It's okay, the real battle is the regular season. :3
ithekro
Strike witch
Strike witch
Badges:
Melon Pan: 50

Re: RESULTS - Seeding 1

Post by ithekro » Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:29 am

It is early yet...for Ushio I mean. It wasn't exactly an easy group. We shall she if the tide turns for her when facing one on one.
Space Opera
Team Rocket Elite
Moon princess
Moon princess
Badges:
Worships: Bernkastel
Wish: dried plums to go with the tea.

Post by Team Rocket Elite » Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:57 am

Ushio won't have the power to compete in the Round Robin tournament. Maybe if it was a 64 character tournament there would be a couple weaker characters she could deal with, but there won't be many in a 50 character tournament. I guess she's still probably stronger than Nodoka and Mihoko. I guess Ushio might be strong enough to put up a fight against Saten Ruiko. Shinku and Isumi for Prelim Phase 2 also aren't that strong and they'll probably make the round robin. Ushio is still going to finish near the bottom even if a couple weak characters sneak into the round robin.
A miracle that you believe in when you know it won't happen......... is hope.
Kaito_Dash
Dojikko
Dojikko
Worships: Fate Testarossa

Post by Kaito_Dash » Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:45 am

Various Thoughts of Mine:

Mio's debut was fantastic.
Shana and Hinagiku sure met expectations.

Fate and Kyou are quite below expectation.
It does not tell much without 1-1 match, but this makes their status as big-name shaking.

Tomoyo did quite well, it seems that CLANNAD are still some power.
Glad to see Mikoto finished in Top 8. If things go on like this, she might end up being Tier 1 or Wild Card.

Seitokai are not very powerful against big names, but Mafuyu rocks.

I'm in despair with Saki.
We have 2 of them, and it turned out that they ridiculously finished at the bottom...
ImageImage
rainbowizard
Assassin
Assassin
Worships: Okazaki Nagisa
Wish: All I wanted was one moment of happiness! Why! Why can't I be happy!?

Post by rainbowizard » Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:54 am

Anti-votes greatly affect to 1 vs 1 matches. For example, in Haruhi vs. Rena, Rena can gain many votes from people who hate Haruhi, so it is not impossible for Rena to be as strong as Haruhi. (In Korea Best Moe 2009, Haruhi defeated Rena by 1403-1393.)
Ushio is strong at 1 vs 1 because she can get a lot of opponent's anti-votes. No one hates Okazaki's little cute daughter.
ithekro wrote:We shall she if the tide turns for her when facing one on one.
Japanese word ushio means "tide". The tide must turn for Ushio. :love:
melange
Artisan
Artisan
Badges:
Worships: Iwakura Lain
Wish: White Queen & Black Queen

Post by melange » Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:58 am

bluemage wrote:The Saki girls though are going to get annihilated.
On a chinese forum that's watching ISML there was this comment "麻将就是今年的春日步" -> "Mahjong (Saki) is the new Kasuga Ayumu" lol
The Dancing Doll of the Infirmary - Higanbana
Eisdrache
Translator
Translator
Melon Pan: 55

Post by Eisdrache » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:37 am

ithekro wrote:Group D was probably the most heavily staked group with three high vote totals and three relatively low vote totals, I think B Group has the highest vote totals but it could be A Group. C and E group seems to have the lowest with D group in the middle.
You are pretty good at guessing.
Vote totals:

A: 9685 (2)
B: 9693 (1)
C: 9587 (4)
D: 9604 (3)
E: 9539 (5)

Overall votes are very close to each other.
ithekro
Strike witch
Strike witch
Badges:

Post by ithekro » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:57 am

154 vote difference between top and bottom, eh? Since each person has two votes per group, that should equal 77 voters. That a lot different that the 1,00 or so voter difference between high and low matches in the Preliminaries and last year's Diamond matches.
Space Opera
Toady
[School Idol Producer]
[School Idol Producer]
Badges:
Worships: Tsuruya-san
2020 Female Favorite: Nagato Yuki
2020 Male Favorite: Ishigami Yū
2019 Female Favorite: Nakano Azusa
2019 Male Favorite: Kyon
2018 Female Favorite: Rem
2018 Male Favorite: Roy Mustang
Wish: A wedding for Nico & Maki

Post by Toady » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:32 am

I'm not surprised that the Saki girls didn't do better, we could tell form Phase I with pathetic Saki, Yuuki and Kana results. Amae Korome did ok, but she had some weak opponents.

