Hikarin's Kitty
Worships: Kousaka Reina
Melon Pan: 50
2017 Female Favorite: Karasuma Chitose
2017 Male Favorite: Killua Zoldyck
Wish: Hikachu to not hate me

[RATE] 11. Hidan no Aria

Post by Chocola » Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:48 am

Welcome to the ever-so-exciting filler event between Nominations and Preliminaries! For 2012, we will be discussing the anime represented in our Preliminary Round. There are several goals that we hope to achieve through this event. For those who already watched the anime, they can offer good insight to each other about the anime. And for those who haven't, they can take the opportunity to review feedback and see if they are interested in seeing the anime in the future. Comments are optional, although we suggest that you leave concise, general comments and not an essay.

Please give short comments about each categories without going to specific spoilers. Revealing information from non-anime sources is prohibited.

Here's the format I want you guys to use, so please stick to it because I'll be using it to give an average for everyone. When the poll ends, you may still rate but the forum average may update. Also, please don't use the four point scale! If you really think the story is bad, don't give it 20/30, give it 10/30.

Anime: Hidan no Aria

+Story: 0/30 - comments
+Characters: 0/25 - comments
+Animation: 0/15 - comments
+Music: 0/10 - comments
+Enjoyment: 0/20 - comments

+Total: 0/100 (you must add up your 5 scores since this is a statistical rating)
+Episodes Watched: 0/12 (no special)

IMPORTANT: You need to state how many episodes you've watched or else your rating will count for less!

You can interpret the categories however you like, but if you need help, here's a rubric of some sort:
explanation of categoriesShow
+Story: For most purposes, this is essentially plot. Anime where plot is not of main importance will still have a story, so you may rate on setting, premise, symbolism, or just how well the events flow into a...story.

+Characters: The main part of this category will be character development, although there are other aspects to think about such as likability, uniqueness, balance, interactions, dialogue, or even seiyuu casting and performance.

+Animation: This category consists of character design and animation fluidity, but you can include your own criteria -- maybe a certain scene is executed very well or the artistic techniques are special. If all fails, this is where you rate how moe characters are.

+Music: The reason this category is worth so little is that many anime watchers do not play close attention to music. In fact, we sort of take background music for granted, so it's okay just to rate OP/ED. But for some anime, music can play a huge role, good or bad.

+Enjoyment: Give us your subjective opinion of how you like the anime. If you don't know, rate it on if you would rewatch it or not.
If you dropped or haven't finished the anime, then you can still choose to rate what you have seen. If you haven't watched the anime, then perhaps you should not rate, but still tell us why you decided not to watch the anime (if there's a really good reason why). Don't pass this over as something complicated and time-consuming, however, because you should take between 1-5 minutes to do these! Any more and you risk including spoilers or including others' opinions that you may have read. We want this to be purely what you think, almost instinctively, because I believe it best reflects your own opinion.

Reward: 1 cookie

Let the fun begin!
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
MAL Ratings ISML Chat, Saimoe Blog, Saimoe Wiki
A tall, towering wall looms in front of me. Beyond that is something that I could never to see on my own.
And that is...the view from the top.
maglor
~Fukou da~
~Fukou da~
Badges:
ImageImage
Worships: Abriel Nei Debrusc Borl Paryun Lafiel
Melon Pan: 75
2019 Female Favorite: Sakurajima Mai
2019 Male Favorite: Archer
2018 Female Favorite: Chtholly Nota Seniorious
2018 Male Favorite: Yang Wenli
2017 Female Favorite: Tomori Nao
2017 Male Favorite: Yang Wenli
Wish: More people being open to alternatives and compromises.

Re: [RATE] 11. Hidan no Aria

Post by maglor » Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:19 am

Great, this means KholdStare88 will bug me until I have seen enough Hidan no Aria episodes to give it proper rating....
shiraoky
Electromaster
Electromaster
Worships: the rwby ladies <3
Wish: more time to laze around and have fun!

