass was also awesome. Fate...she was alright.
+Animation: 12/15 - A bunch of QUALITY moments throughout the series but I really did like it.
+Music: 9/10 - This series actually had a lot fo really good music be it BGM, OP/ED, or inserts...Prob Nana Mizuki's rise to stardom?
+Enjoyment: 19/20 - Hell if they ever animate Force of Vivid....I'd watch it.

+Total: 84/100
+Episodes Watched: 72/72 (13 + 13 + 26)*
Cross
Assassin
Assassin
Worships: Madoka
Wish: me to be in an anime.
All-time Favorite:
Tachibana Kanade

Post by Cross » Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:34 am

No, I haven't.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Support ISML + My All-time FavoriteShow
ImageImage
HasbeenaHibiki
Space cowboy
Space cowboy
Badges:
Worships: セニョール・ハズビーナ, ティエリア・アーデ, ダークライ,天ノ川 きらら,紅城 トワ
Melon Pan: 201
2019 Female Favorite: Platelet
2019 Male Favorite: Bakugō Katsuki
2018 Female Favorite: Kurumizawa Satanichia McDowell
2018 Male Favorite: Bakugō Katsuki
2017 Female Favorite: Yazawa Nico
2017 Male Favorite: Reigen Arataka
Wish: A precure making it in ISML and a very popular male Saimoe. Also a Mucha Lucha anime. Darkrai in Saimoe

Post by HasbeenaHibiki » Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:22 am

+Story: 25/30 - comments
Season 1 and 2 were good and inspiring while StrikerS was just bleh.

+Characters: 21/25
Most of the characters have nice development but didn't like Nanoha's StrikerS personality though.

+Animation: 12/15 - comments
Animation on it is pretty decent

+Music: 8/10 - comments
Good music overall.

+Enjoyment: 15/20 - comments
The first 2 series were enjoyable not so much in StrikerS

+Total: 81/100 (you must add up your 5 scores since this is a statistical rating)
+Episodes Watched: 39/72 (13 + 13 + 26)*
Kordosa
Soul gem
Soul gem
Worships: Moriya Suwako's hat
2019 Female Favorite: Sakurajima Mai
2019 Male Favorite: Eugeo
2018 Female Favorite: Yamada Elf
2018 Male Favorite: Willem Kmetsch
2017 Female Favorite: Darkness
2017 Male Favorite: Roy Mustang
Wish: A third season of Spice and Wolf.

Post by Kordosa » Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:41 am

Anime: Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha (1st + A's + StrikerS)

+Story: 20/30 - Just your typical magical girl plot. Or is it? The only other magical girl series I had seen prior to Nanoha was Sailor Moon (which had a definitive good vs. evil format complete with villians of the week) and parts of the Americanized version of Cardcaptor Sakura. While Nanoha shared the collection aspect with Cardcaptor Sakura, there wasn't really a defined good vs. evil conflict because there was usually some situation driving the conflict and many of the antagonists turned out to either be misunderstood or could be sympathized with.
+Characters: 22/25 - At first I didn't like Nanoha all that much. Her idealistic view on things and the tendency to befriend those ordinarily opposed to her was kind of annoying. However, once the second season rolled around, I started liking her a lot more. The rest of the cast in the first two seasons had their moments, but I liked the characters introduced in the third season the most.
+Animation: 14/15 - All of the action and fight scenes were fun to watch and the magical attacks were thoroughly impressive.
+Music: 5/10 - I honestly don't remember any of the music, not even the opening/ending themes even though those were sung by the seiyuu... But I guess that's one indication the music didn't suck at least...
+Enjoyment: 15/20 - Nanoha was overall a fun series and I thought it got better with each of the following seasons. Characters were likable, and some of the storytelling themes were nice if a little idealistic.

