Kiopi
Intelligent device
Intelligent device
Worships: Mari Illustrious Makinami
Melon Pan: 50

Re: RESULTS: 2010 Elimination 9

Post by Kiopi » Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:38 am

Midst wrote:
KholdStare88 wrote:Basically, we should talk about something else and not about how boring ISML Finals will be.

If Mikoto beats Shana: Where will Shana fans go? Will they vote against Mio or hate-vote Mikoto?
This is a very hard question to answer. Some Shana fans may be mad at Mikoto and go for Mio. I don't know if there is a rivalry developed between Mio and Shana.(I think there might be a little bit since Mio won the last match against Shana.) So I would estimate 40% go for Mio, 30% for Mikoto, and other 30% unknown or abstain.
Or they could use Mikoto as a tool against Mio just like how Mikoto was used against Shana. Rather than an all-out individual rivalry ala Hinagiku-Shana, I see it more like a power-play between two big titles (K-On! vs Shakugan no Shana).
Midst wrote:
loudmouth wrote:Someone pointed out earlier that there were a whole mess of votes for the Mikoto/Mio match (muh muh muh) Anyone wonder why? Obviously there are quite a few on either side. Mio fans saw Mikoto beat Shana, so Mikoto was obviously a serious threat to them, and they felt they needed to protect Mio. On the other side, Mikoto's losing score was higher than any other score in the tournament. Now I'm not saying this is the answer (I'm just thinking aloud) That could've been all the JC Staff fans combined? more or less? If that's true...
I think Shana is a strong threat to Mio than Mikoto, because Shana is #1, and she got 3 necklaces and China.= = I hate to say that, but from my past experience in Chinese forum, Shana fans > Mio fans(K-On). BTW, it just the stupid forum; indeed it hardly can make sense.

Actually, anime producers do not mean much to non-Japanese voters. Can you name more than 5 producers without checking google?
J.C. Staff, SHAFT, Production IG, KyoAni, GAINAX, Madhouse, GONZO, Toei Animation, Bandai, AIC, Studio Bones, HAL Film Maker. 12 studios in less than 1 minute off the tip of my fingers. Mostly because they have produced some of my most favorite animes (except Bandai which I remember due to my dislike of Gundam).
Supporting:
  • Bakemonogatari: Oshino Shinobu ♦ Sengoku Nadeko ♦ Senjōgahara Hitagi
  • K-On!: Akiyama Mio ♦ Nakano Azusa ♦ Hirasawa Yui
  • Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai: Kashiwazaki Sena
  • Kore wa Zombie Desu ka?: Eucliwood Hellscythe
  • Haiyore! Nyaruko-san: Nyarlathotep
  • Kyōkai no Kanata: Kuriyama Mirai
  • Hyōka: Chitanda Eru
  • Mondaiji: Kurousagi
Chocola
Hikarin's Kitty
Hikarin's Kitty
Worships: Kousaka Reina
Wish: Hikachu to not hate me

Post by Chocola » Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:42 am

By anime producers, do you mean studios (like JC Staff) or an actual person? I know plenty of studios and which key anime they make, but I don't remember random names. But of course, it's better to ask this question to chisml.

Yes, mainland China (let's use this term from now on) is inclined to be anti-K-ON; they did support Mikoto last time. The problem is how to keep Taiwan in check.

@Kiopi: There is no question that Mikoto can be used as a tool against Mio. The question is, why would Shana fans want Mio to fall? Do they really want Mio to fall at all?
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
MAL Ratings ISML Chat, Saimoe Blog, Saimoe Wiki
A tall, towering wall looms in front of me. Beyond that is something that I could never to see on my own.
And that is...the view from the top.
Kiopi
Intelligent device
Intelligent device
Worships: Mari Illustrious Makinami