Post by shiraoky » Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:28 am

+Story: 23/30 - I thought the storyline wasn't really anything special.
+Characters: 18/25 - Honestly, the only character that I thought was cool was Reki, and she barely got any screen time. Aria seemed just like yet another Kugimiya loli-tsun that I'm not that appealed towards, Riko was a bit crazy but even I found her cooler than Aria, and Shirayuki was just...meh.
+Animation: 12/15 - There was nothing wrong with it, yet it was kind of average.
+Music: 6/10 - I thought the OP was cool, and that's all that I can remember.
+Enjoyment: 16/20 - Err, I guess it was okay, it wasn't bad enough that I quit watching it. Yet nothing really stood out from this anime, so it was eh.

+Total: 75/100 (you must add up your 5 scores since this is a statistical rating)
+Episodes Watched: 12/12 (no special)
Thanks to M-J for the beautiful sigs<3~!
xcrossfacekillahx
Incubator
Incubator
Worships: Rosario Cross
Wish: A very good tournament and more cookies. Moehood to reign

Post by xcrossfacekillahx » Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:50 am

+Story: 18/30 - The storyline is not that good and of course nothing special.
+Characters: 15/25 - I can't find myself to like Aria. Reki was fine, Riko was alright but Kugimiya did not make the show better and yet Aria is that popular.
+Animation: 9/15 - Decent animation so there.
+Music: 5/10 - OP was good but everything else was bad
+Enjoyment: 14/20 - I'll let it slip so I'll give it a high score. The thing is, I wanna drop it but I can't do that once I watched episode 1.

+Total: 61/100 (you must add up your 5 scores since this is a statistical rating)
Chocola
Hikarin's Kitty
Hikarin's Kitty

Post by Chocola » Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:35 am

This is my favorite anime of all time so please don't troll it!!!
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
A tall, towering wall looms in front of me. Beyond that is something that I could never to see on my own.
RegalStar
[Countryside Loli]
[Countryside Loli]
Badges:
ImageImage
Melon Pan: 0
Wish: Miracles

Post by RegalStar » Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:46 am

I've heard crap things about it on Chinese forums, and I'm not a fan of Kugyu-tsunderes (except Taiga, but that's due to herself rather than Kugimiya), so haven't watched it yet.

If someone else other than Aria makes it past prelims, I'll catch up on it for sure. Otherwise... meh, I'll see.
kanohistorm
Electromaster
Electromaster
Worships: Erika Sendou
Melon Pan: 181
Wish: a kookie?

Post by kanohistorm » Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:23 am

+Story: 20/30 - story was good in terms of why everyone is doing what they are, but it's compressed too much and overwhelming in terms of speed of development
+Characters: 18/25 - not a fan of how they were portrayed. Too much trying to get in male lead's pants etc
+Animation: 13/15 - it's standard. Nothing bad, but not great
+Music: 6/10 - can't recall
+Enjoyment: 16/20 - Enjoyed it, but there were a few things that were meh

+Total: 73/100 (you must add up your 5 scores since this is a statistical rating)
spoiler alert :3
JLoable91
Shinigami
Shinigami
Worships: Izayoi Sakuya
Wish: Gotta nom 'em all!~

Post by JLoable91 » Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:02 am

+Story: 15/30 - What's up with this one? I didn't like the story... too ecchi combined with stupid reasons to put famous history-persons into the story... Come one Jeanne d'Arc, Holmes... really!?
+Characters: 18/25 - Some characters are just lame designed, some characters not. But I didn't like the majority of the characters...
+Animation: 14/15 - Well the animation was good... very good...
+Music: 6/10 - The OP was decent, rest was not memorable
+Enjoyment: 13/20 - I liked watching it... but many things disturbed me.

+Total: 66/100
maglor
~Fukou da~
~Fukou da~
Badges:
ImageImage

Post by maglor » Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:24 am

Anime: Hidan no Aria

+Story: 4/30 - Story driven by coincidence, filled with cliches that feels very uncomfortable. Illogical reactions coupled with solutions that drops out of air. If someone barges into your dorm and refuse to leave, you don't give up the room, you call the dorm head to deal with the uninvited intruder. Nothing really made sense. The identity of the bomber came without any noticeable clue, which made me wonder whether the author lazily picked the person readers wouldn't be suspecting, because any other person could have been the bomber and none of the plot would have differed.

