ImageImage
Umi
Void mage
Void mage
Worships: Ichinose Kotomi
Melon Pan: 50

Re: RESULTS: 2013 Prelims II-1

Post by Umi » Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:44 am

Hmm results are okay, nothing out of the ordinary.
Team Rocket Elite
Moon princess
Moon princess
Badges:
Worships: Bernkastel
Wish: dried plums to go with the tea.

Post by Team Rocket Elite » Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:45 am

We're in Phase 2 now and that means 3-way matches. As many probably expected, the shrinking groups are hurting the Madoka character more and more. All of them ended up doing worse than I expected even after I manually lowered all of their ratings in my stats between phases. Homura is roughly borderline now but as this rate she'll probably miss the cut.

Menma also seemed to do worse now. Considering she did this last year as well I think she really does benefit from larger groups. Her position is a bit better that Homura but she might miss the cut as well.

On the other hand, Mine Riko and Gasai Yuno back towards where they used to be last year. Yuno is unlikely to get in again but Riko might climb her way back over the border.

Kirishima Shouko had a strong finish in Phase I but it seems to have been a one time deals. She largely goes back to how she was before that round and is back on the borderline of advancement.

Ayukawa Tenri performed really well and nearly beat Ritsu. I've been having a lot of problems pinning down where Tenri really is since she keeps making large jumps in my stats. I guess I'll see how she does next round.
A miracle that you believe in when you know it won't happen......... is hope.
Elvinsky
Spirit hunter
Spirit hunter

Post by Elvinsky » Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:52 am

YES! YES! YES!:
- Kud (Wafu~! X) ) and Nyaruko winning their matches.
- Mikan, Momo, and Sanae winning their matches.

NO! NO! NO!:
- Mami, Haruka, and Miho getting last in their matches.
- Madoka and Yui (Kotegawa) placing second in their matches.

(Slightly) Bittersweet result:
- Homura winning over Shiori.

Next matches:
- Nyaruko up against Shinobu? (Moefied eldritch abomination vs. vampire... :lol: )
- Sanae vs. Homura?! Shiori vs. Tsubasa vs. Erica?! JEEZUS! @_@
- Miho vs. Momo?! Oh dear... -_-

EDIT: Actually, it seems I read it wrong...(I dunno... @_@ )
- Mami and Kud in one arena...this is worse... -_-
- Mikan up against Haqua and Minami, Yui (Kotegawa) up against Rin...oh dear...
Last edited by Elvinsky on Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Rip and Tear. Rip and tear until it's done."
"To the good people I met on this site (Kordosa, Minhtam, Crisu, Maglor, Desufire, Momo, Marinara, Midnight-Jasper, Hikarin, Momento10, Shiraoky, Alex, Bastion, Superunature, Demi., Sedon, xcrossfacekillahx, Silver21, CureRainbow) thank you for the nice memories."
Hachiko
Heavenly Tiara
Heavenly Tiara
Worships: Kaname Madoka
2020 Female Favorite: Aisaka Taiga
2020 Male Favorite: Agatsuma Zen'itsu
2019 Female Favorite: Kaname Madoka
2019 Male Favorite: Azusagawa Sakuta
2018 Female Favorite: Chtholly Nota Seniorious
2018 Male Favorite: Hikigaya Hachiman
Wish: An awesome 2020 ISML.

Post by Hachiko » Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:52 am

Alexander wrote:Shit results all over.
Ass-pained Alex strikes again. Well, these types of tournaments can leave voters ass-pained until next year starts.

By the way...
SpoilerShow
I am too because I am getting a gut feeling the Madoka crew will not get any representation this regular season. :sad:
hinakatbklyn
Incubator
Incubator
Melon Pan: 55

Post by hinakatbklyn » Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:02 am

Close matches:
- Neko > Inaba = OK
- Homura > Shiori = Could go either way. Homura might have trouble even in Phase III.

