Badges:
ImageImage
Worships: Dante, Traveler of the Burning Abyss
Melon Pan: 306
Wish: To do IIDX well

Re: RESULTS: 2014 Prelims I-7

Post by LOveLive! » Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:26 am

Nice results. 8-)

Too bad Nomizu Iori's first ISML RS participant was gone. It's fortunate Iori didn't go extinct though.
HasbeenaHibiki
Moon princess
Moon princess
Badges:
Worships: セニョール・ハズビーナ, ダークライ,クン・アゲロ・アグネス
Melon Pan: 201
2020 Female Favorite: Nakano Miku
2020 Male Favorite: Kakyoin Noriaki
2019 Female Favorite: Platelet
2019 Male Favorite: Bakugō Katsuki
2018 Female Favorite: Kurumizawa Satanichia McDowell
2018 Male Favorite: Bakugō Katsuki
Wish: A precure making it in ISML and a very popular male Saimoe. Also a Mucha Lucha anime. Darkrai in Saimoe

Post by HasbeenaHibiki » Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:26 am

I won't be surprised if DAL minus Origami will make it Postseason.
tachimegun
Flame haze
Flame haze
Melon Pan: 50

Post by tachimegun » Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:27 am

LOveLive! wrote:
tachimegun wrote:1) 0
2) Arena 9
What is this trick!? o.o
It's luck, what else? I don't know either. I just can't believe the 1st question to be happening at all, and for the 2nd I just randomed between the 3 non DAL arenas. I see you probably did pretty much the same thing, so it's all just luck lol
SpoilerShow
The Game
hinakatbklyn
Incubator
Incubator
Melon Pan: 55

Post by hinakatbklyn » Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:28 am

Desufire wrote:@Avery: Inori has always been in PS2, I'm not surprised. Kurisu is still doing better than last year, hopefully she gains enough strength to reach the postseason
If PS2 means Postseason 2, then Kobato beat Inori in the first round of PS1 Nova in 2012 to be one of the 8 eligible for PS2. Inori was part of PS2 in 2013.
Desufire
Shinigami
Shinigami
Badges:
Worships: Orihime Inoue
Melon Pan: 60
Wish: For sugar to not be unhealthy, and campaigning to be easier

Post by Desufire » Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:30 am

avery-kun wrote:
Desufire wrote:@Avery: Inori has always been in PS2, I'm not surprised. Kurisu is still doing better than last year, hopefully she gains enough strength to reach the postseason
Its suppose to be.

Kanade, Mikoto, Kuroneko

Then

Ayase, Mashiro, Taiga, Eu, Azusa, Shana

THEN

Yuri, Inori, and Mio

Top 12 Stella right there. Inori is one level too high.
Less everything I know is a lie.

:P
If you haven't been paying attention, Shana didn't make it through round 1. Also Mio is stronger than Azusa.

Top: Kanade, Kuroneko, Mikoto

Mid: Mashiro, Eu, Ayase

Low: Inori, Taiga, Shana

Bottom: Yuri, Mio, Azusa
LOveLive!
[HUMAN SEQUENCER]
[HUMAN SEQUENCER]
Badges:
ImageImage
Worships: Dante, Traveler of the Burning Abyss
Melon Pan: 306
Wish: To do IIDX well

Post by LOveLive! » Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:37 am

avery-kun wrote:I've been had! Ikaros didn't win! But Azuki did! Why did Azuki win?!
Because Dekomori is hell weak. ._.
avery-kun wrote:.... wait... what is this? Inori beat Taiga? I thought it was just a joke. Mashiro was suppose to be the only one really messing with Stella upper tier, Not even Kurisu maintained her streak. Unless I'm missing that nobody cares about seeding. Then jokes on me.
Because Taiga is weak in multiple matches compared to 1 vs 1 matches. She was the last place in last year seeding(Prelim 1-8).
HasbeenaHibiki wrote:I won't be surprised if DAL minus Origami will make it Postseason.
Will this year be the first year when 4 chars in the same series get on Top 16?
Jiharo
Void mage
Void mage

