2015 Nomination Plan Thread

Nominations and other events occurring before the Main Tournament
Darth Blitzer
Space pirate
Space pirate
Worships: KyoAni Empire
Melon Pan: 50
Wish: Patrolling the Ohio wasteland almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.

Re: 2015 Nomination Plan Thread

Post by Darth Blitzer » Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:25 pm

ETERNAL LURKER who rarely posts now sometimes posts, maybe
Politics, Religion, and Moé
"I remember when ISML was good"
"ISML has never been good"
Aquamarine
Flame haze
Flame haze
2017 Female Favorite: Onodera Kosaki

Post by Aquamarine » Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:24 am

Nova and Stella Division Form
1. Minami Kotori Love Live! School Idol Project
2. Hoshizora Rin Love Live! School Idol Project
3. Nishikino Maki Love Live! School Idol Project
4. Miyazono Kaori Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso
5. Yamada Aoi Working!!
6. Tainaka Ritsu K-ON!
7. Aisaka Taiga Toradora!
8. Makise Kurisu Steins;Gate
9. Yui Angel Beats!
10. Maria Hayate no Gotoku!
11. Aoyama Nanami Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo
12. Ibara Mayaka Hyouka
13. Kino Makoto Sailor Moon
14. Hinamori Amu Shugo Chara!

Male Division Form
1. Akasaka Ryuunosuke Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo
2. Mikoshiba Mikoto Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun
3. Kida Masaomi Durarara!!
4. Takasu Ryuuji Toradora!
5. Okita Sougo Gintama
6. Tatsumi Kanji Persona 4
7. Naegi Makoto Danganronpa
8. Accelerator Toaru Majutsu no Index
niwa87
Idol master
Idol master
Badges:
Worships: CPU Candidates
Melon Pan: 97
2018 Female Favorite: Teruhashi Kokomi
2018 Male Favorite: Saiki Kusuo
2017 Female Favorite: Kirima Sharo
2017 Male Favorite: Saiki Kusuo
Wish: My wishes come true...

Post by niwa87 » Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:36 am

Submitted my nomination
SpoilerShow
Please excuse my lousy English...
ShanaUnite
Pokémon master
Pokémon master

Post by ShanaUnite » Wed Mar 11, 2015 1:38 am

Nova and Stella Division

1. Shana Shakugan no Shana
2. Shiina Mashiro Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo
3. Kuroyukihime Accel World
4. Natsume Rin Little Busters!
5. Akemi Homura Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica
6. Sahoto Ashisu Mangaka-san to Assistant-san
7. Shichimiya Satone Chuunibyou demo koi ga shitai!
8. Mikazuki Yozora Boku wa tomodachi ga sukunai
9. Fuyuumi Ai Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi ga Shuraba Sugiru
10. Inaba Himeko Kokoro Connect
11. Amane Suzuha Steins gate
12. Revy Black Lagoon
13. Kurugaya Yuiko Little Busters!
14. Esdeath Akame ga kill

Male Division Form
Character Name Series Title
1. Sakata Gintoki Gintama
2. Gilgamesh Fate Stay/Night
3. Takeshi Sendo Hajime no Ippo
4. Hikigaya Hachiman Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatteiru
5. Okabe Rintarou Steins Gate
6. Adam Blade Needless
7. Echizen Ryoma Prince of Tennis
8. Sousuke Sagara Full Metal Panic
maglor
~Fukou da~
~Fukou da~
Badges:
ImageImage
Worships: Abriel Nei Debrusc Borl Paryun Lafiel
Melon Pan: 75
2019 Female Favorite: Akemi Homura
2019 Male Favorite: Arima Kōsei
2018 Female Favorite: Chtholly Nota Seniorious
2018 Male Favorite: Yang Wenli
2017 Female Favorite: Tomori Nao
2017 Male Favorite: Yang Wenli
Wish: More people being open to alternatives and compromises.

