Wan Wan Wan
Badges:
ImageImage
Worships: Kinomoto Sakura
Melon Pan: 50
Wish: Fluency in Japanese

[CLOSED] Exhibition Match Suggestions

Post by Crisu » Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:26 pm

Exhibition matches have been scheduled already for the Regular Season, but there are still spots open at the moment for matches that will take place during Double Elimination. Given the new series airing this spring, summer, and perhaps even the fall season, we should have no trouble filling in these spots with exciting matchups.

However, it's still possible we might overlook or undervalue somebody unintentionally. So I'm opening a thread to take suggestions. Nobody listed here will be guaranteed to appear, but we will look here in case we do end up a few characters short.

So: What characters (or specific matchups) would you like to see in exhibition matches this year?
ImageImage
Signature by Hikari-chan
Last Sinner
Temple priestess
Temple priestess

Re: Exhibition Match Suggestions

Post by Last Sinner » Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:28 pm

Thanks for making this thread, Crisu.

My idea for the six matches I've thought up was to have two similar characters square off in each case with a suitable theme that matches both. Also wanted to shed light ona couple fo characters I'd like to see some people know more about and some characters that are liked by the anime club I go to frequently. Match descrptions are by no means complete. I've whipped them up over a few hours tonight since Crisu was kind enough to allow this option for discussion and I didn't want to leave him waiting. Hope people like them and that maybe some will appear as an actual match in the future. Peace.

1. Hiiragi (Hanamaru Kindergarten) vs Silvia (Earth Defender Mao Chan)

‘Forever young…I want to be forever young…’

Isn’t it intriguing that it’s sometimes the side character that ends up being more loved than the main characters? Yet if these characters had a show dedicated to them as a main, it would still work. In this case, the deadpan faces and intelligent yet zany antics of Hiiragi and Silvia were key to their charm. They were both spacey and dreaming of far away/abstract places. They were both far more capable than their teachers/peers. They both exuded that mix of childlike innocence and ‘kids say the darnest things’ in ample amounts. But their unique characteristics made them special. Hiiragi had that rare knack of stealting the show from the main characters every time she came up on the screen with her penchant for cute cosplay, cutting words of wisdom and that glimmer in here eye whenever space was involved, making her a standout character of 2010. Whereas Silvia’s constant stream of abstract comments, eternally dream-like face and casual yet precise approach to a situation gave her an edge nearly a decade ago. So the question is – which is the true little charmer?

2. Hoi Hoi-san (Interceptor-Doll Hoi Hoi-san) vs Guchuko (Potemayo)

‘I’m more than just a cute face, you know’

One glance at either of these two cuties could leave you thinking they were sweet and innocent. Yet there was far more to them than that. As people slept, Hoi Hoi-san wielded her machine guns and her squeaky boots, exterminating any insect in her wake. While when people were awake, Guchuko silently wielded her scythe and wreaked random havoc in her ever-inquisitive adventures. In the end, they both had a big heart – even if one was a robot and the other was a little devil. Not to mention being inches tall. Yet it was the fact those two got up to such mischief that made their respective series fun. And we wouldn’t have it any other way. One has ended up scoring a revival with figure releases while the other has become a meme favourite. They have left their mark in anime history, but which is mightier when the two would have to face each other – the gun or the scythe?

3. Yuri (Angel Beats) vs Rio (Sora no Woto)

‘I believe in tomorrow…and that I will create it’

Both emerging within a few months of the other, it is almost spooky how alike these two are. Both are fierce yet caring leaders with plenty of spirit. Both are skilled in combat. Both have major chips on their shoulders from very tragic pasts. Both are striving against a cold reality, refusing to let destiny forge their future and to show others the way forward. Both learn that their way wasn’t always the only way. It’s that mix of sharpness, occasional tenderness and defiance that give those two their insatiable spark. Anyone that knew them felt it – two kind souls that had been hardened by life, but not defeated by any means. Their charges mean everything to them and they take a fairly personal interest in them – to the point it begins to rub off on them. To see them grow out of their shell is the key to their appeal. Whose desire to live for tomorrow burns brighter in your eyes?

