2013 Nomination plans

Nominations and other events occurring before the Main Tournament
shiraoky
Electromaster
Electromaster
Worships: the rwby ladies <3
Melon Pan: 50
Wish: more time to laze around and have fun!

Re: 2013 Nomination plans

Post by shiraoky » Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:42 am

So do we nominate the people in "Stella Eligible" ?
Thanks to M-J for the beautiful sigs<3~!
Bastion
Titan
Titan
Badges:
Wish: People who actually want to do their jobs.

Post by Bastion » Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:43 am

Just did a scan of the lists @ First post, thanks for those, Hinagiku & Nagi being auto-qualified. Yay.
Maria is in Stella, meh. Isn't Isumi from the same series in the same boat as her though? I might have missed her, but I don't think I saw her name in there.
Still voting for Ayumu, despite her apparently being thrown into the background in the latest season (she had a key part in the set-up of the 3rd episode plot, which was entirely discarded :()
You can nominate 8 from Nova and 6 from Stella
Are the nominations locked as to how we vote?
maglor
~Fukou da~
~Fukou da~
Badges:
ImageImage
Worships: Abriel Nei Debrusc Borl Paryun Lafiel
Melon Pan: 75
2020 Female Favorite: Holo
2020 Male Favorite: Natsume Takashi
2019 Female Favorite: Akemi Homura
2019 Male Favorite: Arima Kōsei
2018 Female Favorite: Chtholly Nota Seniorious
2018 Male Favorite: Yang Wenli
Wish: More people being open to alternatives and compromises.

Post by maglor » Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:56 am

shiraoky wrote:So do we nominate the people in "Stella Eligible" ?
for Stella, yes
Bastion wrote:Just did a scan of the lists @ First post, thanks for those, Hinagiku & Nagi being auto-qualified. Yay.
Maria is in Stella, meh. Isn't Isumi from the same series in the same boat as her though? I might have missed her, but I don't think I saw her name in there.
Still voting for Ayumu, despite her apparently being thrown into the background in the latest season (she had a key part in the set-up of the 3rd episode plot, which was entirely discarded :()

Are the nominations locked as to how we vote?
Isumi made it to regular season only once, thus she is ineligible to be in Stella.

You can nominate 8 from Nova and 6 from Stella
Yes. There will be 8 slots which can only be used for Nova nomination and separate 6 slots for Stella nominations.
kanohistorm
Electromaster
Electromaster
Worships: Erika Sendou
Melon Pan: 181
Wish: a kookie?

Post by kanohistorm » Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:07 am

Nova yet to be decided aside from a few locks...

but since the Stella field is so limited...current plans:
1. Kamio Misuzu (Air TV)
2. Kawasumi Mai (Kanon)
3. Kinomoto Sakura (Cardcaptors)
4. Euucliwood Hellscythe (KoreZom)
5. Victorique de Blois (GoSick)
6. Aruru

PS: I think there is a just a tad too many Stella nomination spots available in relation to it's limited field. Only 3 of those girls would I had considered for nominations had we used the old format. (since the rest of the Stellars already all already AQ'd)
spoiler alert :3
xcrossfacekillahx
Incubator
Incubator
Worships: Rosario Cross
Wish: A very good tournament and more cookies. Moehood to reign

Post by xcrossfacekillahx » Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:16 am

maglor wrote:
You can nominate 8 from Nova and 6 from Stella.

Yes. There will be 8 slots which can only be used for Nova nomination and separate 6 slots for Stella nominations.
OK. For those who nominated all Nova characters think about your nominations first.

Not yet finalized

Nova
1. Araragi Karen - Bakemonogatari
2. Lisbeth - Sword Art Online
3. Noumi Kudryavka - Little Busters (anime)

Stella
1. Sakurazaki Setsuna - Mahou Sensei Negima!
2. Kawasumi Mai - Kanon
3. Eucliwood Hellscythe - Kore wa Zombie desu ka?
4. Kinomoto Sakura - Cardcaptors
5. Iwasawa Masami - Angel Beats!
6. Nakamura Yuri - Angel Beats!

