A. Female and male characters will compete in separate tournaments. They may face each other in exhibition arenas only.
B. Beginning with the Preliminary Period, female Candidates and Contestants are further separated into the Nova Division and the Stella Division.
C. All female characters begin in the Nova Division and automatically transfer to the Stella Division upon achievement of any of the following:
1. Recipient of a Division Championship or League Championship
2. Contestant in Regular Season four or more years ago (2011 or earlier)
3. Contestant in Regular Season two or more times
III. Tournament of Champions
A. All winners of the ISML Championship will participate in a single-elimination tournament during the 2015 Postseason. This includes the 2015 Tiara winner along with previous winners.
B. Other than the eventual 2015 Tiara winner, characters in the Tournament of Champions will not participate in the Regular Season, except for the previous year’s Champion if she won from Nova Division (thus, had never been in Stella division).
C. If such an exception exists, that character is eligible to participate in the Regular Season (by way of Nominations and Preliminaries) and face other Contestants; however, she will not be eligible for Postseason Phase I or Postseason Phase II.
IV. Automatic Qualification
A. No characters are permitted to advance directly to the Regular Season.
B. The top two (2) Contestants from each of the ISML 2014 Seasonal Tournaments who have not advanced to ISML 2015 Stella Division are permitted automatic entry into ISML 2015 Preliminary Period, Nova Division. This is a total of eight (8) entries.
V. Nomination Period
A. The Nomination Period lasts fourteen (14) days.
B. Character eligibility will be checked according to Article III of the ISML Constitution with the following additional conditions:
1. Character data occurring after 31 December 2014 will not be considered.
2. For entry into the Nova or Stella Division, the character must be female, must possess a female form (in which case only the instances when the character is female shall be considered), or must regularly exhibit feminine qualities when the character's gender is unknown or cannot be determined.
3. The male division considers the same qualifications as above except with regards to male and masculine characters.
4. A character who qualifies as both male and female may enter only one division only; the prevailing gender will take priority.
C. The nomination form has separate sections for female characters and male characters.
1. Voters may nominate up to fourteen (14) characters for the Nova and Stella Divisions.
2. Voters may nominate up to eight (8) characters for male division.
3. Voters must nominate at least three (3) characters.
4. Voters must nominate from at least three (3) distinct anime franchises.
D. Nominated characters must be unique.
E. Invalid nominations will be discarded individually and will not void the entire ballot unless the discards result in a violation of any of the subsections of Rule C.
F. At the end of the Nomination Period, characters with the most nominations in each Division will advance to the Preliminary Period until the allotted slots are filled.
1. The number of allotted slots for each Division is eighty (80) minus the number of automatic entries defined previously.
2. Staff will resolve any ties that occur in the last available slot(s). Priority consideration shall be given, if applicable, to those characters not selected for the previous year's Regular Season.
G. An additional form for the Winter Seasonal Tournament, an exhibition tournament, will be available during the Nomination Period. This form accepts female characters (per rule V.B.2) with appearances on and after 1 January 2015 and who have not appeared in the 2014 Preliminary Period or any seasonal tournament in 2014.
1. Voters may nominate up to five (5) characters.
2. Thirty-two (32) characters will be accepted into the tournament; prioritization is a mixture of nomination results and maximizing the number of anime series represented.
Katsura Hinagiku (Hayate no Gotoku) - ISML 2009 Heavenly Tiara bearer, Stella Division
Akiyama Mio (K-ON!) - ISML 2010 Heavenly Tiara bearer, Stella Division
Misaka Mikoto (Toaru Majutsu no Index) - ISML 2011 Heavenly Tiara bearer, Stella Division
Tachibana Kanade (Angel Beats!) - ISML 2012 Heavenly Tiara bearer, Stella Division
Gokou Ruri (Ore no Imouto) - ISML 2013 Heavenly Tiara bearer, Stella Division
Kirigaya Kazuto (Sword Art Online) - ISML 2011 Lapis Scepter bearer, Male Division
Lelouch Lamperouge (Code Geass) - ISML 2012 Lapis Scepter bearer, Male Division
Oreki Hontarou (Hyouka) - ISML 2013 Lapis Scepter bearer, Male Division
Kinoshita Hideyoshi (Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu) - ISML 2014 Lapis Scepter bearer, Male Division
Itsuka Kotori (Date A Live) ISML 2014 Heavenly Tiara bearer
Aoyama Nanami (Sakura-sou no Pet na Kanojo)
Kuroyukihime (Accel World)
Yuuki Asuna (Sword Art Online)
Takanashi Rikka (Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!)
Chitanda Eru (Hyouka)
Nibutani Shinka (Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!)
Momo Belia Deviluke (To LOVE-Ru)
Yuuki Mikan (To LOVE-Ru)
Takanashi Touka (Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!)
Haqua do Lot Herminium (Kami nomi zu Shiru sekai)
Yui (Sword Art Online)
Natsume Rin (Little Busters!)
Nyarlatholep (Haiyore! Nyaruko-san)
Kirigaya Suguha (Sword Art Online)
Shirakiin Ririchiyo (Inu x Boku SS)
Noumi Kudryavka (Little Busters!)
Laura Bodewig (IS <Infinite Stratos>)
Shiomiya Shiori (Kami nomi zo Shiru sekai)
Roromiya Karuta (Inu x Boku SS)
Total entries: 20
From 2011 RS (under 4 years or ago rule):
Seraphim (Kore wa Zombie Desu ka?)
Huang Lingyin (IS <Infinite Stratos>)
Shinonono Houki (IS <Infinite Stratos>)
Shiina (Angel Beats!)
Total entries: 4
Kirisaki Chitoge (Nisekoi) - Winner
Onodera Kosaki (Nisekoi) - Runner-up
Shiro (No Game No Life) - Winner
Aihara Enju (Black Bullet) - Runner-up
Sakura Chiyo (Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun) - Winner
Asada Shino (Sword Art Online) - Runner-up
Isuzu Sento (Amagi Brilliant Park) - Winner
Konno Yuuki (Sword Art Online) - Runner-up
EDIT: Nominations has started! Head over to http://www.internationalsaimoe.com/voting to nominate your favorite girls! A reminder can be found at viewtopic.php?f=6&t=5629&start=160#p298652.