ImageImage
Worships: Sofia Jalapeno Viviage
Melon Pan: 4
Wish: To die... ASAP.

Re: Character Profiles 2016

Post by Reverend » Sat Mar 19, 2016 5:32 am

Mah Iroha-su
Isshiki IrohaShow
As one of the cuter girls in her school, the cunning Isshiki Iroha knows full well of how to make use of her forte. Most of the times, a foxy act of a clingy girl is all she needs to sweep any unwary males off their feet and make them do her bidding. Under the premise of purity, she deviously clawed her way to fame, getting all the power and high spot of the social strata and attention from that handsome boy she has a crush on.

But after an encounter with a certain upperclassman that understands her true self and still treats her fairly, she realized that she wants something real; something that is beyond the superficial, and she can call it ‘hers’ without doubt. Thus she begins her quest, away from the façade she was strong at. Slowly, she’s growing into a woman, one that can be a role model to her subordinate in the Seitokai. At the same time, she continues her relentless pursuit of love. She knows that it will be a journey full of disappointments. But she does not care; she is determined, and will turn every setback into her advantage. After all, she is still the cunning Isshiki Iroha.
Word count: 158.
Not final. Needs opinion(s).
Red = I'm still thinking if it's the best choice of word.

Is also still thinking of how far should I spoil the story.
It's hard picturing Iroha as she truly is without reading the LN.
SpoilerShow
After I read her part of the LN, I realized just how shit season 2 was. It advanced the superficial plot but failed to advance her own character development, leaving us to guess based on such little amount of "meaningful" information on her. (thanks to the skipped part.)
She is, by far, the most interesting heroine, and second most interesting character to follow, behind Hachiman. Yukinon & Yahallo could go to hell with their harem competition. Iroha is going to win because, no matter how much Hachiman has changed, he is still Hachiman. He's a sucker for Iroha type of girl (and he said so)

I still left out a few "implicit" details like:
- Iroha being socially bullied,
- Iroha "might have" fallen for Hachiman instead (according to the implicit meaning of Hayato's reply to Hachiman when Hachiman asked why did he (Hayato) reject her, and also she said that Hachiman scored 10 on a scale of 100 when she "trapped" him into a date, and that 10 is a bonus because she said she enjoyed it nonetheless. Shit this girl knows how to steal a man's heart.)
I'll put this on the word file later.
Last edited by Reverend on Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
Giving his love for life, and died dreaming about her in the end. A real happy man, right? ~
Toady
[School Idol Producer]
[School Idol Producer]
Badges:
Worships: Tsuruya-san
Melon Pan: 50
2017 Female Favorite: Nakano Azusa
2017 Male Favorite: Yang Wenli
Wish: A wedding for Nico & Maki

Post by Toady » Sat Mar 19, 2016 11:18 am

Hey,

Can I directly put my profiles on the Google Docs? That's what I did, but do we want to correct my English mistakes on the forums first?

Also, I'll try to write for Nao.
Much stuff (but Chibaka has more)Show
#Drunkard4Ever #ThanksKiwi
My Secret Santa is awesome :3

Hikarin <3
Thank you Secret Santa 2016 :3
Reverend
~Planetarian~
~Planetarian~
Badges:
ImageImage

Post by Reverend » Sat Mar 19, 2016 1:13 pm

Toady wrote:Hey,

Can I directly put my profiles on the Google Docs? That's what I did, but do we want to correct my English mistakes on the forums first?

I think you can, since usually it's Cytrus who does all the correction work. I just put mine here first so that I can get more input.

But make sure you tell people here whose profile you're about to write. We don't want clashes. :3
Giving his love for life, and died dreaming about her in the end. A real happy man, right? ~
Kiwigiwi
[Apteryx mantelli]
[Apteryx mantelli]
Badges:
ImageImageImageImage
Worships: Alphinaud's carbuncle
Melon Pan: 81
2018 Female Favorite: Akemi Homura
2018 Male Favorite: Kūjō Jōtarō
2017 Female Favorite: Kirigiri Kyōko
2017 Male Favorite: Heiwajima Shizuo
Wish: ZackRay