But I'm really surprised that Mikuru is last !!! I didn't expect her to win this, but being behind Kurimu... That's so sad.

And I knew that Mio was very strong, but she just did better that Taiga and Yuki ! Yeah, just that.

Good result for Sengoku Nadeko too (though she's 4th...) She's quite close to Nagi's level, that's going to be interesting.

It also seems that Misaka Mikoto will shine better than last year. I hope this stays tru when the Railgun anime will be over.

In Bracket E, Saber certainly won because votes were split between the others. It's a very good result though. But I don't think she would win against Azusa or Kyou...
Much stuff (but Chibaka has more)Show
#Drunkard4Ever #ThanksKiwi
My Secret Santa is awesome :3

Hikarin <3
Thank you Secret Santa 2016 :3
maikun
Meganekko
Meganekko
Worships: Kotori Shirakawa
Wish: Finding the legendary tree :)

Post by maikun » Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:12 pm

Happy Tomoyo lead her group... lol suprise to see mafuyu beating yui... minatsu 5th in her group :(
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ilkaid
Paladin
Paladin
Worships: Furude Hanyū
Wish: More free time

Post by ilkaid » Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:28 pm

So Shana wins :)

But the results for Saki fail horribly, unsuprising but still...
Umi
Void mage
Void mage
Worships: Ichinose Kotomi

Post by Umi » Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:43 pm

More people are jumping on Mikoto's bandwagon after Railgun aired. :P

Mafuyu > Holo/Yui is fail.
LiuXuande
Cardcaptor
Cardcaptor

Post by LiuXuande » Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:33 pm

It's hilarious and sad at the same time how the Saki girls were crushing every opponent in their path in Saimoe Japan last year, so much that everyone thought China would storm and try to get a Saki final four...and they can't even get a decent seed (some of whom can't even hold their own in the prelims...) in ISML.
Cassiopeia
Combat butler
Combat butler
Worships: Tennos "A-tan" Athena

Post by Cassiopeia » Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:05 pm

LiuXuande wrote:It's hilarious and sad at the same time how the Saki girls were crushing every opponent in their path in Saimoe Japan last year, so much that everyone thought China would storm and try to get a Saki final four...and they can't even get a decent seed (some of whom can't even hold their own in the prelims...) in ISML.
Majong is almost unknown in the world outside China and Japan, so Saki girls would need a very strong support from China and Taiwan, since they may struggle in other countries. Well I guess Saki even failed to get support from those two countries as well, but I kinda understand, since Saki's majong game scenes are impossible to understand without basic Majong knowledge. I don't know much about Majong either, so I didn't get surprised whenever Saki girls had those impossible hands :) Saki is enjoyable for just watching its amazing casts, but the cast alone may not be enough to compete against other high profile anime series.

I think it is a bit of waste that Saki girls even got the guaranteed spots to the regular season based on their performance. If they also competed in the preliminary, they may not even make it into the regular season at all.