Post by Kiopi » Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:02 am

I'm just extrapolating their anti-K-On! inclinations to the championship, using Mikoto as a proxy against Mio. No real basis to support that extrapolation, but it's also something that could be pondered and talked about while we wait for the next match.
Supporting:
  • Bakemonogatari: Oshino Shinobu ♦ Sengoku Nadeko ♦ Senjōgahara Hitagi
  • K-On!: Akiyama Mio ♦ Nakano Azusa ♦ Hirasawa Yui
  • Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai: Kashiwazaki Sena
  • Kore wa Zombie Desu ka?: Eucliwood Hellscythe
  • Haiyore! Nyaruko-san: Nyarlathotep
  • Kyōkai no Kanata: Kuriyama Mirai
  • Hyōka: Chitanda Eru
  • Mondaiji: Kurousagi
Midst
Zealot
Zealot
Worships: Kamio Misuzu
Wish: Pass all my **** classes XP.

Post by Midst » Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:04 am

Kiopi wrote: J.C. Staff, SHAFT, Production IG, KyoAni, GAINAX, Madhouse, GONZO, Toei Animation, Bandai, AIC, Studio Bones, HAL Film Maker. 12 studios in less than 1 minute off the tip of my fingers. Mostly because they have produced some of my most favorite animes (except Bandai which I remember due to my dislike of Gundam).
Good job, you won. XD But, will most of the random voters able to name 5 of them and have a strong bond to a specific studio? (Anime producer= Anime studios I mean)
I agree on your power-play hypothesis. There are rarely cases which a fan only supports the characters in an anime but not the anime itself. However, just like KholdStare said, has there been hate developed among fans of those two series?
KholdStare88 wrote:By anime producers, do you mean studios (like JC Staff) or an actual person? I know plenty of studios and which key anime they make, but I don't remember random names. But of course, it's better to ask this question to chisml.

Yes, mainland China (let's use this term from now on) is inclined to be anti-K-ON; they did support Mikoto last time. The problem is how to keep Taiwan in check.

@Kiopi: There is no question that Mikoto can be used as a tool against Mio. The question is, why would Shana fans want Mio to fall? Do they really want Mio to fall at all?
Maybe I should do that. However, both chisml forum and baidu isml forum are even less popular than here. I would say there are more than 10 but less than 20 people other than staffs in the baidu forum, probably the same case in chisml. I haven't visited there for a while. However, it appears to be pretty quiet. ISML is not really that popular in China, at least in my friend circle. I am actually the only one who cares about ISML. lol

PS: there were 20 posts yesterday in baidu isml forum, and 114 for official chisml forum.
Chocola
Hikarin's Kitty
Hikarin's Kitty

Post by Chocola » Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:46 am

@Midst: You didn't know that chisml has more posters than we do? Their average results threads have 5 pages, while ours have 3 pages.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
A tall, towering wall looms in front of me. Beyond that is something that I could never to see on my own.
moemio
Teleporter
Teleporter
Worships: Furukawa Nagisa
Wish: Kyubey

Post by moemio » Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:53 am

Azusa lost but it doesn't matter. Next match is gonna be Mikoto vs. Shana, personally i hope Mikoto wins.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
FateMortis
Pokémon master
Pokémon master
Worships: Kinomoto Sakura

Post by FateMortis » Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:34 am

Don't really mind Shana or Mio winning.
Though my preference is more towards Mio side.
Really disappointed that Azu-nyan couldn't win and make it to Top 3.
But let me place all my hopes on Mio then!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ilkaid
Paladin
Paladin
Worships: Furude Hanyū
Wish: More free time

Post by ilkaid » Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:22 am

I'm surprised that Shana won, but it is an excellent result.
Also glad that Yuki won. Lets Hope Shana can keep winning.
Miku
Sacred jewel
Sacred jewel
Worships: Fate Testarossa
Wish: Someday can step onto Hockenheimring or Nürburgring to shout for local racing drivers!