Post by Kiwigiwi » Sat Mar 19, 2016 2:22 pm

I'm currently in the midst of writing for Isla. Afterwards, I'll be writing for Saitama and Genos following Toady's rough predictions. I'll post the write ups on the docs along with the word count <3

♡ Secret Santa Daisuki ♡
SecretsShow
♫ Much love to my secret santa of 2016 ♥
Jiharo
Void mage
Void mage

Post by Jiharo » Sat Mar 19, 2016 6:53 pm

Momento10 wrote:For now, we can start off with the 8 auto-nominated girls and work from there. Anyone else is up to the discretion of the writer if s/he has some free time and is willing to take the gamble of throwing in a write-up for a non-auto-nominated character.

Would anyone like to tackle some of these contestants:
avery-kun wrote: Image Nase Mitsuki (Kyōkai no Kanata) Fall Champion
Image Tomori Nao (Charlotte) Summer Champion
Image Isla (Plastic Memories) Spring Champion
Image Katō Megumi (Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata) Winter Champion
Image Kongō (Kantai Collection) Winter Runner-up
Image Isshiki Iroha (OreGairu) Spring Runner-up
Image Doma Umaru (Himōto! Umaru-chan) Summer Runner-Up
Image Kujō Sakurako (Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa Shitai ga Umatteiru) Fall Runner Up

I'll take Katou Megumi.
Cytrus
Translator
Translator
Badges:
Melon Pan: 65

Post by Cytrus » Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:55 pm

Toady wrote:Hey,

Yes, feel free to upload everything to the docs, draft or not.

Because we can put all existent bios/drafts in one place, it's a good tool to confirm what's free and what's taken (especially now that a cross-out list is not exactly possible). We shouldn't expect everyone to read every single post to confirm this.

As such, the collaborative document can also serve as a reservation list. As always, we'd like to avoid "I'll do it one day" reservations, so input the character's name along with the current date. If a week goes by with no update, the reservation is void.

Of course, you are still free to copy-paste your updates (or just drop a line) here for everyone to see.

BTW, put a <by [Username]> at the end of the profile for communication purposes.
FF.net account:: Railgun, Higurashi/Umineko, Haruhi, L*S, HnG, Touhou...
Fuijiwara
[Ebb and Flow]
[Ebb and Flow]
Badges:
ImageImageImage
Worships: Fuijiwara no Mokou
Melon Pan: 2
Wish: Happiness~~

Post by Fuijiwara » Sun Mar 20, 2016 5:05 pm

By the ways guys, if you are stuck, you have free references from all the profiles of past and present characters so do use those as a way to improve your writing
2015 SilversShow
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
shadowhunter
~Shadow Crafter~
~Shadow Crafter~
Badges:
Melon Pan: 63

Post by shadowhunter » Tue Mar 22, 2016 3:07 pm

Momento10 wrote:For now, we can start off with the 8 auto-nominated girls and work from there. Anyone else is up to the discretion of the writer if s/he has some free time and is willing to take the gamble of throwing in a write-up for a non-auto-nominated character.

Would anyone like to tackle some of these contestants:
avery-kun wrote: Image Nase Mitsuki (Kyōkai no Kanata) Fall Champion
Image Tomori Nao (Charlotte) Summer Champion
Image Isla (Plastic Memories) Spring Champion
Image Katō Megumi (Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata) Winter Champion
Image Kongō (Kantai Collection) Winter Runner-up
Image Isshiki Iroha (OreGairu) Spring Runner-up
Image Doma Umaru (Himōto! Umaru-chan) Summer Runner-Up
Image Kujō Sakurako (Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa Shitai ga Umatteiru) Fall Runner Up
Can I take Kongo?
BugH
[Komoe's Apprentice]
[Komoe's Apprentice]
Badges:
ImageImage
Worships: Mental Out
Melon Pan: 13
2017 Female Favorite: Shokuhō Misaki
Wish: Unlimited Paper Works

Post by BugH » Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:37 pm

I will take Mitsuki...
two or three more days and i will free from these works....
:3
Image>Thanks to my secret santa<
shadowhunter
~Shadow Crafter~
~Shadow Crafter~
Badges:

Post by shadowhunter » Thu Mar 31, 2016 11:49 am

Kinda short profile of Kongō...Show
Kongō is the eldest of four sisters, goes ahead with nobility of British Battlecruiser. You would like that girl after her first appearance. She is extremely friendly, hyperactive and cheerful person. Kongō has long, brown hair bunched into two braided buns and wears miko uniform.

