moemio
Teleporter
Teleporter
Worships: Furukawa Nagisa
Melon Pan: 50
Wish: Kyubey

Re: RESULTS: 2011 Elimination 5

Post by moemio » Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:26 am

I'm glad Shana was able to defeat Kanade but that doesn't make up for Mio's and Hitagi's losses :(
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Minix
Ninja
Ninja
Worships: Frederica Bernkastel
Wish: Go to Japan

Post by Minix » Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:26 am

Shock!!Kanade lose.....Can't see that coming
akumaxx
Puella magi
Puella magi
Wish: An ISML without harmonics

Post by akumaxx » Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:36 am

@KS:
You won't feel that if you do noticed her performance in AST 2011.
That's why we need more new faces.

I just have no idea exactly who they are. But it doesn't matter - they are all ENEMIES.
== Low Activity ==
Current Soul: 269
Newest cards of Saimoe set: (Resized for signature use)
Previous cardsShow
kuachai
Harem lead
Harem lead

Post by kuachai » Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:42 am

Just smile and get on with it :)
Bastion
Titan
Titan
Badges:
Wish: People who actually want to do their jobs.

Post by Bastion » Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:43 am

I guess this is Shana's year, first she grabbed hold of the Ruby necklace that's eluded her for years, now she might actually have a chance at the tiara. I think she'll have my support, even though I've now watched her series (not including S3) and I don't see her moe level actually having that great of an impact.
Snow over Energy, not unexpected, margin was a bit underperforming though.
Hina-tan will even conquer 'god' for her place, now she just needs to do that for Hayate's heart :p, while Azusa conquered death, it's gonna be an interesting match tomorrow.
Can't really say much about the Charl-Hitagi match except that that was not where I would have expected the VD of three to come from.
The demon-girls also had a more significant difference than I'd expected, guess Haqua doesn't have as much support outside of the forums.
Jamie AB is open for business. How would you like your hare-brained scheme?
Confusing statements are fun :p
Medaka Kurokami wrote:People aren't meant to protect the rules, rules are meant to protect people
(*'////'*)
SpoilerShow
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
http://i979.photobucket.com/albums/ae27 ... nner-1.png" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;[/img]

ImageImage
*Puts Nagi behind the drums and Hinagiku at the front with the mike and a guitar*
Banners made by Midnight Jasper & Marinara
Kordosa wrote:I can just imagine all of the Hinagiku facepalming moments. That alone is worth it.
HnG chapter 333 pg 9 wrote:She (Hinagiku) realized an incredibly obvious but oft overlooked point: One had to read the manga before they could give their judgment of it.
ithekro wrote:Remember you aren't allowed to use your powers for evil.
With great power comes great responsibility
Absolute power corrupts absolutely
Tomoya Okazaki wrote:Can I beat you until you're motionless?
MegaTokyo wrote:Some of us are just a little more screwed up than others.
Saber (maglor) wrote:It is not how much, but it is where the king spends that tells what kind of king he is.
Rito wrote:Men don't decide whether they like someone or not based solely on breast size.
Kordosa wrote:Boy, I really need to learn to keep my questions to myself. It only makes things worse.
The lunatics around you are once again doing something to lower your opinion of human intelligence. ~Face Palm
Your sense of time tells you how much of your life has been wasted because you didn't take us at our word. ~Cracked.com
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Azu-nyan, Hina-chan, Aoyama-chan and Subaru-nyan-chan
sirwence
Arturian
Arturian
Badges:
Worships: Saber
2019 Female Favorite: Saber
2018 Female Favorite: Saber
2018 Male Favorite: Totsuka Saika
2017 Female Favorite: Saber
2017 Male Favorite: Totsuka Saika

Post by sirwence » Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:15 am

just glad charlotte got a win and Kanade didnt~
Game8910
Thaumaturge
Thaumaturge
Worships: Nakagawa Kanon
Wish: Athena gets really popular in the future, also TWGOK S3