Post by Miku » Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:20 pm

I wonder why there are nealy 2000 votes disappeared this round comparing with last round. When I saw Mio's over 5000 votes and 700 votes ahead of Mikoto, I really did think the K-ON power is strong enough to help Azusa take away the flamehaze. Now it sees I've made a mistake and there is something unknown lead to this result. In addition, sorry to see Azusa nearlly won all over the world however she lost in China and she finally lost her match. China seems to be a great supporting base for Shana and somehow Chinese votes dominate the result of the match! It's really an awful result!

The next match I still prefer Mikoto than Shana. And if Mikoto lose, I hope Mio can finally get the tiara.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
SpoilerShow
ImageImageImage
Elizabeth F. Beurling (Silver Fox) From: Maritime State Britannia
Kairi
Claymore
Claymore
Worships: Hoshina Utau

Post by Kairi » Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:25 pm

I would've preferred Azusa, but that's okay. Poor Hiromi though. ;__; I was afraid this would happen.
Image Image Image Image Image
Tim
Befriender
Befriender
Wish: Shana be one of the happiest girls in the world.

Post by Tim » Sat Sep 25, 2010 3:08 pm

Many people in this forum say China decides the result,well,
I just want to tell you.Don't undervalue the influence from Taiwan~ 8-)

I hope the officials can announce the number of votes from every country or area.

To Shana supporters all over the world,"No matter what will happen in the future,never give up~ :smile: "
How can't you like this girl?Image
CrimsonFallingStar
Crimson lord
Crimson lord

Post by CrimsonFallingStar » Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:54 pm

It sure seems like all the speculation for these last two rounds is based on large groups of people seeking revenge or voting out of spite. If that's really the way things are going to roll, it just shows anime fans out to be a really hateful, vindictive group of people. What the heck gives, this is supposed to be a fun thing. If your favourite loses, what's wrong with simply voting for your next favourite? Whoever is left in the tournament that you like the most should surely be the one you vote for, right?

I mean, who is there to spite with hate votes and "anti" votes? Are you going to spite a fictional character so they don't get the pleasure of "winning"? Like the REAL Shana would be that upset if she lost this contest. Come on. Is it an attempt to spite a large group of people with an opposing opinion? Probably, given how many "I hate China" comments there were last night. Hating an entire country's population because your favourite cute character lost? That's pretty awesome, guys.

Just vote your favourite.
clannad
Dango daikazoku
Dango daikazoku
Worships: Nagato Yuki
Wish: The "disapperance of Suzumiya Haruhi"
gets the champion of 2011

Post by clannad » Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:59 pm

Midst wrote:
Kiopi wrote: J.C. Staff, SHAFT, Production IG, KyoAni, GAINAX, Madhouse, GONZO, Toei Animation, Bandai, AIC, Studio Bones, HAL Film Maker. 12 studios in less than 1 minute off the tip of my fingers. Mostly because they have produced some of my most favorite animes (except Bandai which I remember due to my dislike of Gundam).
Good job, you won. XD But, will most of the random voters able to name 5 of them and have a strong bond to a specific studio? (Anime producer= Anime studios I mean)
I agree on your power-play hypothesis. There are rarely cases which a fan only supports the characters in an anime but not the anime itself. However, just like KholdStare said, has there been hate developed among fans of those two series?
KholdStare88 wrote:By anime producers, do you mean studios (like JC Staff) or an actual person? I know plenty of studios and which key anime they make, but I don't remember random names. But of course, it's better to ask this question to chisml.

Maybe I should do that. However, both chisml forum and baidu isml forum are even less popular than here. I would say there are more than 10 but less than 20 people other than staffs in the baidu forum, probably the same case in chisml. I haven't visited there for a while. However, it appears to be pretty quiet. ISML is not really that popular in China, at least in my friend circle. I am actually the only one who cares about ISML. lol

PS: there were 20 posts yesterday in baidu isml forum, and 114 for official chisml forum.

First, please forgive my poor English, sorry ╭(╯^╰)╮...
I think you received some mistaken informnation, In baidu forum, we had about 20 new topics and at least 300 new posts yesterday. Today,we still have that numbers of posts. If we make an vote, there will be 200+ votes in total as usual. In our forum, we now have 485 members, and about 50 who often stay there~ In baidu, our fourm name is "世萌", not "isml" ...