4. Haruka (Minami-ke) vs Sanae (Clannad)

‘I’m glad that you were born’

Life doesn’t always turn out the way people expect it to. For these two women, it certainly didn’t. Both willingly gave up on their dreams to live for others – for their family. And with that came maternal strength and limitless warmth. Both were loved and treasured by anyone that knew them. Their sacrifices turned them into better people in the long run – as if it was what they were always meant to be. Reliable, loving, kind, naturally beautiful – words that aptly describe these two. Although Haruka was still full of vibrant youth and ambition to a degree, whereas Sanae was content with a simple life and her loved ones. One was a master cook while the other was anything but. One was virtually impervious while the other was rather sensitive. Who will you want a warm hug from?

5. Rinko (Love Plus) vs Shiki (Kara no Kyoukai)

‘There’s more than one side to me…that wants to be loved’

First impressions matter, but they don’t always last. To most of their peers, Rinko and Shiki were cold, crude and not worth their time of day. Yet to the one person that did bother to get to know them, a completely different side to the story was found. That there was an equally tender, gentle side that had been worn down by grim reality. Both were on the verge of self-destruction and quietly crying for help, even if they would never admit it. They were hard to get along with and could really test one’s endurance. But if you could last the journey, the rewards were well worth it for daring to care about them. For it is the flaws that make up the charm of these two as much as their strengths do. Along with the satisfaction of helping them like themselves again. Rinko’s ever present iPod, her fandom of punk music/fashion, her skill at fighting games, her sometimes caustic words, her hypnotic gaze. Versus Shiki’s cardigan, her skill at real fighting, her equally caustic temperament, her love of traditional wear and her pursuit of justice. Time to choose who you would be willing to endure hell for.

6. Hinagiku (Hanamaru Kindergarten) vs Aoi (Ai Yori Aoshi)

‘I’ve loved you from the moment I met you…’

Have you ever met a person he left you so in awe of them that you’d move heaven and earth to do anything for them to make them feel safe and loved? That is the vibe these two give off in spades. Both are modest, kind females that warm the hearts of their family and friends instantly. Both versatile and full of passionate love. But they are miles apart in age and life experience. Hinagiku is more like the daughter you’d risk yourself at any moment to shield from the world and to make her happy. Aoi would be the wife you’d come home to every day, thank your lucky stars that she chose you and spend your life making her happy in return. Longing and protection are definitely key to these two. Who is the one you want to protect and treasure?
Bastion
Titan
Titan
Badges:
Wish: People who actually want to do their jobs.

Post by Bastion » Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:09 pm

Would it be too early to suggest Anri and Celty from Durarara as exhibition contenders?
And Izumi of Hayate no Gotoku (Hata himself has stated in the manga that Izumi's supposed to be the moe character of the series).
Edit: If you need further proof, read the latest chapter of the manga. I think even Mio would give up the title just to get away from the sugar overload.
Yui of Angel Beats seems like a shoe in for next year, putting her in an exhibition would give us a clue of just how popular she actually is.
Last edited by Bastion on Sun Jun 27, 2010 2:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
Jamie AB is open for business. How would you like your hare-brained scheme?
Confusing statements are fun :p
Medaka Kurokami wrote:People aren't meant to protect the rules, rules are meant to protect people
(*'////'*)
SpoilerShow
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
http://i979.photobucket.com/albums/ae27 ... nner-1.png" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;[/img]

ImageImage
*Puts Nagi behind the drums and Hinagiku at the front with the mike and a guitar*
Banners made by Midnight Jasper & Marinara
Kordosa wrote:I can just imagine all of the Hinagiku facepalming moments. That alone is worth it.
HnG chapter 333 pg 9 wrote:She (Hinagiku) realized an incredibly obvious but oft overlooked point: One had to read the manga before they could give their judgment of it.
ithekro wrote:Remember you aren't allowed to use your powers for evil.
With great power comes great responsibility
Absolute power corrupts absolutely
Tomoya Okazaki wrote:Can I beat you until you're motionless?
MegaTokyo wrote:Some of us are just a little more screwed up than others.
Saber (maglor) wrote:It is not how much, but it is where the king spends that tells what kind of king he is.
Rito wrote:Men don't decide whether they like someone or not based solely on breast size.
Kordosa wrote:Boy, I really need to learn to keep my questions to myself. It only makes things worse.
The lunatics around you are once again doing something to lower your opinion of human intelligence. ~Face Palm
Your sense of time tells you how much of your life has been wasted because you didn't take us at our word. ~Cracked.com
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Azu-nyan, Hina-chan, Aoyama-chan and Subaru-nyan-chan
Toady
[School Idol Producer]
[School Idol Producer]
Badges:
Worships: Tsuruya-san
2017 Female Favorite: Nakano Azusa
2017 Male Favorite: Yang Wenli
Wish: A wedding for Nico & Maki

Post by Toady » Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:17 pm

I expect to see all characters that could make it to the Prelims next year.