+Total: 78/100
+Episodes Watched: 52/52 + first movie
QuotesShow
Cirno wrote:*sinister laugh* Winning by only 47 votes is all part of my master plan. Now everyone will think I'm weak when, in fact, I'm the strongest. And then, when they least expect it, I'll strike back and take over the entire ISML. It's foolproof. Hahahaha, I'm such a genius!
Crisu wrote:And, of course, never merge an anti-cookie with a normal cookie. Serious consequence will occur.
shiraoky wrote:I'm always squeeing lol.
Metaler wrote:Seriously, if you're gonna do something badly, then don't bother doing it. It's like when you take a dump: you don't show it to other people specifically because it's shit!
Kordosa wrote:Protip: If a male high school student character is voiced by a female seiyuu, there is a 100% probability that that character will be forced to crossdress at some point.
Alwerien
Artisan
Artisan
Badges:
Worships: Patchouli Knowledge
Wish: ...i-it's a secret.

Post by Alwerien » Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:43 am

Too lazy to really review this seriously. *spanks maglor*

+Story: 25/30 - I was really reluctant about Nanoha at first because it was one of my first forced jumps from bishielicious things to cute little girls and loli fanservice. However I was pleasantly surprised that this thing wasn't uhm..as dumb as I was expecting. It bears some similarity to other mahou shoujo series, but well...that's why it's called mahou shoujo, no? Though I have to say that the beginning with just Nanoha...was sort of weak and stereotypical. But then Fate appeared and it all got a much better spin. And just kept getting better. Like when the bunnies on Vita's hat appeared.
+Characters: 23/25 - There was quite a few really good characters (like Fate, Feito and also Fa-) so I don't really have much to hate on this. I also really liked Reinforce (no, not the loli one),Vita's hat, Arf, Teana, Signum, Alicia, Hayate and Chrono....... *stares and Kholdy* And maybe also Vita and Caro. There is enough character growth and depth to the characters as well.
+Animation: 10/15 - There were both worse and better moments. Quite nice but nothing too spectacular.
+Music: 9/10 - NANA-CHAN <333
+Enjoyment: 16/20 - Well, not enough bishies. Sorry MSLN. But it was nice. I remember looking forward to adult Fate so much yet in the end I didn't really finish StrikerS...in the end the lack of bishiesxbishies probably got to me. And it took me like ages to get through what I watched as well.

+Total: 83/100
+Episodes Watched: 44/52
Friends share your interests. REAL friends share your perversions~
Is it bishie tournament yet? No? Gee, what did you wake me up for?
maglor
~Fukou da~
~Fukou da~
Badges:
ImageImage
Worships: Abriel Nei Debrusc Borl Paryun Lafiel
Melon Pan: 75
2019 Male Favorite: Archer
2018 Female Favorite: Chtholly Nota Seniorious
2018 Male Favorite: Yang Wenli
2017 Female Favorite: Tomori Nao
2017 Male Favorite: Yang Wenli
Wish: More people being open to alternatives and compromises.

Post by maglor » Mon May 06, 2013 6:44 pm

I will close this on the night of May 10th, Friday, so please submit your rating before then.
DurianDude
Spirit hunter
Spirit hunter
Worships: Kotomi of course
Wish: Everyone in the world to realize the greatness of durians

Post by DurianDude » Mon May 06, 2013 11:39 pm

Never seen it
Fire Sisters!Show
maglor
~Fukou da~
~Fukou da~
Badges:
ImageImage
Worships: Abriel Nei Debrusc Borl Paryun Lafiel
Melon Pan: 75
2019 Male Favorite: Archer
2018 Female Favorite: Chtholly Nota Seniorious
2018 Male Favorite: Yang Wenli
2017 Female Favorite: Tomori Nao
2017 Male Favorite: Yang Wenli
Wish: More people being open to alternatives and compromises.

Post by maglor » Sat May 11, 2013 6:28 am

The poll is now over! Here are the averages:

+Story: 6.9/10
+Characters: 8.4/10
+Animation: 7.5/10
+Music: 7.9/10
+Enjoyment: 7.7/10

+Total: 76.1/100
+Deviation: 10.45

If you haven't rated, please do because your opinion will still count! If you have, then Momo might give you your cookies shortly~