BUT yeah I agree Saki needs more recognition. I love some of the Saki girls, so I even nominated and supported Takei Hisa even if I knew she would fail.
Image Credit to Awesome Hikarin <3 ISML2011 FINAL <3
ithekro
Strike witch
Strike witch
Badges:

Post by ithekro » Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:05 pm

Majong is known, but it is a game played by old women in every instance I've encountered it.
Space Opera
Fate
Moon princess
Moon princess
Badges:
Melon Pan: 105
2020 Female Favorite: Aisaka Taiga
2020 Male Favorite: Hei
2019 Female Favorite: Aisaka Taiga
2019 Male Favorite: Sakata Gintoki
2018 Female Favorite: Aisaka Taiga
2018 Male Favorite: Sakata Gintoki
Wish: Perpetual joy for friends and family

Post by Fate » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:09 pm

If Demi.'s not upset, then it's a-okay.
ImageALL HAIL FATE T. HARLAOWN!Image
[url=irc://irc.rizon.net/Feitoism]#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net[/url]
bluemage
Intelligent device
Intelligent device
Worships: Reimu Hakurei
Wish: A happy and peaceful life.

Post by bluemage » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:51 pm

melange wrote:On a chinese forum that's watching ISML there was this comment "麻将就是今年的春日步" -> "Mahjong (Saki) is the new Kasuga Ayumu" lol
LOL I can actually understand that comment even without the translation, being a Chinese voter from Canada. :P Regardless, I will support Nodoka as much as I can.
Fate wrote:If Demi.'s not upset, then it's a-okay.
I definitely know what you mean. :lol:
Splitter wrote:I hope you assholes are proud of yourselves.
Looks like the hate from MyAnimeList has extended to even here. These matches are only for seeding purposes after all. Who knows what may happen in the regular season for any of the characters.
Cassiopeia wrote:I think it is a bit of waste that Saki girls even got the guaranteed spots to the regular season based on their performance. If they also competed in the preliminary, they may not even make it into the regular season at all.
Still, it was fair how the auto-qualifiers were determined, even if it is a waste. This just shows that the demographics of the three main Saimoe tournaments can be very different.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
#1<---------- ISML 2012 Top 8! ---------->#8 ---------- #8<---------- ISML 2012 Bottom 8! ---------->#16
Character Cards & Signature Slivers Made by Marinara, Hikari-chan & melange
Participant from 2008-2012
Demi.
Intelligent device
Intelligent device
Wish: To hug Fate-chan

Post by Demi. » Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:05 am

bluemage wrote:
Fate wrote:If Demi.'s not upset, then it's a-okay.
I definitely know what you mean. :lol:
What does it mean? -_-
hinakatbklyn
Incubator
Incubator
Melon Pan: 55

Post by hinakatbklyn » Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:41 am

Toady wrote:
It also seems that Misaka Mikoto will shine better than last year. I hope this stays tru when the Railgun anime will be over.
The added screentime for Hinagiku in Season 2, may have been the reason for her winning 2009 ISML last year. If there was a specific reason, I would point to her singing performance in one of the episodes.

While the railgun series has boosted Mikoto's chances to do well in the regular season, I have my suspicions that she may try and copy Hinagiku with her own performance in the most previous episode (even if the performance was only instrumental). I wonder if it would boost her stats even more than what they already are (maybe Top 16 range). (too early in ISML to assume)
Last edited by hinakatbklyn on Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cassiopeia
Combat butler
Combat butler
Worships: Tennos "A-tan" Athena

Post by Cassiopeia » Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:45 am

bluemage wrote:
Cassiopeia wrote:I think it is a bit of waste that Saki girls even got the guaranteed spots to the regular season based on their performance. If they also competed in the preliminary, they may not even make it into the regular season at all.
Still, it was fair how the auto-qualifiers were determined, even if it is a waste. This just shows that the demographics of the three main Saimoe tournaments can be very different.
no I don't mean it's unfair, and I agree this shows the difference in demographics in 3 Saimoe tournaments.

However, if this pattern continues, ISML may need to reduce the number of auto-qualified spots assigned to two other Saimoe's top performers.
Including top performers from other leagues makes sense, since ISML is supposed to be the international tournament which also represents voters from the other two but lack of participation from Japan kinda ruin the results unfortunately. :(

SOO Please support Saki more :) I hope Takei Hisa qualifies to the regular season.
Image Credit to Awesome Hikarin <3 ISML2011 FINAL <3