Worships: Abriel Nei Debrusc Borl Paryun Lafiel
Melon Pan: 75
2020 Female Favorite: Holo
2020 Male Favorite: Natsume Takashi
2019 Female Favorite: Akemi Homura
2019 Male Favorite: Arima Kōsei
2018 Female Favorite: Chtholly Nota Seniorious
2018 Male Favorite: Yang Wenli
Wish: More people being open to alternatives and compromises.

Re: RESULTS: 2013 Prelims II-1

Post by maglor » Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:30 pm

Zeando wrote:

so the only way to see a non-linear growth in the vote difference would be by reaction voting? since it seems unbiased votes normaly result with linear vote differences
Reaction voting is one of LEGIT possibility. If you see the time-vote graph before we do VC, you will see much more bumps.

In smaller events like Saimoe or recent KBM, you can see how a viral post or 2 can suddenly change the voting behaviors over time. In contrast, ISML is just too big, and there are multiple language barriers to hurdle to reach majority of voters. This makes it unlikely that an event or two would propagate fast enough to create bumps in vote graph. Still, such bumps did exist in the past, and no reason why it can't return.
Zeando
Pokémon master
Pokémon master
Melon Pan: 50

Post by Zeando » Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:02 pm

i'm not sure what is VC (guess vote count, but can't be sure), do you mean time-vote graphs with not summed votes (over different hours)?
can imagine there being more vote difference bumps in that case, but the single bumps should be much smaller in relation to the total votes, making them not noticeable once they all get summed in the final graphs

ah i see, so even if there was a realtime votecount during the votation time, the effect of reaction votes shouldn't be able to influence much the results
sliversShow
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ISML 2012 Slivers: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2884" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
missing slivers
SpoilerShow
sanka rea http://myanimelist.net/character/32884/Rea_Sanka" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; DONE
Mio Naganohara http://myanimelist.net/character/40081/Mio_Naganohara" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; DONE
maglor
~Fukou da~
~Fukou da~
Badges:
ImageImage
Worships: Abriel Nei Debrusc Borl Paryun Lafiel
Melon Pan: 75
2020 Female Favorite: Holo
2020 Male Favorite: Natsume Takashi
2019 Female Favorite: Akemi Homura
2019 Male Favorite: Arima Kōsei
2018 Female Favorite: Chtholly Nota Seniorious
2018 Male Favorite: Yang Wenli
Wish: More people being open to alternatives and compromises.

Post by maglor » Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:54 pm

Zeando wrote:i'm not sure what is VC (guess vote count, but can't be sure), do you mean time-vote graphs with not summed votes (over different hours)?
can imagine there being more vote difference bumps in that case, but the single bumps should be much smaller in relation to the total votes, making them not noticeable once they all get summed in the final graphs

ah i see, so even if there was a realtime votecount during the votation time, the effect of reaction votes shouldn't be able to influence much the results
sorry. VC means vote checking. The result we show you are the result after we check the votes to weed out the multivotes. We have several Vote Checking scripts, and most of the bumps in the RAW original results disappears when we remove the multivotes we find.
Momo
State alchemist
State alchemist
Badges:
ImageImage
Worships: Akemi Homura
Melon Pan: 132
Wish: Yotsuba-chan♥

Post by Momo » Wed May 22, 2013 4:31 am

Please PM me any errors/questions/concerns.

Answer to Results Trivia
SpoilerShow
1) How many arenas are there in which the 1st place finisher received more than 50% of the total VF of her arena? 5 arenas
2) How many arenas are there in which the VD between 1st and 3rd place finisher is less than 1000? 6 arenas
Cookies:
Elvinsky 1
Umi 1

Revenge Time~
Kudos to my amazing Secret Santa ♥