Post by Jiharo » Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:41 am

SHIT RESULTS! みんな馬鹿馬鹿です。 No love for Iona again.
みんな死ね!死ね死ね死ね!。゚(゚´Д`゚)゚。
Hachiko
Heavenly Tiara
Heavenly Tiara
Worships: Kaname Madoka
2020 Female Favorite: Aisaka Taiga
2020 Male Favorite: Agatsuma Zen'itsu
2019 Female Favorite: Kaname Madoka
2019 Male Favorite: Azusagawa Sakuta
2018 Female Favorite: Chtholly Nota Seniorious
2018 Male Favorite: Hikigaya Hachiman
Wish: An awesome 2020 ISML.

Post by Hachiko » Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:55 am

newsShow
ISML 2014: Stella field nearly set

By JR Salazar
February 17, 2014

Match Day 7 of the 2014 International Saimoe League Preliminaries has concluded, and we have our first several contestants that have qualified for the show. Let's take a look.

STELLA DIVISION

In Stella Group 1, Charlotte Dunois (5511 votes), qualified for the 2014 ISML, with C.C. (4565 votes) and Tomoyo Sakagami (4318 votes) and Kurimu Sakurano being eliminated (2727 votes). In Stella Group 2, Last Order (5615 votes) is in, with Nymph (5067 votes), Kyou Fujibayashi (4795 votes), Suiseiseki (2343 votes) going out. Haruhi Suzumiya (5317 votes) has punched her tickets from Stella Group 3, with Nagisa Furukawa (5205 votes), Holo (4829 votes) and Maria (2344 votes) on the outside looking in.

Shinobu Oshino (5150 votes) is in from Stella Group 4, with Rin Tosaka (4693 votes), Kotomi Ichino (4276 votes) and Suigintou (2430 votes) eliminated. Hitagi Senjougahara (5659 votes) is also through, with IKaris (4419 votes), Louise Francoise Le Blanc De La Valliere (4366 votes) and Shiki Ryougi (2640 votes) out. Hinagiku Katsura is also in (5580 votes) with Subaru Konoe (4485 votes), Index L. Prohibitorum (4196 votes) and Mafuyu Shiina (2836 votes) eliminated from the tournament.

STELLA DIVISION

Yoshino qualified from Nova Group 7 with 6031 votes, with Kurousagi (4920 votes), Shiori Shiomiya (3477 votes) and Natsume Tsuchimikado (3477 votes) consigned to the second phase of prelims. Yaya Machine won Nova Group 8 with 5230 votes to go through in Nova Group 8. Touka Takanashi (4798 votes), Rin Natsume (3686 votes) and Ouka Yuuouji (3603 votes) will have to wait until the second phase for another shot. Azusa Azuki edged Yui, 5047-4561, to advance in Nova Group 9. Yui, Sanae Dekomori (4310 votes) and Noumi Kudryavka (3637 votes) will have to wait until the next phase.

Mirai Kuriyama won Nova Group 10 with 4892 votes and advances to the main draw. Momo Velia Deviluke (4279 votes), Charlotte Belew (4180 votes) and Akatsuki (3501 votes) are relegated to the second phase. Kotori Itsuka is moving on after winning 6584 votes in Nova Group 11. Nyarlathotep (4094 votes), Madoka Kaname (3512 votes) and Noire (3391 votes) are consigned to the second phase. Kurimi Tokisaki has punched her ticket to the show after winning 6580 votes to take Nova Group 12. Suguha Kirigaya (4476 votes), Mei Misaki (3629 votes) and Mikasa Ackerman (3374 votes) are consigned to the second phase.