Post by maglor » Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:01 pm

I have seen many people say "I don't nominate this character because she will surely get in without my vote". If you do this, you may have knocked down your character's nomination rank by at least one, and if many of your fellow supporters did this as well, that can result in bad nomination rank for your character. People needs to realize that the nomination rank is tremendously important because ISML staff will rely heavily on the nomination rank to determine the seeding and initial group placements. Low nomination rank will certainly mean that he/she will be given a bad seed, forcing her/him to be placed in a very tough group that will make it hard to get as much vote as he/she can. This will make it very hard to avoid another tough group in the next round, perpetuating the cycle. Most "promising" candidates who bows out within prelim goes through this cycle. In addition, not being able to make a strong impression always had a negative impact that lasts the entire year, which will damage any chance he/she has for necklace and postseason glory. Right now almost no character is very far away from the at least one character with less nomination, which means that nomination ranks all over the place are changing every hour. If you don't want to kill your favorite characters chance for ISML glory, you need to get out the news and find people to nominate in ISML. Hurry as time is running out.
Magnux7
Seitokaichou
Seitokaichou
Worships: Shana
Melon Pan: 85
Wish: More cute yuri in anime *-*

Post by Magnux7 » Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:58 pm

maglor wrote:I have seen many people say "I don't nominate this character because she will surely get in without my vote". If you do this, you may have knocked down your character's nomination rank by at least one, and if many of your fellow supporters did this as well, that can result in bad nomination rank for your character. People needs to realize that the nomination rank is tremendously important because ISML staff will rely heavily on the nomination rank to determine the seeding and initial group placements. Low nomination rank will certainly mean that he/she will be a given bad seeds, forcing her/him to be placed in avery tough group that will make it hard to get as much vote as he/she can. This will make it very hard to avoid another tough group in the next round, perpetuating the cycle. Most "promising" candidates who bows out within prelim goes through this cycle. In addition, not being able to make a strong impression always had a negative impact that lasts the entire year, which will damage any chance he/she has for necklace and postseason glory. Right now almost no character is very far away from the at least one character with less nomination, which means that nomination ranks all over the place are changing every hour. If you don't want to kill your favorite characters chance for ISML glory, you need to get out the news and find people to nominate in ISML. Hurry as time is running out.
Are you referring to females, males or both? :P
Image Image
Homura
[Apprentice Magician]
[Apprentice Magician]
Badges:
Melon Pan: 55
2019 Female Favorite: Makise Kurisu
2019 Male Favorite: Levi
2018 Female Favorite: Makise Kurisu
2018 Male Favorite: Yukihira Sōma
2017 Female Favorite: Katō Megumi
2017 Male Favorite: Yukihira Sōma

Post by Homura » Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:20 pm

maglor you pointed that out such late. Oh I didn't mention that in the nomination instruction thread I made for Shana. Also yesterday, I just saw an ISML regular voter in Baidu tieba said he had only nominated the characters he thought had trouble passing the nomination...
Crisu
Wan Wan Wan
Wan Wan Wan
Badges:
ImageImage
Worships: Kinomoto Sakura
Wish: Fluency in Japanese

Post by Crisu » Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:26 pm

2.5 days remaining. I should put a notice on the main page...

If you live in the US, nominations end Saturday evening, because the cutoff time is midnight GMT Sunday instead of our usual 3am GMT.
ImageImage
Signature by Hikari-chan
Homura
[Apprentice Magician]
[Apprentice Magician]
Badges:

Post by Homura » Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:26 pm

That should have been briefly stated in the instructions at the voting page. Many voters either don't know or don't have clearly realized.

Crisu is faster than me...
tehyc
[Death by Embracing]
[Death by Embracing]
Badges:
ImageImageImageImageImage
Melon Pan: 36
2017 Female Favorite: Kuroyukihime
2017 Male Favorite: Sakamaki Izayoi
Wish: Stay alive

Post by tehyc » Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:31 pm

Homura wrote:maglor you pointed that out such late. Oh I didn't mention that in the nomination instruction thread I made for Shana. Also yesterday, I just saw an ISML regular voter in Baidu tieba said he had only nominated the characters he thought had trouble passing the nomination...
If people shouting that the characters they thought had no problem but have some real problem, we should probably throw this to them lol...
ImageImage
maglor
~Fukou da~
~Fukou da~
Badges:
ImageImage
Worships: Abriel Nei Debrusc Borl Paryun Lafiel
Melon Pan: 75
2019 Female Favorite: Akemi Homura
2019 Male Favorite: Arima Kōsei
2018 Female Favorite: Chtholly Nota Seniorious
2018 Male Favorite: Yang Wenli
2017 Female Favorite: Tomori Nao
2017 Male Favorite: Yang Wenli
Wish: More people being open to alternatives and compromises.

