superunature
Intelligent device
Intelligent device
Worships: Akiba
Melon Pan: 50
Wish: Rabu touch!

Re: RESULTS: 2010 Elimination 9

Post by superunature » Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:16 am

"Because K-On/Mio fans will pick Mikoto for next match.
And K-On/Mio fanbase >>>> Mikoto fanbase for very final match.
Highly precditable = boring

Okay, I don't have survey proof of somehing like that, but let the time prove this (actually I hope I'M WRONG)."
------------
no your pretty much right~ exactly what im going to do~ altho I'd perfer azusa to win, I guess mio is fine too.
and....if its boring....then erm.....don't participate?
---------
well time to go buy Azusa and Mio figmas to celebrate them being top 5~
Kiopi
Intelligent device
Intelligent device
Worships: Mari Illustrious Makinami

Post by Kiopi » Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:24 am

If Shana makes it to the finals, will Mikoto fanbase will vote Mio? If Mikoto makes it to the finals, will the Shana fanbase vote Mio? Or will the "anything other than K-On!" psyche determines the winner?

Supporting:
  • Bakemonogatari: Oshino Shinobu ♦ Sengoku Nadeko ♦ Senjōgahara Hitagi
  • K-On!: Akiyama Mio ♦ Nakano Azusa ♦ Hirasawa Yui
  • Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai: Kashiwazaki Sena
  • Kore wa Zombie Desu ka?: Eucliwood Hellscythe
  • Haiyore! Nyaruko-san: Nyarlathotep
  • Kyōkai no Kanata: Kuriyama Mirai
  • Hyōka: Chitanda Eru
  • Mondaiji: Kurousagi
Midst
Zealot
Zealot
Worships: Kamio Misuzu
Wish: Pass all my **** classes XP.

Post by Midst » Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:25 am

c35 wrote:
advance94 wrote: Okay I get what you are saying but I was referring to you saying that the finals would be very boring (my fault for not making it clear) which I wouldn't agree with just yet
Because K-On/Mio fans will pick Mikoto for next match.

Okay, I don't have survey proof of somehing like that, but let the time prove this (actually I hope I'M WRONG).
makes no sense, because anti-votes will be pretty complicated. With Shana's lost, there might be higher probability for Shana supporters go for MIO. However, Hinagiku's supporters may go against, because of Azusa's win over Hina in the earlier stage. And don't just on the size of the fanbase. Mikoto's fanbase may larger than you thought. Also, how about neutral fans. I suppose at this stage, neutral fans are way more than fanbase voters since there are 3 left.

For next match, I pick Shana, because she is strong especially in China. And don't completely expect that all Mio fans and Hina fans are going to vote for Mikoto, because things never work like that. Whoever gets China, whoever has the upper hand.
CrimsonFallingStar
Crimson lord
Crimson lord

Post by CrimsonFallingStar » Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:25 am

I hope the new Shana OVA will make a big impact on Shana's voter draw. I'd like to see Shana and Mio duke out for the tiara, since they were clearly the two most consistently dominant forces all season (accounting for necklace wins, vote differential, time spent in 1st place, etc).

But that aside, I'm thrilled that two of my personal top 3 are in the final 3 for the season. It's still a bit awing that Mikoto improved as much as she did. For some reason, the To Aru series really took off.
Wigwams
Cardcaptor
Cardcaptor

Post by Wigwams » Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:31 am

well 1 k-on down...

btw anyone noticed africa's votes this round? 100% 75% 66.7% 50% too amazing...
Last edited by Wigwams on Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:34 am, edited 3 times in total.
Midst
Zealot
Zealot

Post by Midst » Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:31 am

superunature wrote:"Because K-On/Mio fans will pick Mikoto for next match.