Post by Game8910 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:31 am

Kordosa wrote:Casual pick-up voters by association weren't who I'm worried about. I'm referring to the hardcore character/series voters gathered together on a single Facebook group and "mobilize" by agreeing to vote one certain way on different matches in order to further their favored characters or series. As I said before, Facebook makes it relatively easy to make such groups. And sure, an opposing side might make a group of their own, but I'd say that could get even uglier. Instead of one group faction voting, you have two or more. Chaos ensues. And with all of the skewed voting, it might be more difficult to determine true character strength. Sure, what I describe is an extreme case that more than likely won't happen, but I just know how obsessed some people can get over things. For instance, that Mikoto page that was linked to in one of the other threads. Everyone seemed so obsessed with having Mikoto win that I'm pretty sure most of them have lost sight of what makes Mikoto moe to begin with. The person role playing as her certainly seemed to. I'm an ardent Mikoto supporter, but that kind of behavior makes me cringe.
In other words, ISML becomes the same as Jsaimoe
Eater-of-All
Dragon slayer
Dragon slayer
Badges:
Melon Pan: 65

Post by Eater-of-All » Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:45 am

Game8910 wrote:
Kordosa wrote:Casual pick-up voters by association weren't who I'm worried about. I'm referring to the hardcore character/series voters gathered together on a single Facebook group and "mobilize" by agreeing to vote one certain way on different matches in order to further their favored characters or series. As I said before, Facebook makes it relatively easy to make such groups. And sure, an opposing side might make a group of their own, but I'd say that could get even uglier. Instead of one group faction voting, you have two or more. Chaos ensues. And with all of the skewed voting, it might be more difficult to determine true character strength. Sure, what I describe is an extreme case that more than likely won't happen, but I just know how obsessed some people can get over things. For instance, that Mikoto page that was linked to in one of the other threads. Everyone seemed so obsessed with having Mikoto win that I'm pretty sure most of them have lost sight of what makes Mikoto moe to begin with. The person role playing as her certainly seemed to. I'm an ardent Mikoto supporter, but that kind of behavior makes me cringe.
Or we can address this by reintroducing politics into moe and quoting James Madison that "...by comprehending in the society so many separate descriptions of citizens as will render an unjust combination of a majority of the whole very imporbably, if not impracticable", ISML's various factions will effectively neutralize each other out and produce results that will roughly reflect the truth!
SpoilerShow
Momo
State alchemist
State alchemist
Badges:
ImageImage
Worships: Akemi Homura
Melon Pan: 132
Wish: Yotsuba-chan♥

Post by Momo » Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:58 am

Eater-of-All wrote:Or we can address this by reintroducing politics into moe and quoting James Madison that "...by comprehending in the society so many separate descriptions of citizens as will render an unjust combination of a majority of the whole very imporbably, if not impracticable", ISML's various factions will effectively neutralize each other out and produce results that will roughly reflect the truth!
The truth that Saimoe sucks.

Revenge Time~
Kudos to my amazing Secret Santa ♥
xcrossfacekillahx
Incubator
Incubator
Worships: Rosario Cross
Wish: A very good tournament and more cookies. Moehood to reign

Post by xcrossfacekillahx » Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:10 am

Well even if Saimoe sucks, we're still here. Bitter people can cry all they want because the truth hurts that the strong ones will fall one by one.
Aria.H
Osananajimi
Osananajimi
Worships: Uzumaki Naruto

Post by Aria.H » Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:13 am

Game8910 wrote:
That's why DE might be a bit better than SE.
Deathscyther
Space pirate
Space pirate

Post by Deathscyther » Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:39 am

Wow, this is great. She actually did it.:lol:

I knew this match could go either way and I thought Shana would have a good chance to win, but I never thought she'd win by so much.I guess my wish of getting a Shana-Mikoto final will come true after all. :)
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Darth Blitzer
Space pirate
Space pirate
Worships: KyoAni Empire
Wish: Patrolling the Ohio wasteland almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.