Excellent wins:
(2) Aoyama, Momo, Karuta / (3) Ririchiyo / (4) Nyaruko / (5) Natsume Rin / (7) Mikan (Awesome win!) / (8) Karen, Neko
DurianDude
Spirit hunter
Spirit hunter
Worships: Kotomi of course
Wish: Everyone in the world to realize the greatness of durians

Post by DurianDude » Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:06 am

Tsukihi!!! Nice to see her winning again. Karen did well too. Too bad Tsukihi had to beat Kyoko and poor Akarin is disappearing from this race fast. Tsukihi will qualify this round. It is a must.
Fire Sisters!Show
RegalStar
[Countryside Loli]
[Countryside Loli]
Badges:
ImageImage
Melon Pan: 0
Wish: Miracles

Post by RegalStar » Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:18 am

I'm surprised that no one made any comment on Kurugaya getting less than 300 away from Dekomori.
kanohistorm
Electromaster
Electromaster
Worships: Erika Sendou
Melon Pan: 181
Wish: a kookie?

Post by kanohistorm » Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:24 am

arena 1: not sure how I feel about dekochan over epitome of sexy
arena 2: expected
arena 3: such a small VD against a character that went 0fer last year, should say something about the other 2 participants

arena 4: tsumiki :< ISML voters are dumbasses. all 4946 of you
arena 5: expected.
arena 6: closer than i expected

arena 7: closer than i expected
arena 8: good.
arena 9: lol, Hanbei > Kyouko

arena 10: expected
arena 11: Yumeha is more moe than toka
arena 12: who nominated Ran in? xD

arena 13: this performance sums it up for Sawa and Tari2
arena 14: Iri deserves better, that is all
arena 15: yeahh...fuck kugi =.=

arena 16: CHEER FOR THE FORCED MOE BLOB
arena 17: Menma is cool, I guess. Good series, but i dont like her
arena 18: no comment

arena 19: my hate for Subaru from ISML 2012 hasn't ended yet, so shit result (but komari winning would be even worse)
arena 20: good win for kurisu, bad performance from Haqua
arena 21: nice win for Mikan, but will most likely have to wait for phase III for entry, if at all

arena 22: people don't understand the epicness of Jinrui
arena 23: the i dont care arena
arena 24: Neko neko nyaa nyaa~
spoiler alert :3
kukimunstir
~Moon Rider~
~Moon Rider~
Badges:
ImageImageImage
Melon Pan: 211
2018 Female Favorite: Diamond
2018 Male Favorite: Ciel Phantomhive
Wish: to not get what i don't deserve & wildin'

Post by kukimunstir » Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:28 am

Yuuko-san,Rea,Watashi,Iri T_T
Neko c:
After all, to me the most important thing is that you're truthful - claire.
Keima
Sylph
Sylph
Worships: Black Rock Shooter (BRS)
Wish: Still want even more professional quality Vocaloid events in the U.S.

Post by Keima » Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:36 am

I can't help but wonder if a big factor in Kud's success this round was due to the most recent episode of "Little Busters" that came out just before the start of this round that focused on her. I mean she won by a landslide in her match.
Desufire
Shinigami
Shinigami
Badges:
Worships: Orihime Inoue
Melon Pan: 60
Wish: For sugar to not be unhealthy, and campaigning to be easier

Post by Desufire » Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:21 am

I'm gonna be so butt hurt if Kurisu and Homura don't make it in
JLoable91
Shinigami
Shinigami
Worships: Izayoi Sakuya
Wish: Gotta nom 'em all!~

Post by JLoable91 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:56 am

How Inaba didn't win is a mystery...
But overall the results were not that bad~
maglor
~Fukou da~
~Fukou da~
Badges:
ImageImage
Worships: Abriel Nei Debrusc Borl Paryun Lafiel
Melon Pan: 75
2020 Female Favorite: Holo
2020 Male Favorite: Natsume Takashi
2019 Female Favorite: Akemi Homura
2019 Male Favorite: Arima Kōsei
2018 Male Favorite: Yang Wenli
Wish: More people being open to alternatives and compromises.

Post by maglor » Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:22 am

Team Rocket Elite wrote:We're in Phase 2 now and that means 3-way matches. As many probably expected, the shrinking groups are hurting the Madoka character more and more. All of them ended up doing worse than I expected even after I manually lowered all of their ratings in my stats between phases. Homura is roughly borderline now but as this rate she'll probably miss the cut.