Okay, I don't have survey proof of somehing like that, but let the time prove this (actually I hope I'M WRONG)."
------------
no your pretty much right~ exactly what im going to do~ altho I'd perfer azusa to win, I guess mio is fine too.
and....if its boring....then erm.....don't participate?
---------
well time to go buy Azusa and Mio figmas to celebrate them being top 5~
I am already happy with Mio, Azusa, and Yui's progress this year. Come on, with 3 characters in top 10,(Mio<3, Azusa 4th and Yui 9th[if I have not mistaken.]), any true K-ON fan will satisfy with this result. This just shows how much impact does this anime made to the audience. Along with CLANNAD, which has only 11 major female characters and 8 of them are in ISML regular season, K-ON helps Kyoani once again to win over JC Staff and other anime producers. I bet there is no and there might be no anime can beat CLANNAD's record of 8 characters in regular season out of 50 total contestants.

PS: The championships or necklaces themselves hardly mean anything to the overall quality of the anime series. A good anime series should contain more than a few memorable characters beside the main characters.
Last edited by Midst on Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kiopi
Intelligent device
Intelligent device
Worships: Mari Illustrious Makinami

Post by Kiopi » Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:35 am

In the Shana vs Mikoto match, there are basically several factions (excluding neutral fans):

K-On! faction: Expected to vote in favor of Mikoto (not 100%, but at least a significant chunk will)
Shana faction: Definitely voting Shana
Hinagiku faction: Depends on which match hurts more, the lost to Azusa or the lost to Shana (latter might hurt more since that is a permanent boot)
Kugimiya faction: Portion of it will be the Shana faction but then the ones that support Taiga will vote against Mikoto for beating Taiga?
Supporting:
  • Bakemonogatari: Oshino Shinobu ♦ Sengoku Nadeko ♦ Senjōgahara Hitagi
  • K-On!: Akiyama Mio ♦ Nakano Azusa ♦ Hirasawa Yui
  • Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai: Kashiwazaki Sena
  • Kore wa Zombie Desu ka?: Eucliwood Hellscythe
  • Haiyore! Nyaruko-san: Nyarlathotep
  • Kyōkai no Kanata: Kuriyama Mirai
  • Hyōka: Chitanda Eru
  • Mondaiji: Kurousagi
Nina.L
Ninja
Ninja
Wish: Don't want any Anti-vote ANYMORE

Post by Nina.L » Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:50 am

China AGAIN!!China Control the result!
But I want say if Mikoto Vs Mio/Shana Vs Mio
Mikoto fans will vote Shana and Shana fans will vote Mikoto
I don't know other place,China will like that
Game8910
Thaumaturge
Thaumaturge
Worships: Nakagawa Kanon
Wish: Athena gets really popular in the future, also TWGOK S3

Post by Game8910 » Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:52 am

The way I see it is this:

Mikoto just lost to Mio by almost 700 votes, if Mikoto beats Shana chances are more of the Shana faction (China) would side with Mio in the finals.
Mikoto just lost to Mio by almost 700 votes, do you really think she can beat that same Mio....twice?
Mikoto just lost to Mio by almost 700 votes, if Mikoto beats Shana do people really think the final match against Mio will be any different? (maybe less than 700 vote difference but...)

I dont usually feel 10% confident in my predictions, but in this case I see Mikoto's chances of beating Mio to be 0%, Mikoto could definitely beat Shana though, Im pretty sure the K-ON faction would love to use Mikoto as a tool 1 more time to make sure there is no threat for Mio to win. (Not that the threat from Shana is big at this point IMO).

If Shana does win, were would Mikoto's support lean to? While I see some siding with Mio...I really believe Mikoto fans would use Shana the same way the K-ON faction used Mikoto. Regardless of what happens, the final match will be KyoAni Empire vs JC Staff alliance
c35
Ninja
Ninja

Post by c35 » Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:58 am

KholdStare88 wrote:If it's boring, then don't vote. This discussion is over. it seems like you registered just to comment on how boring ISML Finals will be. Take it elsewhere.

Sorry if my posts insult you. Never intended to do that (sincerely).