According to origin, our guest from England prefers tea and scones right at five o'clock. As Kongō being adorable, she is very romantic individual. It is not problem for Kongō to show her great feelings. So she can fight under your direction with the force of Burning Love!

"I like to drink tea, but my love for you is more important!"
blaZofgold
Space cowboy
Space cowboy
Badges:
Worships: God, the real one
2017 Female Favorite: Shiodome Miuna
Wish: Murphy's Law not to be always true

Post by blaZofgold » Sun Apr 03, 2016 7:04 pm

shadowhunter wrote:
Kinda short profile of Kongō...Show
Kongō is the eldest of four sisters, goes ahead with nobility of British Battlecruiser. You would like that girl after her first appearance. She is extremely friendly, hyperactive and cheerful person. Kongō has long, brown hair bunched into two braided buns and wears miko uniform.

According to origin, our guest from England prefers tea and scones right at five o'clock. As Kongō being adorable, she is very romantic individual. It is not problem for Kongō to show her great feelings. So she can fight under your direction with the force of Burning Love!

"I like to drink tea, but my love for you is more important!"
Great attempt, however, this isn't quite the kind of profile we're looking for...I suggest looking at past profiles to get an idea of the tone and language that's ideal.

I know Kongou is basically a browser-game character so she has very little character content, but we've managed to have a fleshed out profile for even Misaki Shokuhou, who has actually less than 5 minutes of total screen time. http://2015.internationalsaimoe.com/con ... uho_misaki" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

A few ideas:
1. Try to stay away from 1st and 2nd person pronouns (I, me, you) and their possesives (my, your, our) because they make the profile sound too casual
2. Instead of describing how she looks, weave that into describing more of her character. We have pictures, after all!
3. Take what you know about the character and discover the entire person behind it. Each character has a personality, what is it?
Cytrus
Translator
Translator
Badges:
Melon Pan: 65

Post by Cytrus » Sun Apr 03, 2016 7:18 pm

While we aren't all that strict about the profiles,
blaZofgold wrote:A few ideas:
1. Try to stay away from 1st and 2nd person pronouns (I, me, you) and their possesives (my, your, our) because they make the profile sound too casual
2. Instead of describing how she looks, weave that into describing more of her character. We have pictures, after all!
3. Take what you know about the character and discover the entire person behind it. Each character has a personality, what is it?
this is all sound advice.

BTW, Kongou has plenty of anime material and a drama CD, so no problem there.
FF.net account:: Railgun, Higurashi/Umineko, Haruhi, L*S, HnG, Touhou...
shadowhunter
~Shadow Crafter~
~Shadow Crafter~
Badges:

Post by shadowhunter » Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:20 am

blaZofgold wrote:
Great attempt, however, this isn't quite the kind of profile we're looking for...I suggest looking at past profiles to get an idea of the tone and language that's ideal.

I know Kongou is basically a browser-game character so she has very little character content, but we've managed to have a fleshed out profile for even Misaki Shokuhou, who has actually less than 5 minutes of total screen time. http://2015.internationalsaimoe.com/con ... uho_misaki" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

A few ideas:
Thanks for advice! However, when I was writing this profile, I focused at visual description. I guess it could be better if I make some attempts to understand her identity. Sorry, for wasting your time at this.
Just
[Kiwi's Melon]
[Kiwi's Melon]
Badges:
ImageImageImageImage
Melon Pan: 0
2017 Male Favorite: Hikigaya Hachiman
Wish: May children never suffer.

