PREDICTION TIME!!! - ISML 2010 DE

Single-Elimination Tournament and future ISML contests
minhtam1638
Phantom
Phantom
Melon Pan: 50
Wish: An endless supply of Coca-Cola. Tax free.

PREDICTION TIME!!! - ISML 2010 DE

Post by minhtam1638 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:08 am

Because bracketology is extremely addicting, I decided to fill in my bracket pretty early. No image tag since it might be a little too big.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b39/m ... am1638.png" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Cassiopeia
Combat butler
Combat butler
Worships: Tennos "A-tan" Athena

Re: PREDICTION TIME!!! - ISML 2010 DE

Post by Cassiopeia » Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:20 am

ahhh.. I am too lazy to fill out those brackets. I will just say I hope and I wish Shana finally wins this year (I don't think Azusa, Mikoto, Nadeko, Haruhi and HItagi can win it so, I will support Shana.), because she fully deserves it. Shana has always chocked at the last minute in all moe competitions, so maybe this is finally her year. Her ISML career has been blessed with countless trophies, but she is still missing the biggest prize. That being said, I predict Mio is still at the pole position to win the tiara.

Hina is still strong, but her status as defending champ will make her chock due to anti-votings. This year is the best and probably the last chance for Mio to win anything considering the on-air advantage right before the final. K-ON manga is also scheduled to be finished with anime at the same time, so K-ON may not even get a 3rd season.

I also think Mio won't be able to beat Hirasawa Yui or Azusa in Saimoe 2010, so Mio better delivers for her fans in ISML. :P
Image Credit to Awesome Hikarin <3 ISML2011 FINAL <3
FateMortis
Pokémon master
Pokémon master
Worships: Kinomoto Sakura

Post by FateMortis » Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:18 am

I'm really hoping for Mio to win the Tiara.
Kind of upset that she lost the standings for the Regular Season.
Really thought she'll end up in the first place.
But, oh well.
Hope her fans will gather to push her for the Tiara then. (:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
hinakatbklyn
Incubator
Incubator
Melon Pan: 55

Post by hinakatbklyn » Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:18 pm

Cassiopeia wrote:
Hina is still strong, but her status as defending champ will make her chock due to anti-votings. This year is the best and probably the last chance for Mio to win anything considering the on-air advantage right before the final. K-ON manga is also scheduled to be finished with anime at the same time, so K-ON may not even get a 3rd season.

I also think Mio won't be able to beat Hirasawa Yui or Azusa in Saimoe 2010, so Mio better delivers for her fans in ISML. :P
If it were Shana/Hina, Shana I think would win the tiara this year. Any other opponent (Azusa, Mio, etc) Hina would have as equal a chance at winning, or even if she were to lose, it would be a close match (despite the defending tiara anti-voting if any).

Based on preliminary votes in J-Saimoe, Mio would likely beat Azusa but not Yui if she were to reach the final 8 (But even that might not happen if Mikoto gets in the way). In ISML on the other hand, Mio could handle Yui but have trouble with Azusa. While I don't think this would be Mio's best and only chance at the tiara, her chances at a tiara the following year would be less than this year. (Somehow Taiga's ranking without a new series was higher this year than last year)
advance94
Dryad
Dryad
Worships: Alice Margatroid
Wish: Shana to finally WIN a major Saimoe tournament

Post by advance94 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:37 pm

This is what I predict

http://s736.photobucket.com/albums/xx5/ ... iction.png" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
CrowKenobi
Cherry blossom
Cherry blossom

Post by CrowKenobi » Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:26 pm

My prediction (based off of last year's Fantasy Excel worksheet):
SpoilerShow
Shana
Haruhi
Taiga
Mikoto
Mio
Yuki
Azusa
Hinagiku
Shana
Taiga
Mio
Hinagiku
Saber
Nagi
Yui
Tomoyo
Azusa
Yuki
Yui
Haruhi
Shana
Mio
Azusa
Yui
Taiga
Hinagiku
Mio
Hinagiku
Shana
Mio
hattip to Kholdstare for the excellent Excel file... :D
ImageImageImageImage
what might have been...Show
Thanks to Marinara for the avatar and sigs.
ichocoX
Imouto
Imouto
Worships: Nagato Yuki
Wish: I wish for a good year for Yuki

Post by ichocoX » Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:36 pm

i think yuki can make it to top 5 :0 tough i think Taiga was a big shot as well :)
amdrag
Cherry blossom
Cherry blossom
Wish: a lack of zetsuboushita.

Post by amdrag » Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:59 pm

First Four Out (Ranks 16-13)
---
#16 HITAGI - Last year, the #16 seed (Holo) came within 50 votes of #1 Shana. This year, there will be no repeat. She's not nearly as strong as Holo was, and I don't like her chances against either Saber or Haruhi. She did well to make the cut, though.

#15 KAGAMI - Kagami might have been able to pick up the pace and steal one... had she gotten an easier draw. No way she gets by Hinagiku or Tomoyo.