But next time, please attack someone's OPINION if you dislike it, not the PERSON. That's very childish.
Kinda like you commented to your parents in your house "the floor is very dirty" and your parents replied "just get outta here if you don't like it".
loudmouth
Intelligent device
Intelligent device
Wish: To go to heaven

Post by loudmouth » Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:59 am

Kiopi wrote:In the Shana vs Mikoto match, there are basically several factions (excluding neutral fans):

K-On! faction: Expected to vote in favor of Mikoto (not 100%, but at least a significant chunk will)
Shana faction: Definitely voting Shana
Hinagiku faction: Depends on which match hurts more, the lost to Azusa or the lost to Shana (latter might hurt more since that is a permanent boot)
Kugimiya faction: Portion of it will be the Shana faction but then the ones that support Taiga will vote against Mikoto for beating Taiga?
And then there's the Mikoto faction
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Chocola
Hikarin's Kitty
Hikarin's Kitty
Worships: Kousaka Reina
2017 Female Favorite: Karasuma Chitose
2017 Male Favorite: Killua Zoldyck
Wish: Hikachu to not hate me

Post by Chocola » Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:01 am

c35 wrote:
KholdStare88 wrote:But next time, please attack someone's OPINION if you dislike it, not the PERSON. That's very childish.
There's nothing to attack, because it's not wrong. I'm attacking you because you're being annoying, not your opinion. You don't have to remind us in every post that ISML Finals will be boring. It's almost...childish.

And to add, an analogy. The floor is indeed dirty; no one's arguing that. But your parents are busy with something, and you remind them every 5 minutes. You should get out indeed.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
MAL Ratings ISML Chat, Saimoe Blog, Saimoe Wiki
A tall, towering wall looms in front of me. Beyond that is something that I could never to see on my own.
And that is...the view from the top.
loudmouth
Intelligent device
Intelligent device

Post by loudmouth » Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:08 am

KholdStare88 wrote:
c35 wrote:
KholdStare88 wrote:But next time, please attack someone's OPINION if you dislike it, not the PERSON. That's very childish.
There's nothing to attack, because it's not wrong. I'm attacking you because you're being annoying, not your opinion. You don't have to remind us in every post that ISML Finals will be boring. It's almost...childish.

And to add, an analogy. The floor is indeed dirty; no one's arguing that. But your parents are busy with something, and you remind them every 5 minutes. You should get out indeed.
I think it's a nice floor. And Shana does have a chance I think. So don't sell your eggs before you even count them. There's an OVA still unfinished. and that last K-ON is filler. There's still a chance.
Midst
Zealot
Zealot

Post by Midst » Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:09 am

Game8910 wrote:The way I see it is this:

Mikoto just lost to Mio by almost 700 votes, if Mikoto beats Shana chances are more of the Shana faction (China) would side with Mio in the finals.
Mikoto just lost to Mio by almost 700 votes, do you really think she can beat that same Mio....twice?
Mikoto just lost to Mio by almost 700 votes, if Mikoto beats Shana do people really think the final match against Mio will be any different? (maybe less than 700 vote difference but...)

I dont usually feel 10% confident in my predictions, but in this case I see Mikoto's chances of beating Mio to be 0%, Mikoto could definitely beat Shana though, Im pretty sure the K-ON faction would love to use Mikoto as a tool 1 more time to make sure there is no threat for Mio to win. (Not that the threat from Shana is big at this point IMO).

If Shana does win, were would Mikoto's support lean to? While I see some siding with Mio...I really believe Mikoto fans would use Shana the same way the K-ON faction used Mikoto. Regardless of what happens, the final match will be KyoAni Empire vs JC Staff alliance
Calm down, there is no such 0% probability in real life. Pure math never works perfectly. Mikoto might get some support if she advances to the final, because people will see that Mio has gotten too much advantage and anti-vote her. You know, humans love to pity weak sides. I count on Shana's pure strength and she will be facing Mio again.
Midst
Zealot
Zealot

Post by Midst » Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:16 am

KholdStare88 wrote:
c35 wrote:

Personally, I don't think ISML finals will be boring. It has been an exciting season.
Trivia: So, putting it into the analogy, your parents don't agree on the floor is dirty, but you remind them every 5 minutes. You should get the vacuum cleaner and clean the floor, or shut up and stay away from the dirty floor. Otherwise, your parents will be angry on you and attack you. = = I believe that they don't attack your opinion if you insist it. They just attack your childish action that does not imply a clue that you respect their opinions.

PS: Don't act like an insider if you are really not an insider. Pretending that you are smarter than everybody may reveal your stupidity. Don't attack me, because that applies to me as well as everybody in the world.
Last edited by Midst on Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chocola
Hikarin's Kitty
Hikarin's Kitty
Worships: Kousaka Reina
2017 Female Favorite: Karasuma Chitose
2017 Male Favorite: Killua Zoldyck
Wish: Hikachu to not hate me

Post by Chocola » Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:20 am

Basically, we should talk about something else and not about how boring ISML Finals will be.

If Mikoto beats Shana: Where will Shana fans go? Will they vote against Mio or hate-vote Mikoto?
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
MAL Ratings ISML Chat, Saimoe Blog, Saimoe Wiki
A tall, towering wall looms in front of me. Beyond that is something that I could never to see on my own.
And that is...the view from the top.
loudmouth
Intelligent device
Intelligent device

Post by loudmouth » Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:23 am

Someone pointed out earlier that there were a whole mess of votes for the Mikoto/Mio match (muh muh muh) Anyone wonder why? Obviously there are quite a few on either side. Mio fans saw Mikoto beat Shana, so Mikoto was obviously a serious threat to them, and they felt they needed to protect Mio. On the other side, Mikoto's losing score was higher than any other score in the tournament. Now I'm not saying this is the answer (I'm just thinking aloud) That could've been all the JC Staff fans combined? more or less? If that's true...
Midst
Zealot
Zealot

Post by Midst » Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:24 am

KholdStare88 wrote:Basically, we should talk about something else and not about how boring ISML Finals will be.

If Mikoto beats Shana: Where will Shana fans go? Will they vote against Mio or hate-vote Mikoto?
This is a very hard question to answer. Some Shana fans may be mad at Mikoto and go for Mio. I don't know if there is a rivalry developed between Mio and Shana.(I think there might be a little bit since Mio won the last match against Shana.) So I would estimate 40% go for Mio, 30% for Mikoto, and other 30% unknown or abstain.
Midst
Zealot
Zealot

Post by Midst » Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:26 am

loudmouth wrote:Someone pointed out earlier that there were a whole mess of votes for the Mikoto/Mio match (muh muh muh) Anyone wonder why? Obviously there are quite a few on either side. Mio fans saw Mikoto beat Shana, so Mikoto was obviously a serious threat to them, and they felt they needed to protect Mio. On the other side, Mikoto's losing score was higher than any other score in the tournament. Now I'm not saying this is the answer (I'm just thinking aloud) That could've been all the JC Staff fans combined? more or less? If that's true...
I think Shana is a strong threat to Mio than Mikoto, because Shana is #1, and she got 3 necklaces and China.= = I hate to say that, but from my past experience in Chinese forum, Shana fans > Mio fans(K-On). BTW, it just the stupid forum; indeed it hardly can make sense.

Actually, anime producers do not mean much to non-Japanese voters. Can you name more than 5 producers without checking google?
kuachai
Harem lead
Harem lead

Post by kuachai » Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:33 am

Only when Shana and Mikoto factions unite then they have a chance of beating Mio. Otherwise, it is not decided by China, it is Taiwan (if you consider them as a different voting source).

If you have noticed, China has always been slightly inclined to be anti K-On. The reason why Shana won this round is that basically..Taiwanese support for Azusa has suddenly...evaporated?