2018 Female Favorite: Akemi Homura
2018 Male Favorite: Kūjō Jōtarō
2017 Female Favorite: Kirigiri Kyōko
2017 Male Favorite: Heiwajima Shizuo
Wish: ZackRay

Re: RESULTS: 2015 Preliminaries 9

Post by Kiwigiwi » Tue May 12, 2015 10:25 am

BugH wrote:guys, update ur favorites
I'm very happy with my 2015 Male favorite.
My Stella and nova.. not so much. I support them but they aren't my ultimate bias.

♡ Secret Santa Daisuki ♡
SecretsShow
♫ Much love to my secret santa of 2016 ♥
Jiharo
Void mage
Void mage
Melon Pan: 50

Post by Jiharo » Tue May 12, 2015 10:44 am

Tokei Shikake Tenshi wrote:
Shit Results- A neverending tale:Show
Miyauchi Renge losing
Kaname Madoka losing
Sakura Kyouko losing
Kafuu Chino losing
Fujimiya Kaori losing
Celty Sturluson losing
Mikasa Ackermann losing
Shirakiin Ririchiyo losing
AKEMI HOMURA losing
Honma Meiko losing
Victorique de Blois losing
Natsume Kyousuke losing
Latifa Fleuranza losing
Oshino Shinobu losing
Touwa Eri losing
Heiwajima Shizuo losing
Levi losing
Akame winning
Shokuhou Misaki winning
Kousaka Kirino winning
Aikawa Ayumu winning
Itsuka Shido winning
Shiba Tatsuya winning
Good Results- a short story:Show
Terminus Est winning
Sengoku Nadeko winning
Mikoshiba Mikoto winning
Orihara Izaya winning
Katsuragi Kenma winning
Satou Megumi winning

Erm, please don't change people's name. Her name is Katou Megumi(加藤恵) NOT Satou Megumi.
Kordosa
Soul gem
Soul gem
Worships: Moriya Suwako's hat
2019 Female Favorite: Sakurajima Mai
2019 Male Favorite: Eugeo
2018 Female Favorite: Yamada Elf
2018 Male Favorite: Willem Kmetsch
2017 Female Favorite: Darkness
2017 Male Favorite: Roy Mustang
Wish: A third season of Spice and Wolf.

Post by Kordosa » Tue May 12, 2015 10:46 am

Good - The following advancing: :bigsmile:
  • Satone
  • Haruhi
  • Holo
  • Yuki
  • C.C.
  • Momo
  • Yui (K-ON!)
  • Ryuunosuke
Bad - The following being eliminated: :tearsad:
  • Kyouko
  • Tsumugi
  • Tomoyo
  • Ruiko
  • Erio
  • Victorique
  • Yui (SAO)
  • Nagisa
  • Hayate
  • Takumi
Series added to my watch queue:
  • Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance
  • Akame ga Kill!
  • Tokyo Ghoul
  • Noragami
^ Final group of series I'm asking for opinions on. (And by the way, I would like to thank everyone for sharing their thoughts on my "added to queue" lists thus far.)
QuotesShow
Cirno wrote:*sinister laugh* Winning by only 47 votes is all part of my master plan. Now everyone will think I'm weak when, in fact, I'm the strongest. And then, when they least expect it, I'll strike back and take over the entire ISML. It's foolproof. Hahahaha, I'm such a genius!
Crisu wrote:And, of course, never merge an anti-cookie with a normal cookie. Serious consequence will occur.
shiraoky wrote:I'm always squeeing lol.
Metaler wrote:Seriously, if you're gonna do something badly, then don't bother doing it. It's like when you take a dump: you don't show it to other people specifically because it's shit!
Kordosa wrote:Protip: If a male high school student character is voiced by a female seiyuu, there is a 100% probability that that character will be forced to crossdress at some point.
BugH
[Komoe's Apprentice]
[Komoe's Apprentice]
Badges:
ImageImage
Worships: Mental Out
Melon Pan: 13
2017 Female Favorite: Shokuhō Misaki
Wish: Unlimited Paper Works

Post by BugH » Tue May 12, 2015 10:47 am

Reverend wrote:miss 3-min-screentime is back again.
ahh, i miss that title
Image>Thanks to my secret santa<
Kiwigiwi
[Apteryx mantelli]
[Apteryx mantelli]
Badges:
ImageImageImageImage
Worships: Alphinaud's carbuncle
Melon Pan: 81

Post by Kiwigiwi » Tue May 12, 2015 10:59 am

Kordosa wrote: Series added to my watch queue:
  • Akame ga Kill!
  • Tokyo Ghoul
  • Noragami
^ Final group of series I'm asking for opinions on. (And by the way, I would like to thank everyone for sharing their thoughts on my "added to queue" lists thus far.)
Tokyo Ghoul is kinda meh. Not fantastic but it's enjoyable.
Noragami is the one I would recommend watching the most out of the four.