Also, as the administer of "世萌" forum in baidu, what I got is "mainland China anti k-on all the time, it's not means they all hate k-on, but just means more people like J.C.STAFF as well, especially Shana. It has a dominate performance in recent years, but in this year, Mikoto also has a high support. last match, both Mikoto and Mios' fans make a big call on to vote for them, Mio fans club even make the fans cards in reality to give their fans to vote..."

Also,I want to say that Taiwan maybe has more influence, last match Mio got 61% there, as Taiwan nearly has the same total votes as mainland, We can't decide anything, todays match Azusa also defeated in Taiwan,(51.3% for Shana),if the 51.3% is for Azusa, maybe the result will change...
do not ignore the Taiwan 's force...
Chocola
Hikarin's Kitty
Hikarin's Kitty

Post by Chocola » Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:09 pm

We don't ignore Taiwan's force indeed. For some of the DE matches, Taiwan's votes are higher than mainland China's votes. Of course this is the first time this information was ever released. And also, your English is good.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
clannad
Dango daikazoku
Dango daikazoku
Worships: Nagato Yuki
Wish: The "disapperance of Suzumiya Haruhi"
gets the champion of 2011

Post by clannad » Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:06 pm

KholdStare88 wrote:We don't ignore Taiwan's force indeed. For some of the DE matches, Taiwan's votes are higher than mainland China's votes. Of course this is the first time this information was ever released. And also, your English is good.
Maybe in this forum is the first time, indeed in last year,the chisml website has show all DE graph to us, and we found that Taiwan's vote was higher than mainland China... -_-
also that's what mio fans club do:they made the card in reality, and give to their fans to call on for vote~ ^^;
http://hiphotos.baidu.com/%CC%EC%D6%AE% ... e9281c.jpg
Midst
Zealot
Zealot
Worships: Kamio Misuzu
Wish: Pass all my **** classes XP.

Post by Midst » Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:32 pm

clannad wrote: First, please forgive my poor English, sorry ╭(╯^╰)╮...
I think you received some mistaken informnation, In baidu forum, we had about 20 new topics and at least 300 new posts yesterday. Today,we still have that numbers of posts. If we make an vote, there will be 200+ votes in total as usual. In our forum, we now have 485 members, and about 50 who often stay there~ In baidu, our fourm name is "世萌", not "isml" ...

Also, as the administer of "世萌" forum in baidu, what I got is "mainland China anti k-on all the time, it's not means they all hate k-on, but just means more people like J.C.STAFF as well, especially Shana. It has a dominate performance in recent years, but in this year, Mikoto also has a high support. last match, both Mikoto and Mios' fans make a big call on to vote for them, Mio fans club even make the fans cards in reality to give their fans to vote..."

Also,I want to say that Taiwan maybe has more influence, last match Mio got 61% there, as Taiwan nearly has the same total votes as mainland, We can't decide anything, todays match Azusa also defeated in Taiwan,(51.3% for Shana),if the 51.3% is for Azusa, maybe the result will change...
do not ignore the Taiwan 's force...
First, I agree with KS. Your English is good and maybe better than me.
All right, I admit that I only counted for the threads that the last post was dated yesterday. And I was biased as well, because I did not consider that I only counted for half a day. There might be more people online at night. BTW, I was talking about 世萌吧 who the heck goes to ISML吧?. You know it is may confuse those who don't know Chinese by directly using Chinese characters. I am also one of the 485, my friend. But not among the 50 who often stay there.= = Speaking to the quality of baidu forum, I think the baidu forum is one of the worst forum designs I have ever seen.

Maybe we should show the total votes of the region as well to end the speculations.