So yeah, Tenshi from Angel Beats!, Anri-chan from Durarara!, Sorami Kanata (or Rio) from Sora no Woto, a girl from Working!! (Inami ?) and Himeji from Baka to Test...

I guess you already thought about them, but I'd like to be sure ^^
Much stuff (but Chibaka has more)Show
#Drunkard4Ever #ThanksKiwi
My Secret Santa is awesome :3

Hikarin <3
Thank you Secret Santa 2016 :3
Chocola
Hikarin's Kitty
Hikarin's Kitty
Worships: Kousaka Reina
2017 Female Favorite: Karasuma Chitose
2017 Male Favorite: Killua Zoldyck
Wish: Hikachu to not hate me

Post by Chocola » Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:45 am

Since there are specific criteria used for pairing up exhibition characters, it would be best to suggest individual characters instead of pairings. :P
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
MAL Ratings ISML Chat, Saimoe Blog, Saimoe Wiki
A tall, towering wall looms in front of me. Beyond that is something that I could never to see on my own.
And that is...the view from the top.
ithekro
Strike witch
Strike witch
Badges:

Post by ithekro » Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:01 am

Rena Ryugu wants someone to take home this year.
Space Opera
moemio
Teleporter
Teleporter
Worships: Furukawa Nagisa
Wish: Kyubey

Post by moemio » Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:35 pm

I would like to see Ryoko Asakura from Suzumiya Haruhi No yuutsu and Vita from Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha A's.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Toady
[School Idol Producer]
[School Idol Producer]
Badges:
Worships: Tsuruya-san
2017 Female Favorite: Nakano Azusa
2017 Male Favorite: Yang Wenli
Wish: A wedding for Nico & Maki

Post by Toady » Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:40 pm

Hideyoshi Kinoshita :mrgreen:
Much stuff (but Chibaka has more)Show
#Drunkard4Ever #ThanksKiwi
My Secret Santa is awesome :3

Hikarin <3
Thank you Secret Santa 2016 :3
Wolfnagi
Necromancer
Necromancer
Worships: Sanzen'in Nagi
Wish: Want Nagi to win this year ISML....
And 1 Million bucks....

Post by Wolfnagi » Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:34 am

I got one,
Even though one of them only have a software and a manga,
Hatsune Miku (Vocaloid) vs Black Rock Shooter (Black Rock Shooter)
We are almost the same
Both Miku and BRS are almost the same because when supercell first created BRS, they accidentally use Miku as the base.
With that, both of them are equally moe and powerful at the same time. However, each of them have different skills, Miku have the power of voice and leek while BRS have the power of guns and swords. So, will it be the Miku or BRS that will won the match?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
CrowKenobi
Cherry blossom
Cherry blossom

Post by CrowKenobi » Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:34 am

You forgot Miku's 2 second cameo in Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei episode 13. :D
ImageImageImageImage
what might have been...Show
Thanks to Marinara for the avatar and sigs.
ichocoX
Imouto
Imouto
Worships: Nagato Yuki
Wish: I wish for a good year for Yuki

Post by ichocoX » Sat Jun 12, 2010 1:32 am

Kanade (Tenshi) from Angel Beats
Asakura Ryoko from Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuu'utsu
Furukawa Sanae from Clannad
:DD
advance94
Dryad
Dryad
Worships: Alice Margatroid
Wish: Shana to finally WIN a major Saimoe tournament

Post by advance94 » Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:38 am

I want San Seto (Seto no Hanayome)
and Eika Ichijo (Sky Girls)
Last edited by advance94 on Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
qinwamascot
Osananajimi
Osananajimi
Worships: Flandre Scarlet (Touhou)
Wish: An extremely large parfait. World peace is a close second choice.