+Characters: 4/25 - Not only is it filled with cliche characters, they are inconsistent and don't make much sense. When someone achieves great mastery and skill, even the most talented has to go through strict self-discipline and training which will leave mark on every aspect of that person, but in the series you have childish character that just seemed to have been granted special power like magic. Not much character growth, and all the characters made me feel uncomfortable. So many aspects of the characters irritated me.

+Animation: 5/15 - It was there. Nothing praiseworthy
+Music: 4/10 - Can't find anything good to say about
+Enjoyment: 4/20 - It was painful watching it . Couldn't give it up fast enough.

+Total: 21/100 (you must add up your 5 scores since this is a statistical rating)
+Episodes Watched: 4/12
Umi
Void mage
Void mage
Worships: Ichinose Kotomi

Post by Umi » Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:00 pm

Story: 17/30
I thought the story had potential. Sadly it was poorly executed.
Plus the identity of the antagonist is rather obvious. So there wasn't any element of surprise.

Characters: 15/25
I'm cool with Aria. Was interested in Reki but unfortunately she didn't appear much.
Riko and Shirayuki are annoying. Gotta agree that all of the characters are rather generic.

Animation: 7/15
Horrible really. They cut from one scene to the next so rapidly it was confusing.

Music: 5/10
It was just there. At least they put some effort in the OP.

Enjoyment: 9/20
On the whole it was disappointing. The first few episodes were good, after that it was terrible.

Total: 53/100
Episodes Watched: 12/12
Cross
Assassin
Assassin
Worships: Madoka
Wish: me to be in an anime.
All-time Favorite:
Tachibana Kanade

Post by Cross » Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:33 pm

I haven't.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Support ISML + My All-time FavoriteShow
ImageImage
Game8910
Thaumaturge
Thaumaturge
Worships: Nakagawa Kanon
Wish: Athena gets really popular in the future, also TWGOK S3

Post by Game8910 » Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:51 pm

+Story: 15/30 - It has a good premise and was interesting at first but then it slowly started getting more and more retarded towards the end. LOL IM DRACULA BUT I LOOK LIKE A WOLF.
+Characters: 19/25 - I liked the characters, Aria was not that aggressive of a tsundere and her dere side was cute as hell. Not a bad choice to be done by Rie. The other girls were also fun to watch and Kinji was only cool in hysteria mode.
+Animation: 11/15 - JC Staff doesnt really animate that well anyways
+Music: 7/10 - t'was ok
+Enjoyment: 14/20 - t'was ok

+Total: 66/100 (you must add up your 5 scores since this is a statistical rating)
+Episodes Watched: 0/12 (no special)
Yakuman
Berserker
Berserker
Worships: Kurumi-sama *.*
2017 Female Favorite: Rem
2017 Male Favorite: Okazaki Tomoya
Wish: more

Post by Yakuman » Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:49 pm

+Story: 9/30
The story was all over the place, some characters were bouncing between being an antagoist and protagonist like a tennisball in a match between Federer and Nadal. The overarching plot wasn't highlighted well enough, it was lost between the details. Uhm... and what maglor said. At least they made fun of some overused cliches and the fanservice was more or less tasty.

+Characters: 11/25
Let's see... Riko was fun to watch and I came to like Shirayuki too, even though I've found her annoying in the beginning. The rest was... no comment, especially Aria.

+Animation: 9/15
I liked the character design, and the animation was alright. The fight scenes could have been better though.

+Music: 4/10
The opening was decent, but I don't remember the rest.

+Enjoyment: 16/20
Even though the series was mostly crap, I honestly enjoyed the high-paced action and some of the character interactions. It's entertaining if you don't think at all. Even though I watched these twelve episodes in three go, I still managed to finish it, so I guess I can say I liked it.