♡ Secret Santa Daisuki ♡
SecretsShow
Hachiko
Heavenly Tiara
Heavenly Tiara
Worships: Kaname Madoka
2018 Female Favorite: Chtholly Nota Seniorious
2018 Male Favorite: Hikigaya Hachiman
2017 Female Favorite: Katō Megumi
2017 Male Favorite: Korosensei
Wish: An awesome 2019 ISML.

Post by Hachiko » Tue May 12, 2015 11:00 am

Reposting news announcement because I had made a typographical error and I didn't notice this until I concluded my Pangya Daily Quests right now: it says ISML 2014 instead of of ISML 2015. Of course, let's be honest: there really isn't much difference because most of the faces from last year are here this year because you voters are a dense mainstream bunch. (Also, I have to select the mainstream selections as I am handicapping this contest, as with prior editions.) Tiara Odds on my blog will be up later this week.
NewsShow

ISML 2015: The Field Is Set

By Jo-Ryan Salazar
The Bedlam on Baltic Avenue
May 11, 2015

Match Day 9 of the 2015 International Saimoe League Preliminaries has concluded, and we now have our field. In Nova Group 1, Umi Sonoda (2793 votes), Origami Tobiichi (2640 votes) and Satone Shichimiya (2612 votes) are through. In Nova Group 2, Eli Ayase (2707 votes), Yukina Himeragi (2387 votes) and Terminus Est (2307 votes) have punched their tickets.

In Nova Group 3, Azusa Azuki (2789 votes), Akame (2504 votes) and Nico Yazawa (2565 votes) are in, while in Nova Group 4, Marika Tachibana (3365 votes), Misaki Shokuhou (2667 votes) and Kotori Minami (3090 votes) have punched their tickets. As second-year Nova qualifiers, Origami Tobiichi, Yukina Himeragi, Azusa Azuki and Misaki Shokuhou are eligible for the Stella Division next year.

In Stella Group 1, Kirino Kousaka (2568 votes), Mikan Yuuki (3074 votes) and Haruhi Suzumiya (3116 votes) are through. In Stella Group 2, Holo (3094 votes), Yuki Nagato (2940 votes) and Nyarlathotep (2595 votes) return to the main draw.

In Stella Group 3, C.C. (2631 votes), Momo Velia Deviluke (2803 votes) and Yui Hirasawa (2712 votes) have qualified, while in Stella Group 4, Kobato Hasegawa (2985 votes), Nadeko Sengoku (2556 votes) and Charlotte Dunois (2673 votes) are back.

In Male Group 1, Yuuta Togashi (2918 votes), Mikoto Mikoshiba (2490 votes) and Ken Kaneki (2104 votes) have qualified. In Male Group 2, L Lawliet (2217 votes), Yato (2402 votes) and Izaya Orihara (2468 votes) are in. In Male Group 3, Shidou Itsuka (2396 votes), Ayumu Aikawa (2115 votes) and Rentarou Satomi (2646 votes) are through to the main draw, while in Male Group 4, Ryuunosuke Akasaka (2237 votes), Raku Ichijou (2495 votes) and Shirou Emiya (2755 votes) round out the Male Division draw.

In Winter Seasonal action, Megumi Katou thrashed Lilith Bristol 4242-2427, Yuudachi defeated Eriri Sawamura Spencer 3806-3230, Kongou flattered Julie Sigtuna 4525-2355 and in the Upset of the Round, Utaha Kasumigaoka stunned Shimakaze 3813-3225. All signs point to a battle between Saekano and KanColle for that championship.

Match Day 10 of the 2015 International Saimoe League Preliminaries, which actually is the Winter Season Semis and Seeded but is named as Preliminaries 10 for simplicity purposes, is scheduled for May 12, 2015. Vote for your favorites at InternationalSaimoe.com and join the ongoing debate.
Fuijiwara
[Ebb and Flow]
[Ebb and Flow]
Badges:
ImageImageImage
Worships: Fuijiwara no Mokou
Melon Pan: 2
Wish: Happiness~~

Post by Fuijiwara » Tue May 12, 2015 11:07 am

Kurogarasu wrote:
Kordosa wrote: Series added to my watch queue:
  • Akame ga Kill!
  • Tokyo Ghoul
  • Noragami
Seirei- A typical magical harem, with the boy having lots of girls, except there are two tsunderes, one violent, one rich girl. Then there's the best girl Est and the male lead was a trap once.

TG- Up to you to decide whether you like it or not, but mostly ppl hate it because of rushed story and somewhat poor animation.

Norgami- One of the best of Winter 2013. Most recommeneded as it is good as both comedy, supernatural and romance at the same time ( not so romance though )

Akame- Again, if you follow the manga you hate it, you don't follow the manga, you will find it anitclimatic.
2015 SilversShow
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
RichardJoash
~Eye of Twilight~
~Eye of Twilight~
Badges:
Worships: Yaya, Asseylum, Hestia, Nao, Rory, Albedo and Stella Vermillion
Melon Pan: 45
2017 Female Favorite: Stella Vermillion
2017 Male Favorite: Kurogane Ikki
Wish: To let Subaru fans, Corvette and Camaro fans and Can-Am Spyder fans support Yaya to win the Heavenly Tiara and get those Turkeys off the Thanksgiving Menu

Post by RichardJoash » Tue May 12, 2015 11:17 am

Kordosa wrote:Good - The following advancing: :bigsmile:
  • Satone
  • Haruhi
  • Holo
  • Yuki
  • C.C.
  • Momo
  • Yui (K-ON!)
  • Ryuunosuke
Bad - The following being eliminated: :tearsad:
  • Kyouko
  • Tsumugi
  • Tomoyo
  • Ruiko
  • Erio
  • Victorique
  • Yui (SAO)
  • Nagisa
  • Hayate
  • Takumi
Series added to my watch queue:
  • Akame ga Kill!
  • Tokyo Ghoul
  • Noragami
Alright then. And I think that the point is no one is as unique and as special as Yaya, 'Cause she is one of a kind.
And that I have learned about intelligence from you.
Kono Hoshi o Nameru na yo! Image Sankyuu, Hikarin!
WoodyMC
[3,14% Pasta]
[3,14% Pasta]
Badges:
ImageImage
Worships: Magolor Day
Melon Pan: 376
2018 Female Favorite: Nagato Yuki
2018 Male Favorite: Reg
2017 Female Favorite: Watanabe Yō
2017 Male Favorite: Hinata Shōyō
Wish: Gem Apple to Dominate the Universe

Post by WoodyMC » Tue May 12, 2015 11:30 am

Yay, finally can put my devil king on my favorite :D
Homura
[Apprentice Magician]
[Apprentice Magician]
Badges:
Melon Pan: 55
2018 Female Favorite: Makise Kurisu
2018 Male Favorite: Yukihira Sōma
2017 Male Favorite: Yukihira Sōma

Post by Homura » Tue May 12, 2015 1:04 pm

Kurogarasu wrote:
Tokei Shikake Tenshi wrote:Shit Results- A neverending tale
Shirakiin Ririchiyo losing
AKEMI HOMURA losing
Latifa Fleuranza losing
Heiwajima Shizuo losing
Levi losing
Shiba Tatsuya winning

Good Results- a short story
Orihara Izaya winning
This so much
Do you like Izaya simply because of Shizuo (I mean their relationship)? Me and my friends all like Shizuo after watching Drrr, but none of us like Izaya. I actually think people really liking Shizuo's personality won't have any positive feeling to Izaya. That is the question I've always wanted to ask you.
Kiwigiwi
[Apteryx mantelli]
[Apteryx mantelli]
Badges:
ImageImageImageImage
Worships: Alphinaud's carbuncle
Melon Pan: 81

Post by Kiwigiwi » Tue May 12, 2015 3:04 pm

Homura wrote:Do you like Izaya simply because of Shizuo (I mean their relationship)? Me and my friends all like Shizuo after watching Drrr, but none of us like Izaya. I actually think people really liking Shizuo's personality won't have any positive feeling to Izaya. That is the question I've always wanted to ask you.
To be honest, I actually liked Izaya before I fully appreciated Shizuo's character in durarara. And I don't really like Izaya because of his kind hearted sweetness Shizuo has. He's the biggest prick, really.
He's just a really interesting character. His back story was intriguing (Only found in the manga so far), he has that cunning mysteriousness to him and you have to admit that he's a pretty fitting "villain" for durarara.
You can say I like him in the way I like Dio; I shouldn't but because of how interesting their roles are in their specific series, I can't help but like them. Plus, I don't like them more than their heroic enemies.. Aka Shizuo and Jotaro.

I don't like him more than Shizuo though, but I think that's obvious enough.

♡ Secret Santa Daisuki ♡
SecretsShow
akumaxx
Puella magi
Puella magi
Wish: An ISML without harmonics

Post by akumaxx » Tue May 12, 2015 4:50 pm

I hope it isn't too late, but this is also a new member of brawl:
== Low Activity ==
Current Soul: 269
Newest cards of Saimoe set: (Resized for signature use)
Previous cardsShow
Homura
[Apprentice Magician]
[Apprentice Magician]
Badges:
Melon Pan: 55
2018 Female Favorite: Makise Kurisu
2018 Male Favorite: Yukihira Sōma
2017 Male Favorite: Yukihira Sōma

Post by Homura » Tue May 12, 2015 5:46 pm

@Kuro I see.
Just
[Kiwi's Melon]
[Kiwi's Melon]
Badges:
ImageImageImageImage
Melon Pan: 0
2017 Female Favorite: Shiodome Miuna
2017 Male Favorite: Hikigaya Hachiman
Wish: May children never suffer.

Post by Just » Tue May 12, 2015 7:22 pm

And finally the 108 contestants are determined. Competition for the last batch was always close, and not surprisingly a number of surprises occurred.

===

1 LoveLive character from each group managed to advance, though none were really eye-popping. Nomination results gave high hopes to their supporters, but probably only Maki would turn out to be a top-notch contestant.

Several borderline RS characters from Nova were the lone representative of their series. Some were fulfilled, while some were rejected right at the door. Renge, for the second straight year, was eliminated on the last day of the Prelims. Same heartbreak for Puella Madoka and Gochumon fans, both series had decent performances but were denied at the entrance.

There were some more pleasant stories though. Origami managed to join her DAL mates to make a complete series return for another year, the same goes for Azusa and her HenNeko buddy Tsukiko. Satone was also able to take a spot, keeping Rikka company despite the loss of Sanae. Yukina, Est, Akame were able to grab a spot for their respective series. With the departure of Mikoto, Misaki became the only Toaru character to qualify for this year's RS. Finally, Marika became the top vote-getter in Nova, joining Chitoge and Kosaki to form a complete Nisekoi trio.

===

The strength difference in Stella was slightly more dispersed, so the top performers were more predictable, but still there were some surprises with the last RS seats.

Not a good day for Toaru. Last Order lost to Kirino for the spot in Stella 1 behind Haruhi and Mikan, while Kuroko lost to Nyarlathotep behind Holo and Yuki. Both Kirino and Nyaruko had not been performing well at all throughout the Prelims, but managed to step up when it mattered. Good for them both.

Ruiko also lost out to C.C. in Stella 3 behind Momo and Yui, though it was less of an upset as C.C. was expected to be stronger than her. All three who advanced in Stella 4 were HanaKanas, leaving Yui and Victorique in the dust.

===

The Male results were mostly as expected, and those who advanced were well deserved. Male 1 was the only group where there was some competition for third place, and Ken managed to beat Hayate and Kaito for the spot.

One thing to note though is the poor performance for Kuroko characters. Both Kuroko and Kise had a sudden boost in Prelim 2-3, but turns out no more than a mirage.

===

The Seeding matches are exciting because all characters are close in strength, but again it can be misleading because the results tell you little more than they are close, which we already knew to begin with.

Yoshino and Isuzu coming on top in Nova Seeding 1 was predictable, but I had expected Tsukiko to put up a fight. Instead she ranked only in front of Yuki, who was quite far behind from the other five in strength. Nonetheless, they shall still be good for around tier 3.

The rest of the Nova and Male Seedings are all unremarkable, seeing the vote difference between top and bottom are within 500. Stella, though, did manage to interest me. Taiga and Saber having quite a margin with the others in their group was expected, but I did not expect Eru and Eu to run so far ahead of the others in theirs. Eu had not been doing well throughout the early stages, but seems to be returning to her old self; Eru had her ups and downs, fluctuating quite a lot. Still, beating Hime and Shana by 500 is probably favourable for them to grab a spot in tier 2.

===

Winter turned out to be Saenai vs KanColle after all. Megumi and Kongo, their respective lead roles, eliminated Absolute Duo from the competition. The other two matches featuring both pairs of sidekicks resulted in a 1-1 draw, and even the VF% are similar. The last time we had such a competitive Seasonal series matchup might be dated back to 2013 Autumn, and is definitely bringing high hopes to those who are keeping an eye on Seasonals.
SpoilerShow
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Dusk252
Dryad
Dryad
Worships: Akemi Homura
Wish: to fix my messed-up life.

Post by Dusk252 » Tue May 12, 2015 9:55 pm

Nova 1:
Bad - Madoka out.
Good - Origami made it.
Nova 2:
Bad - Kyouko out.
Good - Nothing.
Nova 3:
Don't really care. Nice for Akame, I guess.
Nova 4:
Bad - Celty out.
Good - Shokuhou in again.

Stella 1:
Bad - Kirino and Mikan in.
Stella 2:
Bad - ...and in last place, damn it. Shit results.
Good - Holo and Nagato.
Stella 3:
Bad - C.C and Momo in.
Good - Menma out.
Stella 4:
Bad - Kobato in.
Good - I can continue holding my pet hate for Nadeko while voting for her in RS.

Male 1:
Whatever.
Male 2:
Bad - Kougami out.
Good - Izaya and Yato in.
Male 3:
Bad - Kyousuke out; Rentarou in.
Good - Shidou in.
Male 4:
Good - Shirou in.
Kordosa
Soul gem
Soul gem
Worships: Moriya Suwako's hat
2019 Female Favorite: Sakurajima Mai
2019 Male Favorite: Eugeo
2018 Female Favorite: Yamada Elf
2018 Male Favorite: Willem Kmetsch
2017 Female Favorite: Darkness
2017 Male Favorite: Roy Mustang
Wish: A third season of Spice and Wolf.

Post by Kordosa » Tue May 12, 2015 11:52 pm

Just wrote:And finally the 108 contestants are determined.
I'm probably the last person to notice that there were 108 contestants for this year's tournament, but I just wanted to point out how fitting that is give how significant that number is.
QuotesShow
Cirno wrote:*sinister laugh* Winning by only 47 votes is all part of my master plan. Now everyone will think I'm weak when, in fact, I'm the strongest. And then, when they least expect it, I'll strike back and take over the entire ISML. It's foolproof. Hahahaha, I'm such a genius!
Crisu wrote:And, of course, never merge an anti-cookie with a normal cookie. Serious consequence will occur.
shiraoky wrote:I'm always squeeing lol.
Metaler wrote:Seriously, if you're gonna do something badly, then don't bother doing it. It's like when you take a dump: you don't show it to other people specifically because it's shit!
Kordosa wrote:Protip: If a male high school student character is voiced by a female seiyuu, there is a 100% probability that that character will be forced to crossdress at some point.
RichardJoash
~Eye of Twilight~
~Eye of Twilight~
Badges:
Worships: Yaya, Asseylum, Hestia, Nao, Rory, Albedo and Stella Vermillion
Melon Pan: 45
2017 Female Favorite: Stella Vermillion
2017 Male Favorite: Kurogane Ikki
Wish: To let Subaru fans, Corvette and Camaro fans and Can-Am Spyder fans support Yaya to win the Heavenly Tiara and get those Turkeys off the Thanksgiving Menu

Post by RichardJoash » Wed May 13, 2015 10:20 am

WoodyMC wrote:guys, update ur favorites

I am adding Yaya as my favorite.
Kono Hoshi o Nameru na yo! Image Sankyuu, Hikarin!
Jiharo
Void mage
Void mage

Post by Jiharo » Wed May 13, 2015 2:48 pm

あなたは頭が悪いか
夜々夜々夜々
ヽ(`Д´)ノウルサイゾ!
Desufire
Shinigami
Shinigami
Badges:
Worships: Orihime Inoue
Melon Pan: 60
Wish: For sugar to not be unhealthy, and campaigning to be easier

Post by Desufire » Wed May 13, 2015 8:39 pm

Jiharo wrote:あなたは頭が悪いか
夜々夜々夜々
ヽ(`Д´)ノウルサイゾ!
Please don't call people names in other languages. If you want to bad mouth someone, do it in English since that's the common language here. KTHX
kanohistorm
Electromaster
Electromaster
Worships: Erika Sendou
Melon Pan: 181
Wish: a kookie?

Post by kanohistorm » Wed May 13, 2015 8:42 pm

done la, sir
spoiler alert :3