Yeah you guys nominate Kanade.
Bastion
Titan
Titan
Badges:

Post by Bastion » Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:18 am

maglor wrote:
Bastion wrote:Just did a scan of the lists @ First post, thanks for those.
Isumi made it to regular season only once, thus she is ineligible to be in Stella.
Ayumu made it into regular season only once, and she's in the 'eligible to be in Stella' list, same years for both if I'm remembering correctly.
xcrossfacekillahx
Incubator
Incubator

Post by xcrossfacekillahx » Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:22 am

Bastion wrote:
maglor wrote:
Bastion wrote:Just did a scan of the lists @ First post, thanks for those.
Ayumu made it into regular season only once, and she's in the 'eligible to be in Stella' list, same years for both if I'm remembering correctly.
Yes only one but all those who made it in 2008 and 2009 are eligible in Stella even if they only appeared once.
Ash Falls Town
Space pirate
Space pirate
Worships: Sumomo Akihime
Wish: Secret

Post by Ash Falls Town » Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:09 am

So six stella girls huh?
It took a while to go through the list. I'm really glad I recently watched Cardcaptor Sakura.
It was hard weighing princess Sakura against Shiori and Suiseiseki. It would have been harder having to do more weighing.
But here it is.
1. Misuzu Kamio
2. Ayu Tsukimiya
3. Sakura Kinomoto
4. Sayuri Kurata
5. Kanade Tachibana
6. Sakura
(You know I feel a bit weird nominating two girls from the same series... meh.)

As for Nova of course I'm going to be voting Sumomo, Yako and Elis but the other 5...
Maybe Sakura from Tsuritama and Moe from Poyopoyo? I did suggest them in the exhibition threads... I also suggested Kikijima though so maybe I should vote for her too.
Sedon
Space cowboy
Space cowboy
Worships: C.C.
Wish: Something amazing to happen...

Post by Sedon » Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:47 am

Keeping 8 votes to Nova might be hard ^^;

Nova:
1. Akemi Homura
2. Kudryavka Nomi
3. Okita Sawa
4. "Watashi" or "Sweets"
5. Shiina Mayuri
6. Sakura Kyōko
7. Roromiya Karuta
8. Seraphim
9. Kurugaya Yuiko

Stella:
1. Chii
2. Eucliwood Hellscythe
3. Gokō Ruri (Kuroneko)
4. Victorique de Blois
5. Hachikuji Mayoi

ImageImageImageImage
Credits to:
Energetic Hikari-chan for the slivers
MultiLing Keyboard Madness ⊇≪☜∵↖ⓢⓔⓓⓞⓝ↗∴☞≫⊆
Mayushii~ + Kuristina-HomuHomuShow
ImageImage
Thanks to Midnight-Jasper for Mayushii~ sig and awesome Momokutenshi for the Kuristina-HomuHomu sig~ <3
Lost but not forgotten~ Tu tu ruu~!
RegalStar
[Countryside Loli]
[Countryside Loli]
Badges:
ImageImage
Melon Pan: 0
Wish: Miracles

Post by RegalStar » Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:36 am

(Watches as the 2011 strong characters suck up all nominations)

Nova:
Miniwa Tsumiki (Acchi Kocchi) (In terms of pure moe-ness I don't think she can be surpassed by anyone)
Shiina Mayuri (Steins;Gate) (Although I don't think she makes the best couple with the main character, she's still my most favourite in the series)
Shiomiya Shiori (The World God Only Knows) (See above)
Amano Touko (Bungaku Shoujo) (I don't care if nobody watches her series. She's a great character from the best light novel series I have read.)
Hanato Kobato (Kobato.) (Again, I don't care if she's actually an old character and nobody knows about her.)
Watashi (Jinrui wa Suitaishimashita) (Wittiest gal in 2012)
Mizutani Shizuku (Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun) (Her motions are oddly endearing)
Aoyama Nanami (Sakura-sou no pet na kanojo) (She's an inspiring character in an inspiring series)