#13 NADEKO - Horrible draw for her. Had she dropped a spot, I would've liked her chances against Kyou. But Nagi will own her in the second round.

#11 KYOU - I do not trust Kyou. At all.

Next Four Out (Ranks 12-9)
---
#14 YUI - Obviously she's not getting past Mio. That means an elimination match against Kyou... which I think she takes. After that, she'd be up against either Mikoto or Taiga. That won't end well for her.

#12 NAGI - A decent draw gives her a good matchup against Nadeko, but having to deal with the Mio/Yuki loser is going to be too much for her.

#10 TOMOYO - In my eyes, she's headed for an elimination rematch with Haruhi, and I think that this will be the first time in a long time where Haruhi fans will be happy with history repeating itself.

#8 SABER - She could easily swap places with Haruhi, but I think that she's weakened *juuuuust* enough to fall to Haruhi in Round 1. She'll crush Hitagi, but Azusa will end her run.

SOS Tier (Ranks 8 & 7)
---
#9 HARUHI - I think she's a little stronger than Saber, which means a much more favorable path, even including the unavoidable loss to Shana. She's been good about beating the girls she *should* beat (41-0 against the girls ranked below her), and that should continue here.

#6 YUKI - She could make a deeper run, but I think that her run ends with a powered-up Azusa.

Staff Tier (Ranks 6 & 5)
---
#5 TAIGA - I hope she goes deeper into the tourney, but Azusa will rage.

#4 MIKOTO - She'll have to deal with Hinagiku eventually. It will not end well for her.

Fifth Beatle Tier (4th)
---
#7 AZUSA - She'll be doing a lot of Mio's dirty work in the loser's bracket, whether she's sent there by Hinagiku or Mio. She'll be what Suiseiseki should have been to Suigintou last year.

Love 'Hina' Tier (3rd)
---
#2 HINAGIKU - There will be no repeat this year. I just have a feeling that she'll be a step below Mio and Shana when the moment comes.

Bassline Tier (2nd)
---
#3 MIO - She could win it all. She could suffer some anti-voting and fall early, ala Suigintou. I think the former is more likely than the latter, but I think it's Shana's year.

Flame War Tier (1st)
---
#1 SHANA - It's her year. I think.
Stocking's gonna need to see your f*****' hands at the concert.
minhtam1638
Phantom
Phantom

Post by minhtam1638 » Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:35 pm

Hey amdrag, looks like we have the same bracket except for the last four.
Momento10
Electromaster
Electromaster
Badges:
ImageImageImageImage
Worships: Setsumi Sakura
Melon Pan: 88
2018 Female Favorite: Nishimiya Shōko
2018 Male Favorite: Sagara Sōsuke
2017 Female Favorite: Megumin
2017 Male Favorite: Zen Wistalia
Wish: ISML - A new face for the champion.
KBM - to revive
AST - to encourage international participation
IRL - My definition of peace and tranquility.

Post by Momento10 » Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:04 pm

The most impossible prediction to happen, but I can dream, right?Show
16. Hitagi - If she were to fight anyone for the right to be in any spot, she would lose to all. She looks fixated to be 16.
15. Kagami - My bet is for Kagami and Hitagi to fight for the 15th spot, which Kagami should have no problem with.
14. Nadeko - I doubt Bakemonogatari is going to have a lot of support, but this should be around right for her.
13. Yui - I am going to place my bet on Kyou defeating Yui. Yui and Nadeko will fight for the 13th spot, and Yui will win.
12. Nagi - She cannot defeat Yuki. Neither will she be able to defeat Kyou in a fight for 11th place.
11. Kyou - I hope Kyou defeats Yui. Taiga will lose to Mikoto, and Kyou will lose to Taiga. Kyou should be able to defeat Nagi to get 11th place.
10. Saber - This is where things get fun and slightly broken. The three way tie will be reversed. Saber will defeat Haruhi, but lose to Shana and (another big bet) Tomoyo. Haruhi will get her revenge on Saber and win.
9. Haruhi - Another hope I have is for Haruhi to lose against Saber. She will defeat Hitagi. Azusa will not have enough back-up to defeat Hinagiku at this time and lose to her. Haruhi will lose to Azusa. Haruhi and Saber will fight for 9th place, which Haruhi will win by revenge.
8. Tomoyo - Tomoyo will lose to Azusa, but will defeat Kagami and, hopefully, Saber. Azusa has enough power to defeat Yuki. Tomoyo will lose to Yuki in a fight for 7th place.
7. Yuki - Yuki will defeat Kyou, but Mio will be too much for her. Yuki will defeat Nagi, but Azusa may prove too much to handle. Yuki and Tomoyo will fight for 7th place, and Yuki should have no problem with defeating Tomoyo.
6. Shana - This is where everything starts to get very broken and goes my way. My bet is on Mikoto defeating Shana, causing Azusa and Shana to fight against each other. At this time. Azusa will be powerful enough to defeat Shana. Another major bet I have is for Mio to lose against Hinagiku again. Mio will have her revenge against Taiga. My bet is for Taiga to have her revenge against Shana, placing her in 6th.
5. Taiga - As I stated before, Mio will lose to Hinagiku again, and Taiga will lose to Mio via revenge for what happened at Ruby. Taiga will face Shana for the fight for 5th place. Taiga will defeat Shana via revenge on what happened at Diamond, and she will be 5th.
4. Mio - Mio will surprisingly lose to Hinagiku, but will defeat Taiga. When Azusa and Mio face each other, Azusa will be too strong for her to handle, causing her to fall against her. This loss will place Mio in 4th.
3. Hinagiku - My list is already crazy enough to be almost impossible to happen. My bet is for Mikoto to surprisingly defeat Hinagiku for revenge after what happened at Topaz. Hina will then challenge Asuza, who has surprising victories over Shana and Mio. At this time, Azusa will be too strong for Hinagiku to handle. Hinagiku will lose to her, placing her in 3rd.
2. Azusa - Yes, that is correct. The championship match will be between Azusa and Mikoto (which is close to impossible to occur). You would think that Azusa will be so strong that she will likely become the winner of ISML 2010, but I actually disagree. Something will cause her to break down from her notable winning streak, and she will fall to the hands of Mikoto.
1. Mikoto - This is who I wish to be the winner of this year's ISML. After Nadeko, Taiga (a hope), Shana (close to impossible), and Hinagiku (again, close to impossible), she will face Azusa for the Heavenly Tiara. After all the chaos is over, Mikoto will surprisingly win against Azusa and will be crowned as the new ISML Champion.

