Badges:
ImageImage
Worships: Abriel Nei Debrusc Borl Paryun Lafiel
Melon Pan: 75
2018 Female Favorite: Chtholly Nota Seniorious
2018 Male Favorite: Yang Wenli
2017 Female Favorite: Tomori Nao
2017 Male Favorite: Yang Wenli
Wish: More people being open to alternatives and compromises.

Possible new way of handling Contestant profiles in 2017

Post by maglor » Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:06 am

Please comment on following option.

In 2017, instead of trying to handle everything in nice steps, we can do go by what is available method. Here is the basic outline.

When nomination period is over, we will have around 100 characters in each division. We will start by creating the list of their name, series, and pictures, and when you click into them, at first, their basic skeleton information is available: i.e., character voice, past saimoe records, and any other basic facts. If we already have contestant profile pictures and write-ups, they will be shown . If we don't then those will be blank for the starter. At every week or two, the contestant profiles will be updated based on following three things: Profile picture submission, write-ups submission, and if applicable, notable match update. Some staff members will be assigned to be primarily in charge of the contestant profile updates. Two person I would specially like to ask for help would be our match-writeup editors, Momento and RailWarrior. They would be responsible for the quality of write-ups. Another thing they can exercise discretion is at what to show in the past saimoe records and notable matches, if there is too many of them. I would like to propose that, of all the records and notable matches that meets the typical criteria for the inclusion, only about the most important 8 to 12 be shown, with others hidden behind a spoiler tab to not overload the profile page with those records.

Please Comment
Momento10
Electromaster
Electromaster
Badges:
ImageImageImageImage
Worships: Setsumi Sakura
Melon Pan: 88
2018 Female Favorite: Nishimiya Shōko
2018 Male Favorite: Sagara Sōsuke
2017 Female Favorite: Megumin
2017 Male Favorite: Zen Wistalia
Wish: ISML - A new face for the champion.
KBM - to revive
AST - to encourage international participation
IRL - My definition of peace and tranquility.

Re: Possible new way of handling Contestant profiles in 2017

Post by Momento10 » Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:53 am

As long as this idea can be implemented for the 2016 edition of the contenders, I'm up for it. We've already have all but two people left to write about; we might as well put it to good use. Better late than never...
Reverend
~Planetarian~
~Planetarian~
Badges:
ImageImage
Worships: Sofia Jalapeno Viviage
Melon Pan: 4
Wish: To die... ASAP.

Post by Reverend » Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:02 am

So... I read this as the profile page will be rotated and edited once in a while.

How will submission be handled?
Giving his love for life, and died dreaming about her in the end. A real happy man, right? ~
blaZofgold
Space cowboy
Space cowboy
Badges:
Worships: God, the real one
Melon Pan: 50
2017 Female Favorite: Shiodome Miuna
Wish: Murphy's Law not to be always true

Post by blaZofgold » Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:12 am

This is just an idea, and it sounds really weird, but maybe we could assign people submissions and give a definitive deadline instead of just simply opening it up for anyone...that's if we're concerned about having submissions in on time and stuff. I'm under the impression that we'll have fewer profiles to write in the upcoming years since we've written the bulk of them already.
maglor
~Fukou da~
~Fukou da~
Badges:
ImageImage
Worships: Abriel Nei Debrusc Borl Paryun Lafiel
Melon Pan: 75
2018 Female Favorite: Chtholly Nota Seniorious
2018 Male Favorite: Yang Wenli
2017 Female Favorite: Tomori Nao
2017 Male Favorite: Yang Wenli
Wish: More people being open to alternatives and compromises.

Post by maglor » Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:26 am

blaZofgold wrote:This is just an idea, and it sounds really weird, but maybe we could assign people submissions and give a definitive deadline instead of just simply opening it up for anyone...that's if we're concerned about having submissions in on time and stuff. I'm under the impression that we'll have fewer profiles to write in the upcoming years since we've written the bulk of them already.
I am not against the idea of assigning "principal caretaker" to each of the contestants for their profile and updating of their records. Soft deadlines can be set, since we really don't have much of mean of enforcing a "hard" deadline. If this idea is adopted, that would require momento, Railwarrior, and perhaps Cytrus and blaz to manage assignments and deadlines, however, as at the moment, I am swamped with many other things to do.