Who are you supporting in the Championship Round?

Single-Elimination Tournament and future ISML contests

Fire vs. Electricity. Who are you supporting for ?

Poll ended at Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:02 am

Shana
38%
Misaka Mikoto
44%
Abstain
17%

Total votes: 52
Kordosa
Soul gem
Soul gem
Worships: Moriya Suwako's hat
Melon Pan: 50
2019 Female Favorite: Sakurajima Mai
2019 Male Favorite: Eugeo
2018 Female Favorite: Yamada Elf
2018 Male Favorite: Willem Kmetsch
2017 Female Favorite: Darkness
2017 Male Favorite: Roy Mustang
Wish: A third season of Spice and Wolf.

Re: Who are you supporting in the Championship Round?

Post by Kordosa » Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:33 am

KholdStare88 wrote:Kordosa is very close and pretty much correct. The reason requires a little outside of the box thinking, which means instead of thinking about "influence," we should be thinking past it. Let's say Crisu and I both voted for Mikoto and she beats Shana by 50.2%. After the results are released, someone may look at this thread and accuse us of fixing the results. Now is this a reasonable accusation? No. Does it matter? Not really. Think of all the real life court cases where someone is "acquitted" yet everyone assumes s/he is guilty anyways. The point is, it won't stop someone from going, "lol we all know Mikoto won 2012 just cuz the admins support her." Are we saying someone will definitely make a big deal out of this? No, but the risk of something like this happening is not worth it.
Ah, so it's really just keeping up the appearance of professionalism then. :P Or rather, not giving anyone the means to say you're not being professional about it. I can understand that.
KholdStare88 wrote:So Kordosa, what can you do and how would you like to help in staff?
Hmm, I think I need to amend what I typed here to include "answers" as well. :P Oh, wait. Are you being serious?
QuotesShow
Cirno wrote:*sinister laugh* Winning by only 47 votes is all part of my master plan. Now everyone will think I'm weak when, in fact, I'm the strongest. And then, when they least expect it, I'll strike back and take over the entire ISML. It's foolproof. Hahahaha, I'm such a genius!
Crisu wrote:And, of course, never merge an anti-cookie with a normal cookie. Serious consequence will occur.
shiraoky wrote:I'm always squeeing lol.
Metaler wrote:Seriously, if you're gonna do something badly, then don't bother doing it. It's like when you take a dump: you don't show it to other people specifically because it's shit!
Kordosa wrote:Protip: If a male high school student character is voiced by a female seiyuu, there is a 100% probability that that character will be forced to crossdress at some point.
xcrossfacekillahx
Incubator
Incubator
Worships: Rosario Cross
Wish: A very good tournament and more cookies. Moehood to reign

Post by xcrossfacekillahx » Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:30 am

Kordosa wrote:I'd be stupid to not vote for Mikoto since on my MAL profile, she shares third place with Hinagiku (because they seem very similar in disposition, at least to me). For all those that are still skeptical about Mikoto, please remember that she's not just about Zap~ Zap~ "I'm really strong". As I've stated elsewhere, yes, she won't turn down a good challenge if given the opportunity, because it gives her the chance to actually see how strong she is. (And being the third strongest esper doesn't allow for many actual challenges).
But.
She also would rather just hang out and have fun with her friends like everyone else. If it involves the Gekota mascot, then even better. As she's still in middle school, she still has some very childish tastes in clothes (and the aforementioned Gekota). And I think this side of her (that she tries to hide out of embarrassment) coupled with her sense of justice is what makes her a great character.
But I'm also feeling...Show
On the other hand, those really extremist Mikoto fans on that Facebook page sort of pissed me off because it seemed like they'd forgotten what makes Mikoto a great character. In other words, I really don't want to be associated with them. So a really small part of me actually wants to anti-vote Mikoto as a take that against them.
I think those guys just want Mikoto to win so bad. I can't blame them. That's how dedicated they are. They even blamed JC Staff for delaying Index Season 3.
KholdStare88 wrote:This seems to be a good exercise to see who has the right thinking to become staff. Let's see if others want to chime in.
I'm not cut out to be a staff yet because I don't think it's the right time for me. I've been in the forums for 8 months only so I might need more time and be qualified for whatever guidelines to become one of the staff. It's always a huge responsibility year in and year out for you guys.
Momento10
Electromaster
Electromaster
Badges:
ImageImageImageImage
Worships: Setsumi Sakura
Melon Pan: 88
2019 Female Favorite: Tōma Kazusa
2019 Male Favorite: Ayanokōji Kiyotaka
2018 Female Favorite: Nishimiya Shōko
2018 Male Favorite: Sagara Sōsuke
2017 Female Favorite: Megumin
2017 Male Favorite: Zen Wistalia
Wish: ISML - A new face for the champion.
KBM - to revive
AST - to encourage international participation
IRL - My definition of peace and tranquility.