Post by maglor » Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:08 pm

Magnux7 wrote:
maglor wrote:I have seen many people say "I don't nominate this character because she will surely get in without my vote". If you do this, you may have knocked down your character's nomination rank by at least one, and if many of your fellow supporters did this as well, that can result in bad nomination rank for your character. People needs to realize that the nomination rank is tremendously important because ISML staff will rely heavily on the nomination rank to determine the seeding and initial group placements. Low nomination rank will certainly mean that he/she will be a given bad seeds, forcing her/him to be placed in avery tough group that will make it hard to get as much vote as he/she can. This will make it very hard to avoid another tough group in the next round, perpetuating the cycle. Most "promising" candidates who bows out within prelim goes through this cycle. In addition, not being able to make a strong impression always had a negative impact that lasts the entire year, which will damage any chance he/she has for necklace and postseason glory. Right now almost no character is very far away from the at least one character with less nomination, which means that nomination ranks all over the place are changing every hour. If you don't want to kill your favorite characters chance for ISML glory, you need to get out the news and find people to nominate in ISML. Hurry as time is running out.
Are you referring to females, males or both? :P
BOTH
minhtam1638
Phantom
Phantom
Wish: An endless supply of Coca-Cola. Tax free.

Post by minhtam1638 » Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:08 pm

Ditto on what Maglor said. I can't begin to tell you how many people assume that the major favorites are simply going to make it through the prelims, as if there were 300 spots for prelims to give. There's always a character that people are shocked to see not make it through the nominations.
Homura
[Apprentice Magician]
[Apprentice Magician]
Badges:

Post by Homura » Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:26 pm

minhtam1638 wrote:Ditto on what Maglor said. I can't begin to tell you how many people assume that the major favorites are simply going to make it through the prelims, as if there were 300 spots for prelims to give. There's always a character that people are shocked to see not make it through the nominations.
You said nothing wrong (To make this sound better, you're right), but you missed the whole point.
Momento10
Electromaster
Electromaster
Badges:
ImageImageImageImage
Worships: Setsumi Sakura
Melon Pan: 88
2019 Female Favorite: Tōma Kazusa
2019 Male Favorite: Ayanokōji Kiyotaka
2018 Female Favorite: Nishimiya Shōko
2018 Male Favorite: Sagara Sōsuke
2017 Female Favorite: Megumin
2017 Male Favorite: Zen Wistalia
Wish: ISML - A new face for the champion.
KBM - to revive
AST - to encourage international participation
IRL - My definition of peace and tranquility.

Post by Momento10 » Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:59 pm

...Does that mean Holo has a chance to be first in the Stella nomination list? Sweet!
avery-kun
Moon princess
Moon princess
Badges:
ImageImageImage
Worships: Berserker!
Melon Pan: 135
2017 Female Favorite: Illyasviel Von Einzbern
2017 Male Favorite: Gilgamesh
Wish: Illya 2017!

Post by avery-kun » Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:18 pm

Momento10 wrote:...Does that mean Holo has a chance to be first in the Stella nomination list? Sweet!
Well, technically, any qualified candidate as a chance.
Chocola
Hikarin's Kitty
Hikarin's Kitty
Worships: Kousaka Reina
2017 Female Favorite: Karasuma Chitose
2017 Male Favorite: Killua Zoldyck
Wish: Hikachu to not hate me

Post by Chocola » Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:31 pm

Homura wrote:maglor you pointed that out such late. Oh I didn't mention that in the nomination instruction thread I made for Shana. Also yesterday, I just saw an ISML regular voter in Baidu tieba said he had only nominated the characters he thought had trouble passing the nomination...
The thing is, it has always been this way. This isn't some new rule. Prelims were always seeded by nomination count ever since ISML had prelims. maglor just gave us a reminder that shouldn't be needed at all.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
MAL Ratings ISML Chat, Saimoe Blog, Saimoe Wiki
A tall, towering wall looms in front of me. Beyond that is something that I could never to see on my own.
And that is...the view from the top.
Homura
[Apprentice Magician]
[Apprentice Magician]
Badges:

Post by Homura » Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:50 pm

Kholdy wrote:
The thing is, it has always been this way. This isn't some new rule. Prelims were always seeded by nomination count ever since ISML had prelims. maglor just gave us a reminder that shouldn't be needed at all.
To be honest, I'm a bit surprised by the reactions showed by you and minty. If I've remembered correctly, minty is going to become a math teacher probably this year or next year, and Kholdy you will very likely work in math education field in the future. Just add a bit more info about me here. Being a good student myself, I've helped many my classmates study throughout the past years. In general, I like to teach people how to learn, and to be a teacher or to work for education is always something I would like to do. What I want to point out here is that we three have similar life goals, and we're not supposed to act very differently toward this issue. Unfortunately, we are.