Post by qinwamascot » Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:24 am

Osaka vs Fukuji Mihoko (or Haramura Nodoka, who will end with a better record but worse stats). Just to settle things for all time.
imbehindyou
Time traveler
Time traveler
Worships: Rena
Wish: Becoming Pokemon Master.  Wishes for: Becoming teh Master Hater.  Wishes for: James' Victreebel & Mime Jr. Secret Identity: I am a robot. 

Post by imbehindyou » Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:05 am

Miria Harvent from Baccano!
Fujioka Haruhi from Ouran High School Host Club
Kiopi
Intelligent device
Intelligent device
Worships: Mari Illustrious Makinami

Post by Kiopi » Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:53 am

Trap Match (pick any two combo)
Hideyoshi Kinoshita (Baka Test) vs Aoi Hyoudou (Maid-sama!) vs Mizuho Miyanokouji (Otome wa Boku ni Koishiteru)

Ladies vs Butlers! Match
Tomomi Saikyō vs Selnia Iori Flameheart

Iron Lady Match
Revy (Black Lagoon) vs Roberta (Black Lagoon)

Girls with Swords Match (pick any two combo)
Anri Sonohara (DuRaRaRa!!) vs Yachiyo Todoroki (Working!!) vs Junko Hattori (Ichiban Ushiro Daimaou)

Supernatural Match (can't think up any good complementary characters for Celty, so...)
Celty Sturluson (DuRaRaRa!!) vs Anri Sonohara (DuRaRaRa!!)
Supporting:
  • Bakemonogatari: Oshino Shinobu ♦ Sengoku Nadeko ♦ Senjōgahara Hitagi
  • K-On!: Akiyama Mio ♦ Nakano Azusa ♦ Hirasawa Yui
  • Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai: Kashiwazaki Sena
  • Kore wa Zombie Desu ka?: Eucliwood Hellscythe
  • Haiyore! Nyaruko-san: Nyarlathotep
  • Kyōkai no Kanata: Kuriyama Mirai
  • Hyōka: Chitanda Eru
  • Mondaiji: Kurousagi
Momento10
Electromaster
Electromaster
Badges:
ImageImageImageImage
Worships: Setsumi Sakura
Melon Pan: 88
2018 Female Favorite: Nishimiya Shōko
2018 Male Favorite: Sagara Sōsuke
2017 Female Favorite: Megumin
2017 Male Favorite: Zen Wistalia
Wish: ISML - A new face for the champion.
KBM - to revive
AST - to encourage international participation
IRL - My definition of peace and tranquility.

Post by Momento10 » Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:44 am

I would like to see this happen [Sakura Haruno (Naruto) and Rukia Kuchiki (Bleach)] or something similar to this for the fun of it. Other match I would like to see is Bea (Lunar Knights) vs. Marcia (Suikoden Tierkreis).