Post by Just » Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:51 am

shadowhunter wrote:Thanks for advice! However, when I was writing this profile, I focused at visual description. I guess it could be better if I make some attempts to understand her identity. Sorry, for wasting your time at this.
I'm not blaZ but I'm sure he won't mind and will feel the same: There's no need to be sorry about this! And time is definitely not wasted! Writing is a continuous learning process, you write and others give opinions, you reflect upon yourself and learn from the process. There's no need to feel unhappy if others think what you wrote could be improved! You won't know where you didn't do well enough if you didn't try, right? And now that you've tried, you know where to work on, and next time you write you'll be a better writer than this time. That makes all the time you spent, and all the time blaZ Cytrus and others have spent worth it. We look forward to your next attempt! Do try and write more! ^^
SpoilerShow
Image Image Image Image Image Image
blaZofgold
Space cowboy
Space cowboy
Badges:
Worships: God, the real one
Wish: Murphy's Law not to be always true

Post by blaZofgold » Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:45 am

shadowhunter wrote:Thanks for advice! However, when I was writing this profile, I focused at visual description. I guess it could be better if I make some attempts to understand her identity. Sorry, for wasting your time at this.
There's no such thing as wasted time when it comes to writing. I think its a wonderful thing to be able to read profiles and edit them and help writers improve and enjoy their writing even more. I definitely can feel your passion for writing, so that's why I was encouraged to comment and see if I can help you sharpen your writing skills. Keep it up!
Reverend
~Planetarian~
~Planetarian~
Badges:
ImageImage

Post by Reverend » Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:18 am

Done the basic idea for Iroha. am still thinking on many things: how much to spoil, style of writing, choice of words, etc.
Need opinion(s).

Btw, no one taking AnS characters? They probably will put at least Shirayuki in...
(Please, don't make me watch that thing again. ._.)

And I'm surprised I haven't see Woody writing for Hinata here. Season 2 is like strong guarantee for him to be in top 64.
*summons Woody*

It's not a tag, so if there's anyone who want to write for them, feel free. :)
Onodera HaruShow
[Onodera Quality Brand]
Otosaka YuuShow
[Looking for some words from Tomori's How to Speak Engrish Flash Dictionary]
Momento10
Electromaster
Electromaster
Badges:
ImageImageImageImage
Worships: Setsumi Sakura
Melon Pan: 88
2018 Female Favorite: Nishimiya Shōko
2018 Male Favorite: Sagara Sōsuke
2017 Female Favorite: Megumin
2017 Male Favorite: Zen Wistalia
Wish: ISML - A new face for the champion.
KBM - to revive
AST - to encourage international participation
IRL - My definition of peace and tranquility.

Post by Momento10 » Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:11 pm

Kamina (Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagaan)Show
Leaders are not born; they emerge from the ground with giant robots!

If life underground cannot contain Kamina’s free spirit, then the only way to go is up to the surface. While the land above is claimed to be dangerous, that does not stop the curious and adventurous Kamina from going up there to see the world for himself. And if he manages to return back to the underground world without a scratch, then more power to him.

Kamina may be a leader and a role model to some, but to others, he is a man with a heart bigger than himself. As much as the thrill of a rival or an uncharted world entices him, Kamina also knows when it is time to raise the spirits of his comrades before doing something dangerous. Above all else, he values the friendship and bonds he has created with the surface-dwellers and the underground-dwellers and wants to prove to each of them that there is a path where all can live harmoniously in the surface without violence or bloodshed

Until that day comes, he will keep fighting for his ideals, be it a fist fight or a robot showdown. After all, his dreams will pierce the heavens.
Natsume Kyousuke (Little Busters!)Show
His presence can only mean one thing: something fun is about to happen.

Even among his friends and acquaintances, Natsume Kyousuke is described as an enigma. One never knows what could be churning in his mind whenever something piques his interest. The result usually ends up in a series of contests and missions simply to end normal conflicts such as what to get for lunch or who could hang out with a certain person for the day. The collateral damage may be everyone participating in the event and becoming absorbed in Kyousuke’s world, but to Kyousuke, the more people are involved, the merrier everyone will be.

Although he mainly ends conversations with puzzles and challenges, he gave himself the greatest mission of them all: to nurture someone to take his place once he is not
there to guide them. He will have that person be involved in various situations he may not be able to mentally withstand, but Kyousuke would continue to have him go through it, for there are certain mysteries in this world that he cannot solve until all of the pieces fall into place.

Appearing out of nowhere, he rallies his comrades for their next activity. It’s time for their next mission to start!
Roronoa Zoro (One Piece)Show
The bounty hunter… becomes the bounty hunted.

To pirates and marines alive, Roronoa Zoro is the incarnation of the demon himself. With his unique three-sword-style skill, villains of many shapes and sizes have fallen to his blades. His strength is immeasurable; his feats, unmatched; his will, unshakeable.

On that note, it would be a shock to see how different his personality is while he is not in battle. Zoro is prone to sleep, directionally challenged, and simple-minded. The only thing he seems to know is how to fight, but Zoro actually prefers to settle things without the use of violence first. Zoro is a pacifist, not willing to draw his blade unless necessary. Zoro also has a strong sense of justice. If he sees something that goes against his moral compass, the accounted person will be sorry that he had seen what occurred.

Zoro dreams of becoming the best swordsman in the world, a dream shared by one whom be cares about the most. To fulfill this dream and legacy, he will go through any obstacle for it to come true. With the blade of his friend by his side, Zoro is armed for anything coming his way.
Hatake Kakashi (Naruto)Show
The Copy Ninja, feared by many nations and blacklisted in all, can easily be found reading the latest if his favorite novel, wondering how to toy with his students next.

Hakate Kakashi rarely emits a menacing aura. Laid back and composed, Kakashi has a tendency to be late in meetings and losing track of time. This would be considered odd behavior from him as he was the son of a renowned ninja; however, Kakashi always finishes the tasks given to him, no matter what the duty is.

It is hard to further realize that this carefree ninja was once an arrogant kid who cared about nothing but perfection. A loss of a fallen comrade only made him realize the importance of friendship and teamwork, something that he rarely considered in a kill or be killed world. Understanding that humility is just as important as knowledge,
Kakashi turned over a new leaf, becoming the composed, yet dangerous ninja known by all today.

When a mission requires his assistance, Kakashi wastes little time getting it done while making sure there are as minimal casualties as possible. When he puts away his favorite book, one knows that he is about to get serious. As the saying goes, never wake up a sleeping wolf.
shadowhunter
~Shadow Crafter~
~Shadow Crafter~
Badges:

Post by shadowhunter » Fri Apr 08, 2016 5:06 am

Just wrote: I'm not blaZ but I'm sure he won't mind and will feel the same: There's no need to be sorry about this! And time is definitely not wasted! Writing is a continuous learning process, you write and others give opinions, you reflect upon yourself and learn from the process. There's no need to feel unhappy if others think what you wrote could be improved! You won't know where you didn't do well enough if you didn't try, right? And now that you've tried, you know where to work on, and next time you write you'll be a better writer than this time. That makes all the time you spent, and all the time blaZ Cytrus and others have spent worth it. We look forward to your next attempt! Do try and write more! ^^
blaZofgold wrote: There's no such thing as wasted time when it comes to writing. I think its a wonderful thing to be able to read profiles and edit them and help writers improve and enjoy their writing even more. I definitely can feel your passion for writing, so that's why I was encouraged to comment and see if I can help you sharpen your writing skills. Keep it up!
Thanks for support, guys! I had some things at this week, but now I'm free. I'll try to write something better at weekend.
Momento10
Electromaster
Electromaster
Badges:
ImageImageImageImage
Worships: Setsumi Sakura
Melon Pan: 88
2018 Female Favorite: Nishimiya Shōko
2018 Male Favorite: Sagara Sōsuke
2017 Female Favorite: Megumin
2017 Male Favorite: Zen Wistalia
Wish: ISML - A new face for the champion.
KBM - to revive
AST - to encourage international participation
IRL - My definition of peace and tranquility.

Post by Momento10 » Sat Apr 09, 2016 11:38 pm

Kasumigaoka Utaha (Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata)Show
Tall. Check. Long Black Hair. Check. A Senior. Check. Beautiful. Check. Gives off a “far away to reach” aura. Check. Has a junior who admires her yet is indecisive whether or not to approach her in a romantic way. Check. Is in love with said junior, but he is too dense to realize her feelings. Check. Has to compete with other girls of different archetypes who are pursuing said junior. Check.

Yes, Kasumigaoka Utaha fits the category of the alluring senior to the T, but her real life romance story does not go as smoothly as her best-selling novels. Renowned for writing works that sold millions of copies, one would think that she would be perceptive about the choices people make around her and be able to foresee what is to come. Alas, the human heart tends to overcome reason, and Utaha falls into the same traps that the characters in her novels would have made.

Although a romantic, Utaha is very strict, particularly to herself. She wants everything to be precise and accurate, from a school play to helping someone gain ideas on how to get a certain someone out from a slump. She will not take anything less than perfect. Maybe this is way she appears hard to grasp. Someone as flawless her might make people second guess whether or not to approach her.

Above all else, Utaha is determined to turn the events to her favor and win his heart. After all, if she is able to play the story to her direction, she is sure to win.
Arima Kousei (Shigatsu wa Kimi ni Uso)Show
Be careful what you wish for, you might just get it.

A spur of the moment response and the events that followed was enough to traumatize Arima Kousei to be unfit to play the piano. A touch of the keyboard was enough to recall the days of the past, both the good times and the bad. With the bad memories overriding the good more often than not, what used to be his favorite pastime just to make his mother smile became a curse that he may never get rid of.

An encounter with an unconventional girl had Kousei question whether or not it was okay to continue like his. Yes, his talent may be wasted, and there are other opportunities out there if he wanted to continue to pursue music, but was he willing to have his past haunt him forever? Kousei knows that this cannot go on much longer, but he is afraid that if he returns to the world of competitive performance once more, the past would only repeat itself, and he may be left with more grief than before.

With the help from his friends, Kousei decides to take one step forward to the world of competitive music once again. If he is going to overcome his fears, he will do so in the grandest stage of them all.
Usui Takumi (Kai-chou wa Maid-sama)Show
Who is the mysterious man sitting in the counter at the back, eyeing on the woman whose part-time job contrasts her position in school?

Born with beauty and brains, Usui Takumi chose a more laid-back lifestyle, pursuing a life of aimless adventure rather than a diligent student. If he wanted to, he could easily be student council president, as he has all the criteria needed for it; however, Takumi prefers not to warrant too much attention, but to sit back and watch everything unfold. After all, it is a lot more fun to tease someone and pull his or her strings than to hold multiple burdens on one’s shoulders.

Despite acting like a loose cannon, Takumi is very loyal and keeps his words. If he said that he will not tell anyone his or her secret, he will not unless given permission to. Even when things seem to go a bit too far, Takumi knows when to pull back and control the situation to a comfortable and relaxed place. Above all else, Takumi is reliable. If he sees someone in trouble, he will do whatever it takes to help him or her out of his or her predicament. He wants to make sure all ends well.

Maybe Takumi has a more student council-like mentality that others may not have realized, but he will never tell anyone about it. After all, it is a secret.
Ayasaki Hayate (Hayate no Gotoku)Show
His parents went into deep debt. They sent the debt over to their son. They ran away from said son so debt collectors can chase after him. Can Ayasaki Hayate’s life get any worse?

A chance encounter with a girl on a snowy evening may just be the salvation Hayate was looking for when all things seem lost. As thanks for saving her from a group of kidnappers, he is given the opportunity to work as her butler. From taking care of a white tiger to getting his lady to wake up from school, the life of a butler may not be as simple as he imagined. Even so, as long as he is able to repay his debt and his mistress, Hayate will go through any lengths to make it through to the next day.

Hayate is known for his kindness and his humility. There is not one person that he would not help, no matter how small the task may be. Hayate is selfless, putting other people’s concerns and happiness over his own, which may be why he can be gullible at times. Hayate is willing to go above and beyond the call of duty, especially when his mademoiselle is in danger. Whenever she calls his name, it is up to him to be at her aid in a blink of an eye.

So begins the next chapter of Hayate’s life: how a poor boy with no direction became a man rich in opportunity and purpose.
Last edited by Momento10 on Mon Apr 11, 2016 7:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jiharo
Void mage
Void mage

Post by Jiharo » Sun Apr 10, 2016 4:19 am

Momento10 wrote:
Kasumigaoka Utaha (Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata)Show
Tall. Check. Long Black Hair. Check. A Senior. Check. Beautiful. Check. Gives off a “far away to reach” aura. Check. Has a junior who admires her yet is indecisive whether or not to approach her in a romantic way. Check. Is in love with said junior, but he is too dense to realize her feelings. Check. Has to compete with other girls of different archetypes who are pursuing said junior. Check.

Yes, Kasumigaoka Utaha fits the category of the alluring senior to the T, but her real life romance story does not go as smoothly as her best-selling novels. Renowned for writing works that sold millions of copies, one would think that she would be perceptive about the choices people make around her and be able to foresee what is to come. Alas, the human heart tends to overcome reason, and Utaha falls into the same traps that the characters in her novels would have made.

Although a romantic, Utaha is very strict, particularly to herself. She wants everything to be precise and accurate, from a school play to helping someone gain ideas on how to get a certain someone out from a slump. She will not take anything less than perfect. Maybe this is way she appears hard to grasp. Someone as flawless her might make people second guess whether or not to approach her.

Above all else, Utaha is determined to turn the events to her favor and win his heart. After all, if she is able to play the story to her direction, she is sure to win.
Arima Kousei (Shigatsu wa Kimi ni Uso)Show
Be careful what you wish for, you might just get it.

A spur of the moment response and the events that followed was enough to traumatize Arima Kousei to be unfit to play the piano. A touch of the keyboard was enough to recall the days of the past, both the good times and the bad. With the bad memories overriding the good more often than not, what used to be his favorite pastime just to make his mother smile became a curse that he may never get rid of.

An encounter with an unconventional girl had Kousei question whether or not it was okay to continue like his. Yes, his talent may be wasted, and there are other opportunities out there if he wanted to continue to pursue music, but was he willing to have his past haunt him forever? Kousei knows that this cannot go on much longer, but he is afraid that if he returns to the world of competitive performance once more, the past would only repeat itself, and he may be left with more grief than before.

With the help from his friends, Kousei decides to take one step forward to the world of competitive music once again. If he is going to overcome his fears, he will do so in the grandest stage of them all.
Usui Tamaki (Kai-chou wa Maid-sama)Show
Who is the mysterious man sitting in the counter at the back, eyeing on the woman whose part-time job contrasts her position in school?

Born with beauty and brains, Usui Tamaki chose a more laid-back lifestyle, pursuing a life of aimless adventure rather than a diligent student. If he wanted to, he could easily be student council president, as he has all the criteria needed for it; however, Tamaki prefers not to warrant too much attention, but to sit back and watch everything unfold. After all, it is a lot more fun to tease someone and pull his or her strings than to hold multiple burdens on one’s shoulders.

Despite acting like a loose cannon, Tamaki is very loyal and keeps his words. If he said that he will not tell anyone his or her secret, he will not unless given permission to. Even when things seem to go a bit too far, Tamaki knows when to pull back and control the situation to a comfortable and relaxed place. Above all else, Tamaki is reliable. If he sees someone in trouble, he will do whatever it takes to help him or her out of his or her predicament. He wants to make sure all ends well.

Maybe Tamaki has a more student council-like mentality that others may not have realized, but he will never tell anyone about it. After all, it is a secret.
Ayazaki Hayate (Hayate no Gotoku)Show
His parents went into deep debt. They sent the debt over to their son. They ran away from said son so debt collectors can chase after him. Can Ayazaki Hayate’s life get any worse?

A chance encounter with a girl on a snowy evening may just be the salvation Hayate was looking for when all things seem lost. As thanks for saving her from a group of kidnappers, he is given the opportunity to work as her butler. From taking care of a white tiger to getting his lady to wake up from school, the life of a butler may not be as simple as he imagined. Even so, as long as he is able to repay his debt and his mistress, Hayate will go through any lengths to make it through to the next day.

Hayate is known for his kindness and his humility. There is not one person that he would not help, no matter how small the task may be. Hayate is selfless, putting other people’s concerns and happiness over his own, which may be why he can be gullible at times. Hayate is willing to go above and beyond the call of duty, especially when his mademoiselle is in danger. Whenever she calls his name, it is up to him to be at her aid in a blink of an eye.

So begins the next chapter of Hayate’s life: how a poor boy with no direction became a man rich in opportunity and purpose.

Usui's name is Takumi, not Tamaki