Post by Momento10 » Sun Nov 13, 2011 5:15 am

We do not want someone accidentally walking into this thread and accusing us for being bias/changing results their favor when results are shown to all in the event the VD turns out to be close. The accusers are rude to come up with a false accusation to the staff, who work their behind off getting everything done and on time for us to enjoy this, for marking the results to their favor and such. At the same time, staff wishes to make sure such things will not happen. Still holding favorites like human beings as they are, but looking at things at face at a professional level while not being swayed by the crowd. Better for it to be hidden at match-ups such as these, just in case. Not worth the risk of having the above happen, which is probable, then affecting the rust of us who are here while they are at it. I chain of reactions that I wish to not see happen in any forums, and I have seen much at multiple things over the silliest of reasons.
Unrelated to thread topic;therefore spoiler and only open if wis…Show
About facebook, I too was at a fit with what I have seen in it. I laughed when Crisu posted evidence of multi-voting from people. At the same time, I felt true shame and pity. Why go so far when the majority just wants to have fun? Not saying that facebook is bad, for it is an interesting widget put up with this internet age upon us. Stating that the ones who are extreme that post before they think may scare some people away. Humans tend to ignore good qualities of something and only remember the ugly. I hope that those who see this new for the first time do not couple those facebookers with us. Then again, I am biased when it comes to subjects concerning the social network and the like, so maybe this spoiler is just some fool ranting about something unnecessary.
Chocola
Hikarin's Kitty
Hikarin's Kitty
Worships: Kousaka Reina
2017 Female Favorite: Karasuma Chitose
2017 Male Favorite: Killua Zoldyck
Wish: Hikachu to not hate me

Post by Chocola » Sun Nov 13, 2011 5:20 am

I don't want to start a new topic about this but I don't believe I've said this outside of AnimeSuki. The Facebook widget will not be on the main or voting page during the final match, although you will expect it to be used throughout all of next year. While the staff doesn't want to make assumptions about whether or not Facebook affects one character more than another, they do see that it introduces factors midway into SE and we would rather start using it from the beginning of a season instead.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
MAL Ratings ISML Chat, Saimoe Blog, Saimoe Wiki
A tall, towering wall looms in front of me. Beyond that is something that I could never to see on my own.
And that is...the view from the top.
advance94
Dryad
Dryad
Worships: Alice Margatroid
Wish: Shana to finally WIN a major Saimoe tournament

Post by advance94 » Sun Nov 13, 2011 5:20 am

I like them both but I'll vote for Shana, just look at my wish down there
Eater-of-All
Dragon slayer
Dragon slayer
Badges:
Melon Pan: 65

Post by Eater-of-All » Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:01 am

Kordosa wrote:Well, when it comes to being part of the staff, I would expect that there'd be some sort of professional distance kept from voter reaction/forum stuff. I'm not saying the staff shouldn't be enthusiastic about ISML in general -- because that's why they're on the staff, hopefully -- but they shouldn't get swept up in it. Sort of like referees in a sport. Yes, they are there because they like the sport and possess a knowledge of the rules, but since they are an important part of the sport's function, they should try to remain professional about their positions. So I would think it's the same thing with the ISML staff at least when it comes to voting and other "serious business" matters.
Yeah, and if anyone is ever bothered by the crazy things I post in results threads, etc. even though I'm pink, just remember that my only job in the staff is to get abused by Hikari-chan and not much else. Besides, pink is a horrible color anyways (unless it's on Ichigo-Sora :love: ).

Anyways, back to on-topic-ness.
SpoilerShow
CrowKenobi
Cherry blossom
Cherry blossom

Post by CrowKenobi » Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:15 am

How very Dan Hibiki of you, Eater! :P :lol:

And Kholdy does have a point that even having the appearance of impropriety is to be avoided. :)

And voted for Shana. ;)
ImageImageImageImage
what might have been...Show
Thanks to Marinara for the avatar and sigs.
loudmouth
Intelligent device
Intelligent device
Wish: To go to heaven

Post by loudmouth » Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:38 am

Mikoto for sure. I like Shana too I guess and I know this might be her last realistic chance at winning a major tournament, but I can't vote against Mikoto.

Also I don't care who else benefits from Mikoto's win, I'll still be happy. And my opinion is obviously more important XP
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
walyi
Gym leader
Gym leader
Worships: Suigintou
Wish: Reach the top 5 sit

Post by walyi » Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:00 am

Because something happen in my friends so I couldn't make a chose...So I have to abstain
Jack_Rav
Thaumaturge
Thaumaturge
Wish: For both Kanade and Yuki to win a necklace this year. Wish granted! <3

Post by Jack_Rav » Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:09 pm

After what can only be described as a pretty horrific post-season for me, Mikoto winning would certainly be the silver lining on the dark cloud.

Heck, I'd always vote against Shana in a final...she could be the Jimmy White of Saimoe! :twisted:
Reminder: Start of November = ARIA. Hahi~
amdrag
Cherry blossom
Cherry blossom
Wish: a lack of zetsuboushita.