You and minty said nothing wrong. I think I should restate this first. However, the problem is both you have missed the critical point. Right, people are stupid because they are expected to know that Nomination serves for the upcoming Preliminary, and the fact that Preliminary seeding and group placements are heavily based on the nomination rank is not that hard to see. But let's think about a question here. What is the duty for teacher/educator/people who have more knowledge? I think the answer is to help people who lack knowledge to learn those things they're supposed to know, instead of just standing on the side. Isn't this what a educator ought to do? Let me put this more straightforwardly. Even though there isn't some new rule and people should pay for their stupidity by themselves, it's still ISML staff's duty to make the importance of nomination rank clear each year since it's never clear to many people (especially new voters). ISML staff are the people having the most knowledge of the rules, and that's the way you educate people with less knowledge, no matter if the things are obvious or not.

Kholdy wrote:maglor just gave us a reminder that shouldn't be needed at all.
You dare to say this, heh?
Chocola
Hikarin's Kitty
Hikarin's Kitty
Worships: Kousaka Reina
2017 Female Favorite: Karasuma Chitose
Wish: Hikachu to not hate me

Post by Chocola » Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:16 am

Homura wrote:What is the duty for teacher/educator/people who have more knowledge? I think the answer is to help people who lack knowledge to learn those things they're supposed to know, instead of just standing on the side. Isn't this what a educator ought to do? Let me put this more straightforwardly. Even though there isn't some new rule and people should pay for their stupidity by themselves, it's still ISML staff's duty to make the importance of nomination rank clear each year since it's never clear to many people (especially new voters).
It's surprising to me how bad your logic is. Let's think about this for a second. I'm teaching calculus. Am I going to assume that you don't know basic arithmetic so that I spend the first week reviewing how to add and multiple, second week fractions, third week algebra, and fourth week trigonometry? No, that's not the case. Now let's assume someone actually doesn't know arithmetic. Am I going to ignore him? Of course not. I'll teach him. But first, he has to tell me the knowledge he's lacking, then I set up a special session with him. This is where your "example" fails, because the current ISML situation is not at all related with the teaching environment.

If someone asks what nomination ranks do, are we going to ignore that person? No, we would obviously explain in detail like maglor did. But If they're not going to ask, how are we going to know that they don't know a rule that's been in place since 2009? At this point, we assume most people know this, and will explain to people who don't if they ask. Details of seeding are detailed in EACH charter for EACH year. That means we do make it clear each year in the charter. If we end up assuming the voters know nothing, then we would explain it by replicating the exact charter in forum post format, and then people wouldn't read it anyways because of how long it is. Do you understand now?
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
MAL Ratings ISML Chat, Saimoe Blog, Saimoe Wiki
A tall, towering wall looms in front of me. Beyond that is something that I could never to see on my own.
And that is...the view from the top.
Homura
[Apprentice Magician]
[Apprentice Magician]
Badges:

Post by Homura » Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:36 am

Kholdy wrote:Details of seeding are detailed in EACH charter for EACH year. That means we do make it clear each year in the charter.
Can you cite a sentence from the charter that shows the importance of nomination rank? Let's just be efficient. If you can, then we don't need to argue that education part anymore since that will be pointless. I mean pointless for current situation.
smartboyhw
[Future Overlord]
[Future Overlord]
Badges:
ImageImage
Worships: Isshiki Iroha
Melon Pan: 0
2018 Female Favorite: Isshiki Iroha
2018 Male Favorite: Killua Zoldyck
2017 Female Favorite: Isshiki Iroha
Wish: Shichimiya Satone, Aoyama Nanami and Nakano Azusa to win an ISML prize, Inaba Himeko to win BGC and live in Sakura-sō

Post by smartboyhw » Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:44 am

Maybe I should put it this way: A lot of characters auto-qualified into 2014 Prelim. If you assume AUTOMATICALLY that your character would get a high seeding even if your character has to be manually nominated then think twice.
ImageImage

Let me teach you something: We humans... Even for 10 minutes... We cannot even wait that long! - Nakamura Yuri, Angel Beats!