TO KS: Of course I know that they have more posters than we do. However, 114 threads per day does not provide a clue that the forum is very active.
TO clannad: Don't use BAIDU link, you know it does not work once you step outside of baidu right.
superunature
Intelligent device
Intelligent device
Worships: Akiba
Wish: Rabu touch!

Post by superunature » Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:52 pm

the forum is actually quite inactive and could be better :P
voting isn't too bad~ if there could be over 10k votes per round would be great
Eater-of-All
Dragon slayer
Dragon slayer
Badges:
Melon Pan: 65

Post by Eater-of-All » Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:18 pm

CrimsonFallingStar wrote:It sure seems like all the speculation for these last two rounds is based on large groups of people seeking revenge or voting out of spite. If that's really the way things are going to roll, it just shows anime fans out to be a really hateful, vindictive group of people. What the heck gives, this is supposed to be a fun thing. If your favourite loses, what's wrong with simply voting for your next favourite? Whoever is left in the tournament that you like the most should surely be the one you vote for, right?

I mean, who is there to spite with hate votes and "anti" votes? Are you going to spite a fictional character so they don't get the pleasure of "winning"? Like the REAL Shana would be that upset if she lost this contest. Come on.
Yeah uh, I think most voters find hate-voting and anti-voting as ways to get involved into the game. The more involved someone is, the more his/her "ugly" side will show. In other words, these things are part of the fun. It's the same thing for every competition in this world. I'd be damned if a competition held in the Internet of all things will result in completely unbiased results.

If you can vote purely based on the Power of Love with no hate involved, more power to you.
CrimsonFallingStar wrote:Is it an attempt to spite a large group of people with an opposing opinion? Probably, given how many "I hate China" comments there were last night. Hating an entire country's population because your favourite cute character lost? That's pretty awesome, guys.
We would be pretty awesome indeed if we can feel no animosity towards whatever caused our favorite to lose. If it makes you feel better though, I personally don't hate China or the people themselves (I'm Chinese for hell's sake). I just hate the fact that China single-handedly overturned the results.
SpoilerShow
Team Rocket Elite
Moon princess
Moon princess
Badges:
Worships: Bernkastel
Wish: dried plums to go with the tea.

Post by Team Rocket Elite » Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:15 pm

I'm pretty late on this but here are my usual thoughts:

Azusa got close but in the end couldn't quite get the job done against Shana. This makes three matches in a row that Shana has been in that I've miscalled. After Shana beat Hinagiku, I knew she was going to be close to Azusa but I was hoping Azusa could still pull off a win but I guess it didn't happen. I wonder if this means Shana is finally back to normal? I don't think the weakened Shana we saw earlier in Double Elimination could have beaten Hinagiku and Azusa. I guess we'll see in Shana's next match against Misaka Mikoto. Yuki put up a decent performance on Haruhi. It was more or less as expected.
Top 16 RankingShow
Shana
Akiyama Mio
Nakano Azusa
Katsura Hinagiku
Misaka Mikoto
Aisaka Taiga
Nagato Yuki
Suzumiya Haruhi
Hirasawa Yui
Sanzen'in Nagi
Sakagami Tomoyo
Saber
Fujibayashi Kyō
Senjōgahara Hitagi
Hiiragi Kagami
Sengoku Nadeko

Azusa falls below Mio but stays above Hinagiku.
A miracle that you believe in when you know it won't happen......... is hope.
Nemingway
Mahjong tile
Mahjong tile
Wish: Aiming for an harem ending \o

Post by Nemingway » Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:31 pm

What a shame to lose with a 56 votes diff. T.T Azusa you did well to go that far in the Double Elimination...
superunature wrote:who does everyone want to win?
Mio,Shana, or Mikoto?
I don't want Shana to win. I saw in the statistic of the regular season that Shana won a few Necklace this year. So just for that I don't wan her to win. Between Mio and Mikoto, it's hard to make a choice but I think Mio deserve it.

On a side note, it is quite surprising that the amount of votes decreased between yesterday and 4 days ago for the match Mio-Mikoto.

*An Harem cannot exist without a boy !*