+Total: 49/100
+Episodes Watched: 13/12 (watched the OVA as well)
Hurry up and make a contract with me! ◕‿‿◕ ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
defeated but not forgotten favoritesShow
ImageImageImage
Materials used in the sig are courtesy of Marinara, ppizzapie, Hikari-chan and Annabloem
Chocola
Hikarin's Kitty
Hikarin's Kitty

Post by Chocola » Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:22 pm

maglor just got banned guys
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
HeartClover
Space cowboy
Space cowboy
Worships: Audrey Hepburn
Wish: adventure

Post by HeartClover » Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:02 am

With the ratings on this thread, it's very unlikely that I'll watch it.
KholdStare88 wrote:maglor just got banned guys
LOL....really? O.o
Thanks to my lovely Emjayfor the sig~
maglor
~Fukou da~
~Fukou da~
Badges:
ImageImage

Post by maglor » Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:19 am

HeartClover wrote:With the ratings on this thread, it's very unlikely that I'll watch it.
KholdStare88 wrote:maglor just got banned guys
LOL....really? O.o
Testing.

I guess this means no more ratings from me.
Momento10
Electromaster
Electromaster
Badges:
ImageImageImageImage
Worships: Setsumi Sakura
Melon Pan: 88
2018 Female Favorite: Nishimiya Shōko
2018 Male Favorite: Sagara Sōsuke
2017 Female Favorite: Megumin
2017 Male Favorite: Zen Wistalia
Wish: ISML - A new face for the champion.
KBM - to revive
AST - to encourage international participation
IRL - My definition of peace and tranquility.

Post by Momento10 » Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:31 am

Story: 19/30 - The premise of the story was interesting at first, but as the show progress, it followed the lines of generic action of searching for the enemy, finding it, and defeating it with not much suspense.
Characters: 19/25 - I am quite fond of most of the characters. Kinji's hysteria mode was hysterical.
Animation: 9/15 - It was there, but the fights scenes could have been done a bit better.
Music: 7/10 - Both OP and ED were nice to listen to.
Enjoyment: 16/20 - It was an interesting ride, but I was slightly disappointed in it, since it had potential to become a rather successful story.

Total: 70/100
Episodes Watched: 13/13?
akumaxx
Puella magi
Puella magi
Wish: An ISML without harmonics

Post by akumaxx » Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:29 am

+Episodes Watched: 12/12 with OVA, and 10 volumes of novel support.

+Story: 23/30
It's following the novel, yet too short.
+Characters: 20/25
Again, short anime limits featureable charas. Yet it's good to see them 'alive and active'.
+Animation: 9/15
Somehow worse than expected. Even the following stories may go in vein.
+Music: 6/10
Natural, not good or bad.
+Enjoyment: 12/20
Story may be of new type, but MORE SEASONS, PLEASE!

+Total: 70/100

Meh, I won't lower rating of Nanoha even if I don't like them in any saimoe. But...
== Low Activity ==
Current Soul: 269
Newest cards of Saimoe set: (Resized for signature use)
Previous cardsShow
Jeffrey-sama
Soul gem
Soul gem
Wish: K-ON! Season 3

Post by Jeffrey-sama » Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:14 pm

KholdStare88 wrote:This is my favorite anime of all time so please don't troll it!!!
loltroll
+Story: 21/30 - the story is too generic and felt a bit too like shakugan no shana, except with guns instead of a sword
+Characters: 18/25 - their designs were appealing but other than that, the characters weren't developed well.
+Animation: 12/15 - can't really comment on the average animation. i guess the hysteria mode POVs were nice.
+Music: 7/10 - i honestly only liked the OP. the rest of the music pieces were mediocre.
+Enjoyment: 18/20 - i think this series was my first "action-oriented" anime, so obviously i was be more impressed than i would be if i had watched it now.

+Total: 76/100 (you must add up your 5 scores since this is a statistical rating)
Eater-of-All
Dragon slayer
Dragon slayer
Badges:
Melon Pan: 65

Post by Eater-of-All » Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:50 am

+Story: 14/30
wtf kind of convenient power-up is that? The setting kind of has potential but the plot turned out ridiculous.

+Characters: 15/25
A little bit of points for relationship development between Aria and that protagonist dude whose name I don't even remember anymore.

+Animation: 8/15
IIRC, sometimes the animation was decent. Otherwise, not very spectacular.

+Music: 5/10
No memories whatsoever of its music, but at least I don't remember anything bad about it.

+Enjoyment: 5/20
Finished it due to obligation.

+Total: 47/100
+Episodes Watched: 12/12

Rating: Bad
SpoilerShow