Post by amdrag » Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:54 pm

I'm not a big Shana fan, but I would love to see an end to LOLSHANAFAIL.
Stocking's gonna need to see your f*****' hands at the concert.
Crisu
Wan Wan Wan
Wan Wan Wan
Badges:
ImageImage
Worships: Kinomoto Sakura
Wish: Fluency in Japanese

Post by Crisu » Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:04 pm

Final round PV is now on the main page and voting page. Thanks to KholdStare!
ImageImage
Signature by Hikari-chan
hinakatbklyn
Incubator
Incubator
Melon Pan: 55

Post by hinakatbklyn » Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:25 pm

Uptempo for these two challengers in the final match? Brilliant! Excellent PV
JLoable91
Shinigami
Shinigami
Worships: Izayoi Sakuya
Wish: Gotta nom 'em all!~

Post by JLoable91 » Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:54 pm

PV is brilliant!!

Shana ofcourse, this is her last change, while Mikoto will still get a third (and fourth) season that will give her a boost!!
HeartClover
Space cowboy
Space cowboy
Worships: Audrey Hepburn
Wish: adventure

Post by HeartClover » Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:06 pm

The PV is awesome! Good job, Kholdy~

And I'm changing my vote to Shana.
Last edited by HeartClover on Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thanks to my lovely Emjayfor the sig~
shiraoky
Electromaster
Electromaster
Worships: the rwby ladies <3
Wish: more time to laze around and have fun!

Post by shiraoky » Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:15 pm

Ooh, the PV was great! Good job Kholdy!~ :3
Thanks to M-J for the beautiful sigs<3~!
Tim
Befriender
Befriender
Wish: Shana be one of the happiest girls in the world.

Post by Tim » Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:48 pm

What kind of the girl does Shana be?

In the first season of SnS,she was just a flamehaze,she even didn't has a name.
People meant nothing to her,they are just something she can take advantage of in her job.
But,everything stared to change after meeting the boy ,Yuuji.

He accepted the truth of disappearing,and wanted to do something for his family and friends,
just not to waste the time and being he had.Yuuji even give the petite girl a name "Shana".
Therefore,just like some magic happened to her,Shana began to try being friendly to people,
maybe she usually messed up the atmosphere,and saying "urusai urusai urusai " always was a form of escapism for her though.
Shana knew humams and espesially the boy,Yuuji, meant more than she first saw them.
And she finally understood the feeling was love in the last ep of the season.

In the Second Season of SnS,Shana started to follow her heart,she trained Yuuji from the season one,
Each time he became stronger,Shana knew the day she leave the city with Yuuji was sooner.
In the other hand,her friend Yoshida like Yuuji too.Gradually,the girls understood that "It is not enough just knew our own mind"
"We must confirm Yuuji 's mind too !" So the girls made up her minds and both sent a loveletter to Yuuji.

But no one recieved reply in the Christmas Eve night.

In the final season of SnS,Yuuji became a Lords of the Crimson Realm,also the boss of Bal Masqué for changing the rules of the world.
The rules would restrict Shana's freedom foreve.From ancient times, that is the desiny of a flamehaze.
And Shana,being a flamehaze,there is no reason not killing Crimson Denizens who will break the balance of the world.
But now,the one she have to fight with was the guy she love most.

What will happen next week? And what will be the end of the story?The anime doesn't play it yet,
But undoubtedly,the girl is smart,lovely,honest,with responsibility.And her name is Shana.

Want to write something for people who don't watch the anime yet could take a look of her.
(Try to do my best,but maybe my English still has some problems~ ^^; )
This is the third year I take part in ISML,I hope Shana can get the tiara this year from the heart.
With the novel and anime ending,there will be no more chances for her,
If you don't make up your mind yet,
please support Shana in the championship match,thank you very much! >//<
How can't you like this girl?Image
RegalStar
[Countryside Loli]
[Countryside Loli]
Badges:
ImageImage
Melon Pan: 0
Wish: Miracles

Post by RegalStar » Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:11 pm

I kind of wished to see Kuroneko and Kanade being promoted in a PV.

Oh well. Nice video as always.
Jeffrey-sama
Soul gem
Soul gem
Wish: K-ON! Season 3

Post by Jeffrey-sama » Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:31 pm

nice work, KS.
really looking forward to the finals now. (:
xcrossfacekillahx
Incubator
Incubator
Worships: Rosario Cross
Wish: A very good tournament and more cookies. Moehood to reign

Post by xcrossfacekillahx » Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:43 am

Tim wrote:This is the third year I take part in ISML,I hope Shana can get the tiara this year from the heart.
With the novel and anime ending,there will be no more chances for her,
If you don't make up your mind yet,
please support Shana in the championship match,thank you very much! >//<
Same with me, this is my third year I take part in the contest but I'm 8 months in the forums. Shana has done successfully in this tournament year in and year out.
The current season says it's final but that doesn't mean this isn't Shana's final shot. A lot of people have told that this is her final run at the tiara but I will prove them wrong. She'll have her chance next year if she loses this, same goes for Mikoto.
Shana has had her share of necklaces and that's the best that she will get if she won't win this.

If you have trouble in who to vote besides abstain, then vote for Misaka Mikoto who has had more success over everyone in all 3 tournaments. Current holder of the Aquamarine necklace. She had a 48 match winning streak and probably is on a roll right now.