Post by Darth Blitzer » Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:54 am

kordosa wrote:I'm referring to the hardcore character/series voters gathered together on a single Facebook group and "mobilize" by agreeing to vote one certain way on different matches in order to further their favored characters or series. As I said before, Facebook makes it relatively easy to make such groups. And sure, an opposing side might make a group of their own, but I'd say that could get even uglier. Instead of one group faction voting, you have two or more. Chaos ensues. And with all of the skewed voting, it might be more difficult to determine true character strength. Sure, what I describe is an extreme case that more than likely won't happen, but I just know how obsessed some people can get over things.
This isn't entirely new though, facebook mobilization and this level of organization maybe but the general idea of factional combat has been a part of this tournament in varying levels for awhile now.

Factions and a growing level of organization seem to be something that's unavoidable once you get the first hints of it really, as it introduces an arms race where either the oppositional groups have to forfeit or one up the other faction in terms of achieving their goals.
ETERNAL LURKER who rarely posts now sometimes posts, maybe
Politics, Religion, and Moé
"I remember when ISML was good"
"ISML has never been good"
Umi
Void mage
Void mage
Worships: Ichinose Kotomi

Post by Umi » Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:49 am

Oh noes Kanade. Amazed over the fact that Shana actually did it, with room to spare.
With someone as powerful as Kanade out of the running, it's anyone's game now.
walyi
Gym leader
Gym leader
Worships: Suigintou
Wish: Reach the top 5 sit

Post by walyi » Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:58 am

Hahahahaha....althrough I do not very heat shana or kanade but I thing this result can make some groups people have a analysing
Chikara Icy
Mad scientist
Mad scientist
Wish: A better life

Post by Chikara Icy » Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:20 am

I don't mean disppointed about Shana over Kanade
But I very disappointed to multivoters (cheater) who voted favorite charaters to win :(
After all, unexpected results
Sedon
Space cowboy
Space cowboy
Worships: C.C.
Wish: Something amazing to happen...

Post by Sedon » Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:34 am

Well,, that only shows that obsessed people can surely go to certain heights just to fulfill their desires.. just hoping all the multivotes would have been detected and nulled, but its unlikely to completely detect all of it.. an example would be that 100 votes @_@ surely some of it passed through

ImageImageImageImage
Credits to:
Energetic Hikari-chan for the slivers
MultiLing Keyboard Madness ⊇≪☜∵↖ⓢⓔⓓⓞⓝ↗∴☞≫⊆
Mayushii~ + Kuristina-HomuHomuShow
ImageImage
Thanks to Midnight-Jasper for Mayushii~ sig and awesome Momokutenshi for the Kuristina-HomuHomu sig~ <3
Lost but not forgotten~ Tu tu ruu~!
walyi
Gym leader
Gym leader
Worships: Suigintou
Wish: Reach the top 5 sit

Post by walyi » Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:52 am

Actually, nobody knows how many people join in this game... You konw this game's voating base on the IP adress and no one know the real voting at any time...
So~ Kanade's lose is in expected~
Cross
Assassin
Assassin
Worships: Madoka
Wish: me to be in an anime.
All-time Favorite:
Tachibana Kanade

Post by Cross » Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:06 pm

So Kanade lost. Hmmmm.
Then, I'll go with MIKOTO (she's obviously MOE and she deserves to be in the finals)!
I don't like Shana much (well, I do hate her for she annoys me a lot and I like Kazumi and Hecate more than Shana)

Well, Shana was last year's Kanade...
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Support ISML + My All-time FavoriteShow
ImageImage
KamiyaCheap
Smoked cheese
Smoked cheese
Worships: Fate Testarossa
Wish: At least One KamiNomi Girl win a necklace or the Tiara.
Fate revival next year!
Anti-Sora!!! Say NO to Kasugano Sora!

Post by KamiyaCheap » Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:59 pm

OMG! Shana!!! Did the Impossible! OMG! I'm speechless! HOLY SHIT!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage