Worships: Setsumi Sakura
Melon Pan: 88
2019 Female Favorite: Tōma Kazusa
2019 Male Favorite: Ayanokōji Kiyotaka
2018 Female Favorite: Nishimiya Shōko
2018 Male Favorite: Sagara Sōsuke
2017 Female Favorite: Megumin
2017 Male Favorite: Zen Wistalia
Wish: ISML - A new face for the champion.
KBM - to revive
AST - to encourage international participation
IRL - My definition of peace and tranquility.

Elimination 2011 Featured Match Writeups

Post by Momento10 » Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:56 am

Saying this in advance, I am sorry.
Marinara wrote:Featured Match previews/descriptions/teasers for ISML matches are needed every round. Anyone in the community is welcome to contribute in any language. Accepted submissions will be displayed on the front page during the voting round and archived on the site afterwards. You may receive cookies when you submit and/or help edit write-ups.

Archived write-ups can be found here for reference: http://www.internationalsaimoe.com/cont ... _index.php

Guidelines
  • You must be fair to all candidates involved. Write in a neutral voice but keep the reader in suspense, too.
  • 200-word limit for each write-up, regardless of content or style.
  • Please use the spelling conventions that ISML uses (e.g. with the macrons ō and ū).
  • Because these will be on the front page, appropriateness and quality of writing are extremely important.
  • Please proofread your work from the perspective of a normal visitor; would he or she understand what you wrote?
  • Try to avoid major plot/character spoilers.
  • Unfortunately, not every submission will be featured.
  • And perhaps MOST IMPORTANT, final revisions of the submissions must be turned in, at the latest, 5 hours before the start of each match. If additional edits are done after the cut-off time, please PM Marinara immediately.
Tips for Writers
  • Beware of long, cumbersome sentences. While many of them are technically correct, with their commas and conjunctions, they often sound very awkward and become difficult to follow after some length. Try to be considerate of your readers and vary up your sentences' lengths to create regular patterns. Read your works out loud and consider how each sentence sounds.
  • Be very careful of using the same words over and over (example: "girl"), and of using the same sentence structures repeatedly (ex: "Girl A blah blah blah blah blah. On the other hand, Girl B blah blah blah"). Avoid repetition and get creative with your descriptions of the contestants, while still remaining true to their characters.
  • Most of all, try to have fun with your writing! If you find yourself in a slump and using the same style repeatedly with no vigor to your work, then take a break. Maybe read a blog entry or something elsewhere to freshen up your language, then try to write on a clean page. If you're forcing yourself and not having fun, then stop. Come back for the next round. If you're having trouble with something, let us know here and someone or multiple "someones" is/are bound to jump in and aid you.
Post your writings here, and Staff will review and consider them. If you have just ideas, but not whole write-ups, that's okay, too! We can all help each other come up with the best paragraphs to introduce our matches. Thank you for helping to improve ISML!
With amdrag's thread, I am assuming you guys already know what the next matches are going to be. If not, here is a reminder and the format of how it is going to look like:
Eclairs wrote:usually, the tree ( if we follow how ATP tours etc ) should look like this :

1 x 16 - A
---------------------A x B = p
8 x 9 - B
------------------------------------------- p x q = x
5 x 12 - C
--------------------- C x D = q
4 x 13 - D

-------------------------------------------------------------------- x vs y = Tiara Winner

3 x 14 - E
----------------------E x F = r
6 x 11 - F
------------------------------------------- r x s = y
7 x 10 - G
---------------------G x H = s
2 x 15 - H
In other words:
#1 Tachibana Kanade vs. #16 Sengoku Nadeko
#8 Katsura Hinagiku vs. #9 Akiyama Mio
#5 Shana vs. #12 Yui
#4 Nakano Azusa vs. #13 Nakamura Yuri
#3 Nagato Yuki vs. #14 Senjōgahara Hitagi
#6 Gokō Ruri vs. #11 Eucliwood Hellscythe
#7 Aisaka Taiga vs. #10 Suzumiya Haruhi
#2 Misaka Mikoto vs. #15 Charlotte Dunois

With that in mind, excluding the exhibition matches, you have about a three weeks to create a write up for the any of the eight preliminary round matches stated above. If you already have a thought about what you want to write for a particular match and have free time in your busy schedule, put it down. Do not hesitate if other people "claim" a match to write already. We accept everyone's write-ups and offers, so please place it here anyway. Again, you have three weeks, so even if you cannot think of something now, you have plenty of time to brainstorm your ideas for and of the eight matches presented. Remember to enjoy what you write. That is very important too. Have fun!
Last edited by Momento10 on Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
Eclairs
Shinigami
Shinigami
Worships: Tamura Manami // Nagato Yuki // Aisaka Taiga
Melon Pan: 50
Wish: MUFC to win the treble of Premier League, FA cup and UEFA Champions league in the 2013/2014 season.

Re: Elimination 2011 Featured Match Writeups

Post by Eclairs » Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:22 am

Heads up to the writers and editors :

I will mostly AVOID writing previews when it is concerning Tachibana Kanade, because someone told me that i have this subtle undertone of being slightly against her ( maybe because i dislike her ? ). So, feel free to write the kanade previews.

I am also anticipating quite a lot of ex. matches in the voting days, so i might cover some of those too .
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Thanks a lot to Hikari-Chan , Midnight-Jasper and ppizzapie for the awesome signatures and slivers.
"Take caution thy children, for thou art guilty of sin if thou does not fappeth to the lolis!" Bob 23:29-192
Chocola
Hikarin's Kitty
Hikarin's Kitty
Worships: Kousaka Reina
2017 Female Favorite: Karasuma Chitose
2017 Male Favorite: Killua Zoldyck
Wish: Hikachu to not hate me

Post by Chocola » Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:26 am

Momento10 wrote:Saying this in advance, I am sorry.
Marinara wrote:Beware of long, cumbersome sentences. While many of them are technically correct, with their commas and conjunctions, they often sound very awkward and become difficult to follow after some length. Try to be considerate of your readers and vary up your sentences' lengths to create regular patterns. Read your works out loud and consider how each sentence sounds.
What are you talking about; long, cumbersome sentences are delicious, just like Holo's tail; it's very soft and fluffy and I want to nibble it; your face is awkward and difficult, not to mention lengthy; how this for a regular pattern?
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
MAL Ratings ISML Chat, Saimoe Blog, Saimoe Wiki
A tall, towering wall looms in front of me. Beyond that is something that I could never to see on my own.
And that is...the view from the top.
Eater-of-All
Dragon slayer
Dragon slayer
Badges:
Melon Pan: 65

Post by Eater-of-All » Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:19 am

KholdStare88 wrote:
Momento10 wrote:Saying this in advance, I am sorry.
Marinara wrote:Beware of long, cumbersome sentences. While many of them are technically correct, with their commas and conjunctions, they often sound very awkward and become difficult to follow after some length. Try to be considerate of your readers and vary up your sentences' lengths to create regular patterns. Read your works out loud and consider how each sentence sounds.
What are you talking about; long, cumbersome sentences are delicious, just like Holo's tail; it's very soft and fluffy and I want to nibble it; your face is awkward and difficult, not to mention lengthy; how this for a regular pattern?
I'm glad KS finally found the beauty of semi-colons; they definitely make the world go round. :bigsmile:
SpoilerShow
xcrossfacekillahx
Incubator
Incubator
Worships: Rosario Cross
Wish: A very good tournament and more cookies. Moehood to reign

Post by xcrossfacekillahx » Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:44 am

Eclairs wrote:Heads up to the writers and editors :

I will mostly AVOID writing previews when it is concerning Tachibana Kanade, because someone told me that i have this subtle undertone of being slightly against her ( maybe because i dislike her ? ). So, feel free to write the kanade previews.

I am also anticipating quite a lot of ex. matches in the voting days, so i might cover some of those too .
I want to see the match previews for the ex. but I don't think I will since it's 3 weeks away.

In times of doubt, sometimes you have to draw the line that you will never cross and all that massive dislike of Kanade will decrease hopefully. This is why I'm hoping for a good Kanade vs Nadeko previews in which I want to translate. Of course I always like good competition so there.
Bastion
Titan
Titan
Badges:
Wish: People who actually want to do their jobs.

Post by Bastion » Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:55 pm

I'm going to attempt to write a piece for the Hinagiku vs Mio match; but as the brain started to put it together, it was sounding more like a pre-match scene than an actual write-up for the battle; so however it gets to be used in the end :biggrin:
Hinagiku Katsura vs Akiyama MioShow
The audience is standing around the staging area, waiting for the final matches of the year to begin. Lights suddenly turn on, exposing two shadows to the masses. The sound of mirror-image guitars fill the air, joined by two intertwining voices singing 'yuugure no kanata kara shinkirou' before the lights go up revealing Hinagiku and Mio playing their instruments and singing, with their band-mates and friends behind them. Whatever the show is, the audience loves it, and, at the end of the song, the two girls walk off the stage, Mio carefully watching her step for any wires she could trip over, they seem like the best of friends. If only their next stage appearance didn't have them competing.
Here's the song I picture them singing (AMV)Show
The AMV should be SFW, the lyrics.. not so much.
The song Sexy Sexy by Cascade is the ending song to the Ghost Stories anime (for some reason I have it as a Dirty Pair theme :?: ). Seems fitting for the battles
Last edited by Bastion on Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:37 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Jamie AB is open for business. How would you like your hare-brained scheme?
Confusing statements are fun :p
Medaka Kurokami wrote:People aren't meant to protect the rules, rules are meant to protect people
(*'////'*)
SpoilerShow
http://i979.photobucket.com/albums/ae27 ... nner-1.png" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;[/img]

ImageImage
*Puts Nagi behind the drums and Hinagiku at the front with the mike and a guitar*
Banners made by Midnight Jasper & Marinara
Kordosa wrote:I can just imagine all of the Hinagiku facepalming moments. That alone is worth it.
HnG chapter 333 pg 9 wrote:She (Hinagiku) realized an incredibly obvious but oft overlooked point: One had to read the manga before they could give their judgment of it.
ithekro wrote:Remember you aren't allowed to use your powers for evil.
With great power comes great responsibility
Absolute power corrupts absolutely
Tomoya Okazaki wrote:Can I beat you until you're motionless?
MegaTokyo wrote:Some of us are just a little more screwed up than others.
Saber (maglor) wrote:It is not how much, but it is where the king spends that tells what kind of king he is.
Rito wrote:Men don't decide whether they like someone or not based solely on breast size.
Kordosa wrote:Boy, I really need to learn to keep my questions to myself. It only makes things worse.
The lunatics around you are once again doing something to lower your opinion of human intelligence. ~Face Palm
Your sense of time tells you how much of your life has been wasted because you didn't take us at our word. ~Cracked.com
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Azu-nyan, Hina-chan, Aoyama-chan and Subaru-nyan-chan
Momento10
Electromaster
Electromaster
Badges:
ImageImageImageImage
KBM - to revive

Post by Momento10 » Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:00 am

I wonder if we will be using quotes this year similar to last year. If so, maybe the following quotes would work:
QuotesShow
#1 Tachibana Kanade vs. #16 Sengoku Nadeko: Time for me to make a big statement.
#8 Katsura Hinagiku vs. #9 Akiyama Mio: I will not be under your shadow any longer.
#5 Shana vs. #12 Yui: You can't burn out the fire in my heart!
#4 Nakano Azusa vs. #13 Nakamura Yuri: With my friends by my side, I can overcome anything.
#3 Nagato Yuki vs. #14 Senjōgahara Hitagi: My world became a little bit brighter because of you.
#6 Gokō Ruri vs. #11 Eucliwood Hellscythe: To change who I currently am - that is my wish.
#7 Aisaka Taiga vs. #10 Suzumiya Haruhi: If you think you have what it takes to defeat me, think again!
#2 Misaka Mikoto vs. #15 Charlotte Dunois: I am not just some pretty girl with a pretty face.
Ayane_Chii
Dango
Dango
Worships: Ayano Tateyama, Izayoi Sakamaki, Len Kagamine
Wish: A world full of shotas, sodas, banana chips and cookies

Post by Ayane_Chii » Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:29 am

Tachibana Kanade vs. Sengoku NadekoShow
Finally, the regular season has come to an end, and the moment we've all been anticipating for is here, the few matches left for one of these 16 girls to take the Heavenly Tiara. The Invincible Tenshi, Tachibana Kanade, was the first one in the history of ISML to render a perfect score in the Regular season, without any losses. Sengoku Nadeko had faced all the challenges and her efforts weren't wasted as she was one of the 16 finalists chosen. However, a perilous task awaits her, as she has to beat the contestant who has beaten all the other contestants. Will Kanade defeat Nadeko as expected by everyone,or will Nadeko bring her to a shameful defeat?
This will be the first write-up I will ever submit. I always write essays, but I don't have that talent. :oops:
Shana vs. YuiShow
These two girls can be fiery in a very different way. Shana is literally fiery, with her red-burning hair and eyes, however, inside her lies a very passionate and fragile girl. Yui is cute and much of a couch potato, but she'll be burning and flaming when it comes to her dreams. Will Shana defeat Yui with her Nietono no Shana, or will Yui be strong enough to hold on her dreams?
Red is the color of the hero ~Ayano Tateyama
Eclairs
Shinigami
Shinigami
Worships: Tamura Manami // Nagato Yuki // Aisaka Taiga
Wish: MUFC to win the treble of Premier League, FA cup and UEFA Champions league in the 2013/2014 season.

Post by Eclairs » Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:48 pm

Single Elimination : First Round

(Edit) Round 1 Write-ups:
Tachibana Kanade (Angel Beats!) vs. Sengoku Nadeko (Bakemonogata…Show
"My journey to immortality starts here!"
As the leaves fall during the cold autumn season, Tachibana Kanade starts her journey to immortality. Undisturbed by the challenges laid before her, she trots onward, focused with unflinching determination and unquestionable resolve on becoming the new empress of the land. Woes betide those who try to stop Kanade in her tracks, as she blazes her way to the top of the pier. Subduing even the most veteran of the old guards, nothing seems to be able to put a halt to her lofty ambitions. As Sengoku Nadeko musters her last remaining ember of strength, she knows what lies in front of her. Their previous bout was a taste of reality, showing her the gaping chasm between her and her opponent. But she must go on if she wants to etch her name in the Hall of Champions. Battle-hardened, Nadeko shows that when the tokens are down, she has what it takes to stand victorious. Her inner strength, often used to lift her spirit when facing unfathomable dangers, will again be tested. Will Tachibana Kanade shove her opponent aside, or will Sengoku Nadeko spring an upset instead?
Katsura Hinagiku (Hayate no Gotoku!) vs. Akiyama Mio (K-ON!)Show
"After savouring power and prestige, I will not relinquish them without a fight!"
As Katsura Hinagiku fixates her eyes on Akiyama Mio, the deposed queen knows that she has a monumental task on hand in order to reclaim her throne. Her reign was short-lived, as she was knocked off her lofty perch barely a year ago. While Hinagiku has managed to triumph over her successor twice, in the space of two years that they have known each other Mio has managed to stage a coup d’état, disposing of Hinagiku with the aid of her trusted ally. As the queen was ousted from her seat, Mio rose majestically to claim the coveted prize. But the current ruler has to withstand overwhelming pressure from her predecessor, as well as a fellow upstart, who covets her position at the top of the hierarchy. Mio knows that if she finally manages to subdue the former queen head-on, her reign will last—at least for another day. As for Hinagku, only by beating her usurper will she be granted the chance to reclaim her past glories. Which member of royalty will hold the white flag as the dust settles?
Nagato Yuki ( Suzumiya Haruhi no Yūutsu ) vs Senjōgahara Hitagi ( Bakemonogatari ) : WC = 174
" The pain we both share, and the happiness that we crave, are the testament of our innerself. "
SpoilerShow
Solitude has often been a situation that people dread enduring. Yet for both Nagato Yuki and Senjōgahara Hitagi, isolation is synonymous with them. Far detached from the rays of warmth and love, these lovely maidens have been enduring the pain of being alone. As their inner selves shouted and grimaced, longing to be saved from the cruel fate befalling them, they put on a tough front, as if nothing was concerning them. Saddled by her obligation to observe a peculiar phenomenon, Yuki methodically kept her distance from the other club members. Burdened by her atypical condition, Hitagi prevented contact with others, in order to keep her secret hidden. Despite the fact that everything seems lost, a single ray of hope beams itself towards both Yuki and Hitagi. Finally finding consorts who actually understand them, Yuki and Hitagi were ushered out of the doom and gloom which had been hovering above their heads. Relieved of the heavy weight on their shoulders, Nagato Yuki and Senjougahara Hitagi now stride forward, embracing their new and warm future.
Aisaka Taiga ( Toradora ) vs Suzumiya Haruhi ( Suzumiya Haruhi no Yūutsu ) : WC = 190
" I will stand firm on my beliefs and you wont be the stumbling block to my beliefs"
SpoilerShow
“Thou shall not pass. “As those words were uttered by Aisaka Taiga, Suzumiya Haruhi slowed her pace to a standstill. Narrowing her eyes towards the petite girl in front of her, Haruhi shook her head frantically. She wondered why Lady Luck never favours her. Four times already has she been stopped in her tracks by Taiga. Her past encounters with Taiga have been etched indelibly in her memories. She knows that she has to improvise if she is to pass through unscathed and continue her search for the peculiarities of the world. As for Taiga, the sight of Haruhi rampaging through is not tolerable. While she has managed to halt Haruhi before, Taiga is all too aware of the ramifications if she becomes complacent and charges towards her opponent without thinking. Their past bouts flash through Taiga’s memories, as she decides on her next course of action. Merely replicating what happened in their previous confrontations might not be the best solution, for her opponent might spring a surprise or two. As Suzumiya Haruhi moves forward,will she finally be able to solve the Palmtop Tiger, or will Aisaka Taiga be the stumbling block once again?
Exhibition matches
Astarotte Ygvar (Astarotte no Omocha!) vs. Moriyama Shiemi (Ao n…Show
One of the subtle flavours in the world of anime is the list of contrasting characters that anchor their respective shows. While a partition of fans prefers the strong, tsundere-type girls, there is also a considerable faction of fans who prefer the meek and shy—with this match-up being between two such girls. Voiced by the tsundere queen herself, Astarotte is the strong-willed succubus princess of her kingdom. On the other hand, HanaKana is the seiyū of the reticent and introvert Shiemi. Despite their differences, they share several parallels such as their awkwardness towards males. While Astarotte bluntly rejects males due to her mother's influence, Shiemi has difficulties in adjusting to having guys around her due to her own circumstances. But, like flowers that bloom after a period of time, they finally managed to overcome their repelling impulses, and blossom into adorable maidens. Will the Kugyū factor grant Astarotte Ygvar a win in this exhibition match, or will the backings of HanaKana turn the tides towards Moriyama Shiemi instead?
Millhiore Firianno Biscotti ( Dog Days ) vs Leonmitchelli Galette des Rois ( Dog Days ) WC : 196
SpoilerShow
Which one is cuter, a puppy or a kitten? It is said that by looking at a pair of stooped puppy eyes, will be enough to douse someone of his or her rage, as dogs are often synonymous to human’s best companion. On the other hand, watching the cats’ exhibit their mischievous behaviour can carve a smile even on someone who is apathetic, for cats are known to be human’s best playmate. As Millhiore Firianno Biscotti faces up against her best friend and heated rival Leonmitchelli Galette des Rois, the fans of Dog Days will be split into two ‘warring’ factions. If the voters prefer the ‘Canis’ family, they will most probably side with the princess of the Biscotti Republic. Loved by everyone in her nation, Millhiori is a gentle and hardworking person, fitting the mould of a dog. On the other hand, should the fans vouch for the ‘Feline’ family, Leonmitchelli will entice their votes. A brave warrior, she utilises heavy armoury in battle to live up the expectations of her people from the Galette empire. As the two close friends square up for another friendly confrontation, which one will emerge victorious : the puppy Millhiore Firianno Biscotti or the kitten Leon Mitchelli Galette des Rois.
Last edited by Eclairs on Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:43 am, edited 12 times in total.
Thanks a lot to Hikari-Chan , Midnight-Jasper and ppizzapie for the awesome signatures and slivers.
"Take caution thy children, for thou art guilty of sin if thou does not fappeth to the lolis!" Bob 23:29-192
Bastion
Titan
Titan
Badges:

Post by Bastion » Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:57 pm

Eclairs wrote:Tachibana Kanade ( Angel Beats! ) vs Sengoku Nadeko ( Bakemonogatari ) : WC = 188 / Flavour : The journey to immortality starts here.
SpoilerShow
As the flower petals fall down the autumn leaves, Tachibana Kanade starts her journey to immortality. Undisturbed, unperturbed and unruffled by the challenges lay down to her, she trots her way, to become the new empress of the land with unflinching determination and unquestionable resolve. Woes betide those who tried to stop Kanade on her tracks, as she trail blazes her way to the top of the pier. Subduing even the most veteran of the old guards, nothing seems to be able to put a halt to her lofty ambitions. As Sengoku Nadeko musters her last remaining ember of strength, she knows what lies in front of her. Their previous bout was a taste of reality, showing her the gaping chasm between her and her opponent. But she must go on, if she wants to etch her names in the Halls of the Champions. Battle hardened, Nadeko shows that when the tokens if down, she has what it takes to stand victorious. Her inner self, often been used to lit her spirit when she faces unfathomable dangers. Will Tachibana Kanade shove her opponent aside, or will Sengoku Nadeko spring an upset instead?
-she trots [on] her way[] to - change wording/grammer to help flow?
-Woes betide those who tried to stop Kanade [in] her tracks - word tense
-, as she [] blazes her way - think that 'trail' is an unnecessary word entry
-if she wants to etch her name[] in the - only one name
-Nadeko shows that when the tokens [are] down - wrong word for the tense
-often [having] been used to [lift] her spirit - added word for structure and I think you missed a letter
Eclairs wrote:Katsura Hinagiku ( Hayate no Gotoku ) vs Akiyama Mio ( K-ON! ) : WC = 192 / Flavour : Queen's remorse.
SpoilerShow
As Katsura Hinagiku fixates her eyes towards Akiyama Mio, the deposed queen knows that she has a monumental task on her hands to reclaim her throne. Her reign was short-lived, as she was knocked off her lofty perch, barely a year ago. While Hinagiku has managed to triumph over her successor twice, in the space of two years they have known each others, Mio has manage to stage a coup d’état, disposing Hinagiku with the aid of her trusted ally. As the dethroned queen was ousted from her seat, Mio rose majestically to claim the coveted prize. But the current ruler has to withstand overwhelming pressure from her predecessor, as well as a fellow upstart, coveting her position at the top of the hierarchy. Mio knows that, if she finally manages to subdue the former queen head on, her reign will last, at least for another day, as she prepares for the assault for the upstart who has caused a major furore within her realm. As for Hinagku, she knows that only by beating her usurper, will she be granted the chance to reclaim her past glories. Which ‘royalty’ will hold the white flag as the dusts settle?
-'fixes' - flows a little better.
-'managed' - tense
-'disposing Hinagiku with the aid of her trusted ally.' - Would suggest another word choise, 'Ally' just sounds too vague.
-would suggest 'naming' the flag, white flag can mean surrender, while flying a flag could give the image of the battle starting, think you put the 's' on the end of the wrong word - [dust settles]
Eclairs wrote:Nagato Yuki ( Suzumiya Haruhi no Yūutsu ) vs Senjōgahara Hitagi ( Bakemonogatari ) : WC = 170 / Flavour : Despair and Hope.
SpoilerShow
Solitude – has often been the situation people are dreading to endure. Yet for both Nagato Yuki and Senjōgahara Hitagi, isolation is synonymous with them. Far detached from the ray of warmth and love, these lovely maidens have been enduring the pain of being alone. As their inner self shouted and grimaced, longing to be saved from this cruel fate befalling them, they kept a tough exterior to the world, as if nothing was concerning them. Saddled by her obligation to observe a peculiar phenomenon, Yuki methodically kept her distance from the other club members. Burdened by her atypical condition, Hitagi must prevent contact with others, least her secret might be exposed. As everything seems lost, a single ray of hope beams itself towards both Yuki and Hitagi. Finally finding consorts who actually understand them, Yuki and Hitagi was ushered out of the doom and gloom which have been hovering above their head. With the heavy weight from their shoulders relieved, Nagato Yuki and Senjougahara hitagi stride forward to attain their new and warm future.
-'Yet for both Nagato Yuki and Senjōgahara Hitagi, isolation is synonymous with them.' - don't know about the flow of this sentance.
--'For both these girls, isolation is the path they chose' - ?
-Far detached from the ray of - plural for multiple rays
Eclairs wrote:Aisaka Taiga ( Toradora ) vs Suzumiya Haruhi ( Suzumiya Haruhi no Yūutsu ) : WC = 194 / Flavour : Thou shall not pass.
SpoilerShow
“Thou shall not pass. “As those words were uttered by Aisaka Taiga, Suzumiya Haruhi slowed her pace to a standstill. Focusing her irises towards the petite girl in front, Haruhi shook her heads frantically. She wondered why is Lady Luck always do not favour her every time she confronts the maiden. Four times already has she been stopped on her tracks by Taiga. Her past encounters with Taiga has been etched indelibly in her memories. She knows that she has to improvise if she is to pass through unscathed and continue her searches for the peculiarities of the world. As for Taiga, the sight of Haruhi rampaging through is not tolerable. While she has manage to halt Haruhi before, Taiga is all too aware of the ramification if she becomes complacent and foolhardily charge towards her opponent. Their past bouts flash through Taiga’s memories, as she decides on her next course of action. Merely replicating what happened on their previous confrontation might not be the best solution, for her opponent might spring a surprise or two. As Suzumiya Haruhi move forward, will she finally manage it in the fifth time asking or will Aisaka Taiga again be the stumbling block?

-'[Narrowing her eyes] towards the petite girl in front [of her], Haruhi shook her head[] frantically. She wondered why is Lady Luck always [does] not favour her' - Irises seems too technical a term, setting the image, Haruhi only has one head.. doesn't she? (:p)
--Last phrase might sound better 'She wondered why Lady Luck never favours her' instead.
-Four times already has she been stopped [in] her tracks by Taiga. - wrong letter?
-[managed] - tense
-Taiga is all too aware of the ramification if she becomes complacent and [] charge towards her opponent [without thinking] - 'foolhardily' strikes me as the wrong word to use in this situation
-move forward - tense
-manage [a win] in the fifth time asking - not sure if the pronoun is the right choise to go with here.

Edited for updated and added previews
Last edited by Bastion on Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Medaka Kurokami wrote:People aren't meant to protect the rules, rules are meant to protect people
(*'////'*)
SpoilerShow
http://i979.photobucket.com/albums/ae27 ... nner-1.png" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;[/img]

ImageImage
*Puts Nagi behind the drums and Hinagiku at the front with the mike and a guitar*
Kordosa wrote:I can just imagine all of the Hinagiku facepalming moments. That alone is worth it.
HnG chapter 333 pg 9 wrote:She (Hinagiku) realized an incredibly obvious but oft overlooked point: One had to read the manga before they could give their judgment of it.
Saber (maglor) wrote:It is not how much, but it is where the king spends that tells what kind of king he is.
Rito wrote:Men don't decide whether they like someone or not based solely on breast size.
Kordosa wrote:Boy, I really need to learn to keep my questions to myself. It only makes things worse.
The lunatics around you are once again doing something to lower your opinion of human intelligence. ~Face Palm
Your sense of time tells you how much of your life has been wasted because you didn't take us at our word. ~Cracked.com
Aria.H
Osananajimi
Osananajimi
Worships: Uzumaki Naruto

Post by Aria.H » Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:11 pm

Just trying a new style... First write-up in English, hope for some suggestions.
Nakano Auzsa(K-ON!) vs. Nakamura Yuri(Angel Beats!)Show
With my friends by my side, I can overcome anything.
"I need to practise more in order to be...""I wanted to take care of...""My parents had hopes on me...""They trusted me...""But...""But, I failed."Two girls. Two lives. Two personalities. Yet, a similar determination and hope. "Yui-senpai, Ritsu-senpai! The concert is soon, we really need to practise!""Guys! Stop this non-sense. This operation has to work in order to defeat Tenshi!"They have hoped that they can prove themselves. Yet reality slaps them back onto the earth again. "I can't get better in this situation.""I curse the God who gave me this life."But they have learned that they are never alone. "Senpai, don't worry. I like this HTT team. Just us, no other new members.""I should've realised this earlier. Kanade-chan, we should be the best friends."And maybe someday, they can tell the world proudly, "I am strong, because I have my friends by my side."

Translation for Chinese.
中野梓(K-ON) vs. 仲村由理(Angel Beats!)Show
有我的朋友在身边,我能挺过任何困难。
“我必须更加努力练习,为了能……”“我需要照顾他们……”“我父母对我寄予了希望……”“他们相信我一定可以……”“但是……”“但是,我让他们失望了。”两位女孩;两个生活;两种性格;却有着同样的坚持和渴望。“唯前辈,律前辈!学园祭很快就到了,我们必须练习一下了!”“喂你们!停止这些无聊的话题。听着,为了打倒天使我们这次作战必须成功!”她们希望能够在现实的考验中证明自己。然而现实则还了她们一个响亮的耳光,将她们从梦想中打醒。“这样下去,我们的水平根本不会提高。”“我诅咒上帝给了我这样的一生。”但是她们懂得了她们并不是一个人。“前辈们,别担心了。我喜欢这样的轻音部,有你们在的轻音部,就算没有新成员也没关系。”“我应该早点察觉到的。奏,我们应该能成为好朋友的。”也许有一天,她们能够自豪的告诉整个世界:“我很强,因为我身边有我的朋友。”
Last edited by Aria.H on Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Momento10
Electromaster
Electromaster
Badges:
ImageImageImageImage
KBM - to revive

Post by Momento10 » Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:56 pm

@Aria.H: It is a good first try, and I enjoyed it. I believe it would be more preferred if your writing were to be in paragraph form rather than the current form that you have chosen. Can you try to form it in a paragraph form instead. If you need any help with that, I am sure there are people here who will be willing to tweak your work into paragraph form while keeping true to your intentions of your written match.
Aria.H
Osananajimi
Osananajimi

Post by Aria.H » Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:38 am

@Momento10: Thanks :) So for the paragraph form, do you mean by putting it all into one paragraph?
Momento10
Electromaster
Electromaster
Badges:
ImageImageImageImage
KBM - to revive

Post by Momento10 » Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:58 am

@Aria.H: That is certainly better. While quotes are a good way to tell a story, I believe it would be better if you were to formulate it into actual sentences rather than quotes. I believe you have put down a bit too much, but it does emphasizes the description of the two characters very well. Do you mind if I were to tweak your paragraph for a bit?

Misaka Mikoto (Toaru Majutsu no Index) vs. Charlotte Dunois (IS <Infinite Stratos>)
"I am not just some pretty girl with a pretty face."
SpoilerShow
When society looks up to someone with high expectations, the person is put in a bind against their true nature. Such a clash between one's wishes and society's views has happened to these two combatants. Coming from a rich, elite school, one would perceive Misaka Mikoto as an elegant, graceful, and refined young woman. In truth, Mikoto is simply a girl who likes cute things, but will quickly strike down those doing ill to society. Around her friends, she would quickly hide this side of her for their views on her. Due to her father's words, Charlotte Dunois came to the academy disguised as a male. Because she was the "second" male classmate, many of the girls perceive and treat her as such. Deep down, she wishes to come merely as herself, to be treated like any other girl, not in the charade of a man. To find a place where they can be themselves would put their mind in ease. Breaking the common barrier and being their own selves may prove a challenge, but they will take forth that thorny road with whomever is willing to back them up.
Gokō Ruri (Ore no Imōto) vs. Eucliwood Hellscythe (Kore wa Zombie Desu ka?)
"To change who I currently am - that is my wish."
SpoilerShow
They have been alone for so long that they have become used to it. It is not that they have never made friends; whenever they try, the end result was not promising. Gokō Ruri is shunned by most of her classmates due to her awkwardness and is usually seen performing clean-up duties by herself. Even with putting on certain attire for experimentation and gaining attention, it does not work if there is no effort in communication put forth. Will she ever step down from her pride is the question. Because her words hold so much power and take a turn for the worse, Eucliwood Hellscythe chose to shut herself from emotional and verbal contact. She keeps herself distant from others and purposefully makes it so that it would be hard to strike a conversation with her. When they finally find a goal, a place of warmth and comfort, will they be able to step down from their pride, their original desires, and fend off against their fate? Mustering enough courage to do so, not for their own sake, they walk towards the light of hope in front of them and grasp it...
Last edited by Momento10 on Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:40 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Aria.H
Osananajimi
Osananajimi

Post by Aria.H » Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:03 am

@Momento10: Yep go ahead.
Cross
Assassin
Assassin
Worships: Madoka
Wish: me to be in an anime.
All-time Favorite:
Tachibana Kanade

Post by Cross » Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:30 pm

I'll do my best to find time to compose write-ups. But as of now, I got no free time. :(
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Support ISML + My All-time FavoriteShow
ImageImage
Bastion
Titan
Titan
Badges:

Post by Bastion » Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:21 pm

Momento10 wrote:Misaka Mikoto vs. Charlotte Dunois - "I am not just some pretty girl with a pretty face."
SpoilerShow
When society look up to someone with high expectations, the person is put in a bind against their true nature. Such a clash between one's wishes and society's views has happened to these two combatants. Coming from a rich, elite school, one would perceive Misaka Mikoto as an elegant, graceful, and refined young woman. In truth, Mikoto is simply a girl who likes cute things, but will quickly strike down those doing ill to society. Around her friends, she would quickly hide this side of her for their views on her. Due to her father's words, Charlotte Dunois came to the academy disguised as a male. Because she was the "second" male classmate, many of the girls perceive and treat her as such. Deep down, she wishes come merely as herself, to be treated like any other girl, not in the charade of a man. To find a place where they can be themselves would put their mind in ease. Breaking the common barrier and being their own selves may prove a challenge, but they will take forth that thorny road with whomever is willing to back them up.
-When society look up - plural agreement
-she wishes [to] come merely as herself - sentance flow

Momento10 wrote:Gokō Ruri vs. Eucliwood Hellscythe - "To change who I currently am - that is my wish."
SpoilerShow
They have been alone for so long that they have become used to it. It is not that they have never made friends; whenever they try, the end result was not promising. Gokō Ruri is shun by most of her classmates due to her awkwardness and is usually seen performing clean-up duties by herself. Even with putting on certain attire for experimentation and gaining attention, it does not work if there is no effort in communication put forth in it. Will she ever step down from her pride is the question. Because her words hold so much power and take a turn for the worse, Eucliwood Hellscythe chose to shut herself from emotion and verbal contact. She keeps herself distant from other and purposefully makes it so that it would be hard to strike a conversation with her. When they finally find a goal, a place of warmth and comfort, will they be able to step down from their pride, their original desires, and fend off against their fate? Mustering enough courage to do so not for their own sake, they walk towards the light of hope in front of them and grasp it...

-Gokō Ruri is shun[ed] by most of her classmates - Tense Active/Passive
-communication put forth[] - unnecessary words
-from emotion[al] and verbal contact - not quite sure about this, but the two words having different tenses sounds akward without a pause.
-- from emotion[,] and verbal contact - ?
-herself distant from other and - plural agreement
-Mustering enough courage to do so[,] not for their own sake - added comma

@Aria.H: I'm not sure what to suggest for edits to your submission, it just sounds too fragmented for my mind to process for suggestions, sorry

To all writers, I know that the starters of these topics have mentioned this, but it doesn't seem it's been followed through with. Having the write-up read aloud really does help, even more if you hand if off to someone else to read it to you. You can catch miswordings and other glitches easier this way.
I actually brought my write-ups to a friend, who's a professional writer, and he asked if he could do this and I found a few edits I'll be making to my most recent entry. It was actually even better that it was someone outside the culture we're writing in, this is for the voter-audience, since he didn't have the preconceptions that we come into it with, and thus able to make suggestions to make the writing clearer for our target audience.
It was also amusing to hear him try to read the names, since he doesn't have the Japanese patterns of language to draw from XD
(*'////'*)
SpoilerShow

ImageImage
Aria.H
Osananajimi
Osananajimi

Post by Aria.H » Sat Oct 15, 2011 3:36 am

@Arcion: Don't worry I was just having a try this time.
amdrag
Cherry blossom
Cherry blossom
Wish: a lack of zetsuboushita.

Post by amdrag » Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:32 am

I don't know how this will help, but I did pull up this factoid for the Haruhi/Taiga matchup: Of Taiga's four wins over Haruhi, three have been decided by 125 votes or fewer; two of those by less than 50 votes. Three of the matches have been decided by 3 percentage points or less; two have been decided by less than 1 percentage point.

2009 Ruby 8: 1558-1533 (50.40%)
2010 Emerald 1: 2469-2344 (51.30%)
2010 Loser's Round of 8: 3764-3160 (54.36%)
2011 Amethyst 6: 3477-3432 (50.33%)
Stocking's gonna need to see your f*****' hands at the concert.
Momento10
Electromaster
Electromaster
Badges:
ImageImageImageImage
KBM - to revive

Post by Momento10 » Sat Oct 15, 2011 3:15 pm

@Aricon: Edited as suggested. Thank you.

Credit for this match goes to Aria H.
Nakano Azusa (K-ON!) vs. Nakamura Yuri (Angel Beats!)
With my friends by my side, I can overcome anything.
SpoilerShow
Two girls, two lives, two personalities, yet a similar determination and ambition. They have hoped that they can prove themselves, but reality slaps them back to the earth again. However, they have learned that they are never alone. While Nakano Azusa has a serious demeanor on practice and getting things done correctly, she finds it hard to convince her seniors to do the same thing. Even so, it is because of her upperclassmen that Azusa not only falls in love with the club, but wishes that the club would contain only them and nothing more. It may be selfish, but that is truly her desire. For Nakamura Yuri, her loss in the past has caused her to watch over those she care about further. The people around her are not the most caring of individuals, but all see her as a motherly leader. Even with her fights to rebel against God, deep down, she could have come up with a scenario to learn about each other more. Maybe someday, they can tell the world proudly, "I am strong, because I have my friends by my side."
Last edited by Momento10 on Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.