Stella
Gokou Ruri (OreImo) (My most favourite character period)
Tachibana Kanade (Angel Beats) (Like Hina, she's one of the first few great characters I've known, and although I've seen better characters since then she still has a place in my heart)
Yuno (Hidamari Sketch) (She gets a new anime this season, and I really like her too)
Minami Chiaki (Minami-ke) (See above, except chance "this season" to "next January")
Kawazoe Tamaki (Bamboo Blade) (She manages to combine several moe traits into a mishmash of awesomeness. Too bad probably no one will know her by now.)
Kawashima Ami (Toradora) (She's a very complex character, and for that I love her)
Last edited by RegalStar on Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
10ZHAbin
Spirit hunter
Spirit hunter
Badges:
ImageImage
Worships: Leina

Post by 10ZHAbin » Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:02 am

Are we allow to nominate characters from anime that were aired years ago but are not in the "Stella Eligible" list? Because after seeing Yagami Taichi's name in the male tournament wildcard list it reminded me of all the fun time I had in my childhood watching Digimon which gave me the urge to nominate his little sister (Yagami Hikari) even though I knew the chance of her getting in is below 1%.

And is there a limit on how many characters we allow to nominate from each anime?
kukimunstir
~Moon Rider~
~Moon Rider~
Badges:
ImageImageImage
Melon Pan: 211
2018 Female Favorite: Diamond
2018 Male Favorite: Ciel Phantomhive
Wish: to not get what i don't deserve & wildin'

Post by kukimunstir » Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:55 am

thank god Shinobu in nova div.
only can nominate 8 from nova.not enough for my chuunibyou and lb char
Last edited by kukimunstir on Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:52 am, edited 4 times in total.
After all, to me the most important thing is that you're truthful - claire.
pkchan1013
Befriender
Befriender
Worships: Hanazawa Kana

Post by pkchan1013 » Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:58 am

for Stella Auto-Qualified,
I personally think the strength should much more dominant (and useful) than participating years.
It is no point in seeing Fate Testarossa scoring zero win in next regular season.

Necklace holders and postseason participants should be auto qualified.
ImageImage
yukiTomoyo
Zealot
Zealot
Worships: Natsumi Rikako
Wish: the animation of Rewrite.

Post by yukiTomoyo » Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:03 am

Nova:
1.Shiina Mayuri (Steins;gate)
2.Inui Sana (Mashiro-iro Symphony)
3.Mine Riko (Hidan no Aria)
4.Akemi Homura (PMMM)
5.Akazawa Izumi (Another)
6.Sakura Kyouko (PMMM)
7.Kurugaya Yuiko (Little Busters!)
8.Sasasegawa Sasami (Little Busters!)

(I believe that Asuna and Yui in SAO, Rin and Kud in Little Busters! don't really need my normination.)

Will absolutely nominate (and replace the characters above) if they appear in anime:
1.Futaki Kanata (Little Busters!)
2.Tokido Saya (Little Busters!)
3.Nishizono Mio (Little Busters!)

Stella:
1.Suigintō (Rozen Maiden)
2.Kawasumi Mai (Kanon)
3.Kamio Misuzu (AIR)
4.Eucliwood Hellscythe (Kore wa Zombie desu ka?)
5.Hachikuji Mayoi (Bakemonogatari)
6.Kazane Hiyori (Sora no Otoshimono)
maglor
~Fukou da~
~Fukou da~
Badges:
ImageImage

Post by maglor » Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:37 am

10ZHAbin wrote:Are we allow to nominate characters from anime that were aired years ago but are not in the "Stella Eligible" list? Because after seeing Yagami Taichi's name in the male tournament wildcard list it reminded me of all the fun time I had in my childhood watching Digimon which gave me the urge to nominate his little sister (Yagami Hikari) even though I knew the chance of her getting in is below 1%.

And is there a limit on how many characters we allow to nominate from each anime?
Yes, you can nominate characters from Digimon series for Nova division.