Match Day 8 of the 2014 International Saimoe League preliminaries is scheduled for February 18, 2014. Vote for your favorite candidates at InternationalSaimoe.com and join the ongoing debate.
Elvinsky
Spirit hunter
Spirit hunter

Post by Elvinsky » Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:58 am

Nice one, Hina and Cuuko! :bigsmile:

Sadly, this moment of joy is short-lived with Takao ("FLAGSHIP OF MY HEART!") and Iona not doing well in their seeding matches. :(

And while I should be glad to see Azuki Azusa winning over Yui, this falls into bittersweet territory since:
1.) it's at the cost of Kud and Dekomori, and
2.) I didn't vote for Azusa.
"Rip and Tear. Rip and tear until it's done."
"To the good people I met on this site (Kordosa, Minhtam, Crisu, Maglor, Desufire, Momo, Marinara, Midnight-Jasper, Hikarin, Momento10, Shiraoky, Alex, Bastion, Superunature, Demi., Sedon, xcrossfacekillahx, Silver21, CureRainbow) thank you for the nice memories."
avery-kun
Moon princess
Moon princess
Badges:
ImageImageImage
Worships: Berserker!
Melon Pan: 135
Wish: Illya 2017!

Post by avery-kun » Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:59 am

Desufire wrote: Also Mio is stronger than Azusa.
That's what I thought going into this year, but my data is saying otherwise.

I'm so confused. @_@ @_@ @_@ @_@ :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
Team Rocket Elite
Moon princess
Moon princess
Badges:
Worships: Bernkastel
Wish: dried plums to go with the tea.

Post by Team Rocket Elite » Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:10 am

Stella preliminaries are starting to wind down and many characters are having their last match of the year. Nymph has a strong final showing and manages to surpass Kyou. However, she still falls well short of beating Last Order. Haruhi has a scare from Nagisa and to a lesser extent, Holo. However, Haruhi manages to advance as one of the last remaining participants of ISML 2008. Like last year, Haruhi's performance in preliminaries was pretty bad. Will she bounce back in the regular season again? Not that it matters anymore but Index goes out on a low note. I didn't really expect her to beat Hinagiku but I didn't think she'd cleanly lose to Subaru either.

Yaya ends up advancing without trouble. I thought Touka would put up more of a fight. Rin is one the borderline of life and death. She just needs to do a bit better to get back into the regular season. Similar to Yaya's scenario, I expected Azuki Azusa to have more trouble from Yuui but it didn't really happen. Momo puts up a great performance in her match. She's another character that's on the borderline of advancement and needs to have strong showings.

Not content with beating Shana, Inori goes and beats Taiga as well. Poor Yui and Menma get abandoned and do unusually poorly in their matches.
A miracle that you believe in when you know it won't happen......... is hope.
tehyc
[Death by Embracing]
[Death by Embracing]
Badges:
ImageImageImageImageImage
Melon Pan: 36
2018 Female Favorite: Kuroyukihime

Post by tehyc » Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:15 am

Not real surprise overall, but at Nova 9, how could Yui lose? :shock: Inori win seeding? I feel like her seeding always go up and down. ._.
ImageImage
Momento10
Electromaster
Electromaster
Badges:
ImageImageImageImage
Worships: Setsumi Sakura
Melon Pan: 88
2020 Female Favorite: Sakurajima Mai
2020 Male Favorite: Ishigami Yū
2019 Female Favorite: Tōma Kazusa
2019 Male Favorite: Ayanokōji Kiyotaka
2018 Female Favorite: Nishimiya Shōko
2018 Male Favorite: Sagara Sōsuke
Wish: My definition of peace and tranquility.

Post by Momento10 » Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:36 am

All six of the Nova girls who are in are new. Excellent.
akumaxx
Puella magi
Puella magi
Wish: An ISML without harmonics

Post by akumaxx » Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:57 am

Items will be created:
Yaya (Raider)
Mirai Kuriyama (Bloodthirsty)
Items already created:
Yoshino (Xeno)
Azusa Azuki (Righteous)
Kotori Itsuka (Imperial)
Kurumi Tokisaki (Xeno)

Mission failed: Charlotte the traitor has escaped.
Mission failed: Stella Expansion set.
== Low Activity ==
Current Soul: 269
Newest cards of Saimoe set: (Resized for signature use)
Previous cardsShow
Kordosa
Soul gem
Soul gem
Worships: Moriya Suwako's hat
2019 Female Favorite: Sakurajima Mai
2019 Male Favorite: Eugeo
2018 Female Favorite: Yamada Elf
2018 Male Favorite: Willem Kmetsch
Wish: A third season of Spice and Wolf.

Post by Kordosa » Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:08 am

I would have preferred either Tomoyo or C.C. to Charlotte and definitely Kyou or Numph to Last Order. Haruhi, Shinobu, Hitagi, and Hinagiku all making it in is about the best that I could have hoped for despite having other favorites in those arenas...

As for Nova, I get to add four new series to watch right off the bat.
QuotesShow
Cirno wrote:*sinister laugh* Winning by only 47 votes is all part of my master plan. Now everyone will think I'm weak when, in fact, I'm the strongest. And then, when they least expect it, I'll strike back and take over the entire ISML. It's foolproof. Hahahaha, I'm such a genius!
Crisu wrote:And, of course, never merge an anti-cookie with a normal cookie. Serious consequence will occur.
shiraoky wrote:I'm always squeeing lol.
Metaler wrote:Seriously, if you're gonna do something badly, then don't bother doing it. It's like when you take a dump: you don't show it to other people specifically because it's shit!
Kordosa wrote:Protip: If a male high school student character is voiced by a female seiyuu, there is a 100% probability that that character will be forced to crossdress at some point.
kanohistorm
Electromaster
Electromaster
Worships: Erika Sendou
Melon Pan: 181
Wish: a kookie?

Post by kanohistorm » Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:11 am

no real surprises today
spoiler alert :3
Zefyris
Gnome
Gnome
Worships: Midarezaki Kyouka
Wish: ISML 2015 Nova Division to have at least one character I favor.

Post by Zefyris » Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:18 am

I would have preferred either Tomoyo or C.C. to Charlotte and definitely Kyou or Numph to Last Order. Haruhi, Shinobu, Hitagi, and Hinagiku all making it in is about the best that I could have hoped for despite having other favorites in those arenas...
Same for me, except that I would have liked to have holo over Haruhi.

Results this rounds are mostly as expected. Arena 9 was the only one with a possible upset for me, so not a surprise either. Seeding are more surprising, especially with Inori.
Momo
State alchemist
State alchemist
Badges:
ImageImage
Worships: Akemi Homura
Melon Pan: 132
Wish: Yotsuba-chan♥

Post by Momo » Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:29 am

maglor, how are you going to take responsibility for lack of Numph and Horo?

Revenge Time~
Kudos to my amazing Secret Santa ♥
Kordosa
Soul gem
Soul gem
Worships: Moriya Suwako's hat
2019 Female Favorite: Sakurajima Mai
2019 Male Favorite: Eugeo
2018 Female Favorite: Yamada Elf
2018 Male Favorite: Willem Kmetsch
Wish: A third season of Spice and Wolf.

Post by Kordosa » Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:57 am

Zefyris wrote:Same for me, except that I would have liked to have holo over Haruhi.
I was prepared to let Holo go this season.... :tearsad:

As an aside, I've been seeing quite a few comments regarding Inori's strength. In my opinion, she has performed rather consistently since her debut, hovering around the top of the bottom half of the Top 16. The real test will be her performance from now on since she's in Stella this year.
QuotesShow
Cirno wrote:*sinister laugh* Winning by only 47 votes is all part of my master plan. Now everyone will think I'm weak when, in fact, I'm the strongest. And then, when they least expect it, I'll strike back and take over the entire ISML. It's foolproof. Hahahaha, I'm such a genius!
Crisu wrote:And, of course, never merge an anti-cookie with a normal cookie. Serious consequence will occur.
shiraoky wrote:I'm always squeeing lol.
Metaler wrote:Seriously, if you're gonna do something badly, then don't bother doing it. It's like when you take a dump: you don't show it to other people specifically because it's shit!
Kordosa wrote:Protip: If a male high school student character is voiced by a female seiyuu, there is a 100% probability that that character will be forced to crossdress at some point.