This is probably the most impossible prediction to happen. If this were to come true, I would be extremely surprised.
Last edited by Momento10 on Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
hinakatbklyn
Incubator
Incubator

Post by hinakatbklyn » Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:10 pm

I don't want Shana as my prediction, but that's who I think might win this year. However, since Mikoto is being mentioned, I wouldn't consider her impossible, just a challenger with a huge obstacle to overcome.
Chocola
Hikarin's Kitty
Hikarin's Kitty
Worships: Kousaka Reina
2017 Female Favorite: Karasuma Chitose
2017 Male Favorite: Killua Zoldyck
Wish: Hikachu to not hate me

Post by Chocola » Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:51 pm

It's Shana's year.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
MAL Ratings ISML Chat, Saimoe Blog, Saimoe Wiki
A tall, towering wall looms in front of me. Beyond that is something that I could never to see on my own.
And that is...the view from the top.
advance94
Dryad
Dryad

Post by advance94 » Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:19 pm

KholdStare88 wrote:It's Shana's year.
That's what I want
Cassiopeia
Combat butler
Combat butler
Worships: Tennos "A-tan" Athena

Post by Cassiopeia » Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:33 am

KholdStare88 wrote:It's Shana's year.
That's what I think so. If not it'll be Mio's. If I have to choose between those two, I will support Shana. Hina'll have hard time defending the Tiara, I think she has less chance than Taiga, Azusa and Mikoto, but you can't count her out just yet.

HOWEVER, as I have said before, anything can happen. Hina was 11th in regular season last year, but she managed to go against the odds and knocked Shana the invincible. :D so for that reason, I wish either Hitagi and Nadeko will win.. (I wouldn't mind Kyou or Haruhi or Mikoto win either though).. I can always dream, right?
Image Credit to Awesome Hikarin <3 ISML2011 FINAL <3
Chocola
Hikarin's Kitty
Hikarin's Kitty

Post by Chocola » Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:49 am

I don't want it, but I think it's Shana's year.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
A tall, towering wall looms in front of me. Beyond that is something that I could never to see on my own.
minhtam1638
Phantom
Phantom

Post by minhtam1638 » Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:17 am

y'know, every year that we say it's Shana's year, she chokes at the last match. Just because people are thinking it is Shana's year, I say it isn't Shana's year.
Chocola
Hikarin's Kitty
Hikarin's Kitty

Post by Chocola » Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:45 am

Well, I was never confident in Shana's ability to win last year, mainly because RM was there to possibly alter matches. This year, I really see nothing.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
hinakatbklyn
Incubator
Incubator

Post by hinakatbklyn » Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:02 pm

Either a strong finish to the K-ON series or some sort of preview in anticipation of the 2nd Index season involving Mikoto is prehaps the only roadblock standing in Shana's way. (But even that's no guarantee)
moemio
Teleporter
Teleporter
Worships: Furukawa Nagisa
Wish: Kyubey

Post by moemio » Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:19 pm

Please no Shana year. I would like to see a newcomer win the Tiara (Mio)
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
advance94
Dryad
Dryad

Post by advance94 » Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:24 pm

I'd like to see Shana win because she's never won a big prize although I wouldn't mind Mio winning