As for same series limit, the number isn't finalized yet, but it is likely that we will request you to nominate from at least 2 different series for Nova and also at least 2 different series for Stella.
xcrossfacekillahx
Incubator
Incubator

Post by xcrossfacekillahx » Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:46 pm

pkchan1013 wrote:for Stella Auto-Qualified,
I personally think the strength should much more dominant (and useful) than participating years.
It is no point in seeing Fate Testarossa scoring zero win in next regular season.
It's giving the more experienced characters some kind of "benefit" for next year. They still have to go through Preliminary rounds though so that's the least you can do for seasoned veterans and regulars. Experience matters and Fate Testarossa is just one of those girls who has had success in her ISML career so far. 4 years and 158 wins, only a handful could match or even top that. We all know since she won the very first tiara so that even justifies her reason to be auto qualified. If you can get by at least 3 years in the regular season, I think that's an achievement not everyone can do. I'm happy not having to nominate regulars like Tomoyo, Holo, Fate, Nanoha, Rika and Tsukasa whose strength has dropped over the years.

All we have to by January 1st is to nominate either someone who finished their 2 years in Nova or someone from the 2008 - 2009 batch who appeared once or twice n the regular season so almost no one gets left behind.
Ninja
Ninja

Post by 1298674652 » Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:29 pm

Nakamura Yuri/Tachibana Kanade/Yui/Iwasawa Masami/Shiina(Angel Beats!) They still recommend
There are water guns sin ( When the battle for half price ) do not know if there is no recommendation is Baidu English translation, I do not know right
rainbowizard
Assassin
Assassin
Worships: Okazaki Nagisa
Wish: All I wanted was one moment of happiness! Why! Why can't I be happy!?

Post by rainbowizard » Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:39 pm

I think auto-qualifying runners-up (Chitanda Eru and Araragi Tsukihi) is not a good idea.
Araragi Karen met Ririchiyo on the semifinal day, so she couldn't go for the final match.
If she met Misaki Mei instead of Ririchiyo, maybe she could win, and could meet Ririchiyo (or her sister) at the final match.

Then... Can we say auto-qualifying Tsukihi, not Karen, is a wise choice?
My answer is "no".
maglor
~Fukou da~
~Fukou da~
Badges:
ImageImage

Post by maglor » Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:16 pm

rainbowizard wrote:I think auto-qualifying runners-up (Chitanda Eru and Araragi Tsukihi) is not a good idea.
Araragi Karen met Ririchiyo on the semifinal day, so she couldn't go for the final match.
If she met Misaki Mei instead of Ririchiyo, maybe she could win, and could meet Ririchiyo (or her sister) at the final match.

Then... Can we say auto-qualifying Tsukihi, not Karen, is a wise choice?
My answer is "no".
I'm afraid your line of reasoning would lead to endless cases of what-ifs. The popularity and the "merit" of runner-up is always debatable, but then, due to seasonal format, are we sure the winner Ririchiyo is more deserving than runner up from Spring side, Chitanda Eru ? At some line, we must draw a compromise, and we based our decision more on the numbers instead of looking at who were the runner ups. To elaborate more, based on past nomination and prelim results, we felt that we do need to admit some from seasonal tournament, since it was very likely that all 4 * 2 = 8 of the SEMI-finalists in the seasonal tournaments were the ones likely to grab very high percentage of nominations and do well in the prelim. Since there will be 4 seasonal tournaments, admitting all 16 seemed too much, as some of those 16 will do poorly purely by random chance. Admitting only the 4 winners would raise the question of one of the season being stronger than the other, and also that taking only the 4 would not sufficiently address the problem of strong characters "eating up" valuable nomination slots that can be used to better discern the popularity of characters on the "bubble" of nomination and prelim phase. 8 was deemed the best compromise between diverse reasons, thus the acceptance of runner-up of the seasonal tournament. We will continue to gather input about this issue and make necessary adjustment if needed.
Bastion
Titan
Titan
Badges:

Post by Bastion » Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:46 pm

Although I agree with wizard about the issue of accepting the runners-up, I do understand the decision that Maglor (and I'm guessing the rest of the mods) finally decided on.
Maybe a second 'seasonal' tournament could be held to determine eligibility, or maybe something about the number of VF needs to be used in determining the auto-qualifiers. I hope this is still a work-in-progress, and will continue to be refined as time goes on.

It sounds like this is going to be an issue that everyone is still thinking on, which is always a good thing.