As for individuals, I would like to see
SpoilerShow
Chihiro Shindo (Ef - a tale of memories)
Maka Albarn, Tsubaki Nakatsukasa (Soul Eater)
Miyuki Takara (Lucky Star)
Mai Kawasumi, Ayu Tsukimiya, Nayuki Minase, Shiori Misaka, Makoto Sawatari (Kanon)
Misuzu Kamio (Air)
Nemu Asakura, Miharu Amakase (Da Capo)
Akari Mizunashi, Alice Carroll (Aria the Animation)
Index Librorum Prohibitorum (Toaru Majutsu no Index)
Ahiru (Princess Tutu)
Yin (Darker than Black)
Erica Hartmann (Strike Withces)
Chiyo Mihama, Ayumu "Osaka" Kasuga (Azumanga Daioh)
Lina Inverse, Amelia Wil Tesla Seyruun (Slayers)
Miaka Yūki, Yui Hongo (Fushigi Yûgi)
Yanagi Sakoshita, Fūko Kirisawa (Flame of Recca)
Tira Misu, Chocolate Misu (Bakuratsu Hunters)
Lenalee Lee (D.Gray Man)
Izumi Segawa, Ayumu Nishizawa (Hayate no Gotoku)
Naru Narusegawa, Shinobu Maehara (Love HIna)
Tamao Tamamura (Shaman King)
Suigintou, Suiseiseki, Souseiseki, Shinku (Rozen Maiden)
Sakura Matō (Fate/Stay Night)
Rei Ayanami, Asuka Langley Soryu (Neon Genesis Evangelion)
Meryl Stryfe (Trigun)
Akari Kamigishi, Multi (To Heart)
Rena Ryugu, Shion Sonozaki (Higurashi no Naku Koro ni)
Henrietta (Gunslinger Girl)
Raimei Shimizu (Nabari no Ō)
Sakura (Tsubasa: Reservoir Chronicle)
Yūko Ichihara (xxxHolic)
Yoko (Inukami)
Hisa Takei (Saki)
Belldandy, Skuld (Ā Megami-sama)
Asa Shigure, Primula (Shuffle!)
Ritsu Tainaka, Tsumugi Kotobuki (K-On!)
Kyon's sister (Suzumiya Haruhi no Yūutsu)
Kallen Stadtfeld (Code Geass)
Cecily Cambell (Seiken no Blacksmith)
Shinobu Oshino (Bakemonogatari)
Honami Takase Ambler, Mikan Katsuragi, Manami Kuroha, Adelicia Lenn Mathers (Rental Magica)
This is a lot, but these should take up a lot of space during the season.
Last edited by Momento10 on Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
hinakatbklyn
Incubator
Incubator
Melon Pan: 55

Post by hinakatbklyn » Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:00 am

Some names not yet mentioned:

Azmaria Hendrich & Rosette Christopher (Chrono Crusade)
Teana Lanster (Nanoha StrikerS)
Ameri (Tayutama)
Bastion
Titan
Titan
Badges:

Post by Bastion » Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:11 pm

Ogata, Rin of Rideback
Mostly because she's a good candidate for the competition, but it's highly unlikely that anyone would recognize the anime, which is a good one if you're not scared of 'Wham' episodes.
Medaka Kurokami wrote:People aren't meant to protect the rules, rules are meant to protect people
(*'////'*)
SpoilerShow
http://i979.photobucket.com/albums/ae27 ... nner-1.png" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;[/img]

ImageImage
*Puts Nagi behind the drums and Hinagiku at the front with the mike and a guitar*
Kordosa wrote:I can just imagine all of the Hinagiku facepalming moments. That alone is worth it.
HnG chapter 333 pg 9 wrote:She (Hinagiku) realized an incredibly obvious but oft overlooked point: One had to read the manga before they could give their judgment of it.
Saber (maglor) wrote:It is not how much, but it is where the king spends that tells what kind of king he is.
Rito wrote:Men don't decide whether they like someone or not based solely on breast size.
Kordosa wrote:Boy, I really need to learn to keep my questions to myself. It only makes things worse.
The lunatics around you are once again doing something to lower your opinion of human intelligence. ~Face Palm
Your sense of time tells you how much of your life has been wasted because you didn't take us at our word. ~Cracked.com
akumaxx
Puella magi
Puella magi
Wish: An ISML without harmonics

Post by akumaxx » Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:42 pm

At the very beginning of this year I was planning a 5 on 5 match for the two teams:
Magical DoReMi(Reference)
List in any orderShow
Doremi Harukaze(or Dorie Goodwyn in the English adaption, same in the following 4)
Hazuki Fujiwara(or Reanne Griffith)
Aiko Senō(or Mirabelle Haywood)
Onpu Segawa(or Ellie Craft)
Momoko Asuka
VS
Petite Princess Yucie(Reference)
List in any orderShow
Yucie
Cocoloo
Glenda
Elmina
Beth
But I cannot catch the matches of regular seasons and the plan is almost dead...
Just leave it here, for both are my favourite at that time.
== Low Activity ==
Current Soul: 269
Newest cards of Saimoe set: (Resized for signature use)
Previous cardsShow
Bastion
Titan
Titan
Badges:

Post by Bastion » Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:32 pm

Is it plausible to suggest a character who hasn't actually done anything even within the manga?

Luka/Ruka of the newest arc of HnG seems like she's going to be a contender for a spot here when she's able, even though she's only barely been introduced in the most recent chapter (07/13).
(*'////'*)
SpoilerShow

ImageImage