Menma also seemed to do worse now. Considering she did this last year as well I think she really does benefit from larger groups. Her position is a bit better that Homura but she might miss the cut as well.

On the other hand, Mine Riko and Gasai Yuno back towards where they used to be last year. Yuno is unlikely to get in again but Riko might climb her way back over the border.

Kirishima Shouko had a strong finish in Phase I but it seems to have been a one time deals. She largely goes back to how she was before that round and is back on the borderline of advancement.

Ayukawa Tenri performed really well and nearly beat Ritsu. I've been having a lot of problems pinning down where Tenri really is since she keeps making large jumps in my stats. I guess I'll see how she does next round.
The reason for Kirishima Shouko doing well on last day of Phase I was because Anti-Madoka voters decided to back her to shoot down Homura. If you check Homura's opponents' performance starting from last year, you will see that they are likely to receive large amount of boost when they face Homura. I suspect the number of Madoka Magica Haters who always try to vote against Madoka series characters to be near 2000, and they had been at it since last year and are still active. Compared to the rest of the world, these voters, en mass, often choose to back Hidan no Aria characters in certain matches. This is why you are seeing Mine Riko getting stronger in pick 1 option, as pick 1 option is exposing radical tendency of this group that was fuzzied out during pick 2 phase. Also note that another character you mentioned to have suddenly gotten stronger today is Gasai Yuno who was one of the Homura's opponent.
10ZHAbin
Spirit hunter
Spirit hunter
Badges:
ImageImage
Worships: Leina

Post by 10ZHAbin » Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:52 am

Nova 1: It looks Silica has what it takes to join Kirito's daughter, Kirito's sister and Kirito's girlfriend even if the main stream anime haters do not want her to.
Nova 2: Another member for Sakurasou this year is definite.
Nova 3: Chiyo-san seems to be stronger without the 2 vote rules, she might actually do well enough for getting into Postseason phase 1 this year, but I can't see her going any further than that. But if she is unable to go through Inori, then her strength will probably just around having around at the edge of the cut off line, after all, only one contestant from last year who advanced in phase 3 narrowly made into postseason phase 1. Kyouko doesn't look good for someone with a miracle of surviving until the last round after being 10 votes away from elimination in the first round.
Nova 4: I was expecting Touka to advance in this phase without much trouble, but it seems that Shinobu and Nyaruko do better with only 1 votes. Shinobu might actually stay around the same rank she had last year.
Nova 5: While Aria has a pretty good win, with Little Busters! still on air, she might just have to let Rin through first and wait for phase 3. Shouko's result combined with homuhomu's result from Nova 1, Erio's future in regular season doesn't look so good for someone advanced in phase 1, she might ended up be place around where Homura-chan was placed last year. Oh, and another big lose of a Japan moe winnner.
Nova 6: Noumi will advanced with Rin. Even though Menma and Ritsu managed to win their match, I still see them sitting at the borderline of advancing in Phase 3. Mami is not going anywhere near regular season, like Madoka and Kyouko.
Nova 7: Miss Butler's result has been very good considering that she did not do extremely well last year as a Nova and the lose of Suzutsuki in Nomination has shown the sign of decrease in Mayo Chiki! She might still get a chance at phase 3 just like last year. This group's strength is not very strong compare to some other group, in the end, it will most likely to come down between Mikan and Kurisu.
Nova 8: Karen looks stronger than Tsukihi even though Tsukihi came further in the exhibition last year. Although it's a bit disappoint to think that Misaki Mei won't be going near postseason this year.
Zefyris
Gnome
Gnome
Worships: Midarezaki Kyouka
Wish: ISML 2015 Nova Division to have at least one character I favor.

Post by Zefyris » Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:36 am

looks like the studios making anime are still a bit wrong about how to make a popular secondary character. Most of them already understand that making a good character background or good character development is unnecessary; but some are still clinging to other stuff like Moe-ness for female character and all. Looking at the results it's more simple than that. Give the female character great body lines (great butt, huge boobs<-very important...). Then make her run butt naked half of the show. And the other half, almost butt naked. Make sure to make it so that all the boys in the audience are wondering if she isn't going commando. That's all is needed.

Considering that "K" isn't a show as widely popular as say, SAO and chuunibyou, having almost 3k voters voting for such character (I'm curious about the % of male voters on this one :/ ...) shows pretty much how it is.

Let's just call ourself lucky that none of the most popular shows of last year had a character like that. If there was one in SAO, she would have gotten in the main season at the end of the first phase with little difficulty. Throw subtlety by the window. Being moe like Inaba by having an interesting character development is useless. Let's pray that none of this year's popular show will have a character like that. *shudder*. Is this some kind of nightmare?

On other news, this does confirm that neither Tsumiki nor Inaba are going to qualify for the main season. To think I was looking forward that this time the 3 characters (kuroyukihime, Inaba, and Tsumiki) I liked the most so far among the 2012 anime season would make it. I was a fool, obviously. I should have known that it will never happen in a popularity contest, *sigh*. The good results of Inaba during the nomination rose my hope up for nothing. Tsumiki was the kind of character full of moe so I though she would manage as well.
... Should I be glad that one of them is popular? I suppose I should, but today I don't feel like it, sorry :(.
Desufire
Shinigami
Shinigami
Badges:
Worships: Orihime Inoue
Melon Pan: 60
Wish: For sugar to not be unhealthy, and campaigning to be easier

Post by Desufire » Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:46 am

Zefyris wrote:If there was one in SAO, she would have gotten in the main season at the end of the first phase with little difficulty.
They pretty much all did do that anyways...

Side Note: http://archive.internationalsaimoe.com/ ... _p9-15.gif" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I smell a bot in China
maglor
~Fukou da~
~Fukou da~
Badges:
ImageImage
Worships: Abriel Nei Debrusc Borl Paryun Lafiel
Melon Pan: 75
2020 Female Favorite: Holo
2020 Male Favorite: Natsume Takashi
2019 Female Favorite: Akemi Homura
2019 Male Favorite: Arima Kōsei
2018 Male Favorite: Yang Wenli
Wish: More people being open to alternatives and compromises.

Post by maglor » Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:00 am

Desufire wrote:
Zefyris wrote:If there was one in SAO, she would have gotten in the main season at the end of the first phase with little difficulty.
They pretty much all did do that anyways...

Side Note: http://archive.internationalsaimoe.com/ ... _p9-15.gif" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I smell a bot in China
Why? I see darker color in Malaysia.
10ZHAbin
Spirit hunter
Spirit hunter
Badges:
ImageImage
Worships: Leina

Post by 10ZHAbin » Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:16 am

maglor wrote:
Team Rocket Elite wrote:We're in Phase 2 now and that means 3-way matches. As many probably expected, the shrinking groups are hurting the Madoka character more and more. All of them ended up doing worse than I expected even after I manually lowered all of their ratings in my stats between phases. Homura is roughly borderline now but as this rate she'll probably miss the cut.

The reason for Kirishima Shouko doing well on last day of Phase I was because Anti-Madoka voters decided to back her to shoot down Homura. If you check Homura's opponents' performance starting from last year, you will see that they are likely to receive large amount of boost when they face Homura. I suspect the number of Madoka Magica Haters who always try to vote against Madoka series characters to be near 2000, and they had been at it since last year and are still active. Compared to the rest of the world, these voters, en mass, often choose to back Hidan no Aria characters in certain matches. This is why you are seeing Mine Riko getting stronger in pick 1 option, as pick 1 option is exposing radical tendency of this group that was fuzzied out during pick 2 phase. Also note that another character you mentioned to have suddenly gotten stronger today is Gasai Yuno who was one of the Homura's opponent.
Now that's mentioned, can there be a possible explanation for that strange result of the regular season match last year where homuhomu went up against Kuroi Mato and didn't lose so badly? I'm probably thinking too much, but